The lies about gen 6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God rested on day 7. That started in the evening before Adam was asleep. Nothing happened to Adam on day 6, or his day 7. He probably had some interesting conversations with all the other sons of God, on their theory of creation.
sons of God hmm, well God helped with the birth of Cain and Abel thus wasn't painful. Certainly can't tell a woman her pain will increase in child birth if she never knew what the feeling was of giving birth. After with Seth every woman is born with all the seeds she will ever use couple million.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now you are claiming Seth willingly refused to call out to God, since it was Enos who was the first to call out to God.

When the Gentiles were in spiritual darkness, before the Gospel came, were they ignorant of God, or were their attempts to define God absolute truth? Is understanding the concept of God, the same as knowing God?

Do you think telling their children that God kicked them out of Paradise, and now they were all dead sinners was easy for them? Seth was easily born at least 100 years after they were banned from God's presence. I never claimed they were not happy when Seth was born. I am saying Seth was born into a world where God was hidden from his parents.

Seth was the first person to be born a sinner. Are you saying babies know all about God, but loose that knowledge as the grow older? Seth was not born into a smorgasbord of religion. There were the sons of God all over the earth. His parents were banned from God's presence. He was the pioneer in the field of being born as the first sinner on earth. Not sure why people don't ever point these facts out.

Many claim Seth was a godly line. Seth was the first human to be born a sinner. Seth was not a son of God. Seth was born in Adam's dead corruptible image, now the standard of what is means to be human.
Eve was grieved about Abel to say God was hidden from the parents is incorrect. God had granted them another seed in place of Adel a son of God who died in the field. the seed would be of Adam's likeness and image, meaning the birth was painful and every woman after the natural.

Genesis 4:25
And Adam again had relations with his wife, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth, saying, “God has granted me another seed in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.”

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing is mentioned about anything living for ever in the physical and actually God wouldn't have allowed it including animals and plants. Certainly least man eat from the tree of life and live for ever physically. Later limited to about 120.
They could of been for thousand of years old today to millions or billions if not for that issue in the garden.
We will never know if your scenario would have happened.

I never said life was supposed to be forever. Adam made his choice, and we will never know how it might have been.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I’ll post it:

And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

So, how did the horn cast the host and stars of heaven to the ground? In order for him to cast something in heaven down, could he do it from the earth? Really, accept it. You’re confused and have zero rebuttal. You can reply all you want but cannot rebuke scripture. The horn casted down those who were in heaven to the ground. Stars fell. The horn caused their falling. The horn is a man. How does a man cause stars to fall from heaven? If you cannot understand that, you cannot understand Revelation the way it’s meant to be understood. You are truly looking into a dark glass and refuse truth staring you right in the face.

Well right now I have zero rebuttal for I am moving and I packed all my notes away.

I do not wish to post things I do not have full memory of and get stuff confused or plain wrong.

Daniel 8
King James Version

8 In the third year of the reign of king Belshazzar a vision appeared unto me, even unto me Daniel, after that which appeared unto me at the first.

2 And I saw in a vision; and it came to pass, when I saw, that I was at Shushan in the palace, which is in the province of Elam; and I saw in a vision, and I was by the river of Ulai.

3 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.

4 I saw the ram pushing westward, and northward, and southward; so that no beasts might stand before him, neither was there any that could deliver out of his hand; but he did according to his will, and became great.

5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

6 And he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing before the river, and ran unto him in the fury of his power.

7 And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with choler against him, and smote the ram, and brake his two horns: and there was no power in the ram to stand before him, but he cast him down to the ground, and stamped upon him: and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand.

8 Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven.

9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of the sanctuary was cast down.

But these are the historical facts

1. the Ram with one horn bigger is the Medeo /Persian Empire.
2. the He goat is Greece with the notable horn being Alexander the great
3. Alexander overthrew the Medeo/Persian Empire.
4. Once the horn was broken (Alexander died) the empire was broken in to four.
5. The little horn that came out of the four was Antiochus IV Epiphenes from the Seleucid dynasty.
6. He was the prototype for the antichristr.
&. He sacrificed a pig on the altar and put grecian symbols in the temple as well as barbarous acts against Jews.
7. I will have to get back to you the casting down of the stars and host.
8. He defied Yahweh and stood in opposition to Him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your interpretation contradicts other Scripture found in the next chapter.

Eve was not created at all. Eve was taken out of Adam after the Sabbath Day.

The sons of God were created on day six. Perhaps they all were male and female. Eve was taken out of a son of God. What does that mean to you? They were in the same physical body, until separated.

Straining at gnats you are.

And your error is that you think Genesis 2 is after the Sabbath when most of it is not.

Male and female in Chapter one are singular not plural so god made one male and one female! How He made the female is described in chapter 2. Your reading skills are horrendous.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I say disembodied souls? No I did not. Do you not know the difference between the Trinity of soul, body, and spirit?

Those created on the 6th day presented themselves before God in Job. They preside over the earth.

