The Lord God of Israel has visited?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
about to have to go get ready for the day. Thank you for coming back to explain further. I’ll look at it closer this evening. One thing that immediately comes to mind from what you shared on being called or invited is:
Romans 12:4-10 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: [5] So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. [6] Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; [7] Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; [8] Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness. [9] Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. [10] Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

The lexicon version doesn’t have “let us wait on our ministry” but “let us wait” makes me think of a need to be called or invited to fulfill the gift or office or part differing according to Grace given to us by God.

Although the Church is made up of many individuals, they are one body that work together for the whole Vicky. Not all have the same function, yet many functions have to be done for any organization to be ran and function (Praxis). If you think of God's Kingdom as a government perhaps that will help in understanding, as it is actually a government with many positions held by those running it. It is a well organized functioning government even today, and one day in the future it will be the only government in existence. Dan 2:44

All Christians have the same assignment to declare the good news of the Kingdom to the ends of the earth, but many positions are held to accomplish the task. The Bible tells us that God is not a God of disorder, same as His Congregations 1 Cor 14:33

pra'xiß Praxis (prax'-is);
Word Origin: Greek, Noun Feminine, Strong #: 4234

1. a doing, a mode of acting, a deal, a transaction
    1. the doings of the apostles
    2. in a bad sense, wicked deed, crime, wicked doings (our practices i.e. trickery)
  2. a thing to be done, business
KJV Word Usage and Count
deed 4
work 1
office 1

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have one, I believe it was John that said no one has seen the Father and lived, though Jesus said to Philip….. if you’ve seen me you’ve seen the father?

That one is too easy sir, as it is actually self explanatory, he seen Jesus and not the Father, same way as seeing a "chip off the old block".

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although the Church is made up of many individuals, they are one body that work together for the whole Vicky. Not all have the same function, yet many functions have to be done for any organization to be ran and function (Praxis). If you think of God's Kingdom as a government perhaps that will help in understanding, as it is actually a government with many positions held by those running it. It is a well organized functioning government even today, and one day in the future it will be the only government in existence. Dan 2:44

All Christians have the same assignment to declare the good news of the Kingdom to the ends of the earth, but many positions are held to accomplish the task. The Bible tells us that God is not a God of disorder, same as His Congregations 1 Cor 14:33

pra'xiß Praxis (prax'-is);
Word Origin: Greek, Noun Feminine, Strong #: 4234

1. a doing, a mode of acting, a deal, a transaction
    1. the doings of the apostles
    2. in a bad sense, wicked deed, crime, wicked doings (our practices i.e. trickery)
  2. a thing to be done, business
KJV Word Usage and Count
deed 4
work 1
office 1

maybe you missed the point I was attempting to make which is this. You shared within your faith that some are called to heaven…invited. Others are not called or invited to this office …but are content with the New Earth. One) how do we know that the New Heaven and New Earth are not the same as in He made them “One”? But my point in bringing up the being called into ministry, or being called to pastor/teacher is …regarding having different offices. I was reflecting on how can Jehovah witnesses’ be criticized for speaking in being called or invited when the same is said of being called or invited into positions of “ministers” or “pastor/teachers”. I asked you how do y’all know who has been called or invited to heaven. But I have to ask the same…How then do we know who is called to be a minister or a pastor teacher which is honorable and one set to pastor/ teacher, minister in an office over a congregation of His body. Do you see the similarities? A man invited of God or Invited into headship over His body…as being similar to those among Jehovah’s Witness being called or invited to heaven into the office of headship over those not invited to heaven but instead their position is representative of His body on the New earth.

point is…when I read the passage I quoted I’ve always thought it meant one must be called or invited Higher into an honorable position of shepherd or Minister or Pastor/teacher over His flock…so how can I criticize Jehovah witnesses for the same “some are called or invited” “I’m not one of them”?

but then again I wonder why both of the below passages speak on “And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him,”?
Mark 9:36-40 And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them, [37] Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me. [38] And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. [39] But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. [40] For he that is not against us is on our part.

