The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said that to the twelve disciples...

This post is another one of a series proclaiming many scriptural points that prove Lord Jesus says "you" to all His disciples in all time during the supper recorded in John chapters 13 to 17, including when He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

JOHN'S WRITINGS FOR US BELIEVERS

The Apostle John wrote "these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name" (John 20:31).

Among the writings of John includes the statements of Jesus "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19). These sayings of Jesus Christ, Lord and God (John 20:28), are part and parcel of the exclusive attribute of Jesus with respect to choice in the salvation of all His sheep in all time.

John's writings are for us believers to believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing we have life in His Name; therefore, belief in Jesus about whom John wrote includes the exclusive centrality of choice reserved to Jesus by Jesus through Jesus in the salvation of all His sheep in all time.

Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) to all His own disciples (John 10:27-29) in all time.

Related post 7: Lord Jesus indicates during the supper that more than the 12 apostles were at the supper

Related post 6: Lord Jesus' prayer for us believers

Related post 5: Lord Jesus Prophesies And Declares The Holy Spirit Indwelling Believers In Jesus Thus "You" In John 14-17 Includes All Believers In Jesus In All Time

Related post 4: Lord Jesus says "what I say to you I say to all" believers in Jesus Mark 13:37)

Related post 3: The Friend Of Jesus (John 15:15) Is Exclusively Chosen By Jesus (John 15:16)

Related post 2: Free-willian's Claim To Superiority Over The Apostles

Related post 1: more disciples present at supper

Lord Jesus Christ died exclusively to save all the persons whom Christ chooses.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, wow, twisting scripture to your whim again I see! You are just guessing. And again, they were all chosen to be part of his ministry, nothing to do with salvation.

You laugh at the Word of God, again, and I tell you that does not endear you to the heart of God!

You wrote "He said that to the twelve disciples", but Lord Jesus says there were more disciples present with "It is one of the twelve, one who dips with Me in the bowl" (Mark 14:19) clearly indicating more than the Apostles were present when Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) to all His own disciples (John 10:27-29).

You lied when you wrote He said that to the twelve disciples".
You tell so many lies.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are blind because that was carefully explained to you. Here it us again since you ask.

Your post does not change that you wrote "He said that to the twelve disciples", and this scriptural post proved that you lied because Matthias and Joseph were there when Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

As a liar, you are an unreliable source for the spiritual meaning, even to yourself, of John chapters 13 to 17, Acts 1:21-23, and Acts 1:13, and the series of posts show with absolute spiritual certainty that Lord Jesus says "you" to all His disciples in all time during the supper recorded in "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).
Sigh. That doesn't answer my question.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know where Paul quotes this from?

And he said,“I will make all my goodness pass before you and will proclaim before you my name ‘The LORD.’ And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy."
Exodus 33:19
It's where Moses wins an argument with God.

Moses said to the Lord, “You have been telling me, ‘Lead these people,’ but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, ‘I know you by name and you have found favor with me.’ 13 If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.”

14 The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

15 Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. 16 How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”

17 And the Lord said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.”

18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”

19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

Why did God have mercy on Moses? Because Moses was his friend and pleased him. Of course God chooses who to have mercy on... but it's not arbitrary.
God desires a relationship with every person. He chooses to save those who cooperate. Thank God we aren't just chosen in the Calvinists Jesus lottery!

None of Exodus 33:12-19, not one iota, states that God created man with free will.

Moses pleading for God's teaching and God's protection are in accord with the Spirit in the passage.

Moses pleading did not oppose God in which is in accord with "the flesh desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. For these are opposed to one another" (Galatians 5:17).

God found favor with Moses to know God, and the passage reveals that Moses prayed for the knowledge of God (Exodus 33:13) then afterward the passage reveals that Moses makes intercession for the people. Since Moses found favor from God (Exodus 33:17), then we know that God granted Moses pleading for God's teaching and God's protection are in accord with the Spirit in the passage.

A vessel of wrath claims "It's where Moses wins an argument with God" for the claim (1) fails to have "wins" in the passage and (2) you make God out to be inferior to man.

Your writings about Romans 9:18-24 are absolutely proven delusional because you claim it's about man controling man's salvation yet Paul states God controls man's salvation with "He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires" (Romans 9:18).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The following sufficiently addresses your question. Here it us again since you wrongfully protest.

Your post does not change that you wrote "He said that to the twelve disciples", and this scriptural post proved that you lied because Matthias and Joseph were there when Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

As a liar, you are an unreliable source for the spiritual meaning, even to yourself, of John chapters 13 to 17, Acts 1:21-23, and Acts 1:13, and the series of posts show with absolute spiritual certainty that Lord Jesus says "you" to all His disciples in all time during the supper recorded in "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claiming free will exists is antichrist? That makes the vast majority of Christianity throughout history antichrist. What a strange claim.

Christians, now and throughout history, know free will is antichrist because the Christ says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation), so all Christians know in free will is the precepts of men that lead to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I'm laughing at your silly claims which don't match scripture.

No you are laughing at the Spirit of Christ for the Christ says "It is one of the twelve, one who dips with Me in the bowl" (Mark 14:19) clearly indicating more than the Apostles were present when Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) to all His own disciples (John 10:27-29).

You lied when you wrote "He said that to the twelve disciples".

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your writings about Romans 9:18-24 are absolutely proven delusional because you claim it's about man controling man's salvation yet Paul states God controls man's salvation with "He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires" (Romans 9:18).
The verse isn't about who controls salvation. It's about God having mercy on Israel when they didn't deserve it and God hardening Israel in response to thier rejection of Jesus, both of which was done to bring salvation to the world.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following sufficiently addresses your question. Here it us again since you wrongfully protest.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians, now and throughout history, know free will is antichrist
Only they don't. Read the early church fathers... they all confirmed man has free will. But you think you know scripture better than those taught by the apostle John's followers.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Were the twelve not there with him? Of course they were. So what I said was truth.

There is record of a single person leaving the supper prior to the supper's conclusion, and that person is Judas Iscariot in the John 13:21-30 passage.

Judas was absent when Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) to all His own disciples (John 10:27-29).

You lied when you wrote "He said that to the twelve disciples". Twelve minus one (Judas) plus two (Matthias and Joseph) means at least 13 documented disciples present when Jesus says the recorded sayings in John chapter 15.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse isn't about who controls salvation. It's about God having mercy on Israel when they didn't deserve it and God hardening Israel in response to thier rejection of Jesus, both of which was done to bring salvation to the world.

Romans 9:18 is certainly about salvation and punishment because (1) the one upon whom God has mercy is a vessel of mercy which God prepared beforehand for glory, this one receives God's salvation (Romans 9:18-24) and (2) the one whom God hardens has the wrath of God thus being a vessel of wrath for destruction, this one receives God's punishment (Romans 9:18-24).

God controls who is a vessel of mercy for glory and who is a vessel of wrath for destruction for Paul wrote "He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires" (Romans 9:18) as part of (Romans 9:18-24).

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes it does, your self will (2 Peter 2:9-10) just gets all stopped up with anything other than wring headed protests (Romans 3:19). Here it is again since you continue to wrongfully protest.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only they don't. Read the early church fathers... they all confirmed man has free will. But you think you know scripture better than those taught by the apostle John's followers.

Now, you make an appeal outside the Bible because there is no scripture that indicates man was imparted free will by God.

Christians, now and throughout history, know free will is antichrist because the Christ says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation), so all Christians know in free will is the precepts of men that lead to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

These Christians include Christians taught by John.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the twelve were not at the last supper?
The twelve were at the supper, but not the whole time of the supper because there is record of a single person leaving the supper prior to the supper's conclusion, and that person is Judas Iscariot in the John 13:21-30 passage.

Judas was absent when Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) to all His own disciples (John 10:27-29).

You lied when you wrote "He said that to the twelve disciples". Twelve minus one (Judas) plus two (Matthias and Joseph) means at least 13 documented disciples present when Jesus says the recorded sayings in John chapter 15.

Last edited: