The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be helpful if some posters here would reread the OP and quit mudslinging each other's denominations. IOW get back on topic.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another idiotic statement . . .
Well, the RCC does not baptize per Acts 2:38, so they baptize defenseless newborns that would not be able to know that sprinkling is ridiculous.
Adults think running through the sprinklers to be saved is over the top.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be helpful if some posters here would reread the OP and quit mudslinging each other's denominations. IOW get back on topic.
Sounds good.
Now, why do folks disobey Acts 2:38 to try to save themselves by dry baptism?

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW.

You can’t tell the difference between APOSTATE Jerusalem and the NEW Heavenly Jerusalem??
And you question MY Biblical interpretations??

Now I’m really embarrassed for you.
YIKES!!

Why didn't you address the post ... is it because your own words did NOT hold up against scripture and did NOT hold any water...

This is what happens to your Jerusalem Harlot...

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Revelation 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25] And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26] And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27]And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Now let's take a look at the Harlot which you love and protect, the RCC...

Revelation 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2] And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3] For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

PLEASE pay attention to this next verse...
4] And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Let's pause here for a sec... notice God is calling YOU to Come out of her! Why? Let's take a look...

5] For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6] Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

Did you get that? Come out of her because God has remembered her iniquities!

Sooooo, the question is, Will YOU do what GOD said to do, or will YOU "School us" in the ways of disobedience?

Let's read on...

21] And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
22] And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
2]3 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
24] And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Do you have any understanding ... come down off that high horse and...

1. Repent
2. Find a church in your area that will baptize you in Jesus NAME and,
3. Receive the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance.

The ball is in your court, what will you do?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Reactions: Truther

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you honestly think the inhabitants of Jerusalem were bathless?
The RCC teaches that or just you?
Do YOU honestly believe that 3000 dirty, dusty travelers dunked themselves in the same bath? It would have resembled a chocolate shake after the first 100.

Pouring would have been the only logical choice, especially since the Apostles taught it in the Didache.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the RCC does not baptize per Acts 2:38, so they baptize defenseless newborns that would not be able to know that sprinkling is ridiculous.
Adults think running through the sprinklers to be saved is over the top.
And WHO Baptizes by “sprinkling”??
I’ve never witnessed a Baptism by sprinkling, although it would be as valid as immersion or pouring.

ALL Catholic Baptisms I’ve been to were either done by immersion or pouring over the head THREE TIMES, as prescribed in the Didache (Teachings of the Twelve Apostles):

The Didache - Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism
And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have not living water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm. But if you have not either, POUR OUT WATER THRICE UPON THE HEAD INTO THE NAME OF FATHER AND SON AND HOLY SPIRIT.

Once again, you lose because you don’t do your homework.
Your poor kids . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didn't you address the post ... is it because your own words did NOT hold up against scripture and did NOT hold any water...

This is what happens to your Jerusalem Harlot...

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Revelation 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25] And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26] And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27]And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Now let's take a look at the Harlot which you love and protect, the RCC...

Revelation 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2] And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3] For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

PLEASE pay attention to this next verse...
4] And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Let's pause here for a sec... notice God is calling YOU to Come out of her! Why? Let's take a look...

5] For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6] Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

Did you get that? Come out of her because God has remembered her iniquities!

Sooooo, the question is, Will YOU do what GOD said to do, or will YOU "School us" in the ways of disobedience?
Let's read on...

21] And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
22] And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
2]3 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
24] And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Do you have any understanding ... come down off that high horse and...

1. Repent
2. Find a church in your area that will baptize you in Jesus NAME and,
3. Receive the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance.

The ball is in your court, what will you do?

God Bless!
Once again, you FAIL to differentiate between Apostate Jerusalem and the NEW Heavenly Jerusalem.
Two DIFFERENT entities, so your entire point is moot.

Oh, and I already belong to Crit's 2000 year old Church.
How old is yours??

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see anything in the OP about dry baptism or any baptism for that matter.
It is directly connected to easy believism.

The masses of Christians these days are claiming salvation is not found in Acts, but in the Epistles.

These are professional Acts skippers.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And WHO Baptizes by “sprinkling”??
I’ve never witnessed a Baptism by sprinkling, although it would be as valid as immersion or pouring.

ALL Catholic Baptisms I’ve been to were either done by immersion or pouring over the head THREE TIMES, as prescribed in the Didache (Teachings of the Twelve Apostles):

The Didache - Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism
And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have not living water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm. But if you have not either, POUR OUT WATER THRICE UPON THE HEAD INTO THE NAME OF FATHER AND SON AND HOLY SPIRIT.

