The many errors and contradictions found in Amillennialism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct.

Paul said it this way:
1 Cor. 2[4] And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but [rather] in the power of God.
[6] Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
[7] But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Mark 4[25] For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.
So then, one must figure out what it is that one must HAVE and then listen to, and forego all the trash of "church-ianity".
Clue: Romans 8:9.

There are many Christians that do HAVE the Holy Spirit, but they ARE NOT listening to Him.
Instead of "hitting the books" of their scholarly bible knowledge, they should be getting back to John 16:13.
Well said.

Agreed.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So disobedience to God isn't sin eh?

Do you see how the scripture gets twisted to?

1 John 3:4
Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."

There was one law, and Adam broke that law. But it was not sin. Sin only entered after Adam disobeyed God. Sin is not imputed where there is no law. On the flip side, disobedience is not sin, when there is no sin in the world.

During the Millennium Death is breaking the Law, not sin. Sin is not in the world. Only Death and Death will happen when a law is broken. Without sin, it will not be natural to break the law. It will be unnatural. People who claim there is no free will should understand that point at least. Yet they tend to argue we have no choice, but to sin, but if there is no sin, there is certainly no choice to sin. There is a choice to break a law, but it will go against one's nature to break a law. But instead of bringing sin into the world like Adam did, breaking a law will only be Death, just like what happened to Adam. Except Adam was given grace to keep living. A law breaker will be removed from life, so as to not keep living against nature.

That is also pointed out in Isaiah 65.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you didn't say that you were guessing

I believe that they are bound with satan my point is if revelation is literal why would it not mention them?

I've already answered that.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16. Revelation 9-11 vs. Revelation 20. Is satan in control of Jerusalem or not?

Amillennialism sometimes claims satan is being released from the pit in Revelation 9. It is claimed satan's release from the pit in Revelation 20 is a "parallel". The problem is that after the Revelation 9 releasing satan goes on to kill two of God's prophets in Jerusalem and beheads an unknown amount of Christians but in Revelation 20 he is only able to surround the city with army before being the army is destroyed. Satan and his army kill no one let alone leaving dead bodies in the streets of Jerusalem! His army never even enters the city in Revelation 20!

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amillennialism sometimes claims satan being released in Revelation 9 is the same exact event of satan being released in Revelation 20 yet after the Revelation 9 releasing satan goes on to kill two of God's prophets in Jerusalem and beheads an unknown amount of Christians but in Revelation 20 he is only able to surround the city before being destroyed, killing no one let alone leaving two dead bodies in the streets of New Jerusalem! He never makes it into the city in Revelation 20!
We'll have to start taking notes of what you claim in order to keep you honest.

You claim some of Revelation is literal, and some of it is not.

Today, you're claiming all these things are literal. I'm pretty sure tomorrow your story will be a little different based on some question that somebody challenges you with between now and then.

Revelation = the potter's clay for those who like to get messy with Scripture. Today it's an earthen bowl, tomorrow it's a bed pan.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We'll have to start taking notes of what you claim in order to keep you honest.

You claim some of Revelation is literal, and some of it is not.

Today, you're claiming all these things are literal.

Not everything. My position hasn't changed at all. You are just inventing strawman fallacies.

1. Some of Revelation is literal, and some of it is not.
2. Some of Revelation is Chronological, and some of it is not.

These are facts.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everything. My position hasn't changed at all. You are just inventing strawman fallacies.

1. Some of Revelation is literal, and some of it is not.
2. Some of Revelation is Chronological, and some of it is not.

These are facts.
Trust me, I don't have to invent anything.

You guys cause yourselves enough trouble on your own.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust me, I don't have to invent anything.

You guys cause yourselves enough trouble on your own.

You invented it all. You are just making empty claims and immature insults. Amillennialists just don't like seeing their doctrine exposed like I'm doing in this thread. Most react just like you are.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not one verse supports Amillennialism. Amillennialism is a Jesuit Roman Catholic invention designed to distance the Church and Popes from the antichrist so they also invented Preterism to make the claim that the Great Tribulation and antichrist were of the past.

The earliest identified Amillennialist was a presbyter in Rome in the third century, named Gaius, who also opposed the canonization of the book of Revelation. No surprise Amillennialism would not want Revelation canonized since it is that book which speaks so much about the thousand years and proves Amillennialism wrong with the whole two days of judgment and two separate resurrections in Revelation 20. Amillennialism came out of the Roman Catholic Church.

After that, the Alexandrian school gave rise to several Amillennialists in the mid-third century, with its emphasis on allegorical and spiritual hermeneutics.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You invented it all. You are just making empty claims and immature insults. Amillennialists just don't like seeing their doctrine exposed like I'm doing in this thread. Most react just like you are.
On the contrary.

We like getting as much exposure as possible for Amillennialism. Nobody's gonna see/hear about it anywhere else, that's for sure. No churches, or mainstream Christian sources teach it, or ever talk about it, because they don't want anybody seeing how much more sense it makes than Pre-Mil nutty-ness.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We like getting as much exposure as possible for Amillennialism.

Great, I'll keep letting them know how awfully constructed that doctrine is. Just from this thread I got two new additions to the list :)

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amillennialism sometimes claims satan being released in Revelation 9 is the same exact event of satan being released in Revelation 20 yet after the Revelation 9 releasing satan goes on to kill two of God's prophets in Jerusalem and beheads an unknown amount of Christians but in Revelation 20 he is only able to surround the city before being destroyed, killing no one let alone leaving two dead bodies in the streets of New Jerusalem! He never makes it into the city in Revelation 20!

