The lies about gen 6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I spent a year studying Greek and then personal study since then---how about you!

I only had one class in Greek, but I look to my brother if I can't find the answers from my own resources, whether online or in my own library. My brother wouldn't say he's an expert either, but he has been working on translating the Bible from the original languages. And he listens to online Greek lessons regularly.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
That is true. Mary, a virgin did conceive of the miraculous seed implanted in Mary's womb. Mary then gave birth to one child at that time - not twins, triplets, quads, or females. Mary did name her single son's name Immanuel (which means "God with us.")Butthat does not even imply that it was the only child Mary gave birth to.
Perpetual Virginity of Mary!
Mark 10:6-9..."But from the beginning of creation, 'God made them male and female.''For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.' So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder."

"Be fruitful and multiply.
" God is not a God of contradiction.
Mary and Joseph are not exceptions. They became parents of other children.
brothers half brothers cousins or whatever you like but not children of Mary
theefaith, you must know this list below comes straight from God's word in scripture so why are you hiding from them?
Is it because you are afraid of being discommunicated and die in hell if you leave the Catholic church? People in my family have left the Catholic church trembling yet left because they saw the truth in God's Word. It is truly hard for someone to admit that they have been deceived for so long.

***********************************************************************************

Gal 1:19 - But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord's brother.
1Co 15:7 - Then he appeared to James, [the Lord's brother] then to all the apostles.

Mat 12:46-50...While he was still speaking to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, asking to speak to him. Some one told him, "Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, asking to speak to you." But he replied to the man who told him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, and sister, and mother."

Mar 3:31-35...And his mother and his brothers came; and standing outside they sent to him and called him. And a crowd was sitting about him; and they said to him, "Your mother and your brothers are outside, asking for you." And he replied, "Who are my mother and my brothers?" And looking around on those who sat about him, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does the will of God is my brother, and sister, and mother."

Luk 8:19-21 RSV - 19 Then his mother and his brothers came to [Jesus], but they could not reach him for the crowd. 20 And he was told, "Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, desiring to see you." 21 But he said to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

Mat 13:53-58..."And when Jesus had finished these parables, he went away from there, and coming to his own country he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, "Where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works? Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? And are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all this?" And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house." And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief.​

Mar 6:1- 4...He went away from there and came to his own country; and his disciples followed him. And on the sabbath he began to teach in the synagogue; and many who heard him were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get all this? What is the wisdom given to him? What mighty works are wrought by his hands! Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon, and are not his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him. And Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house."

Jhn 2:12..After this he went down to Caper'na-um, with his mother and his brothers and his disciples; and there they stayed for a few days.​

Jhn 7:3-5,10...So his brothers said to him, "Leave here and go to Judea, that your disciples may see the works you are doing. For no man works in secret if he seeks to be known openly. If you do these things, show yourself to the world." For even his brothers did not believe in him. 10)But after his brothers had gone up to the feast, then he also went up, not publicly but in private.​

Act 1:14...All these with one accord devoted themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.

1Co 9:5...Do we not have the right to be accompanied by a wife, as the other apostles and the brothers of the Lord and Cephas?​

Jude 1:1 Jde 1:1...Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and brother of James, To those who are called, beloved in God the Father and kept for Jesus Christ: [Note: The Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Commentary on who Jude is says this..." Similarly, Jude the brother of our Lord, and Jude the apostle, seem to be one and the same. Jerome [Against Helvidius], rightly maintains that by the Lord's brethren are meant his cousins, children of Mary and Cleophas (the same as Alphæus).

Mar 10:29- 30... Jesus said, "Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life.

Luk 14:26..."If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

Luk 18:29-30...And he said to them, "Truly, I say to you, there is no man who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, who will not receive manifold more in this time, and in the age to come eternal life."

WHY DOES JESUS REFER TO HIS MOTHER, HIS BROTHERS AND HIS SISTERS SO OFTEN IN THE MANNER IN WHICH HE DOES IN THE 3 VERSES ABOVE?

It is because Jesus is to be at the center of each believer in Christ --- even over their mother, their father, their spouses, their siblings or even the pastor of their church because we are all human and err. That was Adam's biggest fault, he put Eve over God and listened to her instead of adhering to what God had told him in the Garden.

Those verse are made to make a certain point. They are not to be taken literally.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
two become one refers to children offspring

if she did not remain a virgin christ is not God?

What need for Mary as a wife to remain a virgin after Christ was born? None.

What reason would Jacob get to know Mary intimately to have children? Because Mary is his wife.

