The message we offer ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sabresong

Jul 31, 2020
Eastern US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, all.

I'm new to this forum, and I'd like to take a moment to tell you all why I came here and what happened when I got here, because I think it's important.

I came to Christ a little over a year ago. I came to the cross out of desperation. My life had fallen apart and I was very close to taking a drink (after more than 8 years of sobriety.) I was also suicidal and hopeless. I was saved by Christ, not just in spirit, but in my daily life, and He saved my marriage too. Christ literally saved me from death.

Today, a little over a year later, I am strong in my faith. Every moment of my life is a testimony to the saving grace of God in Christ. But I'm still new to my faith, and I have questions. This morning I decided to seek a place where I could ask those questions, so I began seeking out Christian forums.

It took only minutes for me to find forums where I might have been able to find some of the answers I sought, but I rejected every one of them, and almost this one too, because of what I saw on the front pages. On forum after forum, even on this very forum, the first things I saw had nothing to do with Christ or God or the Holy Spirit. It was all politics, the realm of Man, not of God. None of it was at all helpful to anyone, just a bunch of anger and name calling and "I'm more American than you." People posting links to articles about masks and politicians and scientific studies that may or may not be valid, that no one can agree on, and people pushing their views to the point of cruelty to others.

Had I not experienced the grace of Christ a year before, these forums would certainly have had me turn away from the church, from God and from Christ out of disgust at how His followers treat one another in these pages. Had I not seen a beautifully written post entitled "A call to calm" I would have closed this page as I did all the other hate-filled pages where Christians have forgotten His message.

I ask my fellow Christians to consider the face we project to the world. Are we a people divided by politics and the workings of man, or are we a people united in Christ? Do we display the grace, love and salvation of our Savior or the anger and hatred of a man-made construct of division according to ideas? Do we offer the love of our God or the hatred of man and our Lord's adversary?

I'm no expert, not by any stretch, but I cannot recall a single instance of Christ taking a political stand, or even speaking of politics at all, except to tell us that the workings of man's government are not those of God. Yes, it's said in the Bible that the government of Israel was appointed by God. I see nothing in the Bible to indicate that that also extended to the Hittites, Egyptians, Assyrians, Roman Empire, United States or anything outside Israel.

Christian forums should be used for the glory of God and Christ, not to debate the wearing of masks or whether Democrats or Republicans are more Christian. Christian forums should bring people closer to God, not push them further away. Christianity is about love, grace and salvation, not hatred, political agendas and conspiracy theories.

Let us pray for one another, that we show the love and mercy of our Lord and not the machinations of His enemies.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, all.

I'm new to this forum, and I'd like to take a moment to tell you all why I came here and what happened when I got here, because I think it's important.

I came to Christ a little over a year ago. I came to the cross out of desperation. My life had fallen apart and I was very close to taking a drink (after more than 8 years of sobriety.) I was also suicidal and hopeless. I was saved by Christ, not just in spirit, but in my daily life, and He saved my marriage too. Christ literally saved me from death.

Today, a little over a year later, I am strong in my faith. Every moment of my life is a testimony to the saving grace of God in Christ. But I'm still new to my faith, and I have questions. This morning I decided to seek a place where I could ask those questions, so I began seeking out Christian forums.

It took only minutes for me to find forums where I might have been able to find some of the answers I sought, but I rejected every one of them, and almost this one too, because of what I saw on the front pages. On forum after forum, even on this very forum, the first things I saw had nothing to do with Christ or God or the Holy Spirit. It was all politics, the realm of Man, not of God. None of it was at all helpful to anyone, just a bunch of anger and name calling and "I'm more American than you." People posting links to articles about masks and politicians and scientific studies that may or may not be valid, that no one can agree on, and people pushing their views to the point of cruelty to others.

Had I not experienced the grace of Christ a year before, these forums would certainly have had me turn away from the church, from God and from Christ out of disgust at how His followers treat one another in these pages. Had I not seen a beautifully written post entitled "A call to calm" I would have closed this page as I did all the other hate-filled pages where Christians have forgotten His message.

I ask my fellow Christians to consider the face we project to the world. Are we a people divided by politics and the workings of man, or are we a people united in Christ? Do we display the grace, love and salvation of our Savior or the anger and hatred of a man-made construct of division according to ideas? Do we offer the love of our God or the hatred of man and our Lord's adversary?

I'm no expert, not by any stretch, but I cannot recall a single instance of Christ taking a political stand, or even speaking of politics at all, except to tell us that the workings of man's government are not those of God. Yes, it's said in the Bible that the government of Israel was appointed by God. I see nothing in the Bible to indicate that that also extended to the Hittites, Egyptians, Assyrians, Roman Empire, United States or anything outside Israel.

Christian forums should be used for the glory of God and Christ, not to debate the wearing of masks or whether Democrats or Republicans are more Christian. Christian forums should bring people closer to God, not push them further away. Christianity is about love, grace and salvation, not hatred, political agendas and conspiracy theories.

Let us pray for one another, that we show the love and mercy of our Lord and not the machinations of His enemies.
Hi, sabresong, welcome to the forum! I’m interested in what your name means.

I have a couple of things to share about what you’ve said in this post. First, I have been convicted by your words to be kinder. Sometimes, I let frustration get the better of me, and I forget to be kind. Thanks for reminding me!

Second, I see current events and politics as important topics for Christians to discuss. Sometimes, info in these areas can be of help to us. We are in this world, but not of it. I believe that we need to be aware of what’s going on around us (be wise as serpents) while understanding that this world is not our home and that our main objective should be to love Jesus, love one another, and preach the gospel.

I’m thankful that God calls Christians to run for public office and influence public policy. I pray for my Christian brothers and sisters who answer this call. It’s not an easy calling in the hate-filled atmosphere we’re seeing today.

I understand your concerns, but I hope that you will consider what I’ve shared. At the very least, you are free to participate in the threads that bless you, but if you expect everyone to be kind and considerate, you'll be very disappointed.

Many blessings to you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
these forums would certainly have had me turn away from the church,
Discipling doesn't really happen on-line, it's much better with those whom you may know. A local assembly of believers. More difficult in this covidy time! But do you personally know any Christians who have been Christians for a number of years?

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi, all.

@Sabresong Good to see you!

It's wonderful to be strengthened by faith day by day in the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, as we prayerfully feed on God's Word...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, all.

Amen and welcome here!
Glory to God and praise to Him for pulling you out of all of that, is His grace not oh so sufficient??!!! Amen.
I agree totally with you on the division, hatred and POLITICS!!! We should not be concerned about "the cares of this world", and politics has to be one of the biggest care's of THIS world there is. How about caring about people for a change?
But, I must admit that I have had a few (very few) replies to certain political threads :oops:

"Had I not experienced the grace of Christ a year before, these forums would certainly have had me turn away from the church, from God and from Christ out of disgust at how His followers treat one another in these pages. Had I not seen a beautifully written post entitled "A call to calm" I would have closed this page as I did all the other hate-filled pages where Christians have forgotten His message."

This site and others like it I would say, were not made for the babes...many are ready to get off as soon as they get on, and I am one of them.
There are many beautiful Christians on here and, they are why I stay. We also just lost a very dear brother so, things are still a bit tender there.
I'm glad you came across Josho's "A Call For Calm".
Again, welcome and I think and hope you will be a good addition here!
God Bless,
Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, all.

Welcome to Christianity Board!
Praise God you found Him and He is doing wonderful new things in your heart and mind.
Seeking Him and His Truth is the best way to find it! That is mostly accomplished through a personal relationship with Him...questions can be answered here but there are many denominations of faith presented here.
So I ask have you been baptized with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?
If so then you are equipped with His gifts and His fruits and can be led by Him into all truth....and He can give discernment about what is false and what is not as far as what others post here.
There are many sub-forums here that allow almost any topic concerning daily living to be discussed. May I suggest you start with the Fellowship Forum, Testimony Forum, and Praise Forum first? Then as you become acquainted with other members you can decide who you would like to follow and learn from.
God Bless and hang in here!

Reactions: Nancy

Sabresong

Jul 31, 2020
Eastern US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, all, for the thoughtful replies. You've given me some things to think about too. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the hatred and division I see on so many forums. THank you all for making me feel welcome here.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, all, for the thoughtful replies. You've given me some things to think about too. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the hatred and division I see on so many forums. THank you all for making me feel welcome here.
Feel free to ask any questions!

Reactions: Nancy and farouk

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main thing that helps me decide is to find out God’s will in a matter. I pray that He will make it very clear to you whether you should join this community.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, all.

Welcome to the forums. It is the wild west here and we are at each others throat. Heck when I first came I was attacked because I am a Traditional Christian who believes in the Liturgy, the Eucharist, and most things that go with it though I am closer to Orthodox than Catholic I still like both. It got so bad here that I had to give an explanation in my signature. I was no saint because I responded in kind especially for my resentment of evangelical, WOF, and Calvinism though I am trying to be better I am better depending on the day :D

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Sabersong.....the wheat and the tares grow together and often they are indistinguishable unless one is well versed in God's words.
I have found barking and belching wherever I go but there is the consolation and an assuring promise, 'you will know them by their fruits' and 'what comes out of the mouth is the overflowing of the heart'

God's people are privileged to be able to examine themselves, to choose a love for righteousness and the desire to put away sin in all its hideous disguises......in short, to reflect the character of our Redeemer and in thankful humility know that the time is short.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi, all.

Well said, and welcome brother. I've been here for 4 days and I'm becoming quite sure that this is where I'm supposed to be. Your post is just more confirmation for me. Hope to talk with you soon. Shalom "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16 NIV

Reactions: Nancy