I don’t believe that they are the same time at all

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe that they are the same time at all

Good. All these were expressed by at least one person who were Amillennial. Many were expressed by more than one and some is universal to most Amills.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not one verse supports Amillennialism. Amillennialism is a Jesuit Roman Catholic invention designed to distance the Church and Popes from the antichrist so they also invented Preterism to make the claim that the Great Tribulation and antichrist were of the past.

The earliest identified Amillennialist was a presbyter in Rome in the third century, named Gaius, who also opposed the canonization of the book of Revelation. No surprise Amillennialism would not want Revelation canonized since it is that book which speaks so much about the thousand years and proves Amillennialism wrong with the whole two days of judgment and two separate resurrections in Revelation 20. Amillennialism came out of the Roman Catholic Church.

After that, the Alexandrian school gave rise to several Amillennialists in the mid-third century, with its emphasis on allegorical and spiritual hermeneutics.
Debunked.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great. I'll add that to my growing list since it is impossible. Neither John the Baptist nor Jesus did not lie dead in the streets of Jerusalem for 3.5 days! They were both buried the day they died! Where do you guys get these weird beliefs? Now you know how the list came to be.
Reading the book of Revelation verbatim, and attempting to interpret it through the natural mind, is the worst mistake that anyone can do for understanding God the Father's prophecy, given to His Son, given to the angel, to give to John.
KJV Revelation 1:1.

Isaiah 55:8-9, Zechariah 4:6 and John 16:13 clearly explains by what source (mind) we should be using.
Matt.25[29] For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Iows, many have the Holy Spirit, the mind of Christ, but they are NOT listening to Him. They would much rather trust in their doctrines of men, allowing their faith to stand in the wisdom of men, of which we are warned about.
1Cor.2[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Jesus gave us the clue, but not many give heed to it.
Matt.11[15] He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
How does your faith stand, and by whom?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17. Does God destroy 1/10th of New Jerusalem?

Amillennialism sometimes teaches the Jerusalem of Revelation 11 is New Jerusalem because they think the events seen in Revelation 9 (the pit being opened etc) are happening at the same timeframe of Revelation 20. The events seen in Revelation 9 happen in the 5th trumpet, which is before the events of the Great Tribulation. The events of Revelation 20 (the pit being locked) happens after the Great Tribulation has ended. Nothing is being released at that time because it had been open since the 5th trumpet. Satan will be cast into the pit and the pit will be locked for one thousand years. The destruction of 1/10th of Jerusalem is old Jerusalem not New Jerusalem since the damage to the city in Revelation 11 takes place within the 6th trumpet. It therefore cannot be New Jerusalem which descends after the Great White Throne Judgement (GWTJ) is over, Revelation 21.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amillennialism sometimes teaches the Jerusalem of Revelation 11 is New Jerusalem because they think the events seen in Revelation 9 (the pit being opened etc) are happening at the same timeframe of Revelation 20. The events seen in Revelation 9 happen in the 5th trumpet, which is before the events of the Great Tribulation. The events of Revelation 20 (the pit being locked) happens after the Great Tribulation has ended. Nothing is being released at that time because it had been open since the 5th trumpet. Satan will be cast into the pit and the pit will be locked for one thousand years. The destruction of 1/10th of Jerusalem is old Jerusalem not New Jerusalem since the damage to the city in Revelation 11 takes place within the 6th trumpet. It therefore cannot be New Jerusalem which descends after the Great White Throne Judgement (GWTJ) is over, Revelation 21.
If you have accepted the truth of Isaiah 55:8-9 and Revelation 1:1, then you should understand that when God the Father speaks prophetic words, He is speaking in the past, present and future, ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
Our myopic, linear thinking, natural minds cannot do that. Hence the reason of WHY God gives to His Saints His Holy Spirit to dwell within them. It's THE only way that we can discern, comprehend and understand "His thoughts" (words) and "His ways" (meanings). Zechariah 4:6.
Therefore the words of Revelation are not to be interpreted or understood in a chronological, linear order.
Revelation is written in much the same way that the Gospels intertwine and overlace each other, revealing duplicated concepts, but from different perspectives.

So then, do you agree with Paul, that we who are Born again of His Holy Spirit, actually do have the Mind of Christ? 1 Corinthians 2:5-16.
If so, then do that which He recommends for all of His Saints:
John.16[13] Howbeit when he, the [Holy] Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into ALL truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: GEN2REV

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I don’t think this at all who thinks these things?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's not "what" is new Heavenly Jerusalem, but rather "who" is new Heavenly Jerusalem?
Clue: 2Cor.5[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature [creation]: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Gal.4[26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Have you not yet studied all of Galatians 4?

In all of NT scripture, there are only two "mothers", that are prophetically spoken of. One "is fallen".
And now you can know which one is NOW being "safely inhabited".
Zech.14[11] And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

Back to Isaiah 55:8-9 and John 16:13.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's not "what" is new Heavenly Jerusalem, but rather "who" is new Heavenly Jerusalem?
Clue: 2Cor.5[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature [creation]: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Gal.4[26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Have you not yet studied all of Galatians 4?

In all of NT scripture, there are only two "mothers", that are prophetically spoken of. One "is fallen".
And now you can know which one is NOW being "safely inhabited".
Zech.14[11] And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

Back to Isaiah 55:8-9 and John 16:13.

Yes the new Jerusalem is the church

Revelation 21:2 & 9-10
2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bridebeautifully dressed for her husband

9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God