The Messiah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 13:6-9 KJV
[6] He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. [7] Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? [8] And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it : [9] And if it bear fruit, well : and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would God concoct an extensive code of laws and give them to the people only to recommend that they be ignored a few hundred years later?

Why would God deprive Adam and Eve and their descendants of eternal life only to decide four thousand years later to resurrect the dead, put them on trial, and grant eternal life to some select number?

Those don't sound like the actions of an omniscient and perfect God.
Those laws were laws that were symbolically pointing to Jesus sacrifice. The 10 Commandments are still in place.

He didn't decide later to resurrect them. the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world--God knew and had planned out the story of redemption for His people who will be resurrected at the end of time.

Apr 25, 2023
North Bend
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Eternal life is not a Tree.

Maybe not to you, but the authors of the Old Testament believed that the fruit of the tree of life could extend life indefinitely. Once Adam and Eve were evicted from the garden of Eden neither they nor their descendants were able to continue eating the fruit of the tree of life, and they therefore became mortal. That's why the Old Testament authors (excepting Daniel) didn't believe in Jesus's message of the resurrection of all of the dead, the trial of the resurrected dead, and the granting of eternal life to some portion of them. That's why Psalm 88 says that God has neither the power to resurrect the dead, nor the ability to forgive their sins. And that's why you'll never understand the Bible until you learn to read it for what it actually says, rather than on the basis of what you have chosen to believe.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe not to you, but the authors of the Old Testament believed that the fruit of the tree of life could extend life indefinitely. Once Adam and Eve were evicted from the garden of Eden neither they nor their descendants were able to continue eating the fruit of the tree of life, and they therefore became mortal. That's why the Old Testament authors (excepting Daniel) didn't believe in Jesus's message of the resurrection of all of the dead, the trial of the resurrected dead, and the granting of eternal life to some portion of them. That's why Psalm 88 says that God has neither the power to resurrect the dead, nor the ability to forgive their sins. And that's why you'll never understand the Bible until you learn to read it for what it actually says, rather than on the basis of what you have chosen to believe.
Could you give the specific verse that say God doesn’t have the power to resurrect the dead or the power to forgive?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point of my original posting on this thread was to show that the Old and New Testament authors had two very different and mutually exclusive conceptions of morality, law, and what would happen at the end of time.

And what is your point of that?

My point is...that you are somewhat correct, and therefore are not stupid. You just don't have all the information.

Apr 25, 2023
North Bend
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
And what is your point of that?

My point is...that you are somewhat correct, and therefore are not stupid. You just don't have all the information.

Did you bother to read my initial posting on this thread? I stand by everything I said in that posting and I don't see any value in restating what I already said.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What possible relevance could the Cross of Christ have to anyone who lived before the time of Jesus?

Because the Cross of Christ is related to FAITH.

God requires FAITH in CHRIST before He will take you as His own.

Abraham, (Old Testament) is the "Father of our Faith" , because Abraham, believed God and his faith was counted as his Justification, His Righteoujsness.

In the NT...>>"faith is counted as righteousness". "justification by faith".

Same faith, same justification, but in the NT< you have the Cross of Christ that is the "one time eternal sacrifice for sin".

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s so ironic to me, you start a thread labeled Messiah, quote Old Testament scripture of his spirit speaking into a man thousands of years ago…..and can’t hear his voice.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What possible relevance could the Cross of Christ have to anyone who lived before the time of Jesus? Or to anyone at any time who had never heard of Jesus, or the Bible, or the Cross of Christ?
I can assure you it was very relevant to those first century Christian Jews who fled Jerusalem prior to the Roman massacre.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you get a chance to read Matthew 24 you’ll see he tells them exactly what they’ll experience over the next 30 years or so.

Apr 25, 2023
North Bend
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Because the Cross of Christ is related to FAITH.

God requires FAITH in CHRIST before He will take you as His own.
Well well well. Your true Christian colors have finally shone forth.

God determined that Noah and the seven members of his immediate family were worthy enough that he allowed them all to survive a flood that killed all other humans on the planet. But Noah lived 2500 years before Jesus and therefore could not possibly have known anything about Jesus or the Bible or the stupid Cross of Christ. So according to you he could not possibly have earned the benefits of your beatific faith-- and therefore God will have no choice but to damn Noah and all those who lived before the time of Jesus to hell.

The millions and millions and millions of people who lived and died in the Western hemisphere before the arrival of Europeans in the 15th century would never have had the opportunity to hear about Jesus or the Bible or the Cross of Christ. So according to you God will have to damn them all to hell as well.

And today there are millions and millions of people on planet Earth who have heard little more than rumors or lies about Jesus and who have never had a chance to read a copy of the Bible in their own native language. So they too would be incapable of acquiring faith in Jesus and again your God would have no choice but to damn them all to hell as well.

You have made your God in your own image-- that of a total bigot.

On behalf of all those whom you have so cavalierly denigrated and dismissed I say: THE HELL WITH YOU.

Retract your asinine statement and apologize.