The lies about gen 6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
7:1
The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation

7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith

5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

Yes of course Noah and his family went into the ark but as the verse you showed said God said “because I have found you (Noah) righteous.” Not because your family is righteous.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes of course Noah and his family went into the ark but as the verse you showed said God said “because I have found you (Noah) righteous.” Not because your family is righteous.

Stop with the strawman fallacies. I said, "he and his family found favor from the Lord". I didn't say the family was said to be righteous.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Name me the Babylonian human king who fell from heaven.
Belshazzar, but some think Nebuchadnezzar. Now do me a favor and look at Isaiah 14:4

One commentator says:
How art thou fallen from heaven,.... This is not to be understood of the fall of Satan,…
but the words are a continuation of the speech of the dead to the king of Babylon, wondering at it, as a thing almost incredible, that he who seemed to be so established on the throne of his kingdom, which was his heaven, that he should be deposed or fall from it.

Now you think I’m wrong. Then he’s wrong too and the 50+ others as well. It’s weird they all see it and you do not. I wonder why that is…

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Arba was Father of the Nephilim, and he was a man not an Angel.

Numbers 13:33
There we saw the Nephilim (the Anakim are from the Nephilim); in our own eyes we seemed like mere grasshoppers, and so we must have seemed to them.”

Joshua 14:15
Now the name of Hebron was previously Kiriath-arba; for Arba was the greatest man among the Anakim. Then the land was at rest from war.

Joshua 15:13
Now he gave to Caleb the son of Jephunneh a portion among the sons of Judah, in accordance with the command of the Lord to Joshua, namely, Kiriath-arba, Arba being the father of Anak (that is, Hebron).

Reactions: No Pre-TB

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arba was Father of the Nephilim, and he was a man not an Angel.

An angel is a man, just not a human man. Humans mating do not create giants like once lived on the planet.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stop with the strawman fallacies. I said, "he and his family found favor from the Lord". I didn't say the family was said to be righteous.

I didn’t say that you said that I said that the verse you quoted said that.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure you read those scriptures I posted.
What problem are you having with them?

They don't say what you are claiming. The other issue is that you don't know angels are men.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They don't say what you are claiming. The other issue is that you don't know angels are men.
What are they saying then?
If Arba was an Angel a different word would be used, Malak ,but human being was used Adam.

Man is a little lower than the Angels, even Jesus as a man.
Angels are servants to the heirs of salvation
Heb chap 1 and 2.

Reactions: Marty fox

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Arba was an Angel a different word would be used, Malak ,but human being was used Adam.

Arba is irrelevant to this discussion. The Sons of God in Gen 6 are angels. Their children were giants.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald Nolette

Jerome translated the text and formed what’s called the Latin Vulgate. In it, 4 times the word “lucifer” is used. Only the KJV has kept the Latin word “lucifer”, and capitalized it making it appear as a proper name. Let’s compare all passages in the Vulgate, English to Vulgate.

1. Isaiah 14:12
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

Quomodo cecidisti de cælo, lucifer, qui mane oriebaris ? corruisti in terram, qui vulnerabas gentes ?

2. Job 11:17
Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning.

Et quasi meridianus fulgor consurget tibi ad vesperam ; et cum te consumptum putaveris, orieris ut lucifer.

3. 2 Peter 1:19
We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem : cui benefacitis attendentes quasi lucernæ lucenti in caliginoso donec dies elucescat, et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestris

4. Psalm 110:3
Your troops will be willing on your day of battle. Arrayed in holy splendor, your young men will come to you like dew from the morning’s womb.

Tecum principium in die virtutis tuæ in splendoribus sanctorum : ex utero, ante luciferum, genui te.

5. Job 38:32
Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons or lead out the Bear with its cubs?

Numquid producis luciferum in tempore suo, et vesperum super filios terræ consurgere facis ?

The word “lucifer” is not a proper name as shown. It simply means day star, morning star, shining one. In the case of Job 38, Jerome used it to define many bright stars because there was no word for it. The KJV uses Mazzaroth, the same principle from “lucifer”.

Reactions: covenantee

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Arba is irrelevant to this discussion. The Sons of God in Gen 6 are angels. Their children were giants.

Do you have any scriptures to back up your opinion?
All I did was type in Nephilim to a bible search engine and found support for the opposite.

Numbers 13:33
There we saw the Nephilim (the Anakim are from the Nephilim); in our own eyes we seemed like mere grasshoppers, and so we must have seemed to them.”

