The meaning of 666 and its identity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did Mary need a Savior? Answer: Mary was a sinner!
Very true, someday we shall see her resurrected stand with the saints with her sins forgiven and cleansed by Christ and the truth will be plain..

Reactions: Jack

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where we see 666 in the bible is with Solomon (flesh and blood king - a man - who built the temple of stone)...his annual income was 666 talents of gold....so wealth/money or the love of it is a characteristic with what is being portrayed...eg, merchants of that great city, false teachers making merchandise of us.....and Jesus' indictment of "you have turned my Father's house into a house of merchandise" Also in Babylon, the measurements of Nebby's idol (of gold!) is written as 60 x 6 x 6 cubits. I believe his image was that of what he had just previously seen in his dream, with himself - a man - as head of those earthly kingdoms. (Not until Nebby was driven insane would he acknowledge that God is the real Head of kingdoms because He is the one who sets over them who He wills.)
Hi Lizbeth, in the quest to determine what the beast person's name will be ....

I too have considered the number of talents of gold that Solomon received. And also Nebuchadnezzar's made statue image in Daniel 3, as 60x6x6 cubits (90ft x 9ft x 9ft). Probably overlaid with gold leaf, a thin foil of gold, not solid gold.

Also the descendants of Adonikam coming out of Babylonian captivity as 666, Ezra 2:13. The last three sons of Adonikam, one of which would been son 666. His last three sons were Eliphelet, Jeiel, and Shemaiah

Ezra 2:13 The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six.

So, tried plugging those three into gematria calculator at gematrix.org For Hebrew Gematria...

Eliphelet - 232
Jeiel - 639
Shemaiah - 152

Solomon -330

Nebuchadnezzar - 1389

-----------------------------------------------------

The 666 is still a mystery, imo. It may have to with the letters of the person's name adding to 666. Or it may not. It may be some sort of other numerical factor associating with the person's name.

I think it will be apparent at the time that 666 goes into effect because the beast person will be known by everyone on the planet at the time.

In the meantime, I encourage everyone to try and solve the mystery, and see if the beast-person name can be determine ahead of time.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Lizbeth, in the quest to determine what the beast person's name will be ....

I too have considered the number of talents of gold that Solomon received. And also Nebuchadnezzar's made statue image in Daniel 3, as 60x6x6 cubits (90ft x 9ft x 9ft). Probably overlaid with gold leaf, a thin foil of gold, not solid gold.

Also the descendants of Adonikam coming out of Babylonian captivity as 666, Ezra 2:13. The last three sons of Adonikam, one of which would been son 666. His last three sons were Eliphelet, Jeiel, and Shemaiah

Ezra 2:13 The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six.

So, tried plugging those three into gematria calculator at gematrix.org For Hebrew Gematria...

Eliphelet - 232
Jeiel - 639
Shemaiah - 152

Solomon -330

Nebuchadnezzar - 1389

-----------------------------------------------------

The 666 is still a mystery, imo. It may have to with the letters of the person's name adding to 666. Or it may not. It may be some sort of other numerical factor associating with the person's name.

I think it will be apparent at the time that 666 goes into effect because the beast person will be known by everyone on the planet at the time.

In the meantime, I encourage everyone to try and solve the mystery, and see if the beast-person name can be determine ahead of time.
We shall see it plainly when Satan comes down as a false christ and many will flock to see him as he walks in from the desert and is joined by the head of the antichrist entity, who says we must worship him.. but then it will be too late..

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We shall see it plainly when Satan comes down as a false christ and many will flock to see him as he walks in from the desert and is joined by the head of the antichrist entity, who says we must worship him.. but then it will be too late..
Hobie, Satan does not come down as a false Christ. Ezekiel 28-12-19 is about the end of Satan.

What it boils down to is that when Satan is cast down to earth having only a time, times, half time left in Revelation 12, during that period of time, Satan will indwell the statue image of the beast king. That statue image will be turned to ashes at Jesus's Second Coming, exposing Satan to be physically exposed in plain site on the temple mount that day.

Regarding the number of the beast-person - I encourage everyone to try and solve the mystery, and see if the beast-person's name can be determine ahead of time. As par of our overall effort to understand all of the events of the end times.

