The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How old are you?
You said you had children, but I find that extremely difficult to believe

I peg you at about 15-17 years old.
If I was an infant you would force me to be baptized per eye dropper.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all – there is no “Virgin’s Pool. There was the “Fountain of the Virgin,” named after Jesus’ Mother Mary, who, according to legend, washed his swaddling cloth there. It was a spring that fed the “Pool of Siloam", and is said to have been used for drinking water and irrigationNOT bathing.

As for “Upper Gihon” and “Lower Gihon” – these weren’t pools either. Gihon was also a spring that was used as a fresh water source. The word “Gihon” is derived for the word meaning “gush forth”.

Now, back to the Pool of Siloam – it was a pool that was used for JEWISH Ritual Cleansing. The Priests and scribes would NEVER have allowed the Apostles to use it to baptize people in the Baptism of Christ.

Try again . . .
Poor unbathed half million inhabitants of Jerusalem, including Roman soldiers.

Lol

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, They both had bathing areas. You know, water areas. Places to immerse oneself
Yup - and YOU think the Romans allowed Christian Baptisms n THEIR bathing areas??
[removed] . . .

Last edited by a moderator:

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The church consists of all those who believe on Jesus Christ for salvation; and who are born again of the Holy Spirit: the body of Christ: Christians.
That may be so, but not all Christians have the right to dictate doctrine - only the bishops of the Catholic Church, led by the Pope, have that power. Your "church" doesn't even have bishops!

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
WOW.

You can’t tell the difference between APOSTATE Jerusalem and the NEW Heavenly Jerusalem??
And you question MY Biblical interpretations??

Now I’m really embarrassed for you.
YIKES!!
Your "apostate Jerusalem" hypothesis is very interesting. I'd not heard it before and will look into it. Thanks.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
WOW.

You can’t tell the difference between APOSTATE Jerusalem and the NEW Heavenly Jerusalem?? ...
YIKES!!
It doesn't take much to confuse some folks ... Little wonder they struggle with Catholic theology. It's like trying to teach Grade 12 maths to Grade 1-ers.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I told you.
The RCC is in most Protestant churches.
She is the harlot of Rev. and they are her daughters.
Their doctrines are very similar, so they pass to and fro from it in various ways.
Oneness even has powerful RCC roots.
[removed]

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the truth is exactly what we see in Acts and the epistles.
Your RCC, Trins and oneness are dominated by commentary.
The RCC made up troves of stuff, and Protestants can’t seem to break away from much of it.
The RCC has incredible deceptive powers.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - and YOU think the Romans allowed Christian Baptisms n THEIR bathing areas??
I pity your children . . .
Do you honestly think the inhabitants of Jerusalem were bathless?
The RCC teaches that or just you?