Once again, you lose because you don’t do your homework.
Your poor kids . . .
Immerse the head?
That is not even immersing the head.
Does the RCC only bury the heads of their deceased?

Are our heads only buried with Christ in baptism or all of us?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do YOU honestly believe that 3000 dirty, dusty travelers dunked themselves in the same bath? It would have resembled a chocolate shake after the first 100.

Pouring would have been the only logical choice, especially since the Apostles taught it in the Didache.
Do you honestly believe over 500 thousand inhabitants had 1 bathtub and no water sources in Jerusalem?

I suppose the RCC teaches the inhabitants of the size of the city of Sacramento would be fine without any water.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Immerse the head?
That is not even immersing the head.
Does the RCC only bury the heads of their deceased?

Are our heads only buried with Christ in baptism or all of us?
Buried with Christ in Baptism” doesn’t mean “buried with WATER, Einstein.
Is that what you actually thought?? What nonsense.

It means to be buried to the FLESH. Sin no longer has power over us in Christ.
Good grief – no WONDER why you’re so confused . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you honestly believe over 500 thousand inhabitants had 1 bathtub and no water sources in Jerusalem?

I suppose the RCC teaches the inhabitants of the size of the city of Sacramento would be fine without any water.
Sooooooo, what YOU’RE saying is that the Apostles went knocking door-to-door asking people if they could use their bathtubs because they had a bunch of strangers to Baptize??

YOU keep estimating that there were half a million people living in Jerusalem. There were only 3000 people Baptized. The MAJORITY of the homeowners there didn’t believe the Apostles and would NEVER have cooperated with them. They just got done executing their leader. Additionally - the Pharisees NEVER would have allowed them to use the Temple pools used for Ritual Washings to Baptize Christians.

YOUR problem is that you not only show an ignorance of Scripture, history and Catholic doctrine – but a complete lack of common sense.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooooo, what YOU’RE saying is that the Apostles went knocking door-to-door asking people if they could use their bathtubs because they had a bunch of strangers to Baptize??

YOU keep estimating that there were half a million people living in Jerusalem. There were only 3000 people Baptized. The MAJORITY of the homeowners there didn’t believe the Apostles and would NEVER have cooperated with them. They just got done executing their leader. Additionally - the Pharisees NEVER would have allowed them to use the Temple pools used for Ritual Washings to Baptize Christians.

YOUR problem is that you not only show an ignorance of Scripture, history and Catholic doctrine – but a complete lack of common sense.
Soooo what you are saying in 500,000 people in Jerusalem had to carry buckets of water ever day from the Jordan river to fill their bathtubs since there was no mass water source?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Buried with Christ in Baptism” doesn’t mean “buried with WATER, Einstein.
Is that what you actually thought?? What nonsense.

It means to be buried to the FLESH. Sin no longer has power over us in Christ.
Good grief – no WONDER why you’re so confused . . .
What does it mean then, buried in fire?

Buried in confusion?

Buried in hope?

Please elaborate.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo what you are saying in 500,000 people in Jerusalem had to carry buckets of water ever day from the Jordan river to fill their bathtubs since there was no mass water source?
No, we've already established that there were springs and wells that fed the city, Einstein
Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean then, buried in fire?
Buried in confusion?
Buried in hope?
Please elaborate.
Those aren't Biblical terms.
It's like asking me, "What is meant by 'taxation without representation'?"

It's a moot point, Einstein . . .

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, you FAIL to differentiate between Apostate Jerusalem and the NEW Heavenly Jerusalem.
Two DIFFERENT entities, so your entire point is moot.

Oh, and I already belong to Crit's 2000 year old Church.
How old is yours??

Alright, let's see how your "schooling us" in the ways of disobedience is going to turn out for you...

1. You love and embrace the Harlot Church of which God says to "Come out of her"
2. You say to God, NO!
3. God, in His LOVE says again, Come out of her, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
4. Your reply is again, NO!

And somehow *POOF* your going to heaven?

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Again, the ball is in your court.
God is watching to see what you will do.

God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright, let's see how your "schooling us" in the ways of disobedience is going to turn out for you...

1. You love and embrace the Harlot Church of which God says to "Come out of her"
2. You say to God, NO!
3. God, in His LOVE says again, Come out of her, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
4. Your reply is again, NO!

And somehow *POOF* your going to heaven?

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Again, the ball is in your court.
God is watching to see what you will do.

God Bless!
And this is all based on YOUR flawed interpretation of Rev. 18:4 and your rejection of His Church.
He said of His Church:

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

I’m sure He has made note of your rebellion.
Good luck with that . . .