The many errors and contradictions found in Amillennialism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Each of these issues have been presented in threads in various forums by people who believe in Amillennialism. These may or may not be held by every individual of that doctrine.)

Each person who believes in Amillennialism is a good person with good intent regarding scriptural interpretation but Premillennialism very much disagrees with their doctrine, their way of interpretation, and their exegesis of various scriptures. In this list you will see the many problems contained within Amillennialism.

1. Time no longer?

Revelation 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

The "time will stop existing" theory is based on misunderstanding some translations archaic wording. Here "time no longer" simply means there will no longer be a delay before certain events begin to occur not that time somehow actually stops.

Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Scripture never claims that time ends, in fact the eternity is never ending time with a new fruit on the tree of life every month (30 days of time).

Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

World here is AION which is an age or period of time. Usually it speaks of an everlasting period of time. Here the verse not only uses AION but adds "without end" to make clear that time never ends.

Barnes:

“time shall be no longer” - means properly, according to Robinson (Lexicon), “yet, still”; implying:
(1) Duration - as spoken of the present time; of the present in allusion to the past, and, with a negative, no more, no longer;
(2) Implying accession, addition, yet, more, further, besides. According to Buttmann, Grammatical section 149, vol. i. p. 430, it means, when alone, “yet still, yet further; and with a negative, no more, no further.” The particle occurs often in the New Testament, as may be seen in the Concordance. It is more frequently rendered “yet” than by any other word (compare Mat_12:46; Mat_17:5; Mat_19:20; Mat_26:47; Mat_27:63; Mar_5:35; Mar_8:17; Mar_12:6; Mar_14:43 - and so in the other Gospels, the Acts , and the Epistles); in all, 50 times. In the Book of Revelation it is only once rendered “yet,” Revelation_6:11, but is rendered “more” in Revelation_3:12; Revelation_7:16; Revelation_9:12; Revelation_12:8; Revelation_18:21-22 (three times), Revelation_18:23 (twice); Revelation_20:3; Revelation_21:1, Revelation_21:4 (twice); “longer” in Revelation_10:6; “still” in Revelation_22:11 (four times). The usage, therefore, will justify the rendering of the word by “yet,” and in connection with the negative, “not yet” - meaning that the thing referred to would not occur immediately, but would be hereafter. In regard to the general meaning, then, of this passage in its connection, we may remark:
(a) That it cannot mean, literally, that there would be time no longer, or that the world would then come to an end absolutely, for the speaker proceeds to disclose events that would occur after that, extending far into time future Revelation_10:11, and the detail that follows Revelation. 11 before the sounding of the seventh trumpet is such as to occupy a considerable period, and the seventh trumpet is also yet to sound. No fair construction of the language, therefore, would require us to understand this as meaning that the affairs of the world were then to terminate.

Clarke:

That there should be time no longer - That the great counsels relative to the events already predicted should be immediately fulfilled, and that there should be no longer delay.

E.W. Bullinger:

Literally that time shall be no longer. i.e. no more delay in executing final vengeance. See Revelation_6:10, Revelation_6:11.

Other translations:

(ASV) and sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created the heaven and the things that are therein, and the earth and the things that are therein, and the sea and the things that are therein, that there shall be delay no longer:

(BBE) And took his oath by him who is living for ever and ever, who made the heaven and the things in it, and the earth and the things in it, and the sea and the things in it, that there would be no more waiting:

(CEV) He made a promise in the name of God who lives forever and who created heaven, earth, the sea, and every living creature. The angel said, "You won't have to wait any longer.

(Darby) and swore by him that lives to the ages of ages, who created the heaven and the things that are in it, and the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be no longer delay;

(EMTV) and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created the heaven and the things in it, the earth and the things in it, and the sea and the things in it, that there should be no more delay;

(ERV) The angel made a promise by the power of the one who lives forever and ever. He is the one who made the skies and all that is in them. He made the earth and all that is in it, and he made the sea and all that is in it. The angel said, "There will be no more waiting!

(ESV) and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there would be no more delay,

(GNB) and took a vow in the name of God, who lives forever and ever, who created heaven, earth, and the sea, and everything in them. The angel said, "There will be no more delay!

(GW) He swore an oath by the one who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and everything in it, the earth and everything in it, and the sea and everything in it. He said, "There will be no more delay.

(ISV) He swore an oath by the one who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and everything in it, the earth and everything in it, and the sea and everything in it: "There will be no more delay.

(LEB) and swore by the one who lives [forever and ever], who created heaven and the things in it, and the earth and the things in it, and the sea and the things in it, "There will be no more delay!

(TLV) and swore by the One who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, the sea and what is in it, that there would be no more delay.

(TPT) and swore an oath by him who lives for an eternity of eternities, the Creator of heaven and earth and sea and all that is in them: No more delay!

(WEB) and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there will no longer be delay,

(WEBA) and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there will no longer be delay,

(Williams) and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created the heavens and all that they contain, the earth and all that it contains, and the sea and all that it contains, that there should be no more delay,
I agree that the passage, " time no longer" means that there will be no more delay for the return of Christ and rapture, which I believe happens at the 7th Trumpet ( Rev. 11:15).
This passage is explained in the next verse:
There will be no more delay! 7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”
The mystery of God? When every eye sees Him, the mystery will be revealed. We will see His glory face to face. All the world will know that the Messiah is Jesus (including the Jews). But the part of the mystery is also what we will be like, our new resurrected eternal bodies
Time is measured by the rotation of the earth on its axis and around the sun, so after the Millennial Kingdom, when the first earth and heavens (universe) are destroyed (2 Peter 3:10), there will be no sun or moon or darkness, so time will not be measured by them. Eternity must include a different concept of time. The spiritual realm is multi-dimensional, but the future means that things will happen at a later "time" otherwise it doesn't make sense. From one moment to the next to the next will be our measurement of time. No years or reference to a past date will be needed, when you just know. I don't believe history books will be needed - we won't forget. So in our minds the moments will be perfectly remembered in order, no clocks or dates will be needed.

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time is measured by the rotation of the earth on its axis and around the sun, so after the Millennial Kingdom, when the first earth and heavens (universe) are destroyed (2 Peter 3:10), there will be no sun or moon or darkness, so time will not be measured by them.
Peter indicated in 2 Peter 3:10-12 that the first heavens and earth will be burned up unexpectedly upon the arrival of the day of the Lord like a thief in the night. So, you are saying that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night "after the Millennial Kingdom"? Which means you, a Premillennialist, believe that the day of the Lord will come 1000+ years after the return of Christ?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body is the body. The soul is the soul. The spirit is the spirit. Can it be more clear than that?
The body we have now is not the same as the body we will have when our bodies are changed. Do you understand that? You said "You are the one that calls for a spiritual body.". Don't you? Paul indicated that the body like we have now is "sown a natural body" and "raised a spiritual body" (1 Cor 15:44). Do you understand what that means? Probably not. It means the body we have now is natural. It's corruptible and mortal. The body we will have in the future at the last trumpet will be spiritual, incorruptible and immortal.

This "spiritual body" is permanent and incorruptible.
Yes, and we don't have a body like that yet. You understand that, right? I have to ask because I have found that you don't understand much.

The spirit is a light that wraps around the spiritual body.
This is complete nonsense that comes only from your own imagination. I believe no one else in the world would agree with you on this. You make things up all the time that are not taught in scripture anywhere.

You do away with this body, soul, and spirit and invent your own imagined concoction.
How so? You just say things like this and don't even explain what you mean by it. That's pointless.

On the mount of Transfiguration, Jesus showed us the spirit is a light that shines as bright as the sun. The same light blinded Paul on the road to Damascus. The spirit is not a body.
Who said the spirit is a body? Who are you even talking to here? Can't be me since I never said the spirit is a body.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is complete nonsense that comes only from your own imagination. I believe no one else in the world would agree with you on this. You make things up all the time that are not taught in scripture anywhere.
It is in Scripture.

You are right that the church does not teach every single verse in the Bible.

Most Christians are in the rut of accepted theology. Probably only 10% of God's Word, and human understanding. Just because humans do not teach 90% of Scripture, does not mean it is not in the Bible.

Obviously you reject the experience on the mount of Transfiguration. You say it is my own personal addition to God's Word? How did I put those verses in the Bible?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is in Scripture.

You are right that the church does not teach every single verse in the Bible.

Most Christians are in the rut of accepted theology. Probably only 10% of God's Word, and human understanding. Just because humans do not teach 90% of Scripture, does not mean it is not in the Bible.

Obviously you reject the experience on the mount of Transfiguration.
Don't lie about me. I absolutely don't reject that experience. I reject your interpretations of scripture.

