The most "evident" truth of scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
Rom 3:19

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

I find it really hard to understand how satan has so blinded much of the "church" It seems so few understand what is so clear? So here is the first truth, that every man that comes to God must first cast aside his own righteousness as filthy rags. Those who attempt to justify themselves by the "letter" are yet seeking to justify their own flesh.

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
Angelina said:
I do not know of any such Church...can you please clarify? :huh:

Bless ya!
Well I am not here to offend any one group, but the fact that many are going about to establish their own righteousness by works, is very evident to me, and many others. The fact that the law of Moses, is being taught, in many groups cannot be denied.

2Co 3:6

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
2Co 3:7

But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

Levi

May 30, 2013
HiddenManna said:
Well I am not here to offend any one group, but the fact that many are going about to establish their own righteousness by works, is very evident to me, and many others. The fact that the law of Moses, is being taught, in many groups cannot be denied.

2Co 3:6

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
Where is the Law of Moses being taught?

Can you give us a website? A post?

Thanks.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
HiddenManna said:
Rom 3:19

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

I find it really hard to understand how satan has so blinded much of the "church" It seems so few understand what is so clear? So here is the first truth, that every man that comes to God must first cast aside his own righteousness as filthy rags. Those who attempt to justify themselves by the "letter" are yet seeking to justify their own flesh.

I don't think you are living in the right century! There are no more Judaizers...save perhaps the sabbath keeping crowd!

But nobody would go for a physical circumcision anyway....far too painful! And the kosher laws....oy vey!!!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Levi said:
Don't be slamming on the kosher diet, many people have found success in this. :lol:
Well as long as you don't teach this for justification you will not run afoul of the OP!!! ;)

Levi

May 30, 2013
Episkopos said:
Well as long as you don't teach this for justification you will not run afoul of the OP!!! ;)
It would only be justifiable if the person had success, otherwise it's a waste of time. :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Levi said:
It would only be justifiable if the person had success, otherwise it's a waste of time. :)

Which of course we know was the case. You know...I think I'll stay with the works of faith as opposed to the works of the law!

Levi

May 30, 2013
Episkopos said:
Which of course we know was the case. You know...I think I'll stay with the works of faith as opposed to the works of the law!
Now that Christ fulfilled the righteousness of the law in us.......works of faith is the only way to go, eh? :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Levi said:
Now that Christ fulfilled the righteousness of the law in us.......works of faith is the only way to go, eh? :)

Amen! for such were we created anew in Him!

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
Levi said:
Where is the Law of Moses being taught?

Can you give us a website? A post?

Thanks.
Well, you do understand that the Ten Commandments are the law of Moses, dont you?
And these are taught in many places, many groups teach one must keep the sabbath day of the week. If you cannot see this? Then I doubt you will understand what the term "evident" means.
Episkopos said:
I don't think you are living in the right century! There are no more Judaizers...save perhaps the sabbath keeping crowd!

But nobody would go for a physical circumcision anyway....far too painful! And the kosher laws....oy vey!!!
Do you really think the "law of Moses" is just circumcision? No all that is written in the book of the law, "every jot and tittle"

2Co 3:8 (Ten Commandments)

How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
2Co 3:9

For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
2Co 3:10

For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
2Co 3:11

For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
2Co 3:12

Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
2Co 3:13

And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
2Co 3:14

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

Levi

May 30, 2013
HiddenManna said:
Well, you do understand that the Ten Commandments are the law of Moses, dont you?
And these are taught in many places, many groups teach one must keep the sabbath day of the week. If you cannot see this? Then I doubt you will understand what the term "evident" means.
It really doesn't matter if "many groups" teach one must keep the sabbath, just because "many groups" teach it, doesn't make it true.

Many groups are wrong - Jesus is the Sabbath.
HiddenManna said:
Do you really think the "law of Moses" is just circumcision? No all that is written in the book of the law, "every jot and tittle"
Huh?
Why would you suddenly jump to this conclusion?
Why would you assume this?

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
Levi said:
It really doesn't matter if "many groups" teach one must keep the sabbath, just because "many groups" teach it, doesn't make it true.

Many groups are wrong - Jesus is the Sabbath.

Huh?
Why would you suddenly jump to this conclusion?
Why would you assume this?
Well the second part was to another post. And you ask where the law of Moses was being taught? as if it was not? Do you just ask questions that you already know to be true, as if they are not?

The fact that many teach the law is not in question, is it?

Levi

May 30, 2013
HiddenManna said:
Well the second part was to another post. And you ask where the law of Moses was being taught? as if it was not? Do you just ask questions that you already know to be true, as if they are not?

The fact that many teach the law is not in question, is it?
What is this thread about?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
HiddenManna said:
Well you posted on it? You can read the first post and understand the "evident" truth that many fail to understand, can you not?

We have a crisis where Christians are being enticed into following Judaism?

Levi

May 30, 2013
HiddenManna said:
Well you posted on it? You can read the first post and understand the "evident" truth that many fail to understand, can you not?
I hope it's not going to be an unbalanced view, the one where believers have no accountability.

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
Levi said:
I hope it's not going to be an unbalanced view, the one where believers have no accountability.
Your free to hold me accountable to Gods Word, to this point, I have seen no issue of scripture, but just random questions that seem to have no point as it relates to the issue of the thread.

Episkopos said:
We have a crisis where Christians are being enticed into following Judaism?
Yes the "law" is not of faith. So the issue is not judaism it is the written code that is the issue.

Rom 7:5

For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 7:7

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
HiddenManna said:
Your free to hold me accountable to Gods Word, to this point, I have seen no issue of scripture, but just random questions that seem to have no point as it relates to the issue of the thread.

Yes the "law" is not of faith. So the issue is not judaism it is the written code that is the issue.

Rom 7:5

For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 7:7

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

You may be confusing the words of the law with the works of faith. The written code, as you call it, is what you are basing a bad understanding of grace on. So you yourself are also trying to justify yourself because of a written code.

But the work of God is that we walk like Jesus and do no sin.