Jacob & Mary having children as a married couple, does not affect how Jesus came about first as conceived by the Holy Ghost in the virgin Mary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moriah's Song

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Poor Mary, can not defend herself against all the people (After her death,) declaring she was not a dutiful wife to lie with her husband.
Underhanded.

why did not eve lie with Adam?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true. Mary, a virgin did conceive of the miraculous seed implanted in Mary's womb. Mary then gave birth to one child at that time - not twins, triplets, quads, or females. Mary did name her single son's name Immanuel (which means "God with us.")Butthat does not even imply that it was the only child Mary gave birth to.Mark 10:6-9..."But from the beginning of creation, 'God made them male and female.''For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.' So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder."

"Be fruitful and multiply.
" God is not a God of contradiction.
Mary and Joseph are not exceptions. They became parents of other children.theefaith, you must know this list below comes straight from God's word in scripture so why are you hiding from them?
Is it because you are afraid of being discommunicated and die in hell if you leave the Catholic church? People in my family have left the Catholic church trembling yet left because they saw the truth in God's Word. It is truly hard for someone to admit that they have been deceived for so long.

***********************************************************************************

Gal 1:19 - But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord's brother.
1Co 15:7 - Then he appeared to James, [the Lord's brother] then to all the apostles.

Mat 12:46-50...While he was still speaking to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, asking to speak to him. Some one told him, "Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, asking to speak to you." But he replied to the man who told him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, and sister, and mother."

Mar 3:31-35...And his mother and his brothers came; and standing outside they sent to him and called him. And a crowd was sitting about him; and they said to him, "Your mother and your brothers are outside, asking for you." And he replied, "Who are my mother and my brothers?" And looking around on those who sat about him, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does the will of God is my brother, and sister, and mother."

Luk 8:19-21 RSV - 19 Then his mother and his brothers came to [Jesus], but they could not reach him for the crowd. 20 And he was told, "Your mother and your brothers are standing outside, desiring to see you." 21 But he said to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

Mat 13:53-58..."And when Jesus had finished these parables, he went away from there, and coming to his own country he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, "Where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works? Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? And are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all this?" And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house." And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief.​

Mar 6:1- 4...He went away from there and came to his own country; and his disciples followed him. And on the sabbath he began to teach in the synagogue; and many who heard him were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get all this? What is the wisdom given to him? What mighty works are wrought by his hands! Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon, and are not his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him. And Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house."

Jhn 2:12..After this he went down to Caper'na-um, with his mother and his brothers and his disciples; and there they stayed for a few days.​

Jhn 7:3-5,10...So his brothers said to him, "Leave here and go to Judea, that your disciples may see the works you are doing. For no man works in secret if he seeks to be known openly. If you do these things, show yourself to the world." For even his brothers did not believe in him. 10)But after his brothers had gone up to the feast, then he also went up, not publicly but in private.​

Act 1:14...All these with one accord devoted themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.

1Co 9:5...Do we not have the right to be accompanied by a wife, as the other apostles and the brothers of the Lord and Cephas?​

Jude 1:1 Jde 1:1...Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and brother of James, To those who are called, beloved in God the Father and kept for Jesus Christ: [Note: The Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Commentary on who Jude is says this..." Similarly, Jude the brother of our Lord, and Jude the apostle, seem to be one and the same. Jerome [Against Helvidius], rightly maintains that by the Lord's brethren are meant his cousins, children of Mary and Cleophas (the same as Alphæus).

Mar 10:29- 30... Jesus said, "Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life.

Luk 14:26..."If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

Luk 18:29-30...And he said to them, "Truly, I say to you, there is no man who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, who will not receive manifold more in this time, and in the age to come eternal life."

WHY DOES JESUS REFER TO HIS MOTHER, HIS BROTHERS AND HIS SISTERS SO OFTEN IN THE MANNER IN WHICH HE DOES IN THE 3 VERSES ABOVE?

It is because Jesus is to be at the center of each believer in Christ --- even over their mother, their father, their spouses, their siblings or even the pastor of their church because we are all human and err. That was Adam's biggest fault, he put Eve over God and listened to her instead of adhering to what God had told him in the Garden.

Those verse are made to make a certain point. They are not to be taken literally.

Still does not make them children of mary

the twelve sons of Jacob are all brothers but have 4 different mothers

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What need for Mary as a wife to remain a virgin after Christ was born? None.

What reason would Jacob get to know Mary intimately to have children? Because Mary is his wife.

Jacob & Mary having children as a married couple, does not affect how Jesus came about first as conceived by the Holy Ghost in the virgin Mary.

Biblical principle:
Anything Consecrated to God must be pure and used only for the purpose of serving God!

See exodus: the ark of the covenant, everything used in the temple etc.

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

So Joseph cannot enter in where the Holy Spirit has entered!