You say it is my own personal addition to God's Word? How did I put those verses in the Bible?
Obviously, I'm not denying the existence of those verses in the Bible. I'm denying that you are interpreting them correctly. Are you unable to tell the difference? Do you equate your own words that you use to give your interpretation of scripture with scripture itself? Where exactly does it indicate in the passage about the transfiguration that the spirit of Jesus was wrapped around his body or that the spirits of Moses and Elijah were wrapped around their spiritual bodies are you are claiming? In case you forgot, you said "The spirit is a light that wraps around the spiritual body.". Where is this taught anywhere in scripture?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't lie about me. I absolutely don't reject that experience. I reject your interpretations of scripture.

Obviously, I'm not denying the existence of those verses in the Bible. I'm denying that you are interpreting them correctly. Are you unable to tell the difference? Do you equate your own words that you use to give your interpretation of scripture with scripture itself? Where exactly does it indicate in the passage about the transfiguration that the spirit of Jesus was wrapped around his body or that the spirits of Moses and Elijah were wrapped around their spiritual bodies are you are claiming? In case you forgot, you said "The spirit is a light that wraps around the spiritual body.". Where is this taught anywhere in scripture?
What do you think caused the light as bright as the sun to engulf the body of Jesus?

When Adam lost that covering of light, he realized his nakedness. He no longer saw a light. He saw his naked physical body. Jesus showed the disciples that covering of light on the mount of Transfiguration.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
38. Is Revelation 20's locking Satan in the pit something that happened before the 5th trump?

Amillennialism sometimes teaches that Satan was locked in the pit before the 5th trump and then is released during the sounding of the 5th trump and that event of being released is what is happening in Revelation 20:7 but is that correct? No.

Satan cannot have been locked in the pit before the 5th trump because Revelation 12 covers time from Christ's birth all the way until Satan starts the great tribulation and he was not locked in the pit anywhere in that chapter or timeframe. He is fully free and outside of the pit between the birth of Christ and the starting of the Great Tribulation. Furthermore, we know Satan is still not locked in the pit during the Great Tribulation because of what he is doing in Revelation 13 plus he is still not locked in the pit during the vials of wrath because of this verse:

Revelation 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Revelation 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Revelation 12 and this proves satan was not locked in the pit between the birth of Christ and the battle of Armageddon.

That is fully in line with Premillennialism which teaches that Satan is only locked in the pit after the defeat at Armageddon, and that battle happens at the second coming. So, Satan locked in the pit for a thousand years can only happen after the Great Tribulation has ended and after Armageddon's battle is concluded.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
38. Is Revelation 20's locking Satan in the pit something that happened before the 5th trump?

Amillennialism sometimes teaches that Satan was locked in the pit before the 5th trump and then is released during the sounding of the 5th trump and that event of being released is what is happening in Revelation 20:7 but is that correct? No.

Satan cannot have been locked in the pit before the 5th trump because Revelation 12 covers time from Christ's birth all the way until Satan starts the great tribulation and he was not locked in the pit anywhere in that chapter or timeframe. He is fully free and outside of the pit between the birth of Christ and the starting of the Great Tribulation. Furthermore, we know Satan is still not locked in the pit during the Great Tribulation because of what he is doing in Revelation 13 plus he is still not locked in the pit during the vials of wrath because of this verse:

Revelation 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Revelation 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Revelation 12 and this proves satan was not locked in the pit between the birth of Christ and the battle of Armageddon.

That is fully in line with Premillennialism which teaches that Satan is only locked in the pit after the defeat at Armageddon, and that battle happens at the second coming. So, Satan locked in the pit for a thousand years can only happen after the Great Tribulation has ended and after Armageddon's battle is concluded.

You are trying to refute Amil with your mistaken view of Rev 12. That is folly!

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
39. Christ never sets foot on the Earth at the second coming?

Sometimes Amillennialism denies Christ sets foot on the Earth at the second coming yet we are told the opposite:

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

The redeemer is Christ and he shall stand upon the Earth in the latter day.

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Christ was on the Earth when he ascended into heaven so this verse promises he will return the same way which means he will step upon the Earth again after he returns.

Reactions: Randy Kluth

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sometimes Amillennialism denies Christ sets foot on the Earth at the second coming yet we are told the opposite:

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Christ was on the Earth when he ascended into heaven so this verse promises he will return the same way which means he will step upon the Earth again after he returns.

Yes. It a new perfect glorified earth Jesus is coming to. Not some sinful repeat of our age, blighted with the wicked and wickedness, dying and crying, decay and disease, Satan and his demons.