Revelation 19, small size.jpg

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hobie, Satan does not come down as a false Christ. Ezekiel 28-12-19 is about the end of Satan.

What it boils down to is that when Satan is cast down to earth having only a time, times, half time left in Revelation 12, during that period of time, Satan will indwell the statue image of the beast king. That statue image will be turned to ashes at Jesus's Second Coming, exposing Satan to be physically exposed in plain site on the temple mount that day.

Regarding the number of the beast-person - I encourage everyone to try and solve the mystery, and see if the beast-person's name can be determine ahead of time. As par of our overall effort to understand all of the events of the end times.

View attachment 43127
At the end, Satan will see his time is short and present himself as a 'angel of light', and he still has much power to deceive, and so will present himself as the false Christ we are warned of. And many will be deceived, one of my close friends has the gold on his person ready to go to Jerusalem as soon as he hears the 'news'.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the end, Satan will see his time is short and present himself as a 'angel of light', and he still has much power to deceive, and so will present himself as the false Christ we are warned of. And many will be deceived, one of my close friends has the gold on his person ready to go to Jerusalem as soon as he hears the 'news'.
Hobie, look at these verses...

Ezekiel 28:

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

That is not describing the Antichrist person. Satan has wanted to be worshiped ever since he first rebelled against God. When Satan is cast down to earth in Revelation12:7-9, he will incarnate, indwell, the statue image of the beast-king. And thereby, everyone who worships that statue image will unknowingly be worshiping Satan.

Until the day that Jesus returns, and Jesus turns the statue image to ashes - exposing Satan there on the temple mount. Which then, an angel with a chain binds Satan and casts him into the bottomless pit prison.

Differently, the beast-king (who at one stage will have been the Antichrist, phony King of Israel, thought-to-be messiah by the Jews) will be cast into the lake of fire, along with the false prophet.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In their day Nero was still alive. He is the one whom was suspected to the be the man who’s number was 666. John wrote this way in case it fell into Roman hands and the message would not have made it to the seven churches he writing about concerning the times which they were going through.

Revelation 13:16-18
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In their day Nero was still alive. He is the one whom was suspected to the be the man who’s number was 666. John wrote this way in case it fell into Roman hands and the message would not have made it to the seven churches he writing about concerning the times which they were going through.

Revelation 13:16-18
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six
Matthew, we know it was not Nero because the person who is the beast is cast alive into the lake of fire at Jesus's return.

I personally have not solved the 666 number of his name mystery. But I would say to everyone to keep trying.

The number of his name
The mark of his name
his name

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew, we know it was not Nero because the person who is the beast is cast alive into the lake of fire at Jesus's return.

I personally have not solved the 666 number of his name mystery. But I would say to everyone to keep trying.

The number of his name
The mark of his name
his name
You have to realize those being written to are told to figure it out. Nero was known as the Beast. Nero was alive in that time. Whether or not God sent the beast to the lake of fire forever is his judgment. I don’t believe it was Gods plan for us to figure it out 2000 years later for this time now. That would be ludacris, in my opinion @Douggg.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Douggg even though Nero was known as the beast, Satan also was known as the beast too, which could help with the cast into the lake of fire bit there. I wasn’t thinking. Thank you friend.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to realize those being written to are told to figure it out. Nero was known as the Beast. Nero was alive in that time. Whether or not God sent the beast to the lake of fire forever is his judgment. I don’t believe it was Gods plan for us to figure it out 2000 years later for this time now. That would be ludacris, in my opinion @Douggg.

The beast being cast into the lake of fire will be at Jesus's return in Revelation 19:20.

Some things are sealed from understanding until the time of the end.

Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beast being cast into the lake of fire will be at Jesus's return in Revelation 19:20.

Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
If you believe none of it’s happened yet. That’s understandable. I’m someone who believes that all Revelation 1-20 have been completed. Leaving 21, 22 continuing, with the increase of Gods kingdom never ending.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ezekiel 28:

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

That is not describing the Antichrist person. Satan has wanted to be worshiped ever since he first rebelled against God. When Satan is cast down to earth in Revelation12:7-9, he will incarnate, indwell, the statue image of the beast-king. And thereby, everyone who worships that statue image will unknowingly be worshiping Satan.

Until the day that Jesus returns, and Jesus turns the statue image to ashes - exposing Satan there on the temple mount. Which then, an angel with a chain binds Satan and casts him into the bottomless pit prison.

Differently, the beast-king (who at one stage will have been the Antichrist, phony King of Israel, thought-to-be messiah by the Jews) will be cast into the lake of fire, along with the false prophet.
But Jesus said "I beheld Satan as lightning fall". Not future tense. And the image is not a real image. And why folks would be worshiping an image I have no clue--unless it stood for something.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe none of it’s happened yet. That’s understandable. I’m someone who believes that all Revelation 1-20 have been completed. Leaving 21, 22 continuing, with the increase of Gods kingdom never ending.
The events in Revelation 6-20 take place in the 7 years following the latter days, latter years, Gog/Magog attack on Israel in Ezekiel 39. Since Gog/Magog has not happened yet, we know that the event of the 7 years also not have taken place yet, either.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The events in Revelation 6-20 take place in the 7 years following the latter days, latter years, Gog/Magog attack on Israel in Ezekiel 39. Since Gog/Magog has not happened yet, we know that the event of the 7 years also not have taken place yet, either.
You may believe however you are lead to believe my friend. I love you nonetheless, and respect.IMG_0127.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Douggg

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Jesus said "I beheld Satan as lightning fall". Not future tense. And the image is not a real image. And why folks would be worshiping an image I have no clue--unless it stood for something.
Satan is called the prince, the power of the air. When the seventy disciples were casting out evil spirits in Jesus's name, it had the effect of Satan falling from his place of power.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ezekiel 28:

Satan is the Dragon who is behind the antichrist entity and false prophet and all will meet their end at the Lake of Fire..

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Notice it says till when, and what are we in now with worse than Sodom and Gomorrah and lawlessness at every side. We are there my brother, we are there..

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When one puts something forward 3 times, that means it's set ?
The Number 6 represents one from perfection.
7 is the Number for God, it is perfection ! so 777 is the Number set for God ?
You see people have 777 on their number plate of their car.
Yous see people have 666 on their number plate, that means that they are Anti-Christ in fact ? for they reject 777 ?

The Number of Man is 666 for it is a Human number ? that is one short from God in fact, so without the next number from 6 this becomes short, lacking in the Holy Spirit in fact !
The Human number relates to a total lack of regard to God and goes about without God but is only on a Mans works ? That being Lost to God in fact !
Man can not rise out of the sewer of the Stain of Original Sin by himself, for such is lost !

Communism is the greatest religion regarding to Man ? for his works are founded on Sin, lost Sin ! one who is a Slave to Sin in fact ! and has no Hope ! for they are lost regards God ! so they are trash leading trash ! that's why they claim all people are equal ?
When the fact is that no one is equal at all in reality.
So prove to me were anyone is equal to another in anyway what so ever, i have never seen such ever !

This world is full of deceptions and delusions !

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When one puts something forward 3 times, that means it's set ?
The Number 6 represents one from perfection.
7 is the Number for God, it is perfection ! so 777 is the Number set for God ?
You see people have 777 on their number plate of their car.
Yous see people have 666 on their number plate, that means that they are Anti-Christ in fact ? for they reject 777 ?

The Number of Man is 666 for it is a Human number ? that is one short from God in fact, so without the next number from 6 this becomes short, lacking in the Holy Spirit in fact !
The Human number relates to a total lack of regard to God and goes about without God but is only on a Mans works ? That being Lost to God in fact !
Man can not rise out of the sewer of the Stain of Original Sin by himself, for such is lost !

Communism is the greatest religion regarding to Man ? for his works are founded on Sin, lost Sin ! one who is a Slave to Sin in fact ! and has no Hope ! for they are lost regards God ! so they are trash leading trash ! that's why they claim all people are equal ?
When the fact is that no one is equal at all in reality.
So prove to me were anyone is equal to another in anyway what so ever, i have never seen such ever !

This world is full of deceptions and delusions !
Yes, and who heads the church of Rome? Communism has nothing on the apostate church led by a man who claims he has the place of God on earth, we see its spirit of antichrist daily..