The lies about gen 6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain and Abel both spoke to God, certainly not from some kind of darkness.
and in garden of Eden, where else was God but the garden
Cain and Abel were born before Adam disobeyed God. Abel never physically left the Garden of Eden. His blood cries out from the ground of Paradise. Unless you think Abel is still dead in heaven? Cain was banned from the Garden as well, and had to leave God's presence. Cain did not directly disobey God like Adam did. Cain just refused God's wisdom, and took the law into his own hands.

Reactions: BeyondET

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is written that Adam and Eve were to remain silent about a creator God to their children, that's what I'm saying about some of things you say. No way Seth was ignorant of God.
So now you are claiming Seth willingly refused to call out to God, since it was Enos who was the first to call out to God.

When the Gentiles were in spiritual darkness, before the Gospel came, were they ignorant of God, or were their attempts to define God absolute truth? Is understanding the concept of God, the same as knowing God?

Do you think telling their children that God kicked them out of Paradise, and now they were all dead sinners was easy for them? Seth was easily born at least 100 years after they were banned from God's presence. I never claimed they were not happy when Seth was born. I am saying Seth was born into a world where God was hidden from his parents.

Seth was the first person to be born a sinner. Are you saying babies know all about God, but loose that knowledge as the grow older? Seth was not born into a smorgasbord of religion. There were the sons of God all over the earth. His parents were banned from God's presence. He was the pioneer in the field of being born as the first sinner on earth. Not sure why people don't ever point these facts out.

Many claim Seth was a godly line. Seth was the first human to be born a sinner. Seth was not a son of God. Seth was born in Adam's dead corruptible image, now the standard of what is means to be human.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tim I not quite follow. You state the Sons of God were not sinners by birth until they had sinful offspring. You be referring to the angels there ? If so what about the angelic rebellion in heaven. Would they not have inherited sin in their rebellion with Lucifer. You than go on to to say ( But these offspring were causing corruption in the spiritual aspect of who they were. I’m guessing that your referring to the angelic-human offspring that were born here. You than go on to say ( that each generation born and became worse and worse. And not all those created on the 6th day did that ) Well only Adam and Eve along with the cattle, beasts and every creeping thing on the 6th day were created. Tim who are the others that were created on the 6th day that you mention ? You might have to explain to me more
The sons of God are not angels. The sons of God were created on the 6th day to populate and rule the earth.

Angels were created on the 4th day referred to always as stars in the firmament. That was their job. When Satan rebelled, those angels who followed him were instantly bound in chains of darkness, and will be let loose at the 5th Trumpet in Revelation 9.

Eve was not created on the 6th day. The 6th day was only 24 hours. God planted the Garden of Eden after the Sabbath Day of the Lord. Adam had not yet named the animals nor slept on the day he was created. Adam was placed in the Garden after the Sabbath. The 6th day was not a 1,000 year period nor had a gap of time. It was only 24 hours. The Sabbath was not 24 hours. It was a Day of the Lord.

Angels and humans do not produce offspring. Angels don't have offspring. Their job is to be the stars in the firmament. They are physical lights in the sky. Sometimes they are sent to earth with a message, and appear human. Appearing in their natural form as bright lights would give them away. It would also blind people. Saul was blinded by a bright light.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still don’t get it. Poetic language doesn’t mean the King actually went into God’s throne. Heaven is the sky and the idea is, if you read anything I posted, the king, as a bright star which hangs in the heavens and is elevated above all on the earth is the idea. Those who lift themselves up will be cast down.

How did the horn in Daniel 8:10 cast stars to the ground? How did he go to heaven to do it? According to you, it isn’t possible.

According to me it is possible but it takes a knowledge of hermeneutics to know this kind of stuff.

As for you you join otrhers with fanciful reinterpretations. Why should I believe yours more than other that I disagree with their reinterpretations?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though I do find day six when man and woman was created a bit puzzling. Adam named the animals couldn't find a suitable helper then during his sleep he woke up on day seven with a wife huh...
God rested on day 7. That started in the evening before Adam was asleep. Nothing happened to Adam on day 6, or his day 7. He probably had some interesting conversations with all the other sons of God, on their theory of creation.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have given you all the proof and thouroughly debunked your concept of these sons of God being another branch of humanity that is not related to Adam and Eve.
Another branch?

The sons of God were the majority population for thousands of years prior to the Flood.

Adam and Eve and their offspring was the fallen branch of humanity plucked out and left to the side until the Flood came, and then Noah was the branch that we have of all Gentiles today. Including the Gentile Jacob who was changed to the branch called Israel.

You have given wrong opinions. But not one verse declaring angels are the sons of God. Speculation is not proof. You have hardly given an original opinion. What you claim has been corruption for thousands of years handed down from generation to generation.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe, but it makes more sense than to say teh sons of God are a second whole branch of humanity apart from adam and eve.

At least I have the evidence of Philippians 2 where jesus emptied himself and took on a human body.
I never said the sons of God were a separate branch. The sons of God were created on the 6th day, the only branch.

Jesus was never an angel.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to me it is possible but it takes a knowledge of hermeneutics to know this kind of stuff.

As for you you join otrhers with fanciful reinterpretations. Why should I believe yours more than other that I disagree with their reinterpretations?
That is why I posted not just my own, but others thoughts too. And you didn’t answer,

How did the horn in Daniel 8:10 cast stars to the ground? How did he go to heaven to do it? According to you, it isn’t possible.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the early date of the Babylonian culture, which reached back as far as the grey twilight of primeval times, and also because of its predominant astrological character.
Mixing in mythological human understanding does not help one's point. Is this a biblical context?

Is it talking about a literal human king or the actual prince of the spiritual reality? Paul declares we wrestle not against flesh and blood, a human king, but against spiritual powers in high places. The physical king may have repented, but the spiritual being whom he represented would never repent and turn back to God. Daniel mentioned this spiritual battle with Michael, an archangel, and this spiritual prince who represented the earthly Babylon.

The Bible clearly points out the descendants of Noah. No such thing as the primeval twilight zone.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW! I can't wait to see your biblical evidence for this!

So human spirits can possess other people? You do know that is a teaching of spiritism and not the bible don't you? Madame Blavatsky and Pike and Alister Crowley would love to hear you say that. God? I don't think so.
Read 1 Kings 22 and get back to me on how spirits cannot possess or influence people. Even Jesus cast out demons. They are spirits not angels.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said the sons of God were a separate branch. The sons of God were created on the 6th day, the only branch.

Jesus was never an angel.

Only 2 people were created on the 6th day! Adam and Eve!

Teh only way we can understand what is written is by looking at what is written!

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

If male and female were plural I would agree with you, but they are singular. So the "them" refers to the single male (Adam) and teh single female(Eve) God maqde.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why I posted not just my own, but others thoughts too. And you didn’t answer,

Simple that little horn did not.

What you are reading is the prophecy of Greece overcoming the Medeo-Persian empire than a blast to the future to describe the antichrist

For the great horn on the goat was alexander, and after His death came the division of the Grecian empire to four kingdoms.

Many say th elittle horn out of them is Antioches Epiphenes and that could be.

But nowhere does it say the little horn started in heaven and came down like you contend the king of Babylon did- or even does it look like the allegorical spin yo give to Is. 14.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read 1 Kings 22 and get back to me on how spirits cannot possess or influence people. Even Jesus cast out demons. They are spirits not angels.

Fallen spirits. that fell with Satans rebellion!

Nowhere does it say they are the disemodied souls of humans. For how can a human spirit ascend to heaven and flow to earth if they are lost?

But we have inJob-

Job 1:6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

Job 2:1
Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

Job 38:7
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

as for demons being fallen?

James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Transliteration
daimonion δαίμων (G1142)
Greek Inflections of δαιμόνιον [?]
mGNT
63x in 5 unique form(s) TR
60x in 6 unique form(s) LXX
7x in 3 unique form(s)
δαιμόνια — 32x
δαιμονίοις — 1x
Δαιμόνιον — 4x
δαιμόνιον — 11x
δαιμονίου — 3x
δαιμονίων — 9x
Dictionary Aids
Vine's Expository Dictionary: devil (59x), god (1x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. the divine power, deity, divinity

2. a spirit, a being inferior to God, superior to men

3. evil spirits or the messengers and ministers of the devil
devils= demons.

and as angels being spirits (including fallen ones)

7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Grammar and historical understanding are against you.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple that little horn did not.

What you are reading is the prophecy of Greece overcoming the Medeo-Persian empire than a blast to the future to describe the antichrist

For the great horn on the goat was alexander, and after His death came the division of the Grecian empire to four kingdoms.

Many say th elittle horn out of them is Antioches Epiphenes and that could be.

But nowhere does it say the little horn started in heaven and came down like you contend the king of Babylon did- or even does it look like the allegorical spin yo give to Is. 14.
Ok, I’ll post it:

And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

So, how did the horn cast the host and stars of heaven to the ground? In order for him to cast something in heaven down, could he do it from the earth? Really, accept it. You’re confused and have zero rebuttal. You can reply all you want but cannot rebuke scripture. The horn casted down those who were in heaven to the ground. Stars fell. The horn caused their falling. The horn is a man. How does a man cause stars to fall from heaven? If you cannot understand that, you cannot understand Revelation the way it’s meant to be understood. You are truly looking into a dark glass and refuse truth staring you right in the face.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only 2 people were created on the 6th day! Adam and Eve!

Teh only way we can understand what is written is by looking at what is written!

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

If male and female were plural I would agree with you, but they are singular. So the "them" refers to the single male (Adam) and teh single female(Eve) God maqde.
Your interpretation contradicts other Scripture found in the next chapter.

Eve was not created at all. Eve was taken out of Adam after the Sabbath Day.

The sons of God were created on day six. Perhaps they all were male and female. Eve was taken out of a son of God. What does that mean to you? They were in the same physical body, until separated.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere does it say they are the disemodied souls of humans. For how can a human spirit ascend to heaven and flow to earth if they are lost?
Did I say disembodied souls? No I did not. Do you not know the difference between the Trinity of soul, body, and spirit?

Those created on the 6th day presented themselves before God in Job. They preside over the earth.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are still trying to project current nature under the bondage of sin, back onto the week of creation. God's creation does not work that way.
Nothing is mentioned about anything living for ever in the physical and actually God wouldn't have allowed it including animals and plants. Certainly least man eat from the tree of life and live for ever physically. Later limited to about 120.
They could of been for thousand of years old today to millions or billions if not for that issue in the garden.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain and Abel were born before Adam disobeyed God. Abel never physically left the Garden of Eden. His blood cries out from the ground of Paradise. Unless you think Abel is still dead in heaven? Cain was banned from the Garden as well, and had to leave God's presence. Cain did not directly disobey God like Adam did. Cain just refused God's wisdom, and took the law into his own hands.
I agree with most of what you said. mo death came through Cain and sin came through Adam thus all man was effected.
Cain was certainly punished for what he did, wasn't going to allow the parents remaining son to be killed also.

Genesis chapters 1,2,4,3,5,6 don't move verse 25 n 26 of chapter 4 just read all of 3 with those verses. the days are like that to plants don't grow without sun light. days 1,2,4,3,5,6

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think Eve didn't take the statement to kindly, not even touch the fruit, hmm lucky for Lamech the plan didn't happen

Genesis 4
22And Zillah gave birth to Tubal-cain, a forger of every implement of bronze and iron. And the sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah.

23Then Lamech said to his wives: “Adah and Zillah, hear my voice; wives of Lamech, listen to my speech.
For I have slain a man for wounding me, a young man for striking me.

24If Cain is avenged sevenfold, then Lamech seventy-sevenfold.”

Genesis 3
1Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field that the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden?’ ”

2The woman answered the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden, 3but about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You must not eat of it or touch it, or you will die.’ ”

Status
Not open for further replies.