The Nature of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember the Bible is True. The Bible is from God. By God and for God to give to us.

Reactions: Born_Again

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
StanJ said:
I guess that's because you obfuscate and equivocate so much you even confuse yourself.
You also apparently don't seem to agree with what the Bible says in John 4:24, which I can't say it's surprising seeing as you don't seem to agree with the majority of what the scriptures say.
I assuming you are not using that passage as evidence God is not all present.

You are correct that I disagree with you on what those words mean if you embrace what the majority teach. Ghosts are spirits and God is not a spirit in the sense they are.

John 4:24Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John writes like this in 1 John 4:16 as well and there he claims God is Love and those that "God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." Look at the context as examine how "spirit" is used in the other side side of the comparison. In that side Jesus is using "spirit" as a synonym of "love" so given its a comparison it follows that he is saying God is Love and they that will worship him must worship him in love and truth.

So that is not the best passage to make the point God is immaterial though I believe that claim is true.

I agree that God has no body to be present but never the less he present in every physical location. The later is what I meant by physically present.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Michael V Pardo said:
I love the line in "Cool hand Luke", "What we have here is failure to communicate."
I have no real problem communicating, but I would have to say it's comprehension that is the problem at this point in time. If one doesn't comprehend the reality of God and who he is, then one cannot very well convey to others who God is.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
I have no real problem communicating, but I would have to say it's comprehension that is the problem at this point in time. If one doesn't comprehend the reality of God and who he is, then one cannot very well convey to others who God is.
You're a very blessed individual, Stan, and you're fully able to teach. Just take it easy on the little ones.
I met a fellow named Steven today (he actually cut my hair, and talking with barbers is usually pleasant.) While talking about some classic Rock and Roll artists that he was listening to, something biblical came up and I was surprised that this middle aged Catholic man was very much interested in talking about the Lord and "was feeling the need" to share his faith in Christ with other people, but not particularly comfortable with the process. I saw a real excitement in this man at the prospect of the Lord's imminent return and recommended a book by Joel Rosenberg, called Epicenter, which gave me the first readily understandable application of the book of Ezekiel to current world events. This very pleasant brother in Christ was no youngster, but spiritually very young, and not entirely prepared to defend his faith, much less preach the gospel.
I know that this sort of electronic venue is far from the best environment for ministry. Its difficult to know what people are really about when you're not face to face with them, but any ministry is an exercise in patience at the very least. You've demonstrated quite a bit of patience in dealing with me, so rebuke with kindness, and give guidance to anyone ready to receive it. We'll no doubt be bumping into many people in eternity that we wouldn't have believed were in the family, but by then we'll be beyond the need for apologies and our works will be behind us. Take care and God bless you with every Spiritual blessing even as its written in the book. Amen.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Michael V Pardo said:
You're a very blessed individual, Stan, and you're fully able to teach. Just take it easy on the little ones.
I met a fellow named Steven today (he actually cut my hair, and talking with barbers is usually pleasant.) While talking about some classic Rock and Roll artists that he was listening to, something biblical came up and I was surprised that this middle aged Catholic man was very much interested in talking about the Lord and "was feeling the need" to share his faith in Christ with other people, but not particularly comfortable with the process. I saw a real excitement in this man at the prospect of the Lord's imminent return and recommended a book by Joel Rosenberg, called Epicenter, which gave me the first readily understandable application of the book of Ezekiel to current world events. This very pleasant brother in Christ was no youngster, but spiritually very young, and not entirely prepared to defend his faith, much less preach the gospel.
I know that this sort of electronic venue is far from the best environment for ministry. Its difficult to know what people are really about when you're not face to face with them, but any ministry is an exercise in patience at the very least. You've demonstrated quite a bit of patience in dealing with me, so rebuke with kindness, and give guidance to anyone ready to receive it. We'll no doubt be bumping into many people in eternity that we wouldn't have believed were in the family, but by then we'll be beyond the need for apologies and our works will be behind us. Take care and God bless you with every Spiritual blessing even as its written in the book. Amen.
You're absolutely right about the online venue issue, but having said that we also need to continue to depend on the Holy Spirit to guide us, no matter what new venue we are in. I received the in filling of the Holy Spirit very shortly after I was saved over 45 years ago and I can tell you that the more we learn to hear his voice the more we do hear him and the easier it is to heed his warnings and instructions. I learned very early on that God had given me the gift of discernment and knowledge. Perfect gifts with this type of venue. I know God uses me despite my shortcomings because he works through weak human vessels.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
You're absolutely right about the online venue issue, but having said that we also need to continue to depend on the Holy Spirit to guide us, no matter what new venue we are in. I received the in filling of the Holy Spirit very shortly after I was saved over 45 years ago and I can tell you that the more we learn to hear his voice the more we do hear him and the easier it is to heed his warnings and instructions. I learned very early on that God had given me the gift of discernment and knowledge. Perfect gifts with this type of venue. I know God uses me despite my shortcomings because he works through weak human vessels.
Amen, brother,
I said that I was going to wrap things up here as well as I'm able and I have a few disagreements that I have to deal with before I can quit. It wouldn't do to walk away while some are laying charges against me. It bolsters their confidence in their self deception, and the Lord has no desire that anyone who calls upon His name be deceived. I'm just hoping that you and the other saints who are well versed will help the young ones, who are easily pulled out of the way to stay on track, to encourage them to seek what is right and good, and to always be examining the word against what I or anyone else says, so that they may understand and be fully equipped for the times and the evil day. Amen.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Michael V Pardo said:
Amen, brother,
I said that I was going to wrap things up here as well as I'm able and I have a few disagreements that I have to deal with before I can quit. It wouldn't do to walk away while some are laying charges against me. It bolsters their confidence in their self deception, and the Lord has no desire that anyone who calls upon His name be deceived. I'm just hoping that you and the other saints who are well versed will help the young ones, who are easily pulled out of the way to stay on track, to encourage them to seek what is right and good, and to always be examining the word against what I or anyone else says, so that they may understand and be fully equipped for the times and the evil day. Amen.
That is about the only reason I go on forums like this. My life verse is 2 Tim 2:15

