The Mark of the Beast (what it really is explained)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that the last days would be like the days of Noah, so you're wrong, there will be believers on earth at the time of the destruction of the unrighteous, but the righteous will be kept safe. Just as there were righteous people on earth during the destruction of Noah's day there will be righteous people on earth during Armageddon.
All the righteous people got on the Ark. God does not say, it is going to happen the same way. That is what Revelation is for. God says that the church will leave after the church is judged. The church like Noah will not be judged with the rest of the world. The church has been around for 2000 years. God has said, time is up.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is I think an assumption. How do you know this?
John was being shown what current life is right now. It is a logical conclusion. Seeing something in person makes it a lot easier to write down, exactly what God is having you write down. John was caught up into heaven and not shown a future movie on a gigantic screen. God actually brought him here and is showing him what he wrote about almost 2000 years ago. Revelation 4:1
"After these things, I looked; and there before me was a door standing open in heaven; and the voice like a trumpet which I had heard speaking with me before said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after these things.”

God showed John, not just told him what to write. John actually saw everything that happened.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I go by everything that is said about the last days in scripture, not just what is said about the Mark of the beast. It's a shame other people don't. Jesus told us in the scriptures that the last days would be like the days of Noah. Did those people back in his time believe what he said or did they laugh and ridicule him for what he believed and warned the people about what was coming. It's the same today. We are in the last days, do people truly believe that, not really. Right now at this present time people already have accepted the Mark and don't have a clue what it is, and if someone were to tell you what it is, you probably wouldn't believe it.
The mark of the beast is not for this part of the tribulation. It only happens after the Second Coming and postpones the Second Coming finishing by 3.5 years. The only people left alive will be those who survived the seals, the trumpets, and the thunderings.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John was being shown what current life is right now. It is a logical conclusion.
One thing about this . . . if in fact this is not the time of the end of the age, then this idea breaks down.

The fruit of this conclusion that Revelation depicts life as we know it now is that you go on to interpret the book according to how you see it aligning with the events and conditions existing Today.

I picked the locusts from the pit being helecopters because I remember that from Hal Lindsey's book, The Late Great Planet Earth. That was his thinking. But then, what helecopter gives a sting that torments for 5 months, during which time you can't die, even though you try? That makes no sense to me.

So then you have to come up with what that all means too, and the next thing you know you've basically invented your own interpretation, in how it seems to you that these things show modern technology and such.

Myself, I think there will be a pit opened on the earth, and out of it will come these creatures, with a sting, and only those who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads will be exempt.

Much love!

Reactions: michaelvpardo

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I go by everything that is said about the last days in scripture, not just what is said about the Mark of the beast. It's a shame other people don't. Jesus told us in the scriptures that the last days would be like the days of Noah. Did those people back in his time believe what he said or did they laugh and ridicule him for what he believed and warned the people about what was coming. It's the same today. We are in the last days, do people truly believe that, not really. Right now at this present time people already have accepted the Mark and don't have a clue what it is, and if someone were to tell you what it is, you probably wouldn't believe it.
Except the mark is said to be a physical mark. It is not spiritual/allegorical and you do not get that from the context of the passage.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the righteous people got on the Ark. God does not say, it is going to happen the same way. That is what Revelation is for. God says that the church will leave after the church is judged. The church like Noah will not be judged with the rest of the world. The church has been around for 2000 years. God has said, time is up.

What, you think the Ark wasn't on planet earth. The Ark was on planet earth so the righteous family of Noah was on planet earth. The fact that they were in the Ark doesn't change the fact that they were on planet earth when that destruction was going on all around them.
Now those who will be in heaven with Jesus and be kings, priests and judges with him in that Messianic kingdom they are the anointed church of God and yes they will be gathered into heaven before Armageddon, but there are those who are the subjects of this Messianic kingdom that Jesus Christ with his anointed church will rule over. These subjects of the kingdom who are righteous in God's eyes are the ones that will be on earth when Armageddon starts but will be kept safe and go into the new earth without dying.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mark of the beast is not for this part of the tribulation. It only happens after the Second Coming and postpones the Second Coming finishing by 3.5 years. The only people left alive will be those who survived the seals, the trumpets, and the thunderings.

This is what I mean. You don't understand that right now we are living in the time of Jesus second presence and the time of the beast and the image of the beast and people today don't realize that. The majority of mankind will not know the times we're living in until Armageddon begins then they'll lnow.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing about this . . . if in fact this is not the time of the end of the age, then this idea breaks down.

The fruit of this conclusion that Revelation depicts life as we know it now is that you go on to interpret the book according to how you see it aligning with the events and conditions existing Today.

