The name of the Messiah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ServingTheMostHigh

Jan 16, 2014
In a land far, far, away
While many call the Son of the living God Christ, the Messiah our Savior, Lamb, Rock, the Foundation etc., The Messiah has a heavenly name ascribed to him. The former names are used as titles given to the Messiah in which these terms are used to describe him ie. High Priest for his sacrifice fulfilled the priest hood given to the Levites. King, for he is from the tribe of Judah who were known to have kingship and will be restored through the Messiah upon his return.

(Mat 1:20) But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

(Mat 1:21) And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

(Mat 1:22) Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

(Mat 1:23) Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Now let’s compare verses 21 and 23. In 21 it is explained that Mary shall conceive a son by whom she will call him “JESUS”. However in Matthew verse 23, it is written that Mary described as the virgin will conceive a son by whom they shall call him Emmanuel, meaning God with us. In fact the birth of the Messiah was spoken by the prophet Isaiah explained in verse 22.

(Isa 7:14) Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

(Isa 7:15) Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

(Isa 7:16) For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

(Isa 7:17) The LORD shall bring upon thee, and upon thy people, and upon thy father's house, days that have not come, from the day that Ephraim departed from Judah; even the king of Assyria.

(Isa 8:8) And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.

(Isa 8:14) And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

(Isa 8:15) And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.

Not only did the prophet Isaiah prophesied about the birth of the Messiah, but he prophesied about what will occur during the time of his fleshly existence on Earth. Similarly, these are fulfilled with the Messiah’s own words.

(Luk 20:17) And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
[SIZE=11pt](Luk 20:18)[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The stone is a representation of Christ for he is the Rock[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]1Co_10:4[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock[/SIZE] was Christ.
[SIZE=11pt] The builders are a personification of Israel in which they are supposed to build on the foundation of Christ. However people who reject this will soon find out what will happen.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] Christ who is the rock also is the root of foundation to the understanding of the Heavenly Father.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Those who fall on the belief of Christ and his understandings will fall for they are those who stumble to and fro on understanding and will eventually fall when trouble come for they do not have the complete armour of God which requires the understanding of Christ. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Now let’s examine Isaiah again[/SIZE]

Isa 8:14) And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

(Isa 8:15) And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.

Isaiah prophesied that the Messiah existence will cause a stumbling block and offense to both the Houses of Israel, (the Northern and Southern Kingdom which became was established after Solomon’s rule) for many did not have already have a foundation and were caught in the beliefs and philosophies of men taught by the Pharisees and the Sadducees. If some of the Hebrews read the Torah and listened to the prophets and were true to the Father, they would have known that the Messiah had come. Christ implied this many times: “have you read…” or if they would known the works of the father, then they would have known that he was sent to do His Father’s will.
Joh 10:25) Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

So now that we have studied the precepts between Luke and Isaiah in the prophecy of the Messiah, the question is: Why is it not brought to the attention to any congregation that the name Immanuel is the name of the Messiah spoken by Isaiah the prophet and Matthew?
The name Immanuel is of Hebrew origin “Immanawal” means God with us, where as Jesus is not. The letter “J,” “E” and “U” are not of Hebrew origin.
Coincidentally a majority of the names of angels carry the same suffix ‘el’ pertaining to ‘god’ or ‘power’ In the book of Enoch here is a list of the name if angels just to name a few
Gabriel- angel or power of war; Gabar ( warrior) H1397 el (power)H410
Michael: who is like god: H4317
Uriel: the flame of god: H222
Phanuel: face of god: h6439

So would it be fit for our Messiah heavenly name be Immanuel? Food for thought

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
His Name is Wonderful

From their first encounters with Christian missionaries, the North American Plains Indians used universal sign language to communicate Psalm 23 among tribes who spoke different oral languages. In 1894, Isabel Crawford, a Baptist missionary to the Kiowa Indians in Oklahoma, translated the Sign Version into literal English. Here is the Psalm 23 translation:

The Great Father above is a shepherd Chief.
I am His and with Him I want not.
He throws out to me a rope and the name of the rope is love and He draws me to where the grass is green and the water not dangerous, and I eat and lie down and am satisfied.
Sometimes my heart is very weak and falls down but
He lifts me up again and draws me into a good road.
His name is WONDERFUL.
Sometime, it may be very soon, it may be a long, long time.
He will draw me into a valley.
It is dark there, but I’ll be afraid not, for it is in between those mountains that the Shepherd Christ will meet me and the hunger that I have in my heart all through this life will be satisfied.
He gives me a staff to lean upon.
He spreads a table before me with all kinds of foods.
He puts His hand upon my head and all the “tired” is gone.
My cup He fills till it runs over.
What I tell is true.
I lie not.
These roads that are “away ahead” will stay with me through this life and after; and afterwards I will go to live in the great house and sit down with the Shepherd Chief forever.

~Isabel Crawford (Missionary to the Indians of the plains)

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
:) The Trinity sure has lots of names :)

First he is called Faithful and True in Rev 19:11
Then it says nobody knows his name except He himself Rev 19:12
Then it says His name is The Word Of God Rev 19:13
On his robe and thigh is written king of kings and lord of lords. Rev 19:16

In the meantime , while I am still down here , I am going to play it safe and stick with JESUS

Matt 12:21
Matt 18:20
Matt 21:9
Luke 2:21
John 3:18
John 14:14
John 17:11
Acts 2:21
Acts 2:28
Acts 4:12 (sounds important)

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth "
- Jesus Christ -

"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being." - Revelation 4:11​
All things were created through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created. - John 1:3​
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. - John 1:14​