The Mark of the Beast (what it really is explained)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The mark of the beast, is not a literal physical mark.
Just as the seal of God (Revelation 7:3) is not a physical mark on the people of God.

That seal we understood as spiritual, in the faith and in
the character; this evil brand we must interpret in like manner, being also
a spiritual mark.

You cannot receive the seal of God without your willingness to serve the Lord and keep His commandments.
Nor can you receive this mark of the beast without willingness to do its commandments and taking an active role
in fighting against God and His saints. A mark that must be spiritually discerned.
(read the Holy Bible and keep God's commandments
and precepts and you will gain this discernment by knowing right from wrong)

There is much fear surrounding this doctrine where there needs not be.
Nobody can unknowingly receive this mark. Those who receive this mark, are made partakers
of the benefits of the beast's spiritual dominion. But by becoming willing servants unto Satan
and his spiritual dominion, have sadly, guaranteed their place in the lake of fire.
man, that fruit of the tree of knowledge is brutal, huh?
Wait'll you start to know all you don't know, i guess
He who digs a pit for others to fall into ends up in it himself

and fwiw one may certainly receive the mark without their knowledge, and the seal too for that matter, ref Isaiah's ignorance of his status with Yah, and etc. So swing/miss sir, wadr

BlessedCreator

Apr 15, 2020
Oregon
www.gffg.info
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody can give their allegiance to Satan unknowingly. Now that is not to say that someone cant unknowingly be fighting against Christ, the truth and His people. For Christ Himself said in Matthew 12:30 "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad."

So if you aren't knowingly gathering with Christ you are either knowingly or unknowingly fighting against Him.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody can give their allegiance to Satan unknowingly. Now that is not to say that someone cant unknowingly be fighting against Christ, the truth and His people. For Christ Himself said in Matthew 12:30 "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad."

So if you aren't knowingly gathering with Christ you are either knowingly or unknowingly fighting against Him.
The number 666 has nothing to do with Satan. It is the marked curse given to Adam for disobedience. All humanity is marked in Adam and cannot escape it.

What Satan wants humanity to do is, in proud blasphemy against God, proclaim the mark in defiance of it's curse. God kept it hidden so humans would turn to God and away from humanity's own punishment.

That is why it is tied to human economy. Economy helps humans spread the burden of labor as is humanly possible. Some humans are greedy and benefit from human slavery. So openly wearing this mark is accepting this punishment with open arms, to the point one will never turn to God, but be eternally left in that condition.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is like saying second grade math includes 11th grade calculus because they both are math. Second graders still have math.

Just slow down and take what God gives. No sense in claiming judgments that are not necessary. And no; what is written in each chapter is for those whom the chapter is written for, and judgments nontheless.

Seals are for the church. Trumpets are for living Jews, descendants of Jacob. Thunderings are for all the Nations.

God says after the judgment each type can leave. I guess some think they need to be judged more than once. They lump them altogether.

I think something, some kind of destruction, that has nothing to do with the church is going on in Revelations 6:14-17. These kings and military commanders and slaves etc are hiding in caves and asking the rock masses or mountains to cover over them cause they are terrified. I don't think this has anything to do with the church. Obviously these scriptures are showing these people to be in terror and what, it's suppose to have no answer as to what's going on. I think these scriptures are showing the terror and hopelessness the people that are going to be in when Armageddon does happen. I certainly don't think the church is going to be treated this way.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think something, some kind of destruction, that has nothing to do with the church is going on in Revelations 6:14-17. These kings and military commanders and slaves etc are hiding in caves and asking the rock masses or mountains to cover over them cause they are terrified. I don't think this has anything to do with the church. Obviously these scriptures are showing these people to be in terror and what, it's suppose to have no answer as to what's going on. I think these scriptures are showing the terror and hopelessness the people that are going to be in when Armageddon does happen. I certainly don't think the church is going to be treated this way.
They are afraid of God and Jesus showing up in person. Revelation 6:16
"from the face of the One sitting on the throne and from the fury of the Lamb!"

That is God the Father and God the Son in person and all the world, everyone can see God and the Lamb. No one can say, "there is no God". God is there in person. Just like God was on the mount with Moses who just led God's people out of Egypt.

This time God takes the church out of Egypt. God then declares to the whole world that there is a God. No one can excuse their selves from this truth. Then God sends the next set of judgments, the trumpets. All on earth will know who is judging them and why they are being judged.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are afraid of God and Jesus showing up in person. Revelation 6:16
"from the face of the One sitting on the throne and from the fury of the Lamb!"

That is God the Father and God the Son in person and all the world, everyone can see God and the Lamb. No one can say, "there is no God". God is there in person. Just like God was on the mount with Moses who just led God's people out of Egypt.

This time God takes the church out of Egypt. God then declares to the whole world that there is a God. No one can excuse their selves from this truth. Then God sends the next set of judgments, the trumpets. All on earth will know who is judging them and why they are being judged.

And the kings of the earth and the top-ranking ones and the military commanders and the rich and the strong ones and every slave and every free person hid themselves in the caves and in the rock-masses of the mountains. And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rock-masses: ‘Fall over us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb, because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?’”—Revelation 6:15-17.

Look at the last part of these scriptures, it says, "because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"

The great day of their wrath, sounds to me these scriptures are speaking of Armageddon.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the kings of the earth and the top-ranking ones and the military commanders and the rich and the strong ones and every slave and every free person hid themselves in the caves and in the rock-masses of the mountains. And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rock-masses: ‘Fall over us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb, because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?’”—Revelation 6:15-17.

Look at the last part of these scriptures, it says, "because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"

The great day of their wrath, sounds to me these scriptures are speaking of Armageddon.
Armageddon is the end. The trumpets start the beginning of this wrath. Armageddon is still over 6 years from now.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Armageddon is the end. The trumpets start the beginning of this wrath. Armageddon is still over 6 years from now.

So , what, we suppose to ignore that part of the scripture that says, "because the great day of their wrath has come." You can ignore that if you want, but I know that when the scriptures in revelations talk about, " the great day of their wrath" that's about Armageddon. I'm not going to ignore that because you think that day shouldn't even be mention until chapter 19 of Revelations. This scripture in Revelations 6:14-17 is speaking about how people will react when Armageddon does begin.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So , what, we suppose to ignore that part of the scripture that says, "because the great day of their wrath has come." You can ignore that if you want, but I know that when the scriptures in revelations talk about, " the great day of their wrath" that's about Armageddon. I'm not going to ignore that because you think that day shouldn't even be mention until chapter 19 of Revelations. This scripture in Revelations 6:14-17 is speaking about how people will react when Armageddon does begin.
We will have to disagree that God is not waiting for 7 years to reveal who God is. God is going to do it at the start, not the end. The Tribulation has already started when covid19 did. This is just the beginning. Before the Trumpets even sound, God will appear. Near 7 years from now, Armageddon will wrap it all up, in the battle of Megiddo, known as Armageddon. There are a few more events of prophecy "day names" between now and Armageddon. I am not ignoring Armageddon, but saying there is more happening between now and then.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will have to disagree that God is not waiting for 7 years to reveal who God is. God is going to do it at the start, not the end. The Tribulation has already started when covid19 did. This is just the beginning. Before the Trumpets even sound, God will appear. Near 7 years from now, Armageddon will wrap it all up, in the battle of Megiddo, known as Armageddon. There are a few more events of prophecy "day names" between now and Armageddon. I am not ignoring Armageddon, but saying there is more happening between now and then.

The tribulation hasn't started yet. It's the, "image of the beast," that starts the tribulation.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Doesn't the word allegiance basically mean, faithful to a person or cause? Can't we unknowingly be faithful to a belief that's actually a lie since Satan can come to us as an Angel of light and influence us to believe a lie to be true. So, if that is so, doesn't that mean such people are unknowingly giving allegance to Satan who has influenced them to believe that lie to be the truth. Jesus when on Earth said that the the Pharisees belonged to Satan. He said when speaking to the Pharisees that Satan was their Father. Do you think Jesus was saying that these Pharisees were knowingly worshipping Satan, no of course not, but because the Pharisees were people who focused on the oral law which had nothing to do with the law covenant but were additions of imperfect men, not inspired utterances from God, they were being unfaithful to the law covenant which was inspired of God therefore unfaithful to God. There allegance was with Satan was it not?