The Lord God of Israel has visited?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did The Lord God of Israel visit His people and redeem them? How did He visit them and redeem His people?

Luke 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he has visited and redeemed his people,

Luke 7:16 And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God has visited his people.

Luke 1:78-79 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high has visited us, [79] To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When did The Lord God of Israel visit His people and redeem them? How did He visit them and redeem His people?

Luke 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he has visited and redeemed his people,

Luke 7:16 And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God has visited his people.

Luke 1:78-79 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high has visited us, [79] To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
In the incarnation ViJ.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It began in the active womb of Elizabeth not long before she gave birth. God made known his visitation first through John the Baptist and through his mission of preparation for the visitation of God through his Son. God, the Father, truly made himself known through the birth of his Son with Mary. The angels proclaimed it and because of the Son, the Father was now truly with us. He had arrived!

Yahshua/Jesus, who after his baptism by John and his anointment by his Father, began his journey to the Cross and our redemption.

Before this time, God showed himself indeed through his Son, as he performed miracles and forgave sin and formed disciples to carry on spreading the good news. It was always the Father doing these things through his Son, as his Son could do nothing without his Father.

Light was shone in the darkness for national Israel and the entire world. God, the Father, was now with us, through his Son, and his spirit lives within us.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amigo de christo, @quietthinker, @APAK
Is there a difference between to visit and remain?

Luke 1:68

Luke 7:16

Luke 1:78-79…where the Lord God of Israel has visited makes me think of being hungry, thirsty, naked, and imprisoned
Matthew 25:34-36 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, you blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: [35] For I was hungry , and you gave me meat: I was thirsty, and you gave me drink: I was a stranger, and you took me in: [36] Naked, and you clothed me: I was sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came unto me.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amigo de christo, @quietthinker, @APAK
Is there a difference between to visit and remain?

Luke 1:68

Luke 7:16

Luke 1:78-79…where the Lord God of Israel has visited makes me think of being hungry, thirsty, naked, and imprisoned
Matthew 25:34-36 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, you blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: [35] For I was hungry , and you gave me meat: I was thirsty, and you gave me drink: I was a stranger, and you took me in: [36] Naked, and you clothed me: I was sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came unto me.
Yes there is a difference of course.
In this context and topic, Christ, the ambassador of God his Father, brought the gospel of peace and more to all. It was a grand visitation and a grand sales pitch at that point for the hearts and minds of mankind. Then embedded in this gospel message was the grace and power of God to enable his Spirit within his Son, the Christ, to remain and dwell in the hearts of mankind.

Now regarding Matt 25:34-36....Christ knows where his spirit dwells. He knows his spirit's influence of the once wicked heart of a man who is now saved and being perfected in spirit. He knows who showed/shows the fruits of the spirit of his Father, of love, goodness, gentleness....these are the ones in the Kingdom of God already. Those where Christ does not remain within a heart is still lost and Christ does not respond to them as he does not know them.

Now in fact in the grand view, beyond this topic of his Son's visitation, God, his Father, himself does not have to visit anyone or anything. He is and has always been here. He only visited through his Son for the purpose of restoration to himself in harmony and love. And only a 100% percent human, under the direct influence of his Father, revealed himself a perfect sacrifice who could pull this mission off - as the 2nd and last Adam - the quickening spirit - the sinless Adam.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When studying to learn meanings of verses a Strong's concordance, and a cross reference Bible are essential tools Vicky. Having access to multiple versions assists greatly as well. Surrounding verses gives the context, so in this account doing so might be confusing, and one might discern it was speaking about John. Truthfully verse 68-75 is referring to Jesus, and then back to John in v76.

As far as Jehovah visiting His people, we know from other verses that He has never came to earth to interact with humans, no one may see Him and yet live, but He does represent us through representatives, and various other means. In this verse the Strongs is invaluable in seeing what was originally written:
ejpiskevptomai Episkeptomai (ep-ee-skep'-tom-ahee);
Word Origin: Greek, Verb, Strong #: 1980

1. to look upon or after, to inspect, examine with the eyes
    1. in order to see how he is, i.e. to visit, go to see one
      1. the poor and afflicted, the sick
    2. to look upon in order to help or to benefit
      1. to look after, have care for, provide for: of God
    3. to look (about) for, look out (one to choose, employ, etc.)

We see combined with other verses that John prepared the way, for Jesus, sent by Jehovah to finish off sin and thus death. John 3:16

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes there is a difference of course.
In this context and topic, Christ, the ambassador of God his Father, brought the gospel of peace and more to all. It was a grand visitation and a grand sales pitch at that point for the hearts and minds of mankind. Then embedded in this gospel message was the grace and power of God to enable his Spirit within his Son, the Christ, to remain and dwell in the hearts of mankind.

Now regarding Matt 25:34-36....Christ knows where his spirit dwells.

what stood out to me that linked Matthew 25:34-36 with The Lord God of Israel has visited is these questions I ask myself. Especially with the dayspring from on high has visited us To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Matthew lays out concerning to visit or to not visit
1) you did not visit me in prison. God visits those in prison (that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death). Yes? no?
2) I was hungry and you gave me no meat. God visits and gives meat to eat? Yes? No?
3) You gave me no drink? “Come those who are thirsty, Drink?
4) I was a stranger and you took me not in? Does God?
5) I was naked and you clothed me not? The Lord God has costed His people and clothed them with the righteousness of take off these things that corrupt and put on the New Man, put you on Christ …not that we will be unclothed but instead clothed upon lest we be found naked?
6) You did not minister unto me. but as you pointed out the ministry of the gospel of “Alive unto God” “wake up you that sleep”?

That is all…that for me I appears as if the Lord God of Israel did all those: gave shelter and took in strangers, gave meat, gave drink, costed those in prison and gave them clothes to put on. Zechariah 3:1-4 And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him Matthew 5:30

2] And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? [3] Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. [4] And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe you with change of raiment.

“I will clothe you with a change of raiment?” What more “a change” of raiment than to put off lying, murder, adultery, strife, hatred and to put on the New Man after Christ?

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as Jehovah visiting His people, we know from other verses that He has never came to earth to interact with humans,

if I’m being honest …you were on my mind when starting this thread. How do you reconcile the Lord God of Israel has visited …is the Lord God of Israel Jehovah? When did Jehovah visit then in Luke 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he has visited and redeemed his people,

Who is the dayspring from on high?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as Jehovah visiting His people, we know from other verses that He has never came to earth to interact with humans

but we have this treasure in earthen vessels …how “He never came to earth to interact with humans” when He said “I will walk in them”?

Reactions: bbyrd009

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what stood out to me that linked Matthew 25:34-36 with The Lord God of Israel has visited is these questions I ask myself. Especially with the dayspring from on high has visited us To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Matthew lays out concerning to visit or to not visit
1) you did not visit me in prison. God visits those in prison (that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death). Yes? no?
2) I was hungry and you gave me no meat. God visits and gives meat to eat? Yes? No?
3) You gave me no drink? “Come those who are thirsty, Drink?
4) I was a stranger and you took me not in? Does God?
5) I was naked and you clothed me not? The Lord God has costed His people and clothed them with the righteousness of take off these things that corrupt and put on the New Man, put you on Christ …not that we will be unclothed but instead clothed upon lest we be found naked?
6) You did not minister unto me. but as you pointed out the ministry of the gospel of “Alive unto God” “wake up you that sleep”?

That is all…that for me I appears as if the Lord God of Israel did all those: gave shelter and took in strangers, gave meat, gave drink, costed those in prison and gave them clothes to put on. Zechariah 3:1-4 And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him Matthew 5:30

2] And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? [3] Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. [4] And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe you with change of raiment.

“I will clothe you with a change of raiment?” What more “a change” of raiment than to put off lying, murder, adultery, strife, hatred and to put on the New Man after Christ?

VIJ: I have not seen these verses of Matthew 25 interpreted in the way you did here. I do not think Matthew was saying anything about God personally visiting people as he did in the OT especially. IMO it is about we, on behalf of God with his Spirit, we would be 'visiting' others (ESPECIALLY other believers in need) and thus doing his will.

When we 'work' spontaneously for the heart that is merged with Christ's spirit we tend to do God's will. And Matthew is personifying and saying everyone we does these spiritual deeds of/ in the spirit of Christ then you do it to Christ himself. Even though we know that is not literally him we are visiting and performing to. Read on to Matthew 25:40 for Christ's words..

I've always believed these verses were saying you did or did not show the fruits of the spirit during your life and thus in your terminology 'visited' and spiritually performed acts for the Spirit (Father) through Christ's spirit. The Son always did the will of his Father, and thus Christ with us in spirit and power is urging and guiding us to do the same in our life.

Only a genuine believer would perform these acts from the Spirit and not from their own carnal spirit; and thus not for carnal selfish, proudful, and boasting reasons as many secular love to do today to show the world how generous and kind they are to the poor and downtrodden. And these would never do it for Christ if he was one of these downtrodden.....they would have to have heart surgery on the spot first if you get my drift...

And this is how Christ could easily separate the believers from the fakers and unbelievers at harvest time. Christ knows our heart and who does the Father's will in their lives. These are the ones separated to stay/remain in the Kingdom at the harvest. The ones on the 'left' are thrown out of the Kingdom, as many are the pretender of 'good' works and 'visitations' from their own selfish hearts.

Blessings to you VIJ

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if I’m being honest …you were on my mind when starting this thread. How do you reconcile the Lord God of Israel has visited …is the Lord God of Israel Jehovah? When did Jehovah visit then in Luke 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he has visited and redeemed his people,

Who is the dayspring from on high?

How was He with us Vicky? Remember Jesus was to be called Immanuel, which was interpreted for us. Yes the Lord God of Israel is Jehovah, and in he same way, He was with us in the fact that He sent His son, the Word His spokesman. Unless the Bible contradicts itself, John 1:18 is an accurate Scripture, and that is how they harmonize.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
VIJ: I have not seen these verses of Matthew 25 interpreted in the way you did here. I do not think Matthew was saying anything about God personally visiting people as he did in the OT especially. IMO it is about we, on behalf of God with his Spirit, we would be 'visiting' others (ESPECIALLY other believers in need) and thus doing his will.

When we 'work' spontaneously for the heart that is merged with Christ's spirit we tend to do God's will. And Matthew is personifying and saying everyone we does these spiritual deeds of/ in the spirit of Christ then you do it to Christ himself. Even though we know that is not literally him we are visiting and performing to. Read on to Matthew 25:40 for Christ's words..

I've always believed these verses were saying you did or did not show the fruits of the spirit during your life and thus in your terminology 'visited' and spiritually performed acts for the Spirit (Father) through Christ's spirit. The Son always did the will of his Father, and thus Christ with us in spirit and power is urging and guiding us to do the same in our life.

I get what you are saying and to be clear I’m not trying to change the interpretation of Matthew. Instead, briefly I was only meditating on what the topic header is “the Lord God of Israel has visited” which now makes me think of Jesus Christ riding in on the ass/colt…Your king comes Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

there are verses where he spoke of not knowing the time of visitation? Luke 12:54-56 And he said also to the people, When you see a cloud rise out of the west, straightway you say, There comes a shower; and so it is. [55] And when you see the south wind blow, you say, There will be heat; and it comes to pass. [56] You hypocrites, you can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that you do not discern this time?

no not to change Matthews meaning there but in the OP all the praise for The Lord God of Israel visiting His people and redeeming them does for sure have me considering did His visitation provide drink, meat, shelter, clothing and freedom to those in prison? For example Ephesians 4:8-10 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. [9] (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? [10] He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How was He with us Vicky? Remember Jesus was to be called Immanuel, which was interpreted for us. Yes the Lord God of Israel is Jehovah, and in he same way, He was with us in the fact that He sent His son, the Word His spokesman. Unless the Bible contradicts itself, John 1:18 is an accurate Scripture, and that is how they harmonize.

I think I remember Moses asking God to “show me your glory”
If I remember correctly…I’m about to leave for work so I don’t have time to go back to refresh my memory, but I’ll show you My back-side but not My Face.
2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Consider “no one can see God at any time and live” what happens from beholding the glory of the Lord? What is changed?
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but we have this treasure in earthen vessels …how “He never came to earth to interact with humans” when He said “I will walk in them”?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

No doubt you realize the passage is not literal, correct? We are not the physical temple, nor the place where Jehovah lives, He does not walk in our limited bodies, but He does have people who subject themselves to Him as their God. Isn't it rather easy to understand the meaning of the passage? It is rather simple, He is with us. He has not forsaken us, and His purposes for us is moving along right on time.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt you realize the passage is not literal, correct? We are not the physical temple, nor the place where Jehovah lives, He does not walk in our limited bodies, but He does have people who subject themselves to Him as their God.

