The many errors and contradictions found in Amillennialism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the angel had only one great chain.

Not all need to be chained like that.

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

We know the fallen angels go into the lake of fire too but it isn't mentioned. Not everything needs a mention.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not all need to be chained like that.

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

We know the fallen angels go into the lake of fire too but it isn't mentioned. Not everything needs a mention.

But why would satan need to be chained up and not the others?

Why does verse 7 say that only satan is released and not the demons?

Do you see that futurist have to keep adding to the scriptures for their interpretations?

Reactions: GEN2REV

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

satan is different than any other angel plus maybe they were also by unmentioned angels.

Maybe they are not released.

Do you see that futurist have to keep adding to the scriptures for their interpretations?

I haven't added anything.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't say that in Genesis.
Edit:
I think you got your theory mixed up.
Jesus CAME FROM eternity, Adam did not.

For the Eternal Christ, that was the actual case.
Heb.10[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
I did not say the soul always existed. I said it never dies. There is a difference. You are not your body nor your spirit. You are the soul. What is dead and can die, is your physical body and your spirit.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

I'm curious.

Doesn't Pre-Mil sell the idea that people will be mortal throughout the Millennium? That they'll be having sex, making babies, sinning, etc.? Isn't a pillar of the concept that the devil will be released to tempt many to sin, and fall, in the end? And if they are doing all these mortal acts, how are they able to live and reign for a thousand years anyway?

That doesn't follow very critical, and well-known, verses of Scripture to the contrary.

What gives?
I guess you missed the part that nothing died on earth prior to Adam's disobedience. That was the first Lord's Day. Nothing died for 1030 years after creation week. But since you deny The Last Lord's Day, you will deny all the truth of Scripture, when it deals with creation and time.

There is no sin, neither death and decay from sin. There are no mortals on earth as that indicates a dead corruptible physical body. None of Adam's flesh and blood live past Armageddon or the 7th Trumpet. That is the end of Daniel's 70 week given to Israel, not the NT church.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Would it have made a difference if God had pulled Satan out of the LOF after the 1,000 years? You are not questioning anything about Satan, just the time factor.

You all add to the Scripture by declaring sin during the 1,000 years. Where is sin mentioned in Revelation 20?

Why is it not sufficient that Satan is bound for 1,000 years after the Second Coming? Why do amil question God's Word so much?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You added the demons to the binding

I was only guessing since they aren't mentioned. You implied they were not bound, so you added to the text according to your own accusation of such.

The fallen angels go where satan does, ultimately to the lake of fire even if Revelation doesn't mention it.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great. I'll add that to my growing list since it is impossible. Neither John the Baptist nor Jesus did not lie dead in the streets of Jerusalem for 3.5 days! They were both buried the day they died! Where do you guys get these weird beliefs? Now you know how the list came to be.
Jesus is NOT dead, and neither is John the Baptist.
For Jesus, I should not have to explain, but as for John, by many neglecting God's Holy Spirit for guidance, they are ignorant* about him and where he is now.

Aside from Jesus, who He Himself is the most "least in the KoG", Jesus said:
Matt.11[11] Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist:
notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
*Isaiah 55:8-9
*Zechariah 4:6
Both were born of and with ("anointed by") God's Holy Spirit. Zechariah 4:11-14
Luke.1[15] For he [John] shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Luke.1[31] And, behold, thou [Mary] shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

[41] And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
[42] And she [Elisabeth] spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
[44] For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe [John] leaped in my womb for joy.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't Pre-Mil sell the idea that people will be mortal throughout the Millennium?
The unsaved are.
That doesn't add up to Scripture because when we see Christ we will be like Him. Incorruptible. Remember?
1 John 3:2

FAIL!
Isn't a pillar of the concept that the devil will be released to tempt many to sin, and fall, in the end?
That's in all of our bibles. Why pretend it's not?
The saved, at least, are un-temptable - in incorruptible bodies. The unsaved should be as well since they "see" Christ. 1 John 3:2 But just for the sake of argument, say the saved are immune to the devil's tempting, that means the unsaved, who are ruled by "the rod of iron ... over everything they do", who couldn't get it right in their first life upon the earth, will now be abandoned by Christ to see if the devil leads them astray from the Truth ... again - just as he accomplished in their previous life upon the earth before Christ returned?

Just doesn't track at all.

FAIL!
You are mostly confused about what Premillennialism believes and are in denial that this verse applies to Amillennialism too:

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
I'm confused?

You're confused about when this takes place is all. And it takes place prior to Christ's return - just as the harmony of Scripture as a whole makes clear.

FAIL!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you missed the part that nothing died on earth prior to Adam's disobedience. That was the first Lord's Day. Nothing died for 1030 years after creation week. But since you deny The Last Lord's Day, you will deny all the truth of Scripture, when it deals with creation and time.

There is no sin, neither death and decay from sin. There are no mortals on earth as that indicates a dead corruptible physical body. None of Adam's flesh and blood live past Armageddon or the 7th Trumpet. That is the end of Daniel's 70 week given to Israel, not the NT church.
The Day of the Lord is the Wrath of God that takes place immediately after the return of Christ.

The Lord's Day is mentioned one time in Scripture. Revelation 1:10 It is defined clearly in the only verse in the Bible that uses a similar phrase from God Himself in Isaiah 58:13 which makes clear that it is referring to the Sabbath 24-hour period.

The very foundation of your theory there is kaput.

"Do not pass Go and do not collect $200."

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the angel had only one great chain.
But wait ... that's only symbolic.

But wait ... the rest of Rev. 20 is literal.

But wait ...

But wait ...

One of the funniest (craziest?) things I've learned about Pre-Mils is that they refuse to admit that Rev. is symbolic, non-literal, non-linear, but when it suits them, they will claim it is symbolic here, but not there. And over here, but not this part here.

Revelation, with its thoroughly symbolic, visionary, nature is the perfect block of clay for heretics to mold into anything they want it to say. The book has significance, obviously as God's Word, and it is all true, but it must be aligned with other Scripture to find its True meaning. That's the part they refuse to adhere to because it takes away their freedom to mold it into anything they like.

They make an entire doctrine out of one chapter of Rev. that not only doesn't align with Scripture elsewhere, but it doesn't align with the rest of the book itself.

Go figure.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Would it have made a difference if God had pulled Satan out of the LOF after the 1,000 years? You are not questioning anything about Satan, just the time factor.

You all add to the Scripture by declaring sin during the 1,000 years. Where is sin mentioned in Revelation 20?

Why is it not sufficient that Satan is bound for 1,000 years after the Second Coming? Why do amil question God's Word so much?

If there is no sin then how come there is death?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was only guessing since they aren't mentioned. You implied they were not bound, so you added to the text according to your own accusation of such.

The fallen angels go where satan does, ultimately to the lake of fire even if Revelation doesn't mention it.

Well you didn't say that you were guessing

I believe that they are bound with satan my point is if revelation is literal why would it not mention them?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Day of the Lord is the Wrath of God that takes place immediately after the return of Christ.

The Lord's Day is mentioned one time in Scripture. Revelation 1:10 It is defined clearly in the only verse in the Bible that uses a similar phrase from God Himself in Isaiah 58:13 which makes clear that it is referring to the Sabbath 24-hour period.

The very foundation of your theory there is kaput.

"Do not pass Go and do not collect $200."
Your interpretation is what is torpedoed. You are being too exact. The Day of the Lord, the day with the Lord, the Lord's day, day of Adonai, and even the day of the Lord's wrath, are all time periods, and certainly not 24 hour periods, either.

Your foundation claims a 24 hour period, and you have not a shred of Scriptural evidence any where to back up 24 hours. If that were the case those 6 times in Revelation 20 should be stated as 24 hours instead of 1,000 years. How are you going to prove Revelation 20 is literally only a 24 hour day, instead of 1,000 years?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is no sin then how come there is death?
Because death is the result of disobedience, not sin. When Adam disobeyed God, he died, and brought sin into the world. Disobedience in the Millennium is instant Death, but sin will not be allowed to enter. Sin is defeated at the Second Coming with the end of Daniel's 70th week. Death will be the last enemy defeated at the end of the 1,000 years. Then after those rebels are consumed by fire, that will be the end of Death. That is the order Paul gave in 1 Corinthians 15:22-28

Well you didn't say that you were guessing

I believe that they are bound with satan my point is if revelation is literal why would it not mention them?

John did not write down every single detail. He even wrote using symbolic terms. Yet many reject what John did write down about what he was a witness to.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because death is the result of disobedience, not sin. When Adam disobeyed God, he died, and brought sin into the world. Disobedience in the Millennium is instant Death, but sin will not be allowed to enter. Sin is defeated at the Second Coming with the end of Daniel's 70th week. Death will be the last enemy defeated at the end of the 1,000 years. Then after those rebels are consumed by fire, that will be the end of Death. That is the order Paul gave in 1 Corinthians 15:22-28

So disobedience to God isn't sin eh?

Do you see how the scripture gets twisted to?

1 John 3:4
Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We only question what man has made of God's Word; with no support from the rest of God's Word.

This thread is loaded with irony from its OP to all those perpetuating Pre-Mil here.
Correct.

Paul said it this way:
1 Cor. 2[4] And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but [rather] in the power of God.
[6] Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
[7] But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Mark 4[25] For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.
So then, one must figure out what it is that one must HAVE and then listen to, and forego all the trash of "church-ianity".
Clue: Romans 8:9.

There are many Christians that do HAVE the Holy Spirit, but they ARE NOT listening to Him.
Instead of "hitting the books" of their scholarly bible knowledge, they should be getting back to John 16:13.

Reactions: GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your interpretation is what is torpedoed. You are being too exact. The Day of the Lord, the day with the Lord, the Lord's day, day of Adonai, and even the day of the Lord's wrath, are all time periods, and certainly not 24 hour periods, either.

Your foundation claims a 24 hour period, and you have not a shred of Scriptural evidence any where to back up 24 hours. If that were the case those 6 times in Revelation 20 should be stated as 24 hours instead of 1,000 years. How are you going to prove Revelation 20 is literally only a 24 hour day, instead of 1,000 years?
I wouldn't even waste my time.

You're not here to reason or discuss anything.

You're here to distract, dissuade, detour and disinform.