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael V Pardo said:
God doesn't have a nature
Among Webster's definitions of "nature" are: 1) the way that a person or
animal behaves: the character or personality of a person or animal, and 2)
the inherent character or basic constitution of a person or thing.

About 44 years ago I began to seriously consider my afterlife options. I
knew that even if I managed to keep all the commandments perfectly to a
tee in order to get to heaven, I was pretty sure that I could not keep it up
forever.

God keeps the commandments without even trying. I thought to myself, If i
were like God instead of like me-- that is: if keeping the commandments
came as natural to me as keeping them comes to God --then heaven would
not only be in the bag, but staying there would be a piece of cake too.

Well; apparently me and God were on the same wave length because
surprise of all surprises, the very thing I wished for is available.

2 Peter 1:3-4 . . His divine power has given us everything we need for life
and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory
and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious
promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and
escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

In other words: God has made it possible to swap out human nature with His
own nature; which everybody knows is 110% sinless in thought, word, and
deed.

/

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
Webers_Home said:
Among Webster's definitions of "nature" are: 1) the way that a person or
animal behaves: the character or personality of a person or animal, and 2)
the inherent character or basic constitution of a person or thing.

About 44 years ago I began to seriously consider my afterlife options. I
knew that even if I managed to keep all the commandments perfectly to a
tee in order to get to heaven, I was pretty sure that I could not keep it up
forever.

God keeps the commandments without even trying. I thought to myself, If i
were like God instead of like me-- that is: if keeping the commandments
came as natural to me as keeping them comes to God --then heaven would
not only be in the bag, but staying there would be a piece of cake too.

Well; apparently me and God were on the same wave length because
surprise of all surprises, the very thing I wished for is available.

2 Peter 1:3-4 . . His divine power has given us everything we need for life
and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory
and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious
promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and
escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

In other words: God has made it possible to swap out human nature with His
own nature; which everybody knows is 110% sinless in thought, word, and
deed.

/
It is not a swap as we have both; which is why we are instructed to walk according to the Spirit and not according.

It sure would have made it easier if our flesh nature died and we only had the option to walk according but Paul is speaking figuratively in Romans 6.