The Premillennialist frequently advances Acts 1:9-11 as supposed proof that Christ is returning to this earth and particularly the city of Jerusalem at His Second Advent. Then, they say, He will sit upon the physical throne of David and set up a temporal kingdom for one thousand years. They passionately argue such, and promote this passage as their New Testament evidence, as if it somehow reads, ‘this same Jesus, which is taken up from the EARTH, shall so come in like manner to the EARTH’. To be fair, the passage before us (if not carefully read) is the only passage in the whole of the New Testament that could in any way be interpreted to suggest such an idea. Notwithstanding, a correct study of this familiar passage will undoubtedly show that there is absolutely NO indication in the wording of the passage or in the sense of narrative that Christ is actual returning to natural Jerusalem for the purpose of setting up a physical earthly kingdom. Moreover, this old sin-cursed earth and the physical city of Jerusalem below was not remotely the spotlight of the story in Acts 1:9-11 or the focal point of the disciples’ attention, rather, the whole emphasis of this narrative is assuredly heaven – where Christ was immediately bound.

Many theologians wrongly focus upon the actual location from where Christ ascended in Acts 1:9-11 instead of the destiny to where He was going. They imply that this all goes to prove that Christ is returning to the earth and more specifically to the Mount of Olives at His Second coming. However, this thought was not the import of the angels message in this reading.

It would help if you would actually read what you are presenting as evidence before presenting it. Your texts say the opposite to what it stated. You are looking to the wrong Jerusalem. Acts 1 does not say that Jesus returns to the exact same spot on earth that we departed. It says it is the actual “manner” or tropos (meaning style or mode) of His glorious ascent into heaven is the way He will return. He ascended up in a cloud into heaven; He will descend in a cloud when He comes.

The Premillennialist frequently advances Acts 1:9-11 as supposed support for their assumption that Christ is returning to this earth at His Second Advent, where they say, He will set up an earthly kingdom for one thousand years. They passionately argue such and promote this passage as if it somehow reads, ‘this same Jesus, which is taken up from the earth, shall so come in like manner to the earth’. However, this is not what the passage says or is it the meaning of narrative, neither is it the focal point of the disciples’ attention. Rather, the whole emphasis of this narrative is directed toward heaven – where Christ was unquestionable bound – not this old sin-cursed earth below.

The narrative says, “while they (the disciples) beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”

We therefore see, in this much-misinterpreted passage, that heaven and not earth, is the focus of the disciples’ attention; heaven being mentioned here four times, earth, Jerusalem and/or the Mount of Olives not once. This narrative clearly shows how the disciples were looking up towards heaven not down towards earth. That is why the angels asked the disciples, “why stand ye gazing up into heaven?” Moreover, the angels’ instruction, which followed their enquiry concerning this significant incident, is totally concentrated upon the manner that Christ went up into heaven. The angels taught: “this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are trying to refute Amil with your mistaken view of Rev 12. That is folly!
Every single one of the supposed errors and contradictions in Amil that he has posted in this thread are supported by extremely weak arguments. You'd think if someone wanted to create a thread like this that they would have strong arguments to support their claims and that they would be able to ably respond to any challenges to their claims, but that is not the case here.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That was written before Christ's first coming and "the latter day" is likely a reference to the same thing as "the last days" and "the last time" referenced in passages like Acts 2:16-21 and 1 John 2:18. And those passages indicated that the last days or last time had started already at the first coming of Christ.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

But, even if that was talking about Jesus standing on the earth in the future, it would be the renewed (new) earth and not the earth as we know it.

You are butchering this verse terribly. In no way, shape or form does coming in like manner mean coming back to the same location. What was the manner in which Jesus left to go up to heaven? It was bodily and visibly. In what manner will He descend from heaven? The same as how He ascended: bodily and visibly. That's all the verse is saying. Only doctrinal bias could lead someone to try to turn coming in like manner into coming back to the same location.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are butchering this verse terribly.

No, your poor reading skills is the only butchering.

In no way, shape or form does coming in like manner mean coming back to the same location.

Only doctrinal bias could lead someone to try to turn coming in like manner into coming back to the same location.

I never said anything about "same location". He rose up from the Earth, and will descend back down to the Earth.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every single one of the supposed errors and contradictions in Amil that he has posted in this thread are supported by extremely weak arguments. You'd think if someone wanted to create a thread like this that they would have strong arguments to support their claims and that they would be able to ably respond to any challenges to their claims, but that is not the case here.