Joshua 14:15
Now the name of Hebron was previously Kiriath-arba; for Arba was the greatest man among the Anakim. Then the land was at rest from war.

Joshua 15:13
Now he gave to Caleb the son of Jephunneh a portion among the sons of Judah, in accordance with the command of the Lord to Joshua, namely, Kiriath-arba, Arba being the father of Anak (that is, Hebron).

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belshazzar, but some think Nebuchadnezzar. Now do me a favor and look at Isaiah 14:4

One commentator says:
How art thou fallen from heaven,.... This is not to be understood of the fall of Satan,…
but the words are a continuation of the speech of the dead to the king of Babylon, wondering at it, as a thing almost incredible, that he who seemed to be so established on the throne of his kingdom, which was his heaven, that he should be deposed or fall from it.

Now you think I’m wrong. Then he’s wrong too and the 50+ others as well. It’s weird they all see it and you do not. I wonder why that is…

Well give me teh names of the 50+ others. If you know there are that many, you must be able to rustle up their names to check up on them.

I can give you commentaries that ascribe Lucifer as Satan. Both mean nothing for no commentator is infallible unless they are quoting Scripture accurately.

So you contend that either Belshazzar or Nebuchadnezzar were in heaven at one time and fell from heaven?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerome translated the text and formed what’s called the Latin Vulgate. In it, 4 times the word “lucifer” is used. Only the KJV has kept the Latin word “lucifer”, and capitalized it making it appear as a proper name. Let’s compare all passages in the Vulgate, English to Vulgate.

1. Isaiah 14:12
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

Quomodo cecidisti de cælo, lucifer, qui mane oriebaris ? corruisti in terram, qui vulnerabas gentes ?

2. Job 11:17
Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning.

Et quasi meridianus fulgor consurget tibi ad vesperam ; et cum te consumptum putaveris, orieris ut lucifer.

3. 2 Peter 1:19
We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem : cui benefacitis attendentes quasi lucernæ lucenti in caliginoso donec dies elucescat, et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestris

4. Psalm 110:3
Your troops will be willing on your day of battle. Arrayed in holy splendor, your young men will come to you like dew from the morning’s womb.

Tecum principium in die virtutis tuæ in splendoribus sanctorum : ex utero, ante luciferum, genui te.

5. Job 38:32
Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons or lead out the Bear with its cubs?

Numquid producis luciferum in tempore suo, et vesperum super filios terræ consurgere facis ?

The word “lucifer” is not a proper name as shown. It simply means day star, morning star, shining one. In the case of Job 38, Jerome used it to define many bright stars because there was no word for it. The KJV uses Mazzaroth, the same principle from “lucifer”.

So I guess you also must believe most people in teh bible, the names are not real names.

Abraham means Father of many.
Sarah means laughter
Adam means ground

Jesus (Jehoshua) means god saves

That is an argument that is contrived you present.

From Ez. 28

12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Do you also believe teh King of Tyrus was also in heaven and at one time was the anointed cherub?

BTW taking a translation is lousy defense to try to prove a point.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All of them. In the OT Sons of God are always angels.

Genealogy of Jesus
23 When He began His ministry, Jesus Himself was about thirty years old, being, as was commonly held, the son of Joseph, the son of Eli, 24 the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Melchi, the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph, 25 the son of Mattathias, the son of Amos, the son of Nahum, the son of Hesli, the son of Naggai, 26 the son of Maath, the son of Mattathias, the son of Semein, the son of Josech, the son of Joda, 27 the son of Joanan, the son of Rhesa, the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel, the son of Neri, 28 the son of Melchi, the son of Addi, the son of Cosam, the son of Elmadam, the son of Er, 29 the son of Joshua, the son of Eliezer, the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, 30 the son of Simeon, the son of Judah, the son of Joseph, the son of Jonam, the son of Eliakim, 31 the son of Melea, the son of Menna, the son of Mattatha, the son of Nathan, the son of David, 32 the son of Jesse, the son of Obed, the son of Boaz, the son of Salmon, the son of Nahshon, 33 the son of Amminadab, the son of Admin, the son of Ram, the son of Hezron, the son of Perez, the son of Judah, 34 the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham, the son of Terah, the son of Nahor, 35 the son of Serug, the son of Reu, the son of Peleg, the son of Heber, the son of Shelah, 36 the son of Cainan, the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem, the son of Noah, the son of Lamech, 37 the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch, the son of Jared, the son of Mahalaleel, the son of Cainan, 38 the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.