The lies about gen 6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is reasonable to presume, Holy Angels were created “out” of their Estate.
It is revealed Mankind, was created “out” of their Estate.

Mankind WAS not, IS not, called a “son of God” on the day it WAS or IS created.

*Disagree with your interpretation.
*God IS Light, without beginning. Light existed Before Gods Creation.
- Two estates are created in the beginning of Gods Creation;
...1) the Heavens
...2) the Earth

*Follow the ORDER;
AS the Earth is Being Created...
...1) Two in their Estate, are singing, called morning stars
...2) Many are shouting for joy, referenced as holy angels, heavenly stars, sons of God.

*Follow the ORDER;
Before Man is Created out of his Estate, Earth. Before man is called “A” son of God.
...1) One morning star, called; (a devouring Lion) called “son of the morning” is cast out of his ESTATE, Heaven; down to his new ESTATE, Earth. (Isa 14:12)
...2) One morning star, called; (a saving Judah Lion) Later, a Star is revealed out of Jacob (ie ISRAEL), ON Earth, called “the bright morning Star”, “THE” Son of God. (Num 24:17 ~ Rev 22:16)

*Follow the ORDER;
~ “sons of God”......are holy creations of God....”holy angels”
*All with FREEWILL...to remain “holy”; to KEEP their heavenly Estate; or Freely choose to FALL from “holiness”.

*Follow the ORDER;
* Fallen angels “sons of God”; Fall “DOWN” from their Estate, Heaven; Fall “DOWN” from their status of “holy”, lose their title, “son of God”.
* Mankind (was NOT created and made..holy)...Mankind WAS created and made “VERY GOOD”.
* Mankind fell from his status, of “very good”, and became subject to experiencing BODILY Death, on his Estate, Earth.
* Mankind WAS offered a WAY, to become transformed INTO a “holy” being.
* Mankind which rejects the Offering, SHALL lose his ESTATE, and Fall DOWN, to his new Estate; Hell.
* Mankind which accepts the Offering, SHALL be “MADE” holy, by the Power of God, SHALL Keep His ESTATE (Earth), AND have access to the Heavens, and SHALL assume the “the Title”, of “son of God.”

~ “sons of God”....are mankind which are ‘MADE’ holy. by, through, of the Power of God, to transform, mankind, HAVING FALLEN FROM, “VERY GOOD”, TO BEING OFFERED A WAY, TO: become “made” holy; and have the title: “son of God”.

Glory to God,
Taken
I see a long list of "opinions" with only 3 scripture references to two quoted verses.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angels are messengers.
(Cute avatar!) Yes, there are many instances of "angels as messengers" in scripture...but they don't have sex with humans.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon - angels (ἄγγελος)

Matthew 11:10; Luke 7:24, 27; Luke 9:52; Mark 1:2; James 2:25. [From Homer down.]
2. In the Scriptures, both of the Old Testament and of the New Testament, one of that host of heavenly spirits that, according alike to Jewish and Christian opinion, wait upon the monarch of the universe, and are sent by him to earth, now to execute his purposes (Matthew 4:6, 11; Matthew 28:2; Mark 1:13; Luke 16:22; Luke 22:43 [L brackets WH reject the passage]; Acts 7:35; Acts 12:23; Galatians 3:19, cf. Hebrews 1:14), now to make them known to men (Luke 1:11, 26; Luke 2:9ff; Acts 10:3; Acts 27:23; Matthew 1:20; Matthew 2:13; Matthew 28:5; John 20:12f); hence, the frequent expressions ἄγγελος (angel, messenger of God, מַלְאָך) and ἄγγελοι κυρίου or ἄγγελοι τοῦ Θεοῦ.

They are subject not only to God but also to Christ (Hebrews 1:4ff; 1 Peter 3:22, cf. Ephesians 1:21; Galatians 4:14), who is described as hereafter to return to judgment surrounded by a multitude of them as servants and attendants: Matthew 13:41, 49; Matthew 16:27; Matthew 24:31; Matthew 25:31; 2 Thessalonians 1:7, cf. Jude 1:14.

Single angels have the charge of separate elements; as fire, Revelation 14:18; waters, Revelation 16:5, cf. Revelation 7:1; John 5:4 [R L]. Respecting the ἄγγελος τῆς ἀβύσσου, Revelation 9:11, see Ἀβαδδών,

3. Guardian angels of individuals are mentioned in Matthew 18:10; Acts 12:15. 'The angels of the churches' in Revelation 1:20; Revelation 2:1, 8, 12, 18; Revelation 3:1, 7, 14 are not their presbyters or bishops, but heavenly spirits who exercise such a superintendence and guardianship over them that whatever in their assemblies is worthy of praise or of censure is counted to the praise or the blame of their angels also, as though the latter infused their spirit into the assemblies; cf. DeWette, Düsterdieck [Alford] on Revelation 1:20, and Lücke, Einl. in d. Offenb. d. Johan. ii., p. 429f, edition 2; [Bp. Lightfoot on Philip., p. 199f]. διά τούς ἀγγέλους that she may show reverence for the angels, invisibly present in the religious assemblies of Christians, and not displease them, 1 Corinthians 11:10. ὤφθη ἀγγέλοις in 1 Timothy 3:16 is probably to be explained neither of angels to whom Christ exhibited himself in heaven, nor of demons triumphed over by him in the nether world, but of the apostles, his messengers, to whom he appeared after his resurrection. This appellation, which is certainly extraordinary, is easily understood from the nature of the hymn from which the passage ἐφανερώθη ... ἐν δόξῃ seems to have been taken; cf. Winer's Grammar, 639f (594), [for other interpretations see Ellicott, at the passage]. In John 1:51 (52) angels are employed, by a beautiful image borrowed from Genesis 28:12, to represent the divine power that will aid Jesus in the discharge of his Messianic office, and the signal proofs to appear in his history of a divine superintendence. Certain of the angels have proved faithless to the trust committed to them by God, and have given themselves up to sin, Jude 1:6; 2 Peter 2:4 (Enoch c. vi. etc., cf. Genesis 6:2), and now obey the devil, Matthew 25:41; Revelation 12:7, cf. 1 Corinthians 6:3 [yet on this last passage cf. Meyer; he and others maintain that ἄγγελοι without an epithet or limitation never in the N. T. signifies other than good angels]. Hence, ἄγγελος Σατᾶν is tropically used in 2 Corinthians 12:7 to denote a grievous bodily malady sent by Satan.

See δαίμων; [Sophocles' Lexicon, under the word ἄγγελος; and for the literature on the whole subject B. D. American edition under the word Angels — and to the references there given add G. L. Hahn, Theol. des N. T., i., pp. 260-384; Delitzsch in Riehm under the word Engel; Kübel in Herzog edition 2, ibid.].

THAYER’S GREEK LEXICON, Electronic Database.
Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2006, 2011 by Biblesoft, Inc.
All rights reserved. Used by permission. BibleSoft.com

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1- Giants are not angels.
2- Sons of God are not angels.
3- Daughters of men are not angels.

You seem to skip over...."AND ALSO AFTER THAT....

* Giants are not angels.

* Holy angels, ARE “sons of God”.

* Earthly women, men, daughters of men, are not angels.

* Giants are offsprings of fallen angels and human women.

* Angels were created Holy, called “sons of God”, created to serve a Holy God.

* Mankind was created and made “very good”, to serve a Holy God.

* Both Angels and Mankind have Freewill.

* Holy Angels that (exercised their Freewill) to Stand AGAINST God, lost their Heavenly Estate, lost their holiness, lost their status of “sons of God”.

* Mankind that (exercises their Freewill) to Stand WITH God, gains eternal life WITH God On their Earthly Estate, gains holiness by, through, of the Power of God, gains the status of “son of God”, (that mans personal relationship WITH God), gains the status among other men who do the same as a brotherhood of “saints”, (that mans personal relationship WITH other men.)

* “sons of God” are always references to “angels and men” IN a personal and holy relationship WITH Holy God.

* Angels BEGIN holy, and can fall away, without Offering of restoration.
* Men BEGIN very good, fall away, and are Offered restoration, back to good and Offered a New Birth of holiness AND forever life WITH God.

Restoration of a mans soul....(commonly called Saved).
Pss 23: [3] He restoreth my soul...

Quickening of a mans spirit...(commonly called a rebirth, Born Again)
1 Pet 1: [23] Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see a long list of "opinions" with only 3 scripture references to two quoted verses.

I state what I believe. If you can not search the scriptures that parallels what I say...that’s on you. IF you can not find...ASK specifically.

I have no requirement to search for you. I could care less what you think are mere opinions. I know my Standing and Why.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in a house of flesh.
We are not that flesh, we simply reside in it.
God took the dust of the earth.. peoples, nations, kindred.. dust.. as the sands of the sea..
And formed a man.
Now we are his body, can the eye say to the ear I have no need of thee? Or the hand to the foot,
and members in particular...
we are the dust of the earth that God took and created Adam with.

We were the walking dead.
But God took "OF" the dust.. which means God didn't take ALL the dust.
And so there still remained dust on the earth.

But of THIS dust God created a Man. And God called him his Son.
Adam is the Son of God, Jesus is the Son of God.
Jesus is God Son and Man.
Jesus is flesh and spirit.
Jesus left his Glory, and then left his earthy house behind... and was robed with New skin.

And it doth not yet appear what we shall be, but we know when we see him, we shall be like him.

That is clothed in Glory. Again.

That dust that God took from the earth to create Adam apparently had something wrong in it.
Thou wast perfect in all thy ways, until iniquity was found in thee...
This iniquity come from the dust that God created Adam with.

There still dust on the earth though... and when Adam gave in to his desires God sent him back to where he came from.
These are the peoples on the "outside" that didn't make it "inside" .
Not all were washed..
These are the dogs and the liars and the theives... which came to Jesus but didn't remain. They are the spots in the feasts, that got scooped up like grains of sand and sifted out.

Adam and Eve represent ALL of humanity.
The day they disobeyed God, they all stood before the judgment seat.
Adam, Eve, and all that loveth and maketh a lie. Represented by the snake.

God took Adam and placed him "IN" the garden.
And then he was cast "OUT" of the garden.
Cain moved eastward and found himself a wife.. from where? from the dust of the earth.
Cain son of Adam, Son of God, saw the fairness of the daughters of men and took unto him a wife.

I saw Satan fall as lightening... Adam was Cast Out.
Satan = adversary, enemy.

We are the offspring of Adam.. cast off but not forgotten.

We all come from God. We all return to God.
We are all God's children.
But we fail and we fall because the flesh is weak.
Jesus showed us that God does not forget us, he does not forsake us, and he will always forgive us,
If we only return to him.

Now we have this thing called rapture.. God collecting the dust of the earth.
Only the grains given to Jesus will not be left behind.
What does remain are those who do not believe... the daughters of men..

We will also have a chance to eat that fruit.. again.
Will we remain in paradise or be cast out into the earth again?
Seven times seventy seven...

I don't believe life ends.
ever.
we just move to a new destination in time and space.
bringing those who never heard of God, to God.
That's our job.

Those on the "outside" are the dust of the earth that God took from the earth and created His own Son from.

And when the day is over, once again, a remnant will be scooped up, created into a New Man, but there will still be those on the outside.
Those on the outside in the book of Revelation are the same "dust" that God took from the earth to create Adam.

The circle of life is neverending...

world without end..

Nephilim = tyrants and bullies, those on the "outside" that sit in great darkness....

Until we ALL come to the knowledge of God.

That could take awhile.....
Hugs

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The burden of proof is always on the poster because man's "opinions" abound.

I have no burden to prove anything, to anyone Because they disagree or make snide or snarky remarks.

It is your option to search the Scriptures. It is your option to ASK. It is not my burden to Search FOR YOU. It is not my burden to mind-read what you fail to ASK.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Cute avatar!) Yes, there are many instances of "angels as messengers" in scripture...but they don't have sex with humans.
Thank You

What's that Paul?

1Co 9:3 Mine answer to them that do examine me is this,
1Co 9:4 Have we not power to eat and to drink?
1Co 9:5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

Gal 4:14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.

Act 6:15 And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel.

What exactly does an angel look like?

Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

ang'-el-os; from ἀγγέλλω aggéllō (probably derived from G71; compare G34) (to bring tidings); a messenger; especially an "angel"; by implication, a pastor:—angel, messenger.

1Co 7:32 But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:
1Co 7:33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Because the angels in heaven have no cares of the world...
They are more concerned (like Paul) with pleasing the Lord.

What exactly does an angel look like?
What is their purpose?

Apparently those who sat in the council must have seen an angel in order to compare faces.
And Apparently those who took Paul in must have known what angels look like because they took him in as an angel.
And we can entertain angels unawares...

Angels are God's messengers. They are called by God, sent by God into a very dark world.
They are the lights of truth that permeate the lies and propaganda.
They are us.
We are them.

Jdg 13:3 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son.
Jdg 13:6 Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, A man of God came unto me, and his countenance was like the countenance of an angel of God, very terrible: but I asked him not whence he was, neither told he me his name:

Was Moses an angel?
Deu 33:1 And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.

or Shemaiah?
1Ki 12:22 But the word of God came unto Shemaiah the man of God, saying,

What is it with oak trees?

1Ki 13:11 Now there dwelt an old prophet in Bethel; and his sons came and told him all the works that the man of God had done that day in Bethel: the words which he had spoken unto the king, them they told also to their father.
1Ki 13:12 And their father said unto them, What way went he? For his sons had seen what way the man of God went, which came from Judah.
1Ki 13:13 And he said unto his sons, Saddle me the ass. So they saddled him the ass: and he rode thereon,
1Ki 13:14 And went after the man of God, and found him sitting under an oak: and he said unto him, Art thou the man of God that camest from Judah? And he said, I am.

Jdg 6:11 And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites.

I believe in angels. Both the seen and the unseen.
I believe we attain the status of angelhood, when the world no longer has it's claws in us.
When we move without fear of what man may do to us.
When we are in the world, but no longer of the world.

I don't believe angels are invisible beings that fly through the air with wings and harps.
I believe they are messengers sent from God. Like Paul or Steven or Moses.
And they are born into this world like everybody else, except they have a mission.
And some are called and some are chosen.
Whether in the last age, this age, or the many more to come...

Angels are messengers of God that can fulfill their mission or fail.
They are not perfect as we are not perfect..
They are simply messengers.

Except for The Angel of the Lord, which is the shepherd of angels.
Hugs

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no burden to prove anything, to anyone Because they disagree or make snide or snarky remarks.

It is your option to search the Scriptures. It is your option to ASK. It is not my burden to Search FOR YOU. It is not my burden to mind-read what you fail to ASK.
The angels were not any more holy than good at creation:

"And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day."

The morning stars as describing angels were created good.

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

The standard definition of a son is that one is the image of one's parents. Jesus did not come as a holy angel. Jesus came as a man in the holy image of God. Adam was a son of God and had all the holiness of God's image as a son of God. Adam was not the only son of God created. God created them (plural, many). How can you claim this verse says God only created a single male called Adam? Do you realize that God did not even name that one called out man Adam, until that man named all the animals God had created? God did not call the angels by name in Genesis 1. He called them stars, because that was their purpose. He did not call His image in Genesis 1 sons of God, because their purpose was to represent God on earth. Why do you think God's representatives on earth were not holy? Did God only represent Himself as being mediocre then? Adam was perfect, very good, and the chief representative of God's holiness among all the other sons of God. Adam was named after his responsibility of naming all the animals. Adam was the single keeper of Paradise. Paradise was God's meeting place on earth with the sons of God. Adam's family was the ruling family out of all the sons of God. That was their purpose. Why did Satan not tempt any other son of God on earth? Why go after the primary one?

