The Little Book

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
IS your opinion that valuable? And BTW...I didn't yet comment on the OP of this thread. I just posted scripture verses and asked a few questions. Perhaps you mean to say that actually reading the biblical account has cleared things up in your own mind? Or not?

Care to comment?
well that escalated quickly

Reactions: Keturah

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well that escalated quickly
Have you seen the Blues Brothers movie? There's a certain country gig where the band is behind a wire cage....the reason? The audience keeps chucking things at the band if they don't like the song being played.

I see the forum being like this. There are certain posters who think themselves to be critics to the point of attacking, mocking or whatever they can do to diminish the truth of it. A little like the Wild West. I guess it entertains to some degree. Anyway, the movie is quite entertaining.

Maybe if I started a thread called "Stand by your (outer) man," the mob would calm down. (a nod to those who saw the movie)

side note: I remember gigs in my younger days that were similar to those scenes! ;)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm definitely guessing I'm wrong here, but the only thing I can think of what the little book is, is "truth". Its sweet at first, but as we meditate on it, and self reflect, our outer carnal selves have a hard time digesting it.
seems to me that a new truth might be more likely to be bitter at first?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chapter 10 of Revelation is the pronouncement of Judgment before wrath can come. Verse 11 is the reason why many, myself included, that John Himself is one of the two witnesses (Chapter 11:1).... I Believe John was somehow translated to the future?

Hello David-

On what do you base this understanding?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Have you seen the Blues Brothers movie? There's a certain country gig where the band is behind a wire cage....the reason? The audience keeps chucking things at the band if they don't like the song being played.

I see the forum being like this. There are certain posters who think themselves to be critics to the point of attacking, mocking or whatever they can do to diminish the truth of it. A little like the Wild West. I guess it entertains to some degree. Anyway, the movie is quite entertaining.

side note: I remember gigs in my younger days that were similar to those scenes! ;)
guess i havent caught up to the thread yet…but that horse guy? ya, had to tune him out a while back
but w/o the context he appears diff here, weird
hmm, i just learned something :D

Reactions: Episkopos

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but incomplete hence the smallness of the book. When people pick and choose preferred verses but omit the lion-share of the bible they don't like...it makes for a "little book." Half-truths and assumptions based on those half-truths.
but he got the little book from an angel though, hmm

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don’t know. I have seen though, that Gods word was very sweet to me at first but it became bitter turmoil in me for many, many years. Then it turned sweet again and what was bitter to me when I was so miserable in my uncontrolled flesh is now wonderful promises and great hope.

I also see a connection to the Passover lamb having to be eaten with bitter herbs.

But as for what is sealed up, no clue?
There are a lot of things you can think of as some mix of sweet and bitter: self-reflection, the truth, etc. But God doesn't discourage these things, God encourages them. If God seals something away, it's something else.

For a similar example of a food analogy:

Jeremiah 31:29-30
“In those days they will not say again,
‘The fathers have eaten sour grapes,
And the children’s teeth are set on edge.’
But everyone will die for his own iniquity; each man who eats the sour grapes, his teeth will be set on edge.

A sour grape will cause you to die for your iniquity. So a bitter stomach is an idea so destructive to your conscience it will kill your soul if you are not ready to receive it.

Reactions: Keturah

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's still the truth...but things have been taken away. Like the warning at the end to not take away from the prophecies of the word.

it wouldn't be called small if it was the full version. Just like the sample of grace is not the whole measure.

Now you are getting there John....

I see it as a part of the truth...but incomplete hence the smallness of the book. When people pick and choose preferred verses but omit the lion-share of the bible they don't like...it makes for a "little book." Half-truths and assumptions based on those half-truths.

So then to the one who is looking and consuming only the pleasing verses...it tastes sweet. But on judgment day those same words will produce bitterness in the belly...there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Why seal up the prophesy till the end? Well the fulness of the delusion would only take place 1,500 years in the future. Now, it is time to prophesy again...to get ready to repent of falling short of the full measure of the truth.

You don't have to speculate or surmise or decode. John himself tells us what book he is talking about.

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy contained in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.

It's the same little book he's talking about in Ch.10

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello David-

On what do you base this understanding?
Revelation 10:11-11:1 Remember there are no chapter numbers in The Original texts as they were added later.