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

(Mary had become the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

Isa 66:9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

Mary and her virginity are Consecrated to God in immaculate purity, the pure gold of divine love!

Mary was the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone!

Can a man use the ark of the covenant for a common dinner table?

Then Joseph can in no any way use Mary for a common wife!

No mere man may enter where God conceived! Ez 44:2

Mary would not consent to God’s will and to receive the exalted dignity of the mother of God if it means violating her vow of perpetual virginity then why simply consent relations with Joseph!

That’s impossible!

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

(This verse imply’s that Mary is consecrated to God alone! and has taken a vow of perpetual virginity! She was s willing to refuse even the exalted dignity of mother of God, the mother of our savior, and mother of all Christians if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“Why did NOT eve lie with Adam?” LOL.... you will have to answer your own question since it is apparently your belief eve did NOT lie with Adam.

Not my belief.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if she did not remain a virgin christ is not God?
To which I replied...."Whooooah there! I strongly suggest you re-think that statement as it does not appear that you are quoting someone else.
You then proceeded to post this verse in Isaiah again which says...

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, a young woman shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Imman'u-el."

Now theefaith, please tell me how it is that you cannot see that the prophesy clearly indicates that "a son" can mean "no children could possibly be born to Mary AFTER that son Jesus/Emmanuel was delivered by Mary?

How is it that you still deny this verse that indicates Mary was free to have other children....

Mat 1:25...but knew her not until she had borne a son; and he called his name Jesus.

Why do you still deny this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Eve did not have sex with Adam, how did Cain and Abel get born. And how did Seth and "the other sons and daughters" of Adam and Eve get born? If you believe what you posted, how do you explain how we all got here on this website trying to answer questions like this??

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It baffles me that you can read all those verses I (and others) have listed and still hold onto the "traditions" of the Catholic church over the words of Christ Jesus and the Epistles.

still does not make them Mary’s children

here is a scripture for you matt 16:18-19 matt 18:18 what the church binds in earth is bound in heaven

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It baffles me that you can read all those verses I (and others) have listed and still hold onto the "traditions" of the Catholic church over the words of Christ Jesus and the Epistles.

james the brother of the Lord
All disciples are brothers of the the Lord and therefore spiritual children of Mary

Go read matt 10:2 James is not the sin of Joseph

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Why did NOT eve lie with Adam?” LOL.... you will have to answer your own question since it is apparently your belief eve did NOT lie with Adam.

Not my belief.

not in the garden but they were married!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To which I replied...."Whooooah there! I strongly suggest you re-think that statement as it does not appear that you are quoting someone else.
You then proceeded to post this verse in Isaiah again which says...

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, a young woman shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Imman'u-el."

Now theefaith, please tell me how it is that you cannot see that the prophesy clearly indicates that "a son" can mean "no children could possibly be born to Mary AFTER that son Jesus/Emmanuel was delivered by Mary?

How is it that you still deny this verse that indicates Mary was free to have other children....

Mat 1:25...but knew her not until she had borne a son; and he called his name Jesus.

Why do you still deny this?

that verse only states what happened up till that time and does not indicate any thing after that

only God can be born of a virgin mother
A virgin consecrated to God’s service perpetually

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical principle:
Anything Consecrated to God must be pure and used only for the purpose of serving God!

See exodus: the ark of the covenant, everything used in the temple etc.

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

So Joseph cannot enter in where the Holy Spirit has entered!

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

(Mary had become the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

Isa 66:9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

Mary and her virginity are Consecrated to God in immaculate purity, the pure gold of divine love!

Mary was the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone!

You are forgetting the truth that Joseph waited until the birth of Jesus before he knew her intimately as his wife so all the argument above is render moot.

Matthew 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

Can a man use the ark of the covenant for a common dinner table?

Then Joseph can in no any way use Mary for a common wife!

No mere man may enter where God conceived! Ez 44:2

Mary would not consent to God’s will and to receive the exalted dignity of the mother of God if it means violating her vow of perpetual virginity then why simply consent relations with Joseph!

That’s impossible!

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

(This verse imply’s that Mary is consecrated to God alone! and has taken a vow of perpetual virginity! She was s willing to refuse even the exalted dignity of mother of God, the mother of our savior, and mother of all Christians if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

If God wanted Mary to remain a virgin after the birth of Jesus Christ, God would not have joined Joseph to Mary to be his wife.

Matthew 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Eve did not have sex with Adam, how did Cain and Abel get born. And how did Seth and "the other sons and daughters" of Adam and Eve get born? If you believe what you posted, how do you explain how we all got here on this website trying to answer questions like this??

read carefully

the were married in the garden but did not have sex in the garden
Marriage does not require sex

Status
Not open for further replies.