I have compared this time with the future Millennial reign of Christ. Those resurrected at the start are not included as those consumed by fire after the 1,000 years. So all the sons of God created on day 6 would not have rebelled. Rebellion being the act of procreation with Adam's flesh and blood after the fall. The sons of God multiplied and filled the earth. It was the offspring who became corrupt. Obviously the original sons of God were taken off the earth. They held counsel with God, and probably still do. Why would that ever stop? Genesis was not written from the sons of God perspective. It was written from Adam's disobedience and fall from life into death perspective. It was part of the Law God gave to Moses. It was not some verbal account. Although Shem could easily have told Abraham directly as he was 100 years old at the time of the Flood, and knew the whole sordid account. He knew Abraham as Melchizedek in Salem, the place later named Jerusalem by king David. Even though Adam was punished with sin and death, God still used his direct descendants as priest and representatives of Paradise, that city in heaven, which Abraham trusted God about.

So to claim that sons of God are angels and take away humanities obligation of being God's representatives on earth leaves you where? Jesus was made a little lower than the angels, because humans are no longer sons of God in the image of God. All we have left is a soul from that image. Sons of God in the full image of God would be higher than the angels, who are not sons of God. Angels are only messengers and their chief message is as stars for signs and seasons in the night sky.

"And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: the stars also."

Because Christ came as the Second Adam, we can be restored to the full image of God as sons of God. Then we will shout for joy again on that day. The Second Coming is that day of restoration. 1 John 3:2-3

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure."

So you can call John wrong in stating humans are the sons of God. Adam was the human to blame why we are not fully the sons of God. It was his sinful dead corrupt offspring who corrupted those ancient sons of God, who were then destroyed in a Flood that destroyed that perfect world and gave us the current one groaning under the weight of sin. Those nephilim offspring did not make Adam's flesh and blood less sinful, it just gave them more physical ability at being physically bigger sinners. So instead of rotten apples, you got rotten watermelons.

Reactions: Ziggy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God created woman from Adam, they were already one flesh & thus married. It was as the first couple that sets the examples for all future marriages by God in joining male & female in becoming on flesh.

Mark 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Matthew 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Matthew 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

The emboldened words in that verse above means Joseph did not have sex with his wife until she brought forth her firstborn son, Jesus.

You can dance around that truth by going to other scriptures which cannot refute that truth, but she did not stay a virgin after giving birth to Jesus. She was a good wife to Joseph in building a family with him.

May the Lord help you see the truth in His words, but as it is, you can go to that other thread to continue this discussion but this is about who the sons of God are and they were the godly lineage of Seth that had replaced Abel.

two become one refers to children offspring

if she did not remain a virgin christ is not God?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those wicked males in Sodom did not know they were angels. They appeared in human form, not actually having any sexual ability to interact with those of Sodom. It was their eyes that betrayed them and the angels took away their sight. Then they took away their life and city. How is this any proof angels were mentioned in Genesis 6?

that is just a guess on your part!

Well I said I would not answer anymore. I fibbed. Believe what you wish. for you make assumptions based on left field reasoning.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The angels were not any more holy than good at creation:

“Not more holy than good”.......nonsensical statement.

"And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day."

From the beginning God has taught mankind with parallels, between what God is saying and what men Can See as a comparison.
Angels are not STARS, they are equated with STARS.

Jesus did not come as a holy angel.

The Word of God has been coming forth out of Gods mouth for thousands of years. It is not a mystery, HOW Gods word appeared to men, or WHAT Gods Word was called from the earliest days of mankind.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOOK AT THE CHART ABOVE. Adam had Seth and Cain of which both brothers are described in scripture as Seth representing the line of Jesus while Cain represents the line of Satin's people. The line of Seth is the line of "the Sons of God"while the line of Cain is "the daughters of men." As I see it.

Can you cite Scripture to defend this supposition?

so you are saying that no daughters of Cain (for that is what you say should be written) were godly women. also no sons of Cain were righteous?