If it appears weak to you that Premills offer up an opposing view to Amill, then it is what it is. We stand or fall before our own Master. You seem hostile and conspiratorial. That doesn't speak well of a doctrine you're trying to argue for.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every single doctrine in the Bible is designed to get us to abide in the *love* of God! When our doctrines lose any sense of "love," we need to reevaluate. When we begin to feel insulted that others "preach" love and view that as "ad hominem attacks" we need to check our spirit to see if we haven't gotten off of the straight and narrow. Just my view...

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
AMill is very simply and totally refuted but just reading Revelation 20:1-7
The thousand year period to come after Jesus has Returned and made Satan incapable of any further deceiving of people, is plainly stated. Making those Prophesies mean anything other than what the clearly say, is gross error.

There are other proofs of this wonderful time of Jesus reigning as King, from Jerusalem. Like Zechariah 14:16-21 It is what will happen.

I would suggest to those who do believe that we are in the Millennium now and when Jesus Returns, He will totally destroy the heavens and earth; to keep those ideas to themselves. as promoting them may mean a loss for them.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said anything about "same location". He rose up from the Earth, and will descend back down to the Earth.
It doesn't say that either. It says He will descend from heaven in the same manner that He ascended to heaven. How does the manner of His ascension have anything to do with the location of His descent? It doesn't. The location of where He is going after descending from heaven has nothing to do with Acts 1:11. If He was coming down to the earth then what is the point of meeting Him "in the air" (1 Thess 4:14-17)?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it appears weak to you that Premills offer up an opposing view to Amill, then it is what it is. We stand or fall before our own Master. You seem hostile and conspiratorial. That doesn't speak well of a doctrine you're trying to argue for.
Have you read ewq1938's posts, Randy? He is as hostile as they come. But, there's not a peep from you about that. Interesting.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible doctrine is not formed out of just one passage. You have to be very naive to believe that.

The thousand year period to come after Jesus has Returned and made Satan incapable of any further deceiving of people, is plainly stated. Making those Prophesies mean anything other than what the clearly say, is gross error.
LOL. Do you stick to your hyper-literal approach to interpreting Revelation 20 in Revelation 19 as well? Should we believe that Jesus will literally come down from heaven while literally riding on a white horse? Should we believe that there will be a literal sword coming out of His mouth that He uses to slay His enemies? I mean, that is what it clearly says, so that must be the case, right?

There are other proofs of this wonderful time of Jesus reigning as King, from Jerusalem. Like Zechariah 14:16-21 It is what will happen.
No, it is not what will happen. Any doctrine that comes to the conclusion that animal sacrifices will be reinstated, which is what a literal, futuristic interpretation of Zechariah 14:16-21 implies, is clearly ignorant of what is taught in Hebrews 8-10 and of what Christ accomplished on the cross.

I would suggest to those who do believe that we are in the Millennium now and when Jesus Returns, He will totally destroy the heavens and earth; to keep those ideas to themselves. as promoting them may mean a loss for them.
That's not going to happen. The amillennialist view is true and has overwhelming support from scripture. You are the one who should be concerned about a loss because of your false teaching.

Reactions: covenantee

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Imagine having the right order of every single blow, so to speak, in the prophetic narrative. So what? I'm certain the devils who have studied the scriptures for longer have more accuracy regarding unfolding events than men do......but what good is it to them?

I can imagine they (the devils) pit men against men on this very matter....why? because the confusion and destruction of men is their objective.

Let's say we take a child with alcohol fetal syndrome whose cognitive ability is so impaired they are flat out wiping their own backside....what do we do with them in the arena of Salvation? and there are many other examples.

It begs the question.....if having the prophecies down pat, ie knowing the order and nature of prophetic events does not contribute to Salvation, then what does?

Prioritising ones knowledge is critical. One can easily bark at a misplaced object.

As interesting and as important as prophecies are they are not designed to take the focus off the main event.

The incarnation is a once in the lifetime of the world event (I would even dare to say, once in the history of the Cosmos)
Understanding and unpacking the weightiness of this eclipses all else......and incidentally, it is this very thing the devil seeks to obscure....and that through well meaning, enthusiastic, educated Christians.

Prophecies come ....and go but the Resurrected Jesus remains eternally.......here in is the point of focus, the wonder where all energy being spent has exceeding value.

Last edited: