The Mark of the Beast (what it really is explained)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was talking to people of that generation,
Also, in Revelation we have clear evidence that John is writing to particular, historic, individual churches that existed in his day. Revelation 1:4 provides a common salutation: "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come."

The members of the churches to whom Revelation was addressed are expected to read, understand, and keep the directives in Revelation.

How could they understand and watch for events centuries distant?

John notes that he along with the seven churches have already entered "the tribulation" (Rev. 1:9a)

John is writing to particular historical churches about their current grave circumstances.

John specifically states that the prophecies of Revelation would begin coming to pass within a very short period of time. He dogmatically states that the events of Revelation were "shortly to take place "and that "the time is near."
Wrong.

Let's start with Matt.....

Matthew 24
King James Version (KJV)
24 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

...3 QUESTIONS HERE

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

....This is the worldwide, end of age part.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

....This is the dispersion of Jews part. ad70

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand
mail

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. This is a warning to end time Israel, before the Tribulation.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

..... This is during the tribulation and its ending.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

....This is a warning to be watching, particularly Israel and the saints of God in the last days of the Last days events to precede the rapture and tribulation.

NOW HERE IS HIS DISCOURSE OF THE RAPTURE...

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

.....That is how ALL 3 questions are answered by the Lord. You guys blended it all together into the part of the Jews being dispersed only....This is what I call logical eschatology.(Notice, that I use very little commentary?). I showed you something easily understood, the way the gospel should be understood....simply

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well so you say, but i suggest that there is a more pertinent way to get that, less self-centered maybe, more inclusive of all times? And Jesus seemed to be plainly enough indicating to those standing there that it was their generation that would not pass away?
Jesus was speaking to all future believers, especially to end time believers.

If not, you have absolutely nothing left that you can apply to yourself that Jesus said to others, which will make you very sad.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Jesus was speaking to all future believers, especially to end time believers.
well no offense but i doubt it, i mean either He was speaking to all or to a select group right. And He called His days these last days right? So i suggest that a diff concept was being involked than that which is usually read there
If not, you have absolutely nothing left that you can apply to yourself that Jesus said to others,
or at least so you say, with brazen confidence?
which will make you very sad.
uh, ok

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand
mail

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. This is a warning to end time Israel, before the Tribulation.

This was clearly written for first century Jewish Christians.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The entire book of Matthew is not for you, but someone else.

Isn't that a bummer?

A future-less abyss of unknown world events that God thinks you are not worthy to know about?

God just comes and kills the sinners?

Jesus never gets to reign for 1000 years and defeat satan openly?

Preterist doctrine is a wreck.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Except for the fact it was written after 70 AD for the most part to settle that 70 AD was not the fulfillment as no one even mentions the 70 AD destruction of the temple in the NT.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except for the fact it was written after 70 AD for the most part to settle that 70 AD was not the fulfillment as no one even mentions the 70 AD destruction of the temple in the NT.
HERE IS MY LUKE 21 OUTLINE I PROMISED....Notice, no long explanations...Just easily understood passages laid out for the simple folks to read. The kind Jesus wants to save. Even a CAVEMAN could understand it...LOL

6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?

....They asked Jesus ONLY about the destruction of the temple here, but Jesus gives them more info than they actually asked for, just like Matt. 24...

8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven......

...Now this above is the series of General signs before His 2nd coming.

Notice now..."but (before) all these", addressing their original question...

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

.... At this point, Jesus is finished with the destruction of Jerusalem explanation and proceeds to speak of His 2nd coming signs...

25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

....These above are the signs that Jesus wanted to point out of His 2nd coming in these end times.

29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

.....Here, Jesus gives us a warning to watch for these signs, before His return...FOR THE WHOLE EARTH....LOOK BELOW

34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the (whole earth).

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm in total agreement that Jesus is coming back. I just have problems with people predicting that it's going to be in such and such a year or even a certain 10 year period. What doe 2 Peter go on to say?

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.[a]

11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

What are we looking forward to? It's not the coming destruction. We are looking forward to a new earth, to complete restoration, as I said before and we should want to bring as many with us as possible.
Uh...yeah. I think that was my point. Given what scripture says, I think "Christians" who aren't anticipating and hoping and doing all they can to hasten the day, should probably be doing some self evaluation to ensure that their faith is genuine and not simply learned religious practice.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HERE IS MY LUKE 21 OUTLINE I PROMISED....Notice, no long explanations...Just easily understood passages laid out for the simple folks to read. The kind Jesus wants to save. Even a CAVEMAN could understand it...LOL

6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?

....They asked Jesus ONLY about the destruction of the temple here, but Jesus gives them more info than they actually asked for, just like Matt. 24...

8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven......

...Now this above is the series of General signs before His 2nd coming.

Notice now..."but (before) all these", addressing their original question...

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

.... At this point, Jesus is finished with the destruction of Jerusalem explanation and proceeds to speak of His 2nd coming signs...

25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

....These above are the signs that Jesus wanted to point out of His 2nd coming in these end times.

29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

.....Here, Jesus gives us a warning to watch for these signs, before His return...FOR THE WHOLE EARTH....LOOK BELOW

34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the (whole earth).

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
I agree that this is talking about the 70 AD attack, but they did not make a big deal after the fact that 70AD was the complete fulfillment. Thus they did NOT make a big deal out of it, nor did they confirm that Titus defiled the Temple. Because Titus did not do it. It burned down before he got any chances to. The author led by the Holy Spirit made the whole thing just as Jesus had claimed some 30 years earlier that it was all future, but some happened before Matthew was even written, and the rest at the end of the church age itself.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Liking to think" something that is untrue, may not be 'best practice' for someone , for anyone, seeking God's Kingdom.
'Liking to think' something** is true, is the way false group recruit new members and keep old members, right ? (according to God's Word - The Truth)

**eg the apple is good for you, really, yes, really it is Eve, it will make you ... um... ah! Like gods! Yes, the apple will make you like gods - go ahead, eat it - it really really is good for you!
Since I'm not the Holy Spirit, but just one in which He resides, I can't convict of sin (but He can). I can't convince people of truth ( but He can). I can only hope ( but He already knows.) We're all just along for the ride, but I praise God for the privilege of speaking His word, of writing according to my faith, and for those 3 things that abide, faith, hope, and love. I don't think anyone can claim more.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that this is talking about the 70 AD attack, but they did not make a big deal after the fact that 70AD was the complete fulfillment. Thus they did NOT make a big deal out of it, nor did they confirm that Titus defiled the Temple. Because Titus did not do it. It burned down before he got any chances to. The author led by the Holy Spirit made the whole thing just as Jesus had claimed some 30 years earlier that it was all future, but some happened before Matthew was even written, and the rest at the end of the church age itself.
Excellent observation.

The gospels were written to all future believers and are relevant to all.

I have Matt, Mark and Luke all figured out.

Preterists think it only concerns one group of Christians(1st century) in every prophecy in the N.T.

They even think "heaven and earth" equals "Law and Jews" in secret code by Jesus and Peter....LOL

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent observation.

The gospels were written to all future believers and are relevant to all.

I have Matt, Mark and Luke all figured out.

Preterists think it only concerns one group of Christians(1st century) in every prophecy in the N.T.

They even think "heaven and earth" equals "Law and Jews" in secret code by Jesus and Peter....LOL
Just keep sticking to the Scriptures, that's where the truth is.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The FULFILLED interpretation holds that the deceivers, wars, earthquakes, famines, and pestilences were things which Jesus said would soon happen—things that would happen before the destruction of the temple.
By comparing the parallel accounts, it is seen to refer to Gentile armies which would surround Jerusalem and bring the city to desolation. When these armies would be seen, the disciples of Christ were to flee from Jerusalem and Judea.

Seems pretty obvious.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The FULFILLED interpretation holds that the deceivers, wars, earthquakes, famines, and pestilences were things which Jesus said would soon happen—things that would happen before the destruction of the temple.
By comparing the parallel accounts, it is seen to refer to Gentile armies which would surround Jerusalem and bring the city to desolation. When these armies would be seen, the disciples of Christ were to flee from Jerusalem and Judea.

