The Lord God of Israel has visited?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That one is too easy sir, as it is actually self explanatory, he seen Jesus and not the Father, same way as seeing a "chip off the old block".

No, that is not the exact same definition, when the LORD said this to Thomas.

Furthermore the LORD said "no one has seen the FATHER at any time but the SON, who is in the FATHER."

Again, LORD Jesus
It’s what Jesus always directs too, the Father. He says the day is coming when all will worship Him in spirit and truth.

the LORD said that Day of worshipping the Father came the moment the SON began HIS ministry.

Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth;
for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
John ch4

satan will tell you not to worship the SON.

The FATHER says: every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is LORD = of those in heaven, on earth and under the earth.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LORD Jesus Christ never prayed to or speaks of jehovah in His words = only His Father and the Holy Spirit.

Because Jesus is Yehovah/YHWH and this is how HE speaks of Himself:
Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God.
Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.

Truth to Live by..........."IAM the Way the Truth and the LIFE" = YHWH Yeshua HaMashiach

You said it yourself David, Jesus existed before Abraham, that is what he answered, and that is what he meant. He in no way was claiming to be God, in fact there was an account found in the Bible in which that very thing happened sir, check out Jn 10:31-36 and you will see where Jesus straightened them out on the subject. If you are honest hearted, perhaps you too as well will accept Jesus' words.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is not the exact same definition, when the LORD said this to Thomas.

Furthermore the LORD said "no one has seen the FATHER at any time but the SON, who is in the FATHER."

Again, LORD Jesus

the LORD said that Day of worshipping the Father came the moment the SON began HIS ministry.

Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth;
for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
John ch4

satan will tell you not to worship the SON.

The FATHER says: every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is LORD = of those in heaven, on earth and under the earth.

Call me satan then, because I will tell you to worship Jehovah, as did Jesus.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the LORD Jesus Christ/YAHshuah HaMashiach never spoke of Yahweh but only spoke of His FATHER and Himself and the Holy Spirit.

Furthermore, the Scripture declares ALL THREE are ECHAD/ONE from the Beginning = Genesis, Exodus, Isaiah and the Gospel
When YAHshuah came down and humbled Himself to the Cross =FULL GOSPEL manifested = HE finished the Work the FATHER sent HIM to do.

Listen to the words of IAM: "When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you?
What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?" John ch6

OT the LORD/YHWH/Yahweh speaks/appears to Adam & Eve, Moses = word for God is ELOHIM = PLURAL
NT the LORD comes down, as a man = Immanuel = God with us = YAHshuah HaMashiach = LORD Jesus Christ
NT the word for God is no longer ELOHIM/Plural but Theos/Singular

What changed??? the LORD/YHWH camed down and emptied Himself and appeared as a man = Philippians 2:5-9

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I believe he was calling me Satan. You can’t have all the smoke.

i never called anyone satan, but i have been called "the synagogue of satan" so let's all rejoice because none of us, thank YOU LORD, are that Devil.
We can be Redeemed by the Precious Blood of Christ.
satan can never receive forgiveness

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you and other jw's would rather be called satan(i am not doing that) then to obey the Will of the FATHER and worship the SON???

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I believe he was calling me Satan. You can’t have all the smoke.

By golly sir, you'd be absolutely correct, my mistake, I am not used to multiple replies in one post. Sorry for trying to steal the limelight Wait ;)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the LORD Jesus Christ/YAHshuah HaMashiach never spoke of Yahweh but only spoke of His FATHER and Himself and the Holy Spirit.

Furthermore, the Scripture declares ALL THREE are ECHAD/ONE from the Beginning = Genesis, Exodus, Isaiah and the Gospel
When YAHshuah came down and humbled Himself to the Cross =FULL GOSPEL manifested = HE finished the Work the FATHER sent HIM to do.

Listen to the words of IAM: "When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you?
What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?" John ch6

OT the LORD/YHWH/Yahweh speaks/appears to Adam & Eve, Moses = word for God is ELOHIM = PLURAL
NT the LORD comes down, as a man = Immanuel = God with us = YAHshuah HaMashiach = LORD Jesus Christ
NT the word for God is no longer ELOHIM/Plural but Theos/Singular

What changed??? the LORD/YHWH camed down and emptied Himself and appeared as a man = Philippians 2:5-9

Mat 4:10

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you and other jw's would rather be called satan(i am not doing that) then to obey the Will of the FATHER and worship the SON???

Nope, as I have always said sir, better to be obedient to them, matter of fact it is a requirement. I would rather be called satan by your own words, than to accept the falsehoods uttered from you sir. We do not agree. Jesus said to worship and serve Jehovah exclusively, and that is what I am going to do, and definitely recommend you do the same, you certainly can not go wrong in obeying Jesus' command.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, as I have always said sir, better to be obedient to them, matter of fact it is a requirement. I would rather be called satan by your own words, than to accept the falsehoods uttered from you sir. We do not agree. Jesus said to worship and serve Jehovah exclusively, and that is what I am going to do, and definitely recommend you do the same, you certainly can not go wrong in obeying Jesus' command.

Your finally right on something - my words agree with CHRIST and your words do not.
You are quoting the scripture just as the unbelieving Jews knew them but it could not save them.
You need to repent and turn to the LORD Jesus Christ - before it's too late.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your finally right on something - my words agree with CHRIST and your words do not.
You are quoting the scripture just as the unbelieving Jews knew them but it could not save them.
You need to repent and turn to the LORD Jesus Christ - before it's too late.

Really? Mat 4:10; 22:37, in fact they do not sir.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“No one has seen the Father at any time but the Son, who is in the Father.”

this makes me consider where He said: if one says he loves the Father yet hates his brother, he hasn’t seen the Father.

it is the “but the Son, who is in the Father.” For “no one has seen the Father at any time, except the Son, who is in the Father.
Similar to “no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son. (Who is in the Father) Matthew 11:27.

“O Righteous Father although the world has not known you, yet I have known you
John 17:25-26
And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."
The Spirit of a Son sent into the heart crying out “Abba Father!”
John 17:20-23
"I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me;
-No one has seen the Father at any time but the Son, who is in the Father.
-no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son. (Who is in the Father) (no one in the flesh …instead of in the Father…has seen the father nor the Son…no can the carnal man know God nor the Son, for it is foolishness to him? 1 Corinthians 2:14 The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“No one has seen the Father at any time but the Son, who is in the Father.”

this makes me consider where He said: if one says he loves the Father yet hates his brother, he hasn’t seen the Father.

it is the “but the Son, who is in the Father.” For “no one has seen the Father at any time, except the Son, who is in the Father.
Similar to “no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son. (Who is in the Father) Matthew 11:27.

“O Righteous Father although the world has not known you, yet I have known you
John 17:25-26
And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."
The Spirit of a Son sent into the heart crying out “Abba Father!”
John 17:20-23
"I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me;
-No one has seen the Father at any time but the Son, who is in the Father.
-no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son. (Who is in the Father) (no one in the flesh …instead of in the Father…has seen the father nor the Son…no can the carnal man know God nor the Son, for it is foolishness to him? 1 Corinthians 2:14 The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

Based on these Scriptures which you posted(and more) we SEE that no one can know/worship/see the FATHER without the SON and the HOLY SPIRIT.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Based on these Scriptures which you posted(and more) we SEE that no one can know/worship/see the FATHER without the SON and the HOLY SPIRIT.

1 Corinthians 6:16 Lexicon: Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, "THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH."

1 Corinthians 6:17 Lexicon: But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

he who unites (is joined) in Christ is one spirit. Is the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit…one spirit?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i know Who it is for HE saved me and baptized me in His Holy Spirit whereby i cried out 'Abba'.

See the distinction David, I would have said Jehovah as the verse Jesus quoted did. May I ask, what is Jehovah to you sir?