Now we know 120 years after this portion of Genesis there were no sons of God for they were all unrighteous! Noah found grace in the eyes of God and HIm and His family only were saved.

by the time of Genesis 6 the whole earth was nearly wicked so the sons of God were near extinct! According to how you see it. but as it is written the sons of God stand out against the daughters of men. If it is so obvious the bene elohim are the sons of Seth, why did not God insure that it was written that way? But given that teh term angel does not appear on earth until Gen. 19 with Abraham and the bene Elohim are angels prior ot this in Job why not here? Why can we not say that the bene-Elohim in Job are sons of seth? That is your conclusion.

YOu have to allefgorize to get this reinterpretation. but a natural normal reading of this says that the sons of God had sex with human women ( no distinction in the bible is made between Seth and Cain- that is all assumed) so they produced unique offspring. NO where else are offspring described as they were in Genesis 6.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've already discussed this, and you've not shown yourself to be sufficiently knowledgeable of Greek to be able to pin down this point. For all I know, the term has a twist that uniquely fits in Gen 6 without contradicting the idea that it is humans being talked about--not angels.

Well I spent a year studying Greek and then personal study since then---how about you!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The use of the same form in another location which in context applies to angels does *not* prove it has the same definition and the same application to angels in Gen 6. That is totality transfer of a word meaning from one context to another.

Nor does it require a different meaning. Especially when one considers that in JOb and here, the term angel had not been used once to describe spirit beings.

so according to you may be Jesus didn't physically rise from the dead? After ana-stasis doesn't have to mean physical even though it means that in all other NT uses. that is such a silly argument.

And this is a misnomer and does not prove your case. This is based on an interpretive fallacy, as I've showed you.

Well when you show that those who defined what this :"interpretive fallacy" is and show how they are the final arbiters of this, then I will listen to this. But I suspect they have an agenda. Based on interpretive fallacy calling Jesus gGod does not make Him god for it does not always mean the divine God.

And good scholars argue from both sides. So unless you have more to add on this, quit using the argument. It is weak and now is getting repetitive.

Well I have not studied human wwisdom as much as you appeared to have. But when bene-elohim appears before Abraham spoke the word angel, and three of the four are unquestionably "angels" You need more than possibilites and maybes to show why we should not accept this passage as angels as well! that is occams razor!

YOu have to add loads of assumptions on your part (not Gods) to show how these are Seth/Cain and that the Nephilim/Gibborim/ and Sems are not unique beings as this is the only time offspring are dewscribed this way.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the beginning God has taught mankind with parallels, between what God is saying and what men Can See as a comparison.
Angels are not STARS, they are equated with STARS.
Or stars are not actually what the world teaches they are in public schools.

You are choosing human reasoning over God's Word.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brothers half brothers cousins or whatever you like but
not children of Mary

Poor Mary, can not defend herself against all the people (After her death,) declaring she was not a dutiful wife to lie with her husband.
Underhanded.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor does it require a different meaning. Especially when one considers that in JOb and here, the term angel had not been used once to describe spirit beings.

Can you imagine my arguing that "sons of God" in Gen 6 obviously refers to men and that therefore the same term in Job 1 must refer to men, as well? To me, it is as obvious that "sons of God" refers to men of faith in Gen 6 as it is obvious that "sons of God" refers to angels in Job 1.

The context determines the meaning. Even the predominant use of the term for *angels* does not determine its exclusive definition. You determine the meaning of a word from context, because a term does not always have the same meaning!

Why would Gen 6 use a kind of rare form of a term that more commonly refers to angels? If I was to speculate, I must suggest that it has nothing to do with class of person, such as man or angel, but rather, with a pure association with God as opposed to those who have departed from that association with God. As the angels left their first estate so the children of faith decided to abandon their pristine relationship with God to fraternize with the enemy.

Well when you show that those who defined what this :"interpretive fallacy" is and show how they are the final arbiters of this, then I will listen to this.

Look up "biblical fallacies" or "fallacies of biblical interpretation." It's a standard approach by scholars to biblical interpretation. It isn't a liberal approach, but a scholarly approach. It is the responsible approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.