Luke 9:47-50 And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him, [48] And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great. [49] And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. [50] And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe you missed the point I was attempting to make which is this. You shared within your faith that some are called to heaven…invited. Others are not called or invited to this office …but are content with the New Earth. One) how do we know that the New Heaven and New Earth are not the same as in He made them “One”? But my point in bringing up the being called into ministry, or being called to pastor/teacher is …regarding having different offices. I was reflecting on how can Jehovah witnesses’ be criticized for speaking in being called or invited when the same is said of being called or invited into positions of “ministers” or “pastor/teachers”. I asked you how do y’all know who has been called or invited to heaven. But I have to ask the same…How then do we know who is called to be a minister or a pastor teacher which is honorable and one set to pastor/ teacher, minister in an office over a congregation of His body. Do you see the similarities? A man invited of God or Invited into headship over His body…as being similar to those among Jehovah’s Witness being called or invited to heaven into the office of headship over those not invited to heaven but instead their position is representative of His body on the New earth.

point is…when I read the passage I quoted I’ve always thought it meant one must be called or invited Higher into an honorable position of shepherd or Minister or Pastor/teacher over His flock…so how can I criticize Jehovah witnesses for the same “some are called or invited” “I’m not one of them”?

but then again I wonder why both of the below passages speak on “And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him,”?
Mark 9:36-40 And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them, [37] Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me. [38] And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. [39] But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. [40] For he that is not against us is on our part.

Luke 9:47-50 And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him, [48] And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great. [49] And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. [50] And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

maybe you missed the point I was attempting to make which is this. You shared within your faith that some are called to heaven…invited. Others are not called or invited to this office …but are content with the New Earth. One) how do we know that the New Heaven and New Earth are not the same as in He made them “One”? Would you like to discuss what the new heavens and new earth is Vicki? But my point in bringing up the being called into ministry, or being called to pastor/teacher is …regarding having different offices. I was reflecting on how can Jehovah witnesses’ be criticized for speaking in being called or invited when the same is said of being called or invited into positions of “ministers” or “pastor/teachers”. I asked you how do y’all know who has been called or invited to heaven. But I have to ask the same…How then do we know who is called to be a minister or a pastor teacher which is honorable and one set to pastor/ teacher, minister in an office over a congregation of His body. Christians mature maam. As they mature they are given more responsibilities in the congregation, the more capable a Christian is, the more they will be expected to perform Mat 25:19-27. Like any organization, qualified people are put into various positions, as organized people Jehovah's witnesses are no different. Do you see the similarities? A man invited of God or Invited into headship over His body…as being similar to those among Jehovah’s Witness being called or invited to heaven into the office of headship over those not invited to heaven but instead their position is representative of His body on the New earth.

Children are teachable maam. They have honesty and a sincere desire to learn, was the lesson for us. As you can see it was customary, as many still do today to ignore children, but a Godly person will obey Deut 6:6,7 in training their child.
Mark 9:36-40 [38] And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. [39] But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. [40] For he that is not against us is on our part.

A lot of people misunderstand this verse, which makes it appear that anyone not against Christians are for them. Mark added something in his account of the event as you posted above, he said the man was doing it in Jesus' name Mk 9:39, so at that time one did not have to join with Jesus and the apostles to serve God, but it was clear that this person was a follower of Jesus. Jesus also said:
(Matthew 12:30) . . .Whoever is not on my side is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. . .
Why the seeming contradiction? Because at that time, there was no new covenant, and there was no Christian Congregation. All of God's people were given a cushion of about 3.5 yrs to move in to the new covenant, as the law was kept in force till the end of the week, or until 36 CE.
(Daniel 9:27) . . .he will keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week, he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease. . .
By then anyone who chose not to join the Christian congregation would no longer be accepted as God's people. There are many people doing many impressive works in Jesus' name Vicky, but they choose not to join with other Christians in the faith Hebrews 10:24,25. Since they forsake this commandment, do you think God approves of them now? Mat 7:21-23

