The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 2:26 says “faith without works is dead”. In other words, without obedience to God’s commandments (1John 2:3-4), your faith means nothing. Even when Adam and Eve were perfect (before the Fall), God demanded obedience from them. Why? Because that’s how God tests and measures our love for Him. Nothing has changed - Jesus said, “If you love me, you will keep my commandments” (John 14:15).
Yep it does

if you have a dead faith you will not do works, IN the same token, you have never been saved,

quite ignoring every other passage that says faith apart from works.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The power of human nature to conform to the group without understanding does not provide truth or authority. It is a survival instinct. Jesus told us to follow Him we must hate such conformity. It is why the world is lost, bound in sin. It is also how loyalty to a group is so embedded in belief despite obviously weird beliefs.

People will commit suicide than oppose such loyalty. If you cannot see this far, then what I share will bounce off.
Jesus told us to follow Him we must hate such conformity. It is why the world is lost, bound in sin. It is also how loyalty to a group is so embedded in belief despite obviously weird beliefs.

True Shalom is only in Jesus, not found in mankind nor man's religions, yes, only in Jesus.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
(the gates of hell do not prevail over those who are born again by the will of the Creator in heaven, no. Even as martyrs, born again believers "win"/ prevail over sin and the world and the rcc and the devil)
But you have no names of any "born again believers" or "martyrs" from the 2nd century on. Combine this with a flat out rejection of writings from the Early Church Fathers, your version of the early church is pure fiction. The gates of hell shall not prevail against the Church was spoken to Peter, and only to Peter. It does not support the false man made tradition of Individualism.

Certainly, the gates of hell have come against the Church, as history shows, but it has never prevailed, and nowhere does the Bible say it would. "not prevail" does not mean "overcome", so frothing-at-the-mouth anti-Catholics have changed the meaning of "not prevail", contrary to God's promises.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerDC

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you have no names of any "born again believers" or "martyrs" from the 2nd century on.
Why believe that ongoing lie?
Read for free Foxes Book of Martyrs for NAME OF TRUE BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS, all MARTYRS, through the centuries, which the rcc killed.

So no one has an excuse for rejecting the truth - they are without grace and without hope if they reject the truth and keep doing so.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe in the 66 books of the bible. Yet whether you believe in the catholicized version or the other version. It still is not said in scripture
What you call "he catholicized version" is the original Christian version, which was accepted for 1500 years ... until Protestant heretics mutilated the canon.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you see. People who have not yet come to faith, even if they believe, Have yet to repent.
Repentance is "works", so now you're preaching salvation by faith and works - which according to you is salvation by works. It seems to me that your theology is a confused mess.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
thank you for your honest response brother, for me (being a x-catholic) I always thought that also. But I always repeated the sins weekly, I was never freed from them, so I was still enslaved to the sins. Then I stopped going to confession, prayed to God directly and repented with all my heart ,and I was changed and freed from the sin that enslaved me. I was born again
Catholic confession enslaves the believer to sin - that's hilarious! So much for Jesus empowering His disciples to forgive sins in John 20:22 - it backfired completely!

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But you have no names of any "born again believers" or "martyrs" from the 2nd century on. Combine this with a flat out rejection of writings from the Early Church Fathers, your version of the early church is pure fiction
Anti-Catholic bigots prefer to remain willfully ignorant of pre-Reformation history - it presents inconvenient truths that destroy their mendacious myths.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And you claim then, you are not already saved ?
If I die today, my hope is that I will be judged by Christ be worthy (Rev 3:4) of salvation ... but only Christ knows if I will be saved. I cannot judge myself - if you think you can, you are deluded.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I die today, my hope is that I will be judged by Christ be worthy (Rev 3:4) of salvation ... but only Christ knows if I will be saved. I cannot judge myself - if you think you can, you are deluded.
But it will not be because of any religion, or what men did, they will soon see how much of a waste of there lives it was.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It is interesting that in spite of my attempts to test a believer on this forum to see if they are an 'easy believer' or not by asking questions about the view of their own goodness in the light of the Ten Commandments. I have found that all the ones I have asked have avoided giving straight answers to my questions. I find that instructive.

An easy believer is one who has adopted Christianity by preferring to believe in a God of love and not a God of justice as well. They have come into Christianity which really knowing what they have been saved from, and all they have done is to change from one belief system to another, without actually repenting of anything. This is because repentance and forsaking of sin is missed out of the gospel that has been presented to them, and so they didn't know how God thought of them in their unsaved state. Consequently many have become Christians thinking they are doing God a favour by getting on His bandwagon.

So, an easy believer who has no perception of God's justice, is not following the God of the Bible at all, because He is a God of justice as well as of love. He is following a mental image of a comfortable God and a meek and mild Jesus who will love him all the way to the finish without him having to forsake his sinfulness, and as long as he attends church, sings the hymns, listen to the sermons, lives a moral life, and gives generously to the Red Cross, he will be welcomed into heaven.

A gospel that does not include testing an unbeliever's goodness by the Ten Commandments, convincing him that he is not good, and will be found guilty in the judgment and condemned to hell while he remains in an unsaved state, is a false gospel. That is why we have many wishy washy, easy believers who have one foot still back in the world.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A gospel that does not include testing an unbeliever's goodness by the Ten Commandments, convincing him that he is not good, and will be found guilty in the judgment and condemned to hell while he remains in an unsaved state, is a false gospel. That is why we have many wishy washy, easy believers who have one foot still back in the world.
Yes we see many just like you bringing the world under the law and putting it under condemnation, you know this bit.

Col_2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The part that you keep clawing off and handing out to the world, and all you show them is an angry, spiteful, unloving God. No man can love that what He fears, and a man who fears God cannot love Him.

Give you 10 points for the sneaky way you added this.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes we see many just like you bringing the world under the law and putting it under condemnation, you know this bit.

Col_2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The part that you keep clawing off and handing out to the world, and all you show them is an angry, spiteful, unloving God. No man can love that what He fears, and a man who fears God cannot love Him.

Give you 10 points for the sneaky way you added this.
So you think you are a good person and you did Jesus a favour by becoming a Christian then?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you think you are a good person and you did Jesus a favour by becoming a Christian then?
No He did me a favour by making me one, I could never do it myself, are you crazy, and by the way, He showed me who He was, not what I am, and so because I saw who HE was ,I gave up on myself, because when I looked at Him and than me, all I could see was a man who needed a savior, He didnt come to condemn us but to save us,

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No He did me a favour by making me one, I could never do it myself, are you crazy, and by the way, He showed me who He was, not what I am, and so because I saw who HE was ,I gave up on myself, because when I looked at Him and than me, all I could see was a man who needed a savior, He didnt come to condemn us but to save us,
How do you know you are saved if you don't know what you're saved from? Why did Jesus die on the cross? Do you really know?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you know you are saved if you don't know what you're saved from? Why did Jesus die on the cross? Do you really know?
WelI wasnt saved from the law, as it had no jurisdiction over me, or is that what you dont get, you insist on putting people under the law, and hanging a noose around there necks, Christ doesnt need to condemn, "christians" are condemning the world and them,selves all by them selves. But than was it not you who seed you need to know God in the bible, well God is a God of the living not the dead, Christ is alive and avaliable to all who seek Him, I know the "living word" Jesus Christ, and the God of Isaac, Jacob and Israel.
Condemn them you do yourself,

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
WelI wasnt saved from the law, as it had no jurisdiction over me, or is that what you dont get, you insist on putting people under the law, and hanging a noose around there necks, Christ doesnt need to condemn, "christians" are condemning the world and them,selves all by them selves. But than was it not you who seed you need to know God in the bible, well God is a God of the living not the dead, Christ is alive and avaliable to all who seek Him, I know the "living word" Jesus Christ, and the God of Isaac, Jacob and Israel.
Condemn them you do yourself,
What do you think of this video?