The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said that to the twelve disciples...

This post is another one of a series proclaiming many scriptural points that prove Lord Jesus says "you" to all His disciples in all time during the supper recorded in John chapters 13 to 17, including when He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

COMMUNION, THE SHARE OF CHRIST BY CHRIST AND THROUGH CHRIST, THE BLESSED GIFT PROVIDED TO HIS OWN PEOPLE

Written of Jesus Christ is "And when He had taken [some] bread [and] given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, 'This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me'" (Luke 22:19).

This event where Lord Jesus says "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me" (Luke 22:19) is during the self-same supper encounter described by the Apostle John in the Gospel of John chapters 13 - 17

Jesus says "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves" (John 6:53). Thus, Life requires eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Lord Jesus Christ. We know that the Corinthians did this after Jesus' ascension because the Apostle Paul wrote to the assembly at Corinth about the communion in eating Christ's flesh and drinking Christ's blood (1 Corinthians 11:23-34).

All of these "you" occurrences derive from the same supper:

The "you" in Luke 22:19 refers to all believers in all time.

The "you" in John 6:53 refers to all believers in all time.

The "you" in John John 15:16 refers to all believers in all time.

The "you" in John John 15:19 refers to all believers in all time.

Communion in Christ, completely of Christ by Christ and through Christ, is for the chosen of God!

Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) to all His own disciples (John 10:27-29) in all time.

Related post 8: John's writings for we believers in all time

Related post 7: Lord Jesus indicates during the supper that more than the 12 apostles were at the supper

Related post 6: Lord Jesus' prayer for us believers

Related post 5: Lord Jesus Prophesies And Declares The Holy Spirit Indwelling Believers In Jesus Thus "You" In John 14-17 Includes All Believers In Jesus In All Time

Related post 4: Lord Jesus says "what I say to you I say to all" believers in Jesus Mark 13:37)

Related post 3: The Friend Of Jesus (John 15:15) Is Exclusively Chosen By Jesus (John 15:16)

Related post 2: Free-willian's Claim To Superiority Over The Apostles

Related post 1: more disciples present at supper

Lord Jesus Christ died exclusively to save all the persons whom Christ chooses.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !
OP ^

@brightfame52 : Another popular Myth in the religious world today, is the Jesus Christ died or gave His Life for everyone in the world without exception, but the problem with that, is there is not one shred of scripture evidence that states that.

Disagree.

The WORD of God, was KILLED BEFORE the Habitat of man (Earth) was Established, and Before man-KIND was Created and Made.

The KILLING of the WORD of God occurred, BY a holy angel, THINKING Gods WORD was “not true”.
(Our first lesson about Gods WORD....Rejecting Gods WORD, Denying God WORD, Thinking /Speaking AGAINST Gods WORD...IS killing Gods Word.)

WITHOUT exception.......The WORD of God, manifested in the LIKENESS as a man, in a Body God Prepared, CALLED by the Name JESUS......
ABSOLUTELY ....
DID GIVE “THAT BODY” unto Death......FOR THE LIFE OF the WORLD

That WAS ...... His GIVING.
What He GAVE.....has NO baring on what “everyone in the world, does or does not do”.

What HE GAVE, WAS GIVEN TO everyone OF the WORLD.
IT BELONGS to everyone OF the World. It is THEIRS.

The CAVEAT IS.......WHAT IS THEIRS...is not FORCED ON THEM...
Everyone of the World, MUST “reach out and TAKE what is theirs”....
To actually “POSSESS”, what is “theirs” to take.

Reach out and TAKE what is a mans.......IS possessed BY that man FOREVER.

Don’t reach out and TAKE what is a mans....THEY LOSE it.

John 6 reveals....the FORETELLING OF:
WHO shall give, WHAT is Given, WHO it is given to, WHAT shall become of one WHO Takes what is given.

John 6:
[51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Further Scripture reveals.....The GIVER, accomplished GIVING what He foretold, He would Give. He further foretold, the TAKING (by any man), could commence, AFTER the GIVER, returned to Heaven, and WOULD Give ALL Takers (on Earth), what He promised....From the Givers Seated position IN Heaven.

Glory to God,
Taken

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 9:18 is certainly about salvation and punishment because (1) the one upon whom God has mercy is a vessel of mercy which God prepared beforehand for glory, this one receives God's salvation (Romans 9:18-24) and (2) the one whom God hardens has the wrath of God thus being a vessel of wrath for destruction, this one receives God's punishment (Romans 9:18-24).

God controls who is a vessel of mercy for glory and who is a vessel of wrath for destruction for Paul wrote "He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires" (Romans 9:18) as part of (Romans 9:18-24).
Whoosh! Right over your head!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These Christians include Christians taught by John.
Ok let's see if that's true:
"I find, then, that man was constituted free by God. He was master of his own will and powerFor a law would not be imposed upon one who did not have it in his power to render that obedience which is due to law. Nor again, would the penalty of death be threatened against sin, if a contempt of the law were impossible to man in the liberty of his will…Man is free, with a will either for obedience of resistance. (c. 207, Vol. 3, pp. 300-301)Tertullian (Quintus Septimius Florens Tertullianus) 160-225 AD

Irenaeus of Lyons, 120-202 AD

The Apostle John had a disciple named Polycarp, and Polycarp had a disciple named Irenaeus.

Irenaeus of Lyons, 120-202 AD

The Apostle John had a disciple named Polycarp, and Polycarp had a disciple named Irenaeus.

Below from (Irenaeus, Against Heresies, book 4, chapter 37, paragraphs 1 – 7)

1. This expression [of our Lord], ‘How often would I have gathered thy children together, and thou wouldest not,’ set forth the ancient law of human liberty, because God made man a free [agent] from the beginning, possessing his own power, even as he does his own soul, to obey the behests (ad utendum sententia) of God voluntarily, and not by compulsion of God. For there is no coercion with God, but a good will [towards us] is present with Him continually. And therefore does He give good counsel to all. And in man, as well as in angels, He has placed the power of choice (for angels are rational beings), so that those who had yielded obedience might justly possess what is good, given indeed by God, but preserved by themselves. On the other hand, they who have not obeyed shall, with justice, be not found in possession of the good, and shall receive condign punishment: for God did kindly bestow on them what was good; but they themselves did not diligently keep it, nor deem it something precious, but poured contempt upon His super-eminent goodness. Rejecting therefore the good, and as it were spewing it out, they shall all deservedly incur the just judgment of God, which also the Apostle Paul testifies in his Epistle to the Romans, where he says, ‘But dost thou despise the riches of His goodness, and patience, and long-suffering, being ignorant that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? But according to thy hardness and impenitent heart, thou treasurest to thyself wrath against the day of wrath, and the revelation of the righteous judgment of God.’ ‘But glory and honour,’ he says, ‘to every one that doeth good.’ God therefore has given that which is good, as the apostle tells us in this Epistle, and they who work it shall receive glory and honour, because they have done that which is good when they had it in their power not to do it; but those who do it not shall receive the just judgment of God, because they did not work good when they had it in their power so to do.

You think you know the scripture better than John the apostles disciples.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The biblical teaching however of the death of Christ is that Christs death was for a definite people, the elect, sheep, His church, them chosen and given to Him by the Father before the foundation, in order to save and redeem them Eph 1:3-7

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;70

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you, my friend, believe that Jesus Christ died for the sins of all men without exception? Perhaps many who read this will answer, Yes. I then ask you, Why are not all men without exception saved? You will probably respond, because they do not believe in Jesus Christ. I will respond that if Christ died for all their sins, He died for their sin of unbelief, and taketh it away as well Jn 1:29, hence as Saviour from sin, He must save from unbelief Matt 1:21. If Christ died for all ones sins, then they must not die for them, for dying in unbelief is equivalent to dying in all your sins Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

You see that, if you die in unbelief, you die in your sins, which supposedly Christ has already died for and satisfied Gods Eternal justice for. In this instance one makes God unjust for punishing someone's sins twice, in Christ their Surety and then in themselves, that's unjust to Christ the Saviour, who suffered and died and the sinner He suffered and died for. However we know God is a Just God and Saviour Isa 45:21

Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.69

If the Son of God paid the price for all men yet some men perish in hell, then His cross does not save all for whom it was made. Then too it is not substitutionary, for if He bore the punishment of the reprobate—in their stead!—why do they perish? If some end up in hell for whom Christ died, then God punished their sins twice, once on the Lord Jesus and once on them. How can the infinitely just God require payment for sins twice? How can He demand punishment of the sinner in hell when satisfaction has already been made for his sins by Jesus? And how can some whom the Saviour delivered, reconciled, redeemed and ransomed dwell forever as God’s enemies in everlasting darkness in the bottomless pit of hell? Remember, there is no condemnation for those for whom Christ died (Rom. 8:34)! Rev angus stewart

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Son of God paid the price for all men yet some men perish in hell, then His cross does not save all for whom it was made. Then too it is not substitutionary, for if He bore the punishment of the reprobate—in their stead!—why do they perish? If some end up in hell for whom Christ died, then God punished their sins twice, once on the Lord Jesus and once on them. How can the infinitely just God require payment for sins twice? How can He demand punishment of the sinner in hell when satisfaction has already been made for his sins by Jesus? And how can some whom the Saviour delivered, reconciled, redeemed and ransomed dwell forever as God’s enemies in everlasting darkness in the bottomless pit of hell? Remember, there is no condemnation for those for whom Christ died (Rom. 8:34)! Rev angus stewart
It's not a formula. It's not Jesus as a direct substitute for me or a few chosen elect people. That's why the ransom theory is more accurate.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If the Son of God paid the price for all men yet some men perish in hell, then His cross does not save all for whom it was made.

The Blood of Jesus saves everyone who does the will of God.
The will of God is that "you BELIEVE in JESUS< whom God sent".

So, if you do that, then you have met this requirement.

= Jesus said....."you must be born again"...........not water baptized, but "BORN AGAIN".......Spiritually.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus Christ died for all without exception, there is only one reasonable conclusion except if you believe the equally erroneous doctrine of universalism, that all without exception shall be saved, and that is if He died for everyone, then Salvation is not conditioned solely on Christs Death and the Grace of God, but on man and what he decides or chooses to accept. Thats an assault on the saving death of Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If Jesus Christ died for all without exception, there is only one reasonable conclusion except if you believe the equally erroneous doctrine of universalism, that all without exception shall be saved, and that is if He died for everyone, then Salvation is not conditioned solely on Christs Death and the Grace of God, but on man and what he decides or chooses to accept. Thats an assault on the saving death of Christ.

John 3:16 and John 3:17 sum it up perfectly.

God was in Christ, died on the Cross, and is not counting sins against you, because God as Christ has paid for your sin on the Cross.

HOWEVER, you have to do the will of God and what Christ said, to receive this that God has finished on the Cross and proved by the Resurrection of Jesus.

Its TRUE that all sin of the world has been resolved 2000 yrs ago, by God as Christ on the Cross.
"it is finished" God said, from the Cross, then died.

However, what He finished is only an offer, unless you RECEIVE IT by FAITH, as the offer of this Salvation that God as Christ has completed for us all, 2000 yrs ago, is not applied until a person comes to Christ, believing.

Here is the plan. :

"the will of God is that you BELIEVE In JESUS, whom God sent".

Jesus said.. "you must be born again".

Reactions: Renniks

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How's it an " assault"?
Of course salvation is conditional on our response to God's grace.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are one VERY CONFUSED individual who has been brainwashed. The condition for salvation is obedience to the Gospel, and if you still don't know that you should go and learn something from the Bible.

1. Christ died for the human race, and even Calvin admitted it.
2. God now commands all men everywhere to repent (Acts 17:30)
3. God now commands all men to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ (Mk 16:15,16)

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:16 and John 3:17 sum it up perfectly.

God was in Christ, died on the Cross, and is not counting sins against you, because God as Christ has paid for your sin on the Cross.

HOWEVER, you have to do the will of God and what Christ said, to receive this that God has finished on the Cross and proved by the Resurrection of Jesus.

Its TRUE that all sin of the world has been resolved 2000 yrs ago, by God as Christ on the Cross.
"it is finished" God said, from the Cross, then died.

However, what He finished is only an offer, unless you RECEIVE IT by FAITH, as the offer of this Salvation that God as Christ has completed for us all, 2000 yrs ago, is not applied until a person comes to Christ, believing.

Here is the plan. :

"the will of God is that you BELIEVE In JESUS, whom God sent".

Jesus said.. "you must be born again".
This is salvation by works.