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe you missed the point I was attempting to make which is this. You shared within your faith that some are called to heaven…invited. Others are not called or invited to this office …but are content with the New Earth. One) how do we know that the New Heaven and New Earth are not the same as in He made them “One”? Would you like to discuss what the new heavens and new earth is Vicki? But my point in bringing up the being called into ministry, or being called to pastor/teacher is …regarding having different offices. I was reflecting on how can Jehovah witnesses’ be criticized for speaking in being called or invited when the same is said of being called or invited into positions of “ministers” or “pastor/teachers”. I asked you how do y’all know who has been called or invited to heaven. But I have to ask the same…How then do we know who is called to be a minister or a pastor teacher which is honorable and one set to pastor/ teacher, minister in an office over a congregation of His body. Christians mature maam. As they mature they are given more responsibilities in the congregation, the more capable a Christian is, the more they will be expected to perform Mat 25:19-27. Like any organization, qualified people are put into various positions, as organized people Jehovah's witnesses are no different. Do you see the similarities? A man invited of God or Invited into headship over His body…as being similar to those among Jehovah’s Witness being called or invited to heaven into the office of headship over those not invited to heaven but instead their position is representative of His body on the New earth.

Children are teachable maam. They have honesty and a sincere desire to learn, was the lesson for us. As you can see it was customary, as many still do today to ignore children, but a Godly person will obey Deut 6:6,7 in training their child.
Mark 9:36-40 [38] And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. [39] But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. [40] For he that is not against us is on our part.

A lot of people misunderstand this verse, which makes it appear that anyone not against Christians are for them. Mark added something in his account of the event as you posted above, he said the man was doing it in Jesus' name Mk 9:39, so at that time one did not have to join with Jesus and the apostles to serve God, but it was clear that this person was a follower of Jesus. Jesus also said:
(Matthew 12:30) . . .Whoever is not on my side is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. . .
Why the seeming contradiction? Because at that time, there was no new covenant, and there was no Christian Congregation. All of God's people were given a cushion of about 3.5 yrs to move in to the new covenant, as the law was kept in force till the end of the week, or until 36 CE.
(Daniel 9:27) . . .he will keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week, he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease. . .
By then anyone who chose not to join the Christian congregation would no longer be accepted as God's people. There are many people doing many impressive works in Jesus' name Vicky, but they choose not to join with other Christians in the faith Hebrews 10:24,25. Since they forsake this commandment, do you think God approves of them now? Mat 7:21-23

You didn’t answer the one question I was hoping you’d answer which was, Do you see the similarities?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn’t answer the one question I was hoping you’d answer which was, Do you see the similarities?

I am sorry Vicky, I guess I misunderstand the question, similarities of what?

You mentioned something about being called to be ministers, every Christian has the assignment to be ministers and teachers maam. Jesus commissioned us to make disciples before he departed to heaven, of course when one becomes a disciple they too are under the assignment to make disciples and so on until we reach the entire earth with the good news Mat 24:14. Is that what you mean?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You mentioned something about being called to be ministers, every Christian has the assignment to be ministers and teachers maam. Jesus commissioned us to make disciples before he departed to heaven, of course when one becomes a disciple they too are under the assignment to make disciples and so on until we reach the entire earth with the good news Mat 24:14. Is that what you mean?

yes. I’ve never been to a Jehovah witnesses church. I grew up Baptist. That is all I know. So I was comparing what I’m familiar with which are Pastors being chosen or invited to be over the body. I don’t know anything about Catholic Churches either except the Pope being anointed or invited to his position. That is why I asked how do Jehovah witnesses know who are called or invited to heaven? How do you know …you are not one called or invited to heaven? Reading up on it …it is something the person just knows internally? Are are there signs of those invited to heaven?
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/go-to-heaven/

From google: “Becoming an anointed person is not something that is done by voting or selection. Instead, the anointed one knows directly from God that he or she has been chosen. Only those who feel themselves to be anointed partake of the bread and wine at the annual Memorial of Christ's death.”

upon looking up invited to heaven or called to earth ..it is familiar to setting up a government of helps, gifts…(the link said some serving alongside Jesus in heaven?) which is why I quoted the passage on not all having the same office …some being called for different purposes? 1 Corinthians 12:27-31 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. [28] And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. [29] Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? [30] Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? [31] But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

warning: this may be rambling. I talk too much. It seems the central focus of invited to serve alongside Jesus Christ is
Ephesians 4:8-10 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. [9] (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? [10] He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Is that correct?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes. I’ve never been to a Jehovah witnesses church. I grew up Baptist. That is all I know. So I was comparing what I’m familiar with which are Pastors being chosen or invited to be over the body. I don’t know anything about Catholic Churches either except the Pope being anointed or invited to his position. That is why I asked how do Jehovah witnesses know who are called or invited to heaven? How do you know …you are not one called or invited to heaven? Reading up on it …it is something the person just knows internally? Are are there signs of those invited to heaven?
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/go-to-heaven/

From google: “Becoming an anointed person is not something that is done by voting or selection. Instead, the anointed one knows directly from God that he or she has been chosen. Only those who feel themselves to be anointed partake of the bread and wine at the annual Memorial of Christ's death.”

upon looking up invited to heaven or called to earth ..it is familiar to setting up a government of helps, gifts…(the link said some serving alongside Jesus in heaven?) which is why I quoted the passage on not all having the same office …some being called for different purposes? 1 Corinthians 12:27-31 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. [28] And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. [29] Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? [30] Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? [31] But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Interestingly I grew up a Baptist myself. On the anointed I quoted what Paul said, God's spirit bears witness with their spirit. There are no outward signs, and the things you posted in paragraph 3 were part of the first century congregation, not the one today. To sum it up. Anointed are chosen by God and baptized with holy spirit, only they know for sure. All disciples of Christ are ministers, and if the males in the congregation meet the qualifications found at 1 Timothy 3 and are well reported on by the brothers and sisters, they will be reviewed for appointment by a group of elders, and then recommended, and if accepted they will be appointed after the Circuit Overseers visit. That is it in the nutshell maam.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
warning: this may be rambling. I talk too much. It seems the central focus of invited to serve alongside Jesus Christ is
Ephesians 4:8-10 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. [9] (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? [10] He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Is that correct?

The verse is correct, but I am unsure of what you are asking. Those invited to serve alongside Jesus are to serve as Kings and Priests in the Kingdom maam Rev 5:9,10. That is their focus.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yup, that was him....I heard him knocking at the door!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yup, that was him....I heard him knocking at the door!

Did you open the door to confirm that it was God knocking at your door, or was it someone else and you just assumed it must have been god.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
how do you know you're breathing air?

But, God is not invisible and has substance about Him if He is a knocking at your door. Whereas your response question was not a reasonable response to my posted question.

It could have been a demon that had coming a knocking at you door. Without interacting with who was a knocking at your door, all I can assume is that you do not know who was a knocking at your door.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But, God is not invisible and has substance about Him if He is a knocking at your door. Whereas your response question was not a reasonable response to my posted question.

It could have been a demon that had coming a knocking at you door. Without interacting with who was a knocking at your door, all I can assume is that you do not know who was a knocking at your door.
Well there you go! No doubt it'll be the case with many where demons masquerade as God.
In my observation, there are distinguishable fruits which determine whose spirit is operative.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well there you go! No doubt it'll be the case with many where demons masquerade as God.
In my observation, there are distinguishable fruits which determine whose spirit is operative.

True, distinguishable fruit determines the spirit that resides within a person, but we are not talking about that subject now are we. We are a talking about the "spirit", i.e. God or Satan/demon, who is a knocking at your door, since it was you who brought it up.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
we
True, distinguishable fruit determines the spirit that resides within a person, but we are not talking about that subject now are we. We are a talking about the "spirit", i.e. God or Satan/demon, who is a knocking at your door, since it was you who brought it up.
maybe you can tell me whose spirit I have Jay?