The living dead, and the flame of Yahava

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said let the desd bury their dead.

Harsh statement. What does it mean though? It means everyone essentially walks around being dead with no spiritual life that has yet to become alive by the spirit.

Jesus over came death, the place couldnt even hold him.

Everyone has the ability to make the choice to seek after God in faith in this life, or not.

They will be raised again either way, some being resurrected of condemnation, outside the kingdom, some being resurrected of life, some even being of the better resurrection.

There are many people walking around that may be alive but also may be dead inside, the flame of Yahava can make them alive, however sometimes even faithful people can have that flame put out.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who would like to share any comments feel free

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said let the desd bury their dead.

Harsh statement. What does it mean though? It means everyone essentially walks around being dead with no spiritual life that has yet to become alive by the spirit.
Yes, a harsh truth to some, but truth just the same! Humanity became a corpse when Adam sinned. Not as we think of corpse, but as God thinks of corpse. The life He had put into Adam was gone, because sin separated him from God, the source of life.

Much love!

Reactions: Azim and amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Added some more to the original post, thank you for sharing marksz

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is with "Let the dead bury the dead..well lets look at the verses:
Luke 9:57-62
57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Here is the problem. It does not say that the man's father is dead. He is asking if he can come after his father's death and burial. Jesus followers are called and must come. There is no hesitation.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.