The Midnight Hour

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
read all your wonderful post here. Still I’m not settled on the virgins. ‘Wise’ varies as in He takes the foolish to confound the wise. It is not you but me. Kind of like your recent battle with Paul. Not asking you to convince me and I’m not trying to convince you. I just don’t see how the wise ...if their oil (light) was the light of Christ ... they wouldn’t give to those who didn't NOT ask for light, but DID ASK for light ‘to go out to meet the bridegroom’. The wise didn’t give for fear there would not be enough light ‘Christ’ for them and another. Not to mention all the countless verses of giving to him who lacks. Even the ‘depart I never knew you’ in the you didn’t visit me in prison, you didn’t give me food when I was hungry, you didn’t give me water when I was thirsty, or clothe me when I was naked’ the ‘doing’ in when He comes being toward those who lack. Instead a hoarding up of seek after your own and not the things of another's. Not ‘I will gladly spend and be spent by you, although the more I love you the less I be loved.’ Paul said it but it could have easily been said by Jesus Christ as well. ‘Gladly I will spend and be spent by you. Though the more I love ...the less I be loved.’ Proverbs 16:8 Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.
...better is a little with Christ than great revenues without Him.
With but they lacked opportunity...was not the share your light with us ...opportunity for Christ to increase? Why would God oppose giving to a brother on need or without?

Another struggle is the one son who wasted all his living on rioting and joined himself to that country eating husk ...he would have been as those foolish who ‘wasted it’ maybe to come and knock, crying “I am without”! Then the command if you hear a knock, open it...with He who doesn’t love his brother hasn't heard the voice of he who knocks. ‘I am without’! I stand and knock...open!

2 Corinthians 6:11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart (Christ)is enlarged.

Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

John 13:7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

Luke 22:55-57 And when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down among them. [56] But a certain maid beheld him as he sat by the fire, and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was also with him. [57] And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not.
@VictoryinJesus It's all about being ready for the Lord, isn't it? when He comes...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...which the ten virgins is also about lending? Why is it considered good they didn’t share oil?
Filled but not running over the top, not overflowing?

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;" Psalm 133:1-2

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over." Psalm 23:5

"Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil." Joel 2:23-24

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only find 2 times in the bible where virgins are male.

1Co 7:25 Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.
1Co 7:26 I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say, that it is good for a man so to be.
1Co 7:27 Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.
1Co 7:28 But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you.

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Psa 32:2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Jhn 1:47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!

1Pe 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

craft, deceit, guile
from an obsolete primary verb, δέλλω déllō (probably meaning to decoy; compare G1185); a trick (bait), i.e. (figuratively) wile:—craft, deceit, guile, subtilty.

Jhn 21:1 After these things Jesus shewed himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias; and on this wise shewed he himself.
Jhn 21:2 There were together Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two other of his disciples.
Jhn 21:3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing.
Jhn 21:4 But when the morning was now come, Jesus stood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.
Jhn 21:5 Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.

1. Simon Peter, 2. Thomas called Didymus, 3. Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, 4 & 5, the sons of Zebedee.
and 2. other of his disciples.

I see 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes.
Where are the other 5?
Judas is fallen, Leaves 4.
who's missing?

That night they caught nothing.

Children, have ye any meat? They answered, No.

Mat 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Mar 1:17 And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.

Rev 2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
Rev 2:3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
Rev 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Rev 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Jhn 21:7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.

Jhn 21:9 As soon then as they were come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid thereon, and bread.

Rev 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Mar 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

Luk 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Jhn 21:5 Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
5 foolish and 5 wise... and 2 candlesticks.

5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes.

who is missing of the remaining 4?

Mat 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;

Mat 10:3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;

Mat 10:4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.

Jhn 21:2 There were together Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two other of his disciples.

Is Nathanael of Cana, Simon the Canaanite?

Andrew, Philip, Bartholemew, Matthew.

2 other.. James the son of Alphaeus and Lebbaeus surnamed Thaddaeus.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
Mat 10:9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,
Mat 10:10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

Jhn 21:3
Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Andrew, Philip, Bartholemew, Matthew. not fishing..

Andrew:
Mat 4:18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.

Act 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.

Now is Nathanael, Simon Zelotes??

Very confusing all the name changes.

So where was Andrew, Philip, Bartholemew and Matthew?

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
Act 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.
Act 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

When did Simon Peter go fishing?

I see some are hanging out in the upper room while others have gone a fishing..
10 virgins.. 5 with oil and 5 without.
And don't forget the fishes.

Nathanael of Cana, Simon the Canaanite, Simon Zelotes..
shovel time at midnight