I picked the locusts from the pit being helecopters because I remember that from Hal Lindsey's book, The Late Great Planet Earth. That was his thinking. But then, what helecopter gives a sting that torments for 5 months, during which time you can't die, even though you try? That makes no sense to me.

So then you have to come up with what that all means too, and the next thing you know you've basically invented your own interpretation, in how it seems to you that these things show modern technology and such.

Myself, I think there will be a pit opened on the earth, and out of it will come these creatures, with a sting, and only those who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads will be exempt.

Much love!
You are correct in the point, we can only live one second at a time. Saying something is about to happen, and it does not makes God a liar. I am not here to explain how events are going to unfold, nor guess at it.

Revelation gives a general overlay. Some even think they know how to fit the OT prophets into the narrative. That is their burden.

All I am told to do is proclaim that Jesus is coming soon, just like John the Baptist. John knew Jesus was coming because the Holy Spirit informed John in the womb. That is the record God gave us. No where in Revelation does God say a new John the Baptist will warn the world. If God has sent a new John the Baptist how is this going to unfold? John was there baptizing for years repeating the same message. He was accused of several things. Then without warning Jesus was there. A prophet will only be vindicated after the fact, not before it. This is unprecedented and John only had the Jordan river. This time it is the whole world. How is God going to warn the church that refuses to listen, because they are so set in their own doctrine and theology?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I mean. You don't understand that right now we are living in the time of Jesus second presence and the time of the beast and the image of the beast and people today don't realize that. The majority of mankind will not know the times we're living in until Armageddon begins then they'll lnow.
They will know way before that. Revelation 6 comes before 19.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They will know way before that. Revelation 6 comes before 19.

This again is what I mean, you think that the things that Revelations 6 speaks about hasn't been happening in our time we've been living in the past 100 years or more. We've had two major world wars that combined, took the lives of nearly 100 million people including soldiers and civilians. War has been a part of this past 100 years. There have been wars and rumours of wars. There have been millions upon millions that have died of sickness and starvation. Even today about 40,000 people a day many that are children, die of starvation or sickness relating to severe hunger. Most people today don't believe the things that are in Revelations 6 are happening today and if someone tells someone that they have been happening and still are, most won't believe that. Like the scriptures say the unrighteous people of the world will be unaware until that destruction of Armageddon begins.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This again is what I mean, you think that the things that Revelations 6 speaks about hasn't been happening in our time we've been living in the past 100 years or more. We've had two major world wars that combined, took the lives of nearly 100 million people including soldiers and civilians. War has been a part of this past 100 years. There have been wars and rumours of wars. There have been millions upon millions that have died of sickness and starvation. Even today about 40,000 people a day many that are children, die of starvation or sickness relating to severe hunger. Most people today don't believe the things that are in Revelations 6 are happening today and if someone tells someone that they have been happening and still are, most won't believe that. Like the scriptures say the unrighteous people of the world will be unaware until that destruction of Armageddon begins.
Revelation 6:15-17 does say all will know:

15 Then the earth’s kings, the rulers, the generals, the rich and the mighty — indeed, everyone, slave and free — hid himself in caves and among the rocks in the mountains,
16 and said to the mountains and rocks,Fall on us, and hide us from the face of the One sitting on the throne and from the fury of the Lamb!
17 For the Great Day of their fury has come, and who can stand?”

That is just the seals. Next come the trumpets, and then the thunderings.

First off. Covid19 is admittedly claimed by all to be unprecedented. Even pollution without man's own will has been leaving large population centers. I am not sure how much more of a sign you need, and the relative peace while all of humanity hold their breath hoping the worse is over.

IF any one thinks this is normal everyday life, even athiest will call that crazy. And the crazy thing is, it was all this virus, and the fact no human on earth has all the answers to figure it all out. Even if God let humans take the blame or credit, it is all still under God’s direct control.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 6:15-17 does say all will know:

15 Then the earth’s kings, the rulers, the generals, the rich and the mighty — indeed, everyone, slave and free — hid himself in caves and among the rocks in the mountains,
16 and said to the mountains and rocks,Fall on us, and hide us from the face of the One sitting on the throne and from the fury of the Lamb!
17 For the Great Day of their fury has come, and who can stand?ӟ

That is just the seals. Next come the trumpets, and then the thunderings.

First off. Covid19 is admittedly claimed by all to be unprecedented. Even pollution without man's own will has been leaving large population centers. I am not sure how much more of a sign you need, and the relative peace while all of humanity hold their breath hoping the worse is over.

IF any one thinks this is normal everyday life, even athiest will call that crazy. And the crazy thing is, it was all this virus, and the fact no human on earth has all the answers to figure it all out. Even if God let humans take the blame or credit, it is all still under God’s direct control.

You do know that the scriptures of Revelations 6: 15-17 are describing the events of Armageddon right? I didn't say that Armageddon has happened yet. So of course like I said, when Armageddon begins people will know then that they were in the second presence of Jesus Christ.
People today although they see the wars and sickness going on, the majority people in the world just think these events are just always been in the history of mankind. There has always been wars and sickness they say. The majority of mankind today do not believe we are living in the second prescence of Jesus Christ or what others call the second coming of Jesus Christ. That's a true statement, most people today don't believe we are living in the second prescence of Jesus Christ.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do know that the scriptures of Revelations 6: 15-17 are describing the events of Armageddon right? I didn't say that Armageddon has happened yet. So of course like I said, when Armageddon begins people will know then that they were in the second presence of Jesus Christ.
People today although they see the wars and sickness going on, the majority people in the world just think these events are just always been in the history of mankind. There has always been wars and sickness they say. The majority of mankind today do not believe we are living in the second prescence of Jesus Christ or what others call the second coming of Jesus Christ. That's a true statement, most people today don't believe we are living in the second prescence of Jesus Christ.
I do not know because it does not say that. Megiddo is right before the last 1000 years and right after the vials. So no I do not put thoughts from later in Revelation where God does not put them. God says these are separate, and different. They have to happen, but God does not say how bad or how long. They are for the church. Megiddo is for Satan and those with the mark of the beast. Revelation 16:16 and the result in Revelation 19:19-21.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump seals and vials happen around the same time,its not consecutive

Will explain shortly
It all happens in 3.5 years, so sounds like the same time to me. Don't forget the thunderings. And the vials are just for Satan and those with the mark of the beast during the time the bodies of the 2 witnesses lay dead for 3 days. They are given rather quickly and there is still a mighty army to fight at Megiddo at the end.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know because it does not say that. Megiddo is right before the last 1000 years and right after the vials. So no I do not put thoughts from later in Revelation where God does not put them. God says these are separate, and different. They have to happen, but God does not say how bad or how long. They are for the church. Megiddo is for Satan and those with the mark of the beast. Revelation 16:16 and the result in Revelation 19:19-21.

No, I'm saying the scriptures at Revelation 6::14-17 are talking about events that will be happening during Armageddon. I'm not saying that Revelation 6:14-17 is saying that Armageddon is happening when the sixth seal is broken but showing us the hopelessness people will be feeling and experiencing when Armageddon does happen in chapter 19 of revelations, you understand?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm saying the scriptures at Revelation 6::14-17 are talking about events that will be happening during Armageddon. I'm not saying that Revelation 6:14-17 is saying that Armageddon is happening when the sixth seal is broken but showing us the hopelessness people will be feeling and experiencing when Armageddon does happen in chapter 19 of revelations, you understand?
That is like saying second grade math includes 11th grade calculus because they both are math. Second graders still have math.

Just slow down and take what God gives. No sense in claiming judgments that are not necessary. And no; what is written in each chapter is for those whom the chapter is written for, and judgments nontheless.

Seals are for the church. Trumpets are for living Jews, descendants of Jacob. Thunderings are for all the Nations.

God says after the judgment each type can leave. I guess some think they need to be judged more than once. They lump them altogether.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mark of the beast, is not a literal physical mark.
Just as the seal of God (Revelation 7:3) is not a physical mark on the people of God.

That seal we understood as spiritual, in the faith and in
the character; this evil brand we must interpret in like manner, being also
a spiritual mark.

You cannot receive the seal of God without your willingness to serve the Lord and keep His commandments.
Nor can you receive this mark of the beast without willingness to do its commandments and taking an active role
in fighting against God and His saints. A mark that must be spiritually discerned.
(read the Holy Bible and keep God's commandments
and precepts and you will gain this discernment by knowing right from wrong)

There is much fear surrounding this doctrine where there needs not be.
Nobody can unknowingly receive this mark. Those who receive this mark, are made partakers
of the benefits of the beast's spiritual dominion. But by becoming willing servants unto Satan
and his spiritual dominion, have sadly, guaranteed their place in the lake of fire.
Per Rev 14, the mark will be defined to mankind by one of 3 angels which will warn all mankind not to take it, but rather die instead.

The 1st angel of the 3 will preach the gospel to all humans in the world, fulfilling the prophecy of Jesus that stated "the gospel will be preach in all the world, then shall the end come"....

6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if Nero was actually the Antichrist?

I'm not a big end times speculator, but that theory actually makes a lot of sense...
If Nero was the antichrist, then I smell a preterist.