The Lord's Supper

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Scott,

Is anyone immune to this "epidemic"?

Curious Mary
It depends on how you mean that.

If you mean some are blind to it, yet some see it, the biblical answer is: "few" see. But even they shall "have tribulation" in the world, as do all.

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Soooo what are the Protestant Churches that have some of the same doctrines and practices that the Catholic Church has?

Baby antichrist? Spawn of the antichrist?

Curious Mary
With respect, @Marymog,

This thread concerns the Lord's supper: so I hope we can avoid it becoming polarised into a protestant/catholic debate, for we are participating as individuals, whose purpose is to ensure that we are pleasing God, not as representatives of corporate bodies. However, I understand your feelings concerning the name calling that such debates engender.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"'Churches that have the same doctrines and practices that the Catholic Church has'" are 'Protestant Churches' in name only. That's my point, that they are 'the same' old 'Catholic Church'--in no manner Protestant Churches! The 'churches' we both speak of are 'catholic', viz., universal which in the first place does not mean that the doctrines and practices they have are Protestant or more important are Scriptural. Universal Christianity itself makes up the Antichrist, not only in the form of being a church, but in any form whatever be it society or the state or form of majority rule (democracy) or scientific and intellectual grip on institutions of learning or whatever like 'culture' or 'heritage'. It makes no difference you do not consider the Protestant Churches in the present era Catholic. They are as universal or catholic as is the Roman Catholic Church; in fact the core problem with them is that they are the same church and that they "'have the same doctrines and practices that the Catholic Church has'"--that they have and are the same abomination of desolation as Roman Catholicism. Christianity unqualified is Antichrist and its doctrines and practices are the proof of it. Whether with regard to high idolatry or common virtue, between Christianity and Islam for example, there is no comparison possible--of the two Islam is the more Christlike.
Fascinating theory. Who taught you this?

You said, "Christianity unqualified is Antichrist and its doctrines and practices are the proof of it." It seems to me you are saying all Christian Churches fit the definition of anti-Christ.

Are there any Christians (or Churches) that are not anti-Christ? Or could you name a Christian that is not anti-Christ?

Curious Mary

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Fascinating theory. Who taught you this?

You said, "Christianity unqualified is Antichrist and its doctrines and practices are the proof of it." It seems to me you are saying all Christian Churches fit the definition of anti-Christ.

Are there any Christians (or Churches) that are not anti-Christ? Or could you name a Christian that is not anti-Christ?

No one taught me; Christianity and history and frank observation taught me. So shall I answer your unreasonable and cunning last 'question'. I did not and I do not name or say any Christian is Antichrist. Churches, collective Christianity BECAME AND BECOMES Antichrist in time and numbers in doctrines and practices.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one taught me; Christianity and history and frank observation taught me. So shall I answer your unreasonable and cunning last 'question'. I did not and I do not name or say any Christian is Antichrist. Churches, collective Christianity BECAME AND BECOMES Antichrist in time and numbers in doctrines and practices.
So your theory is self taught. Why did God take 2000+ years to reveal this to us and why thru YOU?

Not sure how my question is cunning. I am just trying to understand what you are saying by asking you questions.

NOW it seems to me you are saying that if a group of Christians that meet together on a regular basis to study/read scripture....lets arbitrarily say 10 people....and that number of participants starts to increase ...let's say to 10,000 people over a 30 year time frame.....and over that 30 years their doctrines and practices come together in the form of a book (like a Catechism or a Creed) then that group becomes antichrist since their numbers have grown and they spell out their doctrines/practices on paper for all members to read instead of just talking about it in a small group?

If a person, or just a few people, sit in their basement reading/interpreting scripture they are NOT anti-Christ?

Did I get it right this time?? :)

Curious Mary

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So your theory is self taught. Why did God take 2000+ years to reveal this to us and why thru YOU?

Not sure how my question is cunning. I am just trying to understand what you are saying by asking you questions.

NOW it seems to me you are saying that if a group of Christians that meet together on a regular basis to study/read scripture....lets arbitrarily say 10 people....and that number of participants starts to increase ...let's say to 10,000 people over a 30 year time frame.....and over that 30 years their doctrines and practices come together in the form of a book (like a Catechism or a Creed) then that group becomes antichrist since their numbers have grown and they spell out their doctrines/practices on paper for all members to read instead of just talking about it in a small group?

If a person, or just a few people, sit in their basement reading/interpreting scripture they are NOT anti-Christ?

Did I get it right this time?? :)

Curious Mary

Zippit

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With respect, @Marymog,

This thread concerns the Lord's supper: so I hope we can avoid it becoming polarised into a protestant/catholic debate, for we are participating as individuals, whose purpose is to ensure that we are pleasing God, not as representatives of corporate bodies. However, I understand your feelings concerning the name calling that such debates engender.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
With respect when I did keep it focused on the Lords Supper in post #4 and you then tossed me to the side in post #5.

This girl just can't seem to win with you.....Even when the focus is on the Lords Supper. :rolleyes:

Mary

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

With respect when I did keep it focused on the Lords Supper in post #4 and you then tossed me to the side in post #5.

This girl just can't seem to win with you.....Even when the focus is on the Lords Supper. :rolleyes:

Mary
Hello @Marymog,

Forgive me please, if my response #5 gave the impression I was tossing you aside, for that is not the case. I read each of the posts prior to my response, and took in what was said, but chose not to answer them directly: seeking rather to establish what 'eating' 'drinking' meant when applied to the Lord Jesus Christ, which actually was an indirect response to your comment in #4.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Christ

Last edited: