The Light Of Enlightenment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mtalamai

Jul 17, 2010
I have many questions but first I want to know what is the difference between knowledge and wisdom. We all know that we will not take anything with us when we die but will we take knowledge and wisdom with us?

What is the importance of knowledge and wisdom

If we hadn't eaten of the tree of knowledge would we be far better off?

it also says in the bible that after the bible is fulfilled ( this is in matthew) that there will be a new heaven and a new earth?

What was wrong with the first heaven that we need a new one.

Im sure the new one will be better but I thought God doesn't make mistakes and that in my opinion espescially means heaven.

I must leave but please reply, debate...whatever you like

SaberTruth

Oct 9, 2010
USA
  1. I have many questions but first I want to know what is the difference between knowledge and wisdom. We all know that we will not take anything with us when we die but will we take knowledge and wisdom with us?
  2. What is the importance of knowledge and wisdom
  3. If we hadn't eaten of the tree of knowledge would we be far better off?
  4. it also says in the bible that after the bible is fulfilled ( this is in matthew) that there will be a new heaven and a new earth?
  5. What was wrong with the first heaven that we need a new one.
  6. Im sure the new one will be better but I thought God doesn't make mistakes and that in my opinion espescially means heaven.

Hi Truly,

1. Knowledge is awareness of facts. Wisdom is putting those facts to good use. I'm sure we'll have both in heaven.
  2. Knowledge and wisdom work together like ingredients and a good recipe.
  3. Most likely.
  4. Yep.
  5. Sin. Adam got the earth cursed and it can't last forever. The new one will be restored to its original condition of perfection.
  6. God doesn't make mistakes but people do; see #5. And the new "heaven" doesn't mean the place where God resides but the skies, the created domain of the universe.

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
Not all paths that lead to heaven are straight, only the Lord's is.

John 1:23 ESV He said, "I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, 'Make straight the way of the Lord,' as the prophet Isaiah said."

So some people need to repent, even John The Baptist said Jesus must increase while he must decrease.

John 3:30 ESV He must increase, but I must decrease."

John 3:31 ESV He who comes from above is above all. He who is of the earth belongs to the earth and speaks in an earthly way. He who comes from heaven is above all.

Acts 2:17 ESV "'And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;

Matthew 16:28 ESV Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I have many questions but first I want to know what is the difference between knowledge and wisdom. We all know that we will not take anything with us when we die but will we take knowledge and wisdom with us?

What is the importance of knowledge and wisdom

If we hadn't eaten of the tree of knowledge would we be far better off?

It's really a mistake to think of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil as imparting true knowledge and wisdom. That tree represents Satan, and that's why. God originally created Satan good and then Satan became evil in coveting God's Throne (Ezek.28). So that tree represents the fallen nature of the cherub Satan, and is why he as the serpent used the temptation that Adam and Eve would become gods by partaking of that tree (Gen.3).

Once that's understood, that it's not that tree that we should want, but the Tree of Life through Christ Jesus we should desire, then we begin to come to truer perspective of what real knowledge and wisdom is.

it also says in the bible that after the bible is fulfilled ( this is in matthew) that there will be a new heaven and a new earth?

What was wrong with the first heaven that we need a new one.

God is never going to literally destroy the whole earth. There's even passages in the OT to show the earth is forever. But the SURFACE of the earth, now that's a different matter. And that's the subject Peter is teaching in 2 Peter 3 about previous destruction God worked on the earth with the idea of a flood. The next time will be using fire instead. Man's works will be burned off the earth.

Im sure the new one will be better but I thought God doesn't make mistakes and that in my opinion espescially means heaven.

I must leave but please reply, debate...whatever you like

That idea that God must have made mistakes in His creation comes from the murmerers and mockers against God. Don't listen to those idiots for it's amazing they have sense enough to get out of the rain.

God's Word reveals He created everything good in the beginning, but.... it didn't stay that way. Why? REBELLION AGAINST HIM.

No offense, but there is no such thing as more than one path to Heaven. The only Way of Salvation is to The Father through His Son Jesus Christ Who shed His Blood upon the cross for the sins of those who believe on Him.

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
No offense, but there is no such thing as more than one path to Heaven. The only Way of Salvation is to The Father through His Son Jesus Christ Who shed His Blood upon the cross for the sins of those who believe on Him.
Here's what I mean

John 10:27 ESV My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

John 10:28 ESV I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

But this is for the others

Romans 7:18 ESV For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.

Romans 7:19 ESV For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.

Matthew 18:6 ESV but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Matthew 18:12 ESV What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray?

Matthew 18:13 ESV And if he finds it, truly, I say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine that never went astray.

Matthew 18:14 ESV So it is not the will of my Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
Here's what I mean... But this is for the others...
What??

No, this is picking verses out of context and mashing them together.
Then how do you explain this?

Matthew 24:30 ESV Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Galatians 4:27 ESV For it is written, "Rejoice, O barren one who does not bear; break forth and cry aloud, you who are not in labor! For the children of the desolate one will be more than those of the one who has a husband."

Galatians 4:29 ESV But just as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so also it is now.

SaberTruth

Oct 9, 2010
USA
Then how do you explain this?

Matthew 24:30 ESV Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Galatians 4:27 ESV For it is written, "Rejoice, O barren one who does not bear; break forth and cry aloud, you who are not in labor! For the children of the desolate one will be more than those of the one who has a husband."

Galatians 4:29 ESV But just as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so also it is now.

I'm sorry but I can't make heads or tails of whatever argument you're making. Are you saying these verses mean there are many paths to God, and that it doesn't matter which part of the Bible you pull a verse from (old or new covenant, Jews/Gentiles, etc.)?

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
I'm sorry but I can't make heads or tails of whatever argument you're making. Are you saying these verses mean there are many paths to God, and that it doesn't matter which part of the Bible you pull a verse from (old or new covenant, Jews/Gentiles, etc.)?
There are many paths to God, but only one is straight.

Acts 13:35 ESV Therefore he says also in another psalm, "'You will not let your Holy One see corruption.'

Acts 13:36 ESV For David, after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, fell asleep and was laid with his fathers and saw corruption,

Acts 13:37 ESV but he whom God raised up did not see corruption.

Hebrews 1:10 ESV And, "You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands;

Hebrews 1:11 ESV they will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment,

Hebrews 1:12 ESV like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end."

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJnvbMyKq6I

My girl
She fled the fatherland
And all its dumb demands
My girl
She is the essence pure
She's super sure, she's got the cure
She's love's ambassadress
With a message

Here comes the bottom line

Are we going to live together
Lovers over all
One unending understanding
Deep & wide & tall

My girl
She is the sweetest sound
When living lets me down
My girl
Can turn me on this way
From a world away
She's got a message

Lovers over all
Deep & wide & tall

Revelation 2:20 ESV But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols.

Only flesh say "ouch!"

SaberTruth

Oct 9, 2010
USA
There are many paths to God, but only one is straight.

Acts 13:35 ESV Therefore he says also in another psalm, "'You will not let your Holy One see corruption.'

Acts 13:36 ESV For David, after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, fell asleep and was laid with his fathers and saw corruption,

Acts 13:37 ESV but he whom God raised up did not see corruption.

Hebrews 1:10 ESV And, "You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands;

Hebrews 1:11 ESV they will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment,

Hebrews 1:12 ESV like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end."
Those verses only say that the lost will not see God (if they're related to salvation at all), and Jesus said "But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. (MT. 7:14)". There is only one narrow, constricted way to God; all other ways are to hell.

My girl
She fled the fatherland
And all its dumb demands
My girl
She is the essence pure
She's super sure, she's got the cure
With a message

Lovers over all
Deep & wide & tall

My girl
She is the sweetest sound
When living lets me down
My girl
Can turn me on this way
From a world away
She's got a message

Lovers over all
Deep & wide & tall

Revelation 2:20 ESV But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols.

Only flesh say "ouch!"

Is this remotely on topic? Or is this one of the many ways to God you're advocating? Gosh, whoda thunk even Jezebel's path would lead to God!

Dude, you make no sense at all. Ignoring nonsensical person.

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
Salvation is for all

Revelation 20:5 ESV The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:6 ESV Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

Revelation 20:7 ESV And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison

Revelation 20:8 ESV and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea.

Revelation 20:9 ESV And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them,

Revelation 20:10 ESV and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 20:11 ESV Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.

Revelation 20:12 ESV And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.

Revelation 20:13 ESV And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.

Revelation 20:14 ESV Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:15 ESV And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:1 ESV Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.

Revelation 21:2 ESV And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Revelation 21:3 ESV And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.

Revelation 21:4 ESV He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."

Revelation 21:5 ESV And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." Also he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

Revelation 21:6 ESV And he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.

Revelation 21:7 ESV The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

Revelation 21:8 ESV But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

Revelation 21:9 ESV Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, "Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb."

Revelation 21:10 ESV And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God,

Revelation 21:11 ESV having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.

Revelation 21:12 ESV It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed--

Revelation 21:13 ESV on the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates.

Revelation 21:14 ESV And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Revelation 21:15 ESV And the one who spoke with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city and its gates and walls.

Revelation 21:16 ESV The city lies foursquare, its length the same as its width. And he measured the city with his rod, 12,000 stadia. Its length and width and height are equal.

Revelation 21:17 ESV He also measured its wall, 144 cubits by human measurement, which is also an angel's measurement.

Revelation 21:18 ESV The wall was built of jasper, while the city was pure gold, clear as glass.

Revelation 21:19 ESV The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with every kind of jewel. The first was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald,

Revelation 21:20 ESV the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst.

Revelation 21:21 ESV And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, transparent as glass.

Revelation 21:22 ESV And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.

Revelation 21:23 ESV And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb.

Revelation 21:24 ESV By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it,

Revelation 21:25 ESV and its gates will never be shut by day--and there will be no night there.

Revelation 21:26 ESV They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations.

Revelation 21:27 ESV But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
One PATH, Jesus Christ The Saviour. There is no other.

It's the inter-faith movement that wants peoples to think all religions and spiritual paths are equal. In pagan terminology, the idea used for the word 'path' is often applied to practices of ritual ceremonialism, and not to Faith on Jesus Christ as God's Promised Saviour, The only Saviour unto Salvation.