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

“No doubt you realize the passage is not literal, correct? We are not the physical temple, nor the place where Jehovah lives, He does not walk in our limited bodies

personally and I could be wrong but I would suggest we in our limited bodies are more the physical temple of God than the structures man builds up and calls a “Church”.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I remember Moses asking God to “show me your glory”
If I remember correctly…I’m about to leave for work so I don’t have time to go back to refresh my memory, but I’ll show you My back-side but not My Face.
2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Consider “no one can see God at any time and live” what happens from beholding the glory of the Lord? What is changed?
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

It is very confusing, take for instance the account at Genesis 18, it says point blank Jehovah came and spoke to Abraham. We believe it was His spoksman, bearing His name, but I guess time will have to tell what is actually the truth. It might be a translation error, or more likely an error in understanding. God cannot contradict Himself.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

“No doubt you realize the passage is not literal, correct? We are not the physical temple, nor the place where Jehovah lives, He does not walk in our limited bodies

personally and I could be wrong but I would suggest we in our limited bodies are more the physical temple of God than the structures man builds up and calls a “Church”.

The temple was real, there will not be another in this system, the congregations will be Jehovah's house until the Kingdom comes Vicky.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is very confusing, take for instance the account at Genesis 18, it says point blank Jehovah came and spoke to Abraham. We believe it was His spoksman, bearing His name, but I guess time will have to tell what is actually the truth. It might be a translation error, or more likely an error in understanding. God cannot contradict Himself.

I’m sorry for so many verses referenced here but you have me thinking on …yes how confusing it is. For instance the first time I read
Hebrews 11:27 Lexicon: By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured, as seeing Him who is unseen.

Hebrews 11:24-27 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; [25] Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; [26] Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward. [27] By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

As seeing him who is invisible? As seeing him who is unseen? First time I notice that I’m like “whaaattt?”… o_O I had always assumed “as seeing him who is unseen (invisible)”
Was not necessary for Moses who literally spoke as “a friend” of God … must have saw visibly yeah?…but does that assumption diminish all the references to “by Faith” “By Faith” “By Faith”?
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

Genesis 17:15-17 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. [16] And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her. [17] Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?

Genesis 18:10-15 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him. [11] Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. [12] Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? [13] And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? [14] Is any thing too hard for the Lord ? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. [15] Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.

At a set time I will return
Is anything too hard for Jehovah? At the set time I will return unto thee, when the season cometh round, and Sarah shall have a son.”

Mark 10:26-27 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? [27] And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Mark 14:34-38 And saith unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch. [35] And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him. [36] And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt. [37] And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour? [38] Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.

point being is reminding myself “Is any thing too hard for the Lord ?”
So often I’ve heard something is impossible. Saying … “that is impossible, too impossible, even for God.” But what is Faith…if it isn’t Faith in what man says is impossible but God says with Him all things are possible.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We believe it was His spoksman, bearing His name,

You said “we” believe…who is “we” there?

You said “we believe it was His spokesman, bearing His name?”

Bearing Whose name, spokesman for who? Do you mean Jehovahs’ spokesman, bearing Jehovahs name’? See, I believe that also but I would suggest that spokesman bearing Jehovahs’ name is Jesus Christ the high priest over the house of God …where Jehovah said (unless I’ve misunderstood) …”Hear Him” what is to “Hear Him” if not the blessing of “bearing the name of Jehovah” “a spokesman” to ALL people and nations …”Hear Him” John 7:16-19 Why go ye about to kill me?

if “we believe” it to be “the spokesman of Jehovah, bearing His name” there in Genesis 18…then who is the Spokesman, bearing the name of Jehovah in Genesis 18 …or who is the Captain of the host of the Lord appearing in Joshua 5:13-14 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? [14] And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?

Last edited: