The messiah didn't come yet.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did Jesus call the blind, blind ?

Why did all the messengers of God call the blind, blind ?

? What did Jesus call them ?

first thanks for the reply, but did I, 101G, or God call "THESE" Jew blind, quote me right, ok. and I gave the scripture why "THESE" unbelieving Jew are blind by God", Romans 11:25 "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in". so no it'snot simple, but a written fact.

PICJAG.

He fulfilled the prophecies that the Messiah would die and be raised from the dead. When he returns he will fulfill the prophecies of ruling the earth. If the Jews had received him perhaps he would have already fulfilled the prophecies of ruling.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But he was worshiped.
regardless, He did not ask to be i guess
actually "worshipped" is...manifests a different scene to us mentally than was maybe meant?

The wise men came to worship him.
well, you'd have to Quote that for me, i dont think so, but maybe. Might make a comment upon the wise in their own eyes, but id wanna see the vv for that first

He claimed that he could forgive sins
forgive, and you will be forgiven eh

and that he would judge everyone on the last day.
i dont think Jesus claimed that personally? So again, id wanna see the vv
Only God can do these things.
"God" is...um, a very generic address, after all, I said "you are elohim," so i would have to categorically disagree with your perspective there wadr
When he came the Jews understood that the Messiah would be God in human form. They seem to have lost this knowledge because they rejected him.
then im not sure why you say "the Messiah has not come?" Is that this thread? Was that you? I might be misappropriating there, sorry

Last edited:

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wont the saved be called home before the ????????? A. C. comes ????

All believers will be taken out of the world at the rapture. This will be followed by a seven year period called the Tribulation, in which the earth will be judged and many will turn to God and be forgiven. The sheep and goats judgment in Matthew 24 will be a judgment of those who are alive when Christ returns. The goats will be condemned to Hell and the sheep will remain on earth to enter the Millenium and to repopulate the earth.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, you'd have to Quote that for me, i dont think so, but maybe. Might make a comment upon the wise in their own eyes, but id wanna see the vv for that first

Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the east came to Jerusalem, saying, “Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”
Matthew 2:1,2 ESV

i dont think Jesus claimed that personally? So again, id wanna see the vv

He made this claim several times. Here is one of them:

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
Matthew 7:21-23 ESV

then im not sure why you say "the Messiah has not come?" Is that this thread? Was that you? I might be misappropriating there, sorry

I wasn't the one who said the Messiah hasn't come. It was Eliyahu613.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the east came to Jerusalem, saying, “Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”
Matthew 2:1,2 ESV
well, written to us as "worship" in english, yes, when all they may have meant to do was "revere" Him, pay Him homage, not that an infant Jesus could have stopped them "worshipping" Him anyway i guess, but after all, He did give us the true def of "worship" elsewhere, right? So wadr, bad english xlations aside, no actual worship occurred that day, i am pretty sure. True worship is etcetc right

He made this claim several times. Here is one of them:
wadr "I never knew you" is not exactly judgement? Got any others?

I wasn't the one who said the Messiah hasn't come. It was Eliyahu613.
my apologies
All believers will be taken out of the world at the rapture. This will be followed by a seven year period called the Tribulation, in which the earth will be judged and many will turn to God and be forgiven. The sheep and goats judgment in Matthew 24 will be a judgment of those who are alive when Christ returns. The goats will be condemned to Hell and the sheep will remain on earth to enter the Millenium and to repopulate the earth.
so you say, but understand that that does not mean it is true, ok?
you might stay flexible there fwiw

Last edited:

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
John 4:25 "The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.John 4:26 "Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he"....... BINGO, he has come.

PICJAG.
Bs"d

So when somebody says: "I am the messiah", then the messiah has come?

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
He fulfilled the prophecies that the Messiah would die and be raised from the dead. When he returns he will fulfill the prophecies of ruling the earth. If the Jews had received him perhaps he would have already fulfilled the prophecies of ruling.
Bs"d

There are no prophecies in the Tanach that the messiah would die and be raised from the dead.

Last edited:

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
first thanks for the reply, but did I, 101G, or God call "THESE" Jew blind, quote me right, ok. and I gave the scripture why "THESE" unbelieving Jew are blind by God", Romans 11:25 "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in". so no it'snot simple, but a written fact.

PICJAG.
Bs"d

Is everything that is written down automatically a fact?

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
But he was worshiped. The wise men came to worship him. He claimed that he could forgive sins and that he would judge everyone on the last day. Only God can do these things.

Bs"d

So when I claim that I can forgive sins and that I will judge everybody on the last day, then I am automatically God? Because only God can do those things?

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
The Messiah you are waiting for will be the Antichrist.

He will claim to be God and Christ and you will fall for it.
Bs"d

No, I'm not going to fall for something like that, because I'm NEVER going to worship a human being.

Worshiping a human is totally forbidden, it is idolatry. Only God may be worshiped. And God is not a human being:

"God is not human, that he should lie" Num 23:19

"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.” 1 Samuel 15:29

"For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you." Hosea 11:9

"You saw no form of any kind the day Y-H-W-H spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below. And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things Y-H-W-H your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven."
Deut 4:15-19

Last edited:

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel

Bs"d

The first prophecy there is the following: "And I will put enmity between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

The claim is that the following verses are a messianic prophecy: "The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed are you above all cattle, and above all wild animals; upon your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life. I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel." The fact of the matter is that nowhere here is spoken about a messiah, nowhere does it speak about a king or a ruler like it does in the genuine messianic prophecies, here is not spoken about a descendant of David or his father Jesse, the word "messiah" is not used here, there is not spoken here about a redeemer who is going to save the whole world from its sins; those things only exist in the minds of brainwashed Christians when they read this text. The only thing this text says is that there will be enmity between the seed of the woman and the seed of the snake. What is the seed of the woman? All mankind. What is the seed of the snake? Many more snakes. “he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.” That means; men shall kill snakes, and snakes will bite men in the legs. That is all this text says. But even according the Christian understanding there is a big problem. Christianity claims that the snake is the devil, and the seed of the woman is supposed to be JC, who came to crush the head of the serpent. But we see that AFTER the death of JC, as it is written in I Peter 5:8, that the devil is going round like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. So unless somebody wants to say that the devil is going round with a crushed head, looking who he can devour, this prophecy is NOT fulfilled. So if you really want to see this as a messianic prophecy, then you can add another one to the unfulfilled messianic prophecies.

Last edited:

Eliyahu613

Apr 14, 2020
Judea
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Bs"d

The second prophecy there is this: "Messiah would be born in Bethlehem.Micah 5:2"

Here is the messianic prophecy of Mica 5:

Micha 5:2-9; "But thou Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel. And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for NOW shall he be great unto the ends of the earth. And this man shall be the peace, when the Assyrian shall come into our land: and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight principal men. And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof: thus shall he deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our borders. And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the LORD, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men. And the remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles in the midst of many people as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep: who, if he go through, both treadeth down, and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver. Thine hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off."

Here we have very clearly physical redemption from earthly enemies: "And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword", "Thine hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off." These are very clear verses that can not be misinterpreted; when the messiah comes the Jewish enemies are going to be slaughtered. And the one coming forth from Bethlehem is to be a ruler in Israel, that is a king, or maybe nowadays a president, but not a wandering preacher and miracle healer.

So the messianic prophecy of Mica 5 is obviously NOT fulfilled by JC.