Also John 21:20-24 "Hints" at this. John was the only Apostle that witnesses all the major events in Christ's life, and was the only Apostle present at the crucifixion and likely the only one to witness the fall of Jerusalem. (Phillip possibly did as well)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this too - in the Spirit on the day of the Lord (the Lords day).
I will tell you who I think is the other witness.... Going out on a limb here a bit as there is not much scriptural backing here.... I Believe it is Zerubbabel. See Haggai 2:20-23, and Zechariah 4:6-10. At the transfiguration the two witnesses were Elijah and Moses Representing the Law and the Prophets. At His second advent they are the one who laid the foundation of the New Covenant and the one who witnessed the life of the Messiah, and early church. Ending His service as the leader of the first of the churches mentioned in Revelation in Ephesus. If you stretch this even further, what we discussed in the PM about the seven spirits, John himself is the "Angel" of this church.

• Wow
Reactions: Nancy

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brothers born of mother not
Meet again when both are sought
As both are led and both are taught
Unto this place they both are brought

When days of darkness are at hand
When year of light comes year of man
When two will fall though few will sadden
Upon the rolling plains abaddon

Within this place of desolation
Borders binding one small nation
Two score men of lowly station
Face these two in desperation

Brothers meet tis time to rest
Elder right and younger left
As set in motion from a fright
Younger crosses front to right

As on cue with metal weakened
Though no trump, no call, no beacon
Scene unfolds as from the start
Those thus gathered play their part

Thunder rolls, bone flesh are rent
Broken bodies twist and bent
To this place the both were sent
To this end the same were meant

Pierced by darts of number most
All is silent, guards they post
Till this place they both stood tall
Upon this plain two thunders fall

Yet a time their bodies lay
Through dark of eve, through dark of day
Until this scene of stillness breaks
In shadow one an entrance makes

As before from left to right
Stopping briefly bending slight
Right hand on the shoulder left
Once still now and sound of breath

Last the younger gift of hand
Once again these two do stand
Upon this earth on feet of man

Reactions: Nancy and David H.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something sweet in your mouth that turns bitter in the stomach.

It seems like it's going to be good and pleasant, but it ends up being unsettling, to the point that it makes you ill.

People think that they understand this little book, -it seems sweet because they find comfort in their own understanding, or those things that they have been taught by others. What if almost all of those things you have swallowed over the years turned out to be mostly incorrect?

Would that sit well in your belly?

Reactions: Nancy

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brothers born of mother not
Meet again when both are sought
As both are led and both are taught
Unto this place they both are brought

When days of darkness are at hand
When year of light comes year of man
When two will fall though few will sadden
Upon the rolling plains abaddon

Within this place of desolation
Borders binding one small nation
Two score men of lowly station
Face these two in desperation

Brothers meet tis time to rest
Elder right and younger left
As set in motion from a fright
Younger crosses front to right

As on cue with metal weakened
Though no trump, no call, no beacon
Scene unfolds as from the start
Those thus gathered play their part

Thunder rolls, bone flesh are rent
Broken bodies twist and bent
To this place the both were sent
To this end the same were meant

Pierced by darts of number most
All is silent, guards they post
Till this place they both stood tall
Upon this plain two thunders fall

Yet a time their bodies lay
Through dark of eve, through dark of day
Until this scene of stillness breaks
In shadow one an entrance makes

As before from left to right
Stopping briefly bending slight
Right hand on the shoulder left
Once still now and sound of breath

Last the younger gift of hand
Once again these two do stand
Upon this earth on feet of man
source? Yes Abbaddon is the one that kills the two witnesses.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
source? Yes Abbaddon is the one that kills the two witnesses.

It's a poem my dear friend wrote one day, on a napkin at a coffee shop-- just like that.... line by line without need for revision. From the time he was just a boy he would have little episodes of what some might call narcolepsy, where he would just zone out, making it difficult to function in school and then later on as an adult. He would struggle against this and fight to stay awake, sometimes choosing to go running for hours on end and even through the night.

One night his mom and dad found him outside in the dead of winter, fast asleep in nothing but his pajamas, with the falling snow covering him. Now as a man of some years, like most of us here-- he long ago realized that in this state he was falling into spirit. Coming to grips with this, he learned to 'be awake' when he was asleep, and interact in that other realm, no differently than you or I might converse here and now. This particular poem was one of two that came to him in this way while he had drifted off, sitting with his precious horses out in his barn.

Reactions: Nancy and David H.