So they went up to heaven then according to you?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Straining at gnats you are.

And your error is that you think Genesis 2 is after the Sabbath when most of it is not.

Male and female in Chapter one are singular not plural so god made one male and one female! How He made the female is described in chapter 2. Your reading skills are horrendous.
Since the first half of Genesis 2 is the Sabbath, every thing after would be after. I don't think Adam was a separate creation, but Adam named the animals after the Sabbath, even though he was created on the 6th day.

So they went up to heaven then according to you?
So did Paradise. Obviously those created on the 6th day and others were not destroyed in the Flood, and neither was the Garden, Paradise. Genesis 6 does not say every son of God. It just says the sons of God. The offspring of those created on the 6th day procreated with Adam's fallen offspring.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the first half of Genesis 2 is the Sabbath, every thing after would be after. I don't think Adam was a separate creation, but Adam named the animals after the Sabbath, even though he was created on the 6th day.

So did Paradise. Obviously those created on the 6th day and others were not destroyed in the Flood, and neither was the Garden, Paradise. Genesis 6 does not say every son of God. It just says the sons of God. The offspring of those created on the 6th day procreated with Adam's fallen offspring.

Wrong. god rested on the at first seventh day! It wasn't called the Sabbath until the law was given to Moses!

Well if I am to take God at His Word. God created man and woman singular on the sixth day. He did not create a clan. God knows enough about grammar where male and female would have been written in the plural if He created a group! Why should I take you at your word if you can't take God at His Word.??

Reactions: Prim

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Tim I not quite follow. You state the Sons of God were not sinners by birth until they had sinful offspring. You be referring to the angels there ? If so what about the angelic rebellion in heaven. Would they not have inherited sin in their rebellion with Lucifer. You than go on to to say ( But these offspring were causing corruption in the spiritual aspect of who they were. I’m guessing that your referring to the angelic-human offspring that were born here. You than go on to say ( that each generation born and became worse and worse. And not all those created on the 6th day did that ) Well only Adam and Eve along with the cattle, beasts and every creeping thing on the 6th day were created. Tim who are the others that were created on the 6th day that you mention ? You might have to explain to me more
Hi @Prim Ephesians 2 says we are by nature 'dead in trespasses and sins'.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong. god rested on the at first seventh day! It wasn't called the Sabbath until the law was given to Moses!

Well if I am to take God at His Word. God created man and woman singular on the sixth day. He did not create a clan. God knows enough about grammar where male and female would have been written in the plural if He created a group! Why should I take you at your word if you can't take God at His Word.??
I do. I guess I accept more of God's Word than you do. "Them" can mean more than two.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do. I guess I accept more of God's Word than you do. "Them" can mean more than two.

No you do not believe more than I do.
Yes it is true that "them can mean anywhere from 2 to a ggogleplex of people or things or places. What we need to see if the context defines how many makes that "them. And Genesis 1 does define the them. Let us look at the passage again:

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

In the passage God clearly and unequivocally defines how many make up the "them" Male (singular) and female (singular). So in this instance them is limited to two!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you do not believe more than I do.
Yes it is true that "them can mean anywhere from 2 to a ggogleplex of people or things or places. What we need to see if the context defines how many makes that "them. And Genesis 1 does define the them. Let us look at the passage again:

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

In the passage God clearly and unequivocally defines how many make up the "them" Male (singular) and female (singular). So in this instance them is limited to two!
No, mankind is singular. Your logic is that God created 1 being, and that being was both male and female.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is apart of a study I did on this before

Many people believe that the sons of God were fallen angels who fornicated and had children with female human beings thus making the world so evil that God decided to destroy civilization. Could this be? Could spiritual beings actually fornicate with human beings and have offspring even though Paul shows us in 1 Corinthians 15 that the heavenly bodies have a different splendor than human bodies? Would God really allow this to happen?

I believe that the sons of God were the faithful sons from the line of Seth and that the daughters of men were the unfaithful daughters from the unfaithful line of Cain.

In these three chapters of Genesis chapter 4-6 we see that the descendants of Seth were faithful to God while the descendants of Cain were unfaithful. What we read about the descendants of Cain is the great accomplishments they made which is not bad in its self but it is if it’s their highest priority. When we read about Seth's descendants we see that they were great men of God who had many children and lived long lives but this was not attributed to Cain’s descendants.

God warns the faithful people many times to not mix with the unfaithful in the Old Testament and the reason for this is to keep the faithful from being corrupted. We read that one of the reasons that the sons of God were attracted to the daughters of men was because of their beauty not because of love so the reason that they fornicated with them was for lust not love.

But there must be more to the reason that the sons of God were attracted to the daughters of men because there would also have been many beautiful women from the line of Seth.

Lamech gives us the reason for this in Genesis chapter 5

Genesis 5:28-29
28 When Lamech had lived 182 years, he had a son. 29 He named him Noah[c] and said, “He will comfort us in the labor and painful toil of our hands caused by the ground the LORD has cursed.”

