The many errors and contradictions found in Amillennialism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you not born again of His Holy Spirit?
Surely you do know that our resurrection into His likeness, is a two stage process. First spiritually now, and then secondly into His immortality upon His second appearance from Heaven!

If you are Born again, then you should agree with His Life/Mind that is now within you, as a "partaker of the divine nature", being that of His resurrection, who is the **Firstborn from the dead. 2 Peter 1:4, Colossians 1:18.
John.3[6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Gal.2[20] I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
1Cor.2[16] For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
2Cor.5

[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature [creation]: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Rev.20
[6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part [now] in the [His] **first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
> The words "hath part" is in the present tense, and is synonomous with Jesus' resurrection, who IS THE First!
2Cor.5[20] Now then we are ambassadors for Christ [now], as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Rom.8[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

By the way, "ambassadors" reign with a king who is in the authority of his kingdom.
We are being sent out to preach the gospel, to all people who are in the kingdoms of this world.

Since His resurrection, Jesus is both the King and the authority of the KoG, which is at this moment still acting in behalf of the Age of God's Grace.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you not born again of His Holy Spirit?
Surely you do know that our resurrection into His likeness, is a two stage process. First spiritually now, and then secondly into His immortality upon His second appearance from Heaven!
Being born again of the Spirit is not the first physical resurrection. The first physical resurrection happens when the soul leaves this body behind and enters the permanent incorruptible physical body from God in Paradise.

Being spiritual born of the Spirit is the second birth. This has nothing to do with the first birth, the first death, and the first resurrection.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again of the Spirit is not the first physical resurrection. The first physical resurrection happens when the soul leaves this body behind and enters the permanent incorruptible physical body from God in Paradise.

Being spiritual born of the Spirit is the second birth. This has nothing to do with the first birth, the first death, and the first resurrection.
1st fundamental:
Gen.2[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life [oxygenated air]; and man became a living soul.
> In other words, Adam, as well as all AIR breathing flesh, didn't get or receive a living soul.
See also KJV- Genesis 6:17, 7:15, 22.

2nd fundamental:
1Cor.15[45] And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [Jesus] was made a quickening [life giving] spirit [aka Holy Spirit].

3rd fundamental:
John.14[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and WE will come unto him, and make OUR abode with him.
> Both God the Father and God the Son, are together the Holy Spirit.

4th fundamental:
Rom.8[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ,
he is NONE of his

5th fundamental:
John.3[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1st fundamental:
Gen.2[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life [oxygenated air]; and man became a living soul.
> In other words, Adam, as well as all AIR breathing flesh, didn't get or receive a living soul.
See also KJV- Genesis 6:17, 7:15, 22.

2nd fundamental:
1Cor.15[45] And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [Jesus] was made a quickening [life giving] spirit [aka Holy Spirit].

3rd fundamental:
John.14[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and WE will come unto him, and make OUR abode with him.
> Both God the Father and God the Son, are together the Holy Spirit.

4th fundamental:
Rom.8[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ,
he is NONE of his

5th fundamental:
John.3[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
The soul and spirit was given a God created physical body.

You are not even in the image created on the 6th day in Genesis 1 or 2. You are a copy of Adam's dead corruptible flesh. You are in Adam's fallen sin nature image. Genesis 5:3

"And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:"

You are a descendant of Seth via Noah and Noah's 3 sons.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The soul and spirit was given a God created physical body.

You are not even in the image created on the 6th day in Genesis 1 or 2. You are a copy of Adam's dead corruptible flesh. You are in Adam's fallen sin nature image. Genesis 5:3

"And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:"

You are a descendant of Seth via Noah and Noah's 3 sons.
Are you saying that God created Adam from the dirt, and then filled him with Eternal life, by giving him an Eternally living soul?
As I have previously shown, I strongly disagree.

Originally, through the "seed" of Adam, we are all decendants of him, having no eternal existence of any kind.
Everything that God created, was also GIVEN "seed(s)" for the continuation of each species after it's likeness. Genesis 1:11

Gen.4[25] And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
> "Another seed" does not mean other seed, or different seed, but rather the same likeness of seed, thereby producing the same in likeness to Abel, but a different entity, who Eve named Seth.

The bottom line is we all "came to be a living soul" by way of the "seed" of Adam, requiring oxygenated air, so that we can keep on living as "a living soul", until God's judgment of death overcomes* us.

Edit:

* Now you know how it is that we ARE "overcomers" through faith in Jesus. By being born again of His Eternal Holy Spirit, we now have the Gift of His Eternal Life.
1John.5. [13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that God created Adam from the dirt, and then filled him with Eternal life, by giving him an Eternally living soul?
As I have previously shown, I strongly disagree.

Originally, through the "seed" of Adam, we are all decendants of him, having no eternal existence of any kind.
Everything that God created, was also GIVEN "seed(s)" for the continuation of each species after it's likeness. Genesis 1:11

Gen.4[25] And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
> "Another seed" does not mean other seed, or different seed, but rather the same likeness of seed, thereby producing the same in likeness to Abel, but a different entity, who Eve named Seth.

The bottom line is we all "came to be a living soul" by way of the "seed" of Adam, requiring oxygenated air, so that we can keep on living as "a living soul", until God's judgment of death overcomes* us.

Edit:

* Now you know how it is that we ARE "overcomers" through faith in Jesus. By being born again of His Eternal Holy Spirit, we now have the Gift of His Eternal Life.
1John.5. [13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

No, Adam was created a soul, and given a body that came from the earth.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Adam was created a soul, and given a body that came from the earth.
It doesn't say that in Genesis.
Edit:
I think you got your theory mixed up.
Jesus CAME FROM eternity, Adam did not.

For the Eternal Christ, that was the actual case.
Heb.10[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20 presents two resurrections separated by a thousand years.

Not really, and I ain't no Amillennialist.

Per Jesus in John 5:28-29, which IS... about the resurrection on the day of His future return, He showed ALL in the graves will hear His voice and come forth, either to the "resurrection of life", or to the "resurrection of damnation". That means... the wicked dead are raised on that day of His coming also.

So put that bad misunderstanding about the future resurrection to rest, because the wicked dead are raised also to go through the future "thousand years" along with... WHO else that will still be unsaved?

In 1 Corinthians 15:51-53, Apostle Paul said we shall not all sleep, but we ALL... shall be changed, at the twinkling of an eye, on the last trump (i.e., the day of Christ's coming, that time when all in the graves will hear His voice and come forth). That event will INCLUDE the wicked that are still alive on earth when Jesus comes. They will be 'changed' too.

What this means, once one learns the relation between these Scripture described future events, it reveals on the day of Christ's future return, this present world in a flesh body will be OVER. The heavenly instead is going to be revealed upon this earth. Everyone will be in the "spiritual body" type, regardless. The "spiritual body" that Paul taught is... the resurrection type body, and it is a body of that other dimension, the heavenly. Paul also called it the "image of the heavenly" (1 Corinthians 15:49).

This means... the "spiritual body" Paul taught does NOT MEAN AUTOMATIC SALVATION.

The "spiritual body" type is simply a body of that other dimension. Those of the "resurrection of damnation" will have it too, or didn't the Bible student catch the fact that those wicked dead are RESURRECTED too, and that means the "spiritual body" that Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 15?

What IS... the difference between those two TYPES of resurrection, and also those still alive that are changed on the last trump?

One's 'mortal' soul that is still subject to the "second death" is the difference. The wicked will still have mortal souls, what Apostle Paul called "this mortal" in 1 Corinthians 15:53. Their souls will not have put on "immortality" through Faith on Christ Jesus.

Now, once that is understood about the resurrection and change at the twinkling of an eye on the last trump, and it MUST be understood per those Scriptures by Paul, only then can one 'rightly divide' the Revelation 20:5 verse about "the dead" and properly understand it.

The Revelation 20:5 verse about "the dead" means the 'spiritually dead' souls of the wicked and deceived that are either resurrected to the "resurrection of damnation" at Christ's coming, or that are still alive and changed to the spiritual body at the twinkling of an eye on the last trump, at Christ's coming. BOTH resurrections happen at the SAME time.

Those raised wicked dead are NOT literally dead in the ground, which is a FLESH TIME connotation of THIS present flesh world. When Jesus comes and God's consuming fire burns man's works off this earth on that day, it will usher ALL into Christ's Millennium reign as an age of the spiritual body manifesting on earth.

Now, since the mention of a "first resurrection" is given, that automatically implies at least one more resurrection after that one. However, it is IMPORTANT to understand it means another resurrection of THE SAME TYPE. And what TYPE is that "first resurrection"? It is to Salvation through Faith on The Father through Christ Jesus. So must be that second implied resurrection, AFTER the "thousand years".

Thus "the dead" remain SPIRITUALLY dead souls all throughout the "thousand years". And God's Old Testament prophets, it is written in that future time no one will have to ask if they know God, for everyone will know Him, including those spiritually dead. Ezekiel 44 reveals those will stand in judgment in that time. And Christ's elect priests will be allowed to go to the dead, for the sake of a relative.

This is why Lord Jesus showed us in Revelation 3:9 that He will make those of the "synagogue of Satan" to come worship at the feet of His elect saints of the Church of Philadelphia. Those wicked represent the greatest enemies of Christ, i.e., Satan's servants that knowingly worship Lucifer. Those are the greatest example of "the dead" in that future time of Christ's "thousand years" reign with His elect.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really, and I ain't no Amillennialist.

Per Jesus in John 5:28-29, which IS... about the resurrection on the day of His future return, He showed ALL in the graves will hear His voice and come forth, either to the "resurrection of life", or to the "resurrection of damnation". That means... the wicked dead are raised on that day of His coming also.

So put that bad misunderstanding about the future resurrection to rest, because the wicked dead are raised also to go through the future "thousand years" along with... WHO else that will still be unsaved?

In 1 Corinthians 15:51-53, Apostle Paul said we shall not all sleep, but we ALL... shall be changed, at the twinkling of an eye, on the last trump (i.e., the day of Christ's coming, that time when all in the graves will hear His voice and come forth). That event will INCLUDE the wicked that are still alive on earth when Jesus comes. They will be 'changed' too.

What this means, once one learns the relation between these Scripture described future events, it reveals on the day of Christ's future return, this present world in a flesh body will be OVER. The heavenly instead is going to be revealed upon this earth. Everyone will be in the "spiritual body" type, regardless. The "spiritual body" that Paul taught is... the resurrection type body, and it is a body of that other dimension, the heavenly. Paul also called it the "image of the heavenly" (1 Corinthians 15:49).

This means... the "spiritual body" Paul taught does NOT MEAN AUTOMATIC SALVATION.

The "spiritual body" type is simply a body of that other dimension. Those of the "resurrection of damnation" will have it too, or didn't the Bible student catch the fact that those wicked dead are RESURRECTED too, and that means the "spiritual body" that Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 15?

What IS... the difference between those two TYPES of resurrection, and also those still alive that are changed on the last trump?

One's 'mortal' soul that is still subject to the "second death" is the difference. The wicked will still have mortal souls, what Apostle Paul called "this mortal" in 1 Corinthians 15:53. Their souls will not have put on "immortality" through Faith on Christ Jesus.

Now, once that is understood about the resurrection and change at the twinkling of an eye on the last trump, and it MUST be understood per those Scriptures by Paul, only then can one 'rightly divide' the Revelation 20:5 verse about "the dead" and properly understand it.

The Revelation 20:5 verse about "the dead" means the 'spiritually dead' souls of the wicked and deceived that are either resurrected to the "resurrection of damnation" at Christ's coming, or that are still alive and changed to the spiritual body at the twinkling of an eye on the last trump, at Christ's coming. BOTH resurrections happen at the SAME time.

Those raised wicked dead are NOT literally dead in the ground, which is a FLESH TIME connotation of THIS present flesh world. When Jesus comes and God's consuming fire burns man's works off this earth on that day, it will usher ALL into Christ's Millennium reign as an age of the spiritual body manifesting on earth.

Now, since the mention of a "first resurrection" is given, that automatically implies at least one more resurrection after that one. However, it is IMPORTANT to understand it means another resurrection of THE SAME TYPE. And what TYPE is that "first resurrection"? It is to Salvation through Faith on The Father through Christ Jesus. So must be that second implied resurrection, AFTER the "thousand years".

Thus "the dead" remain SPIRITUALLY dead souls all throughout the "thousand years". And God's Old Testament prophets, it is written in that future time no one will have to ask if they know God, for everyone will know Him, including those spiritually dead. Ezekiel 44 reveals those will stand in judgment in that time. And Christ's elect priests will be allowed to go to the dead, for the sake of a relative.

This is why Lord Jesus showed us in Revelation 3:9 that He will make those of the "synagogue of Satan" to come worship at the feet of His elect saints of the Church of Philadelphia. Those wicked represent the greatest enemies of Christ, i.e., Satan's servants that knowingly worship Lucifer. Those are the greatest example of "the dead" in that future time of Christ's "thousand years" reign with His elect.
Davy wrote:
"Not really, and I ain't no Amillennialist."

Earburner's reply:
That's unfortunate that you are not an Amillennialist. The Amillennial interpretation is far less confusing, than what you have shown here.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy wrote:
"Not really, and I ain't no Amillennialist."

Earburner's reply:
That's unfortunate that you are not an Amillennialist. The Amillennial interpretation is far less confusing, than what you have shown here.

I don't know what was posted but Amillennialism is completely made up of confusion and errors. That's what this thread is exposing.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
15. Revelation 11, the two prophets that are slain in Jerusalem represent "the Word of God" and/or "the Spirit of God"?

Some Amillennialists believe the two prophets that are slain in Jerusalem in Revelation 11 represent "the Word of God" and/or "the Spirit of God"?. It doesn't take much to recognize that "the Word of God" and "the Spirit of God" are not killed in Jerusalem by the beast nor do they have bodies that lie in the street for 3 1/2 days.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
15. Revelation 11, the two prophets that are slain in Jerusalem represent "the Word of God" and/or "the Spirit of God"?

Some Amillennialists believe the two prophets that are slain in Jerusalem in Revelation 11 represent "the Word of God" and/or "the Spirit of God"?. It doesn't take much to recognize that "the Word of God" and "the Spirit of God" are not killed in Jerusalem by the beast nor do they have bodies that lie in the street for 3 1/2 days.
This Amillennialist understands and knows that the two anointed ones were John the Baptist and Jesus.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what was posted but Amillennialism is completely made up of confusion and errors. That's what this thread is exposing.
Really?

I'm curious.

Doesn't Pre-Mil sell the idea that people will be mortal throughout the Millennium? That they'll be having sex, making babies, sinning, etc.? Isn't a pillar of the concept that the devil will be released to tempt many to sin, and fall, in the end? And if they are doing all these mortal acts, how are they able to live and reign for a thousand years anyway?

That doesn't follow very critical, and well-known, verses of Scripture to the contrary.

What gives?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

I'm curious.

Doesn't Pre-Mil sell the idea that people will be mortal throughout the Millennium?

The unsaved are.

That they'll be having sex, making babies, sinning, etc.?

Some believe there will be childbirth but I don't. There won't be sinning because the rod of iron will be a very tight reign over everything they do.

Isn't a pillar of the concept that the devil will be released to tempt many to sin, and fall, in the end?

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

That's in all of our bibles. Why pretend it's not?

And if they are doing all these mortal acts, how are they able to live and reign for a thousand years anyway?

None of the immortal saved saints do those things.

That doesn't follow very critical, and well-known, verses of Scripture to the contrary.

What gives?

You are mostly confused about what Premillennialism believes and are in denial that this verse applies to Amillennialism too:

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Amillennialist understands and knows that the two anointed ones were John the Baptist and Jesus.

Great. I'll add that to my growing list since it is impossible. Neither John the Baptist nor Jesus did not lie dead in the streets of Jerusalem for 3.5 days! They were both buried the day they died! Where do you guys get these weird beliefs? Now you know how the list came to be.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you ever wonder why it’s just satan who is bound for a thousand years and not satan and his demons bound for a thousand years?

Wouldn’t it be ridiculous if it’s only satan that is bound?

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

I'm curious.

Doesn't Pre-Mil sell the idea that people will be mortal throughout the Millennium? That they'll be having sex, making babies, sinning, etc.? Isn't a pillar of the concept that the devil will be released to tempt many to sin, and fall, in the end? And if they are doing all these mortal acts, how are they able to live and reign for a thousand years anyway?

What gives?
You just opened their can of worms!
Get ready to read book long postings, for explanations of their speculations.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you ever wonder why it’s just satan who is bound for a thousand years and not satan and his demons bound for a thousand years?

Wouldn’t it be ridiculous if it’s only satan that is bound?

They are in the pit also, just not mentioned. They are also not mentioned to be cast into the lake of fire when satan is but they will be.