Seems pretty obvious.
Seems pretty obvious it is all happening again over the last 100 years. Do you think normality will keep going on for thousands of years? Because God says the time is now in the book of Revelation. There is no more waiting.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems pretty obvious it is all happening again over the last 100 years. Do you think normality will keep going on for thousands of years? Because God says the time is now in the book of Revelation. There is no more waiting.
The time is now for what? Are things worse now than they were 40 years ago? Yes, it's near, but how near? Next year or a thousand years? How would we know?
C.S. Lewis, one of the greatest Christian apologists of the 20th century, felt that Jesus’ failure to return during the first century was Christianity’s Achilles’ heel! I think he misunderstood what Jesus said was coming soon.

What Revelation says is that the time is near. The time for what?
The Bible often uses the word “parousia” when mentioning the “second coming.”
Parousia is a Greek word meaning “presence” or “coming.” This is a word used to denote the arrival of a conquering general, emperor or high-ranking official into a city for an extended stay oftentimes for several months or years before then returning to the capital city, the seat of his throne.
Did this not happen at the beginning of the church age?

Clement of Rome (c. 95 A.D.) - Let us consider, beloved, how the Lord continually proves to us that there shall be a future resurrection, of which He has rendered the Lord Jesus Christ the first-fruits by raising Him from the dead. Let us contemplate, beloved, the resurrection which is at all times taking place. Day and night declare to us a resurrection. The night sinks to sleep, and the day arises; the day departs, and the night comes on.

I do believe in the future returning of Christ to set up his kingdom when the new Jerusalem comes down from heaven.
Matthew 25:31-46 explains what will take place at that time.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The time is now for what? Are things worse now than they were 40 years ago? Yes, it's near, but how near? Next year or a thousand years? How would we know?
C.S. Lewis, one of the greatest Christian apologists of the 20th century, felt that Jesus’ failure to return during the first century was Christianity’s Achilles’ heel! I think he misunderstood what Jesus said was coming soon.

What Revelation says is that the time is near. The time for what?
The Bible often uses the word “parousia” when mentioning the “second coming.”
Parousia is a Greek word meaning “presence” or “coming.” This is a word used to denote the arrival of a conquering general, emperor or high-ranking official into a city for an extended stay oftentimes for several months or years before then returning to the capital city, the seat of his throne.
Did this not happen at the beginning of the church age?

Clement of Rome (c. 95 A.D.) - Let us consider, beloved, how the Lord continually proves to us that there shall be a future resurrection, of which He has rendered the Lord Jesus Christ the first-fruits by raising Him from the dead. Let us contemplate, beloved, the resurrection which is at all times taking place. Day and night declare to us a resurrection. The night sinks to sleep, and the day arises; the day departs, and the night comes on.

I do believe in the future returning of Christ to set up his kingdom when the new Jerusalem comes down from heaven.
Matthew 25:31-46 explains what will take place at that time.
The New Jerusalem of Rev 21 does not come down until after the Millennium is finished in Rev 20.

The old Jerusalem will be where Jesus sets up and builds His own temple for the Millennium period.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret."

said:
We're all just along for the ride

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Jerusalem of Rev 21 does not come down until after the Millennium is finished in Rev 20.

The old Jerusalem will be where Jesus sets up and builds His own temple for the Millennium period.
Christ’s command to His Church was clear "go and make disciples of all nations" (Matt. 28:19) and that this will succeed because "surely I am with you always" (28:20) and because "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me" (28:18). Note, that Jesus said all authority "has been given to me", not "will be given to me at my second coming!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know of any assembly of Ekklesia who is making disciples in your lifetime?

Remember the first or one of the requirements necessary of a disciple (of Jesus), is stated by Jesus clearly to all of His listeners. "If you want to follow Me, to be My disciple ....."

Christ’s command to His Church was clear "go and make disciples of all nations" (Matt. 28:19) and that this will succeed llll