Did Satan intend to kill Christ....?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I was preparing a lesson, it dawned on me that Satan would not have gained anything by Christ's death in itself. What he needed was to break down Christ to the point of death where he would be more susceptible to stumble and sin. Thus the beatings and lashings and humiliations to get him to sin, along with taunting and baiting for Christ to show himself as the Son of God, as he had done before.
Matthew 4:6
And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Trying to make Christ react out of feelings and anger and reveal his full divinity much like the temptation to use his divine power to make bread out of stone, which would have made Satans point that Christ could not make it as flesh in overcoming sin. Satan knew to use the Romans soldiers as they were well trained in applying torture without letting the person die quickly, extending it as long as possible and if it included being crucified, you may be left to a agonizing death of several days.

But Satan had to get Christ to somehow sin, maybe from the torture and pain, or the loss of blood, or from the numbing affects of vinegar they gave Christ on a sponge. Someway, somehow, he had to be broken and forced to sin, but it had to happen first before his death, Satan would have known that, and yet..

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I was preparing a lesson, it dawned on me that Satan would not have gained anything by Christ's death in itself. What he needed was to break down Christ to the point of death where he would be more susceptible to stumble and sin. Thus the beatings and lashings and humiliations to get him to sin, along with taunting and baiting for Christ to show himself as the Son of God, as he had done before.
And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Trying to make Christ react out of feelings and anger and reveal his full divinity much like the temptation to use his divine power to make bread out of stone, which would have made Satans point that Christ could not make it as flesh in overcoming sin. Satan knew to use the Romans soldiers as they were well trained in applying torture without letting the person die quickly, extending it as long as possible and if it included being crucified, you may be left to a agonizing death of several days.

But Satan had to get Christ to somehow sin, maybe from the torture and pain, or the loss of blood, or from the numbing affects of vinegar they gave Christ on a sponge. Someway, somehow, he had to be broken and forced to sin, but it had to happen first before his death, Satan would have known that, and yet..
I've never given this any thought. Off the top of my head, I'm sure Satan was pleased to have Jesus out of the way.

Did Satan know Jesus would rise again?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The Devil you mean ? The Devil himself who talked to Jesus !
Satanist are a Mob ?

The Devil himself does nothing at all but deception ! that's all that he does and people do the rest for they are lead astray in fact by the deceptions of Devil !

I do not think that the Devil himself kills anyone. so he can only tempt one !

Was the Devil himself in regards Jesus ? No ! Devil is still the same old Devil ! nothing has changed, only that Jesus mad it so that one could understand where the Devil is truly only coming from in fact. All that the Devil did was up the anti to create deception regarding Jesus being the Christ ! But once one is truly born again, then one knows who you are truly up against, just like Jesus did in fact !

You can not be killed by the Devil himself ! but for his Mob who are Lost !

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never given this any thought. Off the top of my head, I'm sure Satan was pleased to have Jesus out of the way.

Did Satan know Jesus would rise again?
If Christ had stumbled and sinned, Satan didn't have to worry as he now had what he wanted, the world as his, and proof that God's Law could not be kept, which he would claim to the universe. So it was big...

Reactions: Bob Estey