The Lord God of Israel has visited?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation-3.20.jpg

Reactions: Cassandra

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When studying to learn meanings of verses a Strong's concordance, and a cross reference Bible are essential tools Vicky. Having access to multiple versions assists greatly as well. Surrounding verses gives the context, so in this account doing so might be confusing, and one might discern it was speaking about John. Truthfully verse 68-75 is referring to Jesus, and then back to John in v76.

As far as Jehovah visiting His people, we know from other verses that He has never came to earth to interact with humans, no one may see Him and yet live, but He does represent us through representatives, and various other means. In this verse the Strongs is invaluable in seeing what was originally written:
ejpiskevptomai Episkeptomai (ep-ee-skep'-tom-ahee);
Word Origin: Greek, Verb, Strong #: 1980

1. to look upon or after, to inspect, examine with the eyes
    1. in order to see how he is, i.e. to visit, go to see one
      1. the poor and afflicted, the sick
    2. to look upon in order to help or to benefit
      1. to look after, have care for, provide for: of God
    3. to look (about) for, look out (one to choose, employ, etc.)

We see combined with other verses that John prepared the way, for Jesus, sent by Jehovah to finish off sin and thus death. John 3:16

No - JESUS was not sent by Jehovah. JESUS was sent by the Father for Jesus is LORD/YHWH

You never see in the Gospel, not once, Jesus praying to YHWH, for HE is YHWH.
You only see Jesus praying to His FATHER.

LORD Jesus clearly declared that HE is IAM. HE did this a number of times.

the Scripture cannot lie: "Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess to YHWH." Isaiah ch45

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - JESUS was not sent by Jehovah. JESUS was sent by the Father for Jesus is LORD/YHWH

your post brought up a question I haven’t had before …Was Jesus Spirit sent by and of the Father? For example…you haven’t received the spirit of the world unto bondage again but the Spirit given of God in receiving Christ, Romans 8:9-10, the Son the the Spirit of Life given of God, the Spirit of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7-10

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your post brought up a question I haven’t had before …Was Jesus Spirit sent by and of the Father? For example…you haven’t received the spirit of the world unto bondage again but the Spirit given of God in receiving Christ, Romans 8:9-10, the Son the the Spirit of Life given of God, the Spirit of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7-10

BEFORE the LORD/YHWH came to earth as a man = Philippians 2:5-11 = HE was Elohim Word = John ch1 , Genesis ch1-ch3
Elohim FATHER Elohim SON Elohim HOLY SPIRIT were ALL ETERNAL SPIRIT Echad Elohim
Jesus said: "God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship in Spirit and Truth."
Since Jesus is the LORD/YHWH come in the flesh, HE never prayed to Himself/YHWH but only to HIS FATHER, from where HE came.

Jesus said: "What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."

Jesus only prayed to HIS FATHER: "And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself,
with the Glory which I had with You before the world was."

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BEFORE the LORD/YHWH came to earth as a man = Philippians 2:5-11 = HE was Elohim Word

I’ve been studying the “made of a woman, made under the law” in Galatians 4:4

If I have understood you correctly there is a difference in “He was Elohim” and His lowering Himself “made of a woman made under the law” …but there is a question: was the woman made under the Law, what woman was made under the Law that he was made of? Does that question make sense? Who is the subject of “made of a woman made under the Law”?
Romans 8:1-13

you mentioned restoring to the glory He had prior ..would that be
Galatians 5:18-23 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. [19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, [21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. [22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You never see in the Gospel, not once, Jesus praying to YHWH, for HE is YHWH.
You only see Jesus praying to His FATHER.

LORD Jesus clearly declared that HE is IAM. HE did this a number of times.

the Scripture cannot lie: "Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess to YHWH." Isaiah ch45

Is not the Father God, David? Is not God's name given in the Bible as Jehovah? I am sure you can quote Jn 3:16 which clearly said God sent His only-begotten son correct? Many people both in and out of the Bible has said I am, but what is the significance of that sir? I can truthfully say I am no more God than Jesus is, but we both serve the same God.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been studying the “made of a woman, made under the law” in Galatians 4:4

If I have understood you correctly there is a difference in “He was Elohim” and His lowering Himself “made of a woman made under the law” …but there is a question: was the woman made under the Law, what woman was made under the Law that he was made of? Does that question make sense? Who is the subject of “made of a woman made under the Law”?
Romans 8:1-13

you mentioned restoring to the glory He had prior ..would that be
Galatians 5:18-23 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. [19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these ; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, [21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. [22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

OK, i have to run out the door and you have asked the EXCELLENT Question of the Day.

Real quick: YHWH came to earth. the name YAHshuah means "LORD came down or LORD humbled Himself"
This is CRYSTAL CLEAR in Phil 2:5-11 and in Genesis and Isaiah

Born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14) of the seed of Abraham and the tribe of Judah of the lineage of King David = MARY = Genesis, Exodus, Gospels Luke & Matthew.

Mary was a JEW under the LAW, therefore MESSIAH came into the world to HIS brethren of the flesh of Abraham = ALL PROPHECY Fulfilled

The GLORY which HE had BEFORE the world = BEFORE the world and everything was created = BEFORE ALL this = HE is ELOHIM WORD/SON

Know the FULL NAME of ELOHIM/God = Exodus 3:15-16

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” God also told Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The YHWH the Elohim of your fathers—Elohenu Abraham, Elohenu Isaac ElohenuJacob—has sent me to you.’
This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.

Elohim FATHER Elohim SON Elohim HOLY SPIRIT =If you remove, thru unbelief, any ONE you have No Gospel and No Salvation

"Not by might nor by power but by MY SPIRIT says the LORD"

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is not the Father God, David? Is not God's name given in the Bible as Jehovah? I am sure you can quote Jn 3:16 which clearly said God sent His only-begotten son correct? Many people both in and out of the Bible has said I am, but what is the significance of that sir? I can truthfully say I am no more God than Jesus is, but we both serve the same God.

SEE Post #68
i hav eto go to work now - C U later

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God is not a name, only a title/description that we use in today's language to denote ELOHIM from Genesis.

There is only ONE NAME by which you can be SAVED = YESHUA HaMashiach translated as JESUS the Christ

Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers and elders of the people! If we are being examined today about a kind service to a man who was lame, to determine how he was healed, then let this be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel:
It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.
This Jesus is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’
Salvation exists in no one else, for there is no other Name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”
Acts ch4

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who came to earth David? Not YHWH, rather He sent His son, correct?

I’m sorry…I realize this question was to David.
Hebrews 2:11 For both he that sanctifies and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Curious do you believe Jehovah sanctifies the children given of God?
Or Does Jesus sanctify the children given of God?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not a name, only a title/description that we use in today's language to denote ELOHIM from Genesis.

There is only ONE NAME by which you can be SAVED = YESHUA HaMashiach translated as JESUS the Christ

Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers and elders of the people! If we are being examined today about a kind service to a man who was lame, to determine how he was healed, then let this be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel:
It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.
This Jesus is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’
Salvation exists in no one else, for there is no other Name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”
Acts ch4

Do you believe there is a chain of command among God's people David?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who came to earth David? Not YHWH, rather He sent His son, correct?

YAHshuah literally means YHWH humbled Himself or YHWH came down.
This is the Truth that the Holy Spirit Proclaims = Genesis, Exodus, Isaiah , Gospel of John , Phil 2:5-11 , Rev ch1 & ch22

JESUS never prayed to YHWH because HE is YHWH and HE came down from His Eternal Glory with the FATHER and emptied Himself.
When on earth HE only prayed to His Elohim FATHER.

Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.
And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
John 17:1-5

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry…I realize this question was to David.
Hebrews 2:11 For both he that sanctifies and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Curious do you believe Jehovah sanctifies the children given of God?
Or Does Jesus sanctify the children given of God?

Great question Vicky, not sure how you are understanding it, but the verse is about Jesus, but it is Jehovah who is doing the sanctifying. Is that the way you see it, Jesus calls them brothers because of the one that sanctified them. A bit of a difficult verse to understand.

Do you believe the they who are sanctified are the spirit begotten Christians.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YAHshuah literally means YHWH humbled Himself or YHWH came down.
This is the Truth that the Holy Spirit Proclaims = Genesis, Exodus, Isaiah , Gospel of John , Phil 2:5-11 , Rev ch1 & ch22

JESUS never prayed to YHWH because HE is YHWH and HE came down from His Eternal Glory with the FATHER and emptied Himself.
When on earth HE only prayed to His Elohim FATHER.

Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.
And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
John 17:1-5

Interestingly you finished by posting one of Jesus' last prayers to Jehovah sir. We just disagree.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly you finished by posting one of Jesus' last prayers to Jehovah sir. We just disagree.

LORD Jesus Christ never prayed to or speaks of jehovah in His words = only His Father and the Holy Spirit.

Because Jesus is Yehovah/YHWH and this is how HE speaks of Himself:
Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God.
Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.

Truth to Live by..........."IAM the Way the Truth and the LIFE" = YHWH Yeshua HaMashiach

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man, you have found another gem for all to 'see' and so live! Christ is the life indeed that comes from his Father, and who is ours too.
It’s what Jesus always directs too, the Father. He says the day is coming when all will worship Him in spirit and truth.

Reactions: APAK