The faithful people of God began to lose faith and complain about the pain and burden of working a cursed soil. Lamech named his son Noah which means rest as he thought that Noah would bring his people comfort and rest.

What the daughters of men offered the sons of God was Autonomy

Autonomy

1. The right or condition of self-government.

A self-governing country or region.

• Freedom from external control or influence; independence.

Self-government · independence · self-rule · home rule · sovereignty ·

The daughters of men offered the sons of God the autonomy they desired. The sons of God saw the great accomplishments and advances of the sons of men. The sons of men lived a self-governed and independent life aside from God. This enticed the sons of God so they intermarried with the daughters of men and put aside the ways of the Lord and lived their own self determined lives.

We see the first example of autonomy in the Garden of Eden with Eve. Eve decided that she wanted more than the life God had determined for her she also wanted to be just like God. Satan knew this and tempted Eve and told her that she could have this if she ate the forbidden fruit.
If they were faithful men and sons of God why then did God destroy them in the great flood ?

I believe that the sons of God were the faithful sons from the line of Seth"

What we do know, is ALL FLESH was corrupted, except for NOAH. Nothing in the chapter mentions Seth at all, people are making that assumption. So obviously scripturally there must not have been any faithful men at this time.

The other clue we have, is the judgement of God happens after these 'faithful sons of God' marry the daughters of men.

Genesis 6, nothing about Seth mentioned, and all men were become wicked, including the line of Seth.

The way this is phrased implies they are not of the same as people, not people at all.

However, since the resultant giant children were FLESH of man also, they considered by God as man.

New King James Version

The Wickedness and Judgment of Man
1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them,
2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.

3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
AND also consider why are these giant children the only ones who were mighty men who were of old, men of renown, who apparently were giant in stature and likely performing great feats in the site of all the normal people?

WHY if their fathers were just the godly Sethites, why were those faithful Sons of God the Sethites not the mighty men of old, men of renown?
Logically that makes no sense. Cause they are not mighty men, only their giant children are.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If they were faithful men and sons of God why then did God destroy them in the great flood ?

I believe that the sons of God were the faithful sons from the line of Seth"

What we do know, is ALL FLESH was corrupted, except for NOAH. Nothing in the chapter mentions Seth at all, people are making that assumption. So obviously scripturally there must not have been any faithful men at this time.

The other clue we have, is the judgement of God happens after these 'faithful sons of God' marry the daughters of men.

Genesis 6, nothing about Seth mentioned, and all men were become wicked, including the line of Seth.

The way this is phrased implies they are not of the same as people, not people at all.

However, since the resultant giant children were FLESH of man also, they considered by God as man.

New King James Version

The Wickedness and Judgment of Man
1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them,
2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.

3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

My point was that the sons of Seth conformed they lost their faithfulness thats why God flooded the earth because the faithful came down to just one man Noah.. Read chapter 5 to learn about the sons of Seth.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is also an odd verse about the angels and women in the NT letters to the churches in verse 10.
Genesis 6

1 Corinthians 11
New King James Version

2 Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you. 3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved. 6 For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered. 7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man is not from woman, but woman from man. 9 Nor was man created for the woman, but woman for the man. 10 For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man, in the Lord. 12 For as woman came from man, even so man also comes through woman; but all things are from God.

13 Judge among yourselves. Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him? 15 But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering. 16 But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God.

10 For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.

Women are shown to angels when praying or prophesying that they under authority of a man as things should be.

However, the beautiful women born to men in Genesis 6 were not under authority of a man, so the angels took some of them as wives, as things should not be.

I view this as Paul looking back into the past ages at the time of the flood to be making his point here by introducing the angels and the women as having joined back then and that brought on the great judgement, the results of that extreme sin.

I also believe God is not allowing such a thing to happen anymore.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, mankind is singular. Your logic is that God created 1 being, and that being was both male and female.

Well we are talking about verse 27 and the male and female being the them.

If you need a bible lesson on why man is singular just ask! but in the order- god created man- singular, then he created female singular, ans the male and female singular are the them of verse 27.

Gen 1:27

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well we are talking about verse 27 and the male and female being the them.

If you need a bible lesson on why man is singular just ask! but in the order- god created man- singular, then he created female singular, ans the male and female singular are the them of verse 27.

Gen 1:27

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
All of humanity on the 6th day were in the image of God as sons of God singular in image. Humanity was singular. Some were not one thing and some another thing.

They all were male and female, because that is how God made them. The them is plural, because there were millions of them.

God is not both male and female. The sons of God were.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of humanity on the 6th day were in the image of God as sons of God singular in image. Humanity was singular. Some were not one thing and some another thing.

They all were male and female, because that is how God made them. The them is plural, because there were millions of them.

God is not both male and female. The sons of God were.

Now you are adding things into teh text that did not appear , as if God needed you to correct the passage for HIm!

Humanity is still singular in genus and species! there is only one race of man- the human race!

And He created one male and one female to start all humanity rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.