The Nature of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
Michael V Pardo said:
No, but the 2nd book I mentioned absolutely does.
if you are talking about The Sign and the Seal by HANCOCK you do know it is not a history book and is based on the authors theory? One reviewer put it best: "Highly recommended for conspiracy fans; unsuitable for historians and archaeologists."

The bottom line is there is NO support for Free Mason before the 1300's and the 1700's being the firm era!! Even the Free Mason's acknowledge that fact.

Respectfully.....Tom

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Michael V Pardo said:
Jesus (Yah-shua) by His Spirit (Spirit speaks to spirit as flesh speaks to flesh.)

and

Absolutely not if by Catholic church you are referring to Rome.
So you rely on Jesus alone for you to properly interpret Scripture? Earlier you wrote, The only men that I've learned from have been those bible teachers whose words the Spirit of truth verifies....". Now you have me confused since you seem to be saying two different things.

The reason I asked you Do you accept or reject the idea of the traditions of the Catholic Church is because the book you referred to me to back up your theory (by Albert G. Mackey) in that book he clearly says that he is relying on the traditions of Free Masons to support his pre 1300AD existence of them. Why do you reject Catholic traditions but accept Masonic traditions?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
if you are talking about The Sign and the Seal by HANCOCK you do know it is not a history book and is based on the authors theory? One reviewer put it best: "Highly recommended for conspiracy fans; unsuitable for historians and archaeologists."

The bottom line is there is NO support for Free Mason before the 1300's and the 1700's being the firm era!! Even the Free Mason's acknowledge that fact.

Respectfully.....Tom
No, I'm referring to the other book mentioned which was published by a Masonic lodge. The one about the history of Free-Masonry, not about its symbolism.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Michael V Pardo said:
No, I'm referring to the other book mentioned which was published by a Masonic lodge. The one about the history of Free-Masonry, not about its symbolism.
I missed that reference in your extensive post's. Would you give me the name of it again. I apologize.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
So you rely on Jesus alone for you to properly interpret Scripture? Earlier you wrote, The only men that I've learned from have been those bible teachers whose words the Spirit of truth verifies....". Now you have me confused since you seem to be saying two different things.

The reason I asked you Do you accept or reject the idea of the traditions of the Catholic Church is because the book you referred to me to back up your theory (by Albert G. Mackey) in that book he clearly says that he is relying on the traditions of Free Masons to support his pre 1300AD existence of them. Why do you reject Catholic traditions but accept Masonic traditions?
Spirit speaks to spirit as flesh speaks to flesh. The Holy Spirit reveals truth. Do you understand that?

I don't accept Masonic traditions any more than Catholic ones and am suspicious of both (as both attempt to rewrite and marginalize history.) The first rejects Christ and the latter interferes with Him.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
I missed that reference in your extensive post's. Would you give me the name of it again. I apologize.
I believe that was "The Builders, A Story and Study of Masonry" by Joseph Fort Newton of the Grand Lodge of Iowa.

I hadn't planned on going over 777 posts, but will attempt to continue to finish any unfinished topics that I started and have "prophetic" significance, so I hope you'll pardon any brevity and not take it as a slight.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Michael V Pardo said:
Spirit speaks to spirit as flesh speaks to flesh. The Holy Spirit reveals truth. Do you understand that?

I don't accept Masonic traditions any more than Catholic ones and am suspicious of both (as both attempt to rewrite and marginalize history.) The first rejects Christ and the latter interferes with Him.
I do not understand that statement. Is it biblical or is it something you made up?

If the "spirit speaks to spirit" then no flesh can or did hear it speak.

There is no indication in the statement "flesh speaks to flesh" that the spirit ever spoke to the flesh.

How can flesh interpret the spirit if the spirit never talked to the flesh?

You accepted Mackey's word on the tradition of the Masons so I thought you were good with traditions.

BTW...The Catholic Traditions are well documented. The Mason traditions are not well documented (before the 1700's). Therefor it is easier to accept Catholic Traditions.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
I do not understand that statement. Is it biblical or is it something you made up?
9. But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.''
10. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 1 Corinthians 2:9-10

"Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; All Your waves and billows have gone over me."

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Michael V Pardo said:
9. But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.''
10. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 1 Corinthians 2:9-10

"Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; All Your waves and billows have gone over me."
God revealed them to us through His Spirit.

That means Spirit talked to flesh....Not spirit to spirit and flesh to flesh which is opposite of what you stated

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Michael V Pardo said:
I believe that was "The Builders, A Story and Study of Masonry" by Joseph Fort Newton of the Grand Lodge of Iowa.

I hadn't planned on going over 777 posts, but will attempt to continue to finish any unfinished topics that I started and have "prophetic" significance, so I hope you'll pardon any brevity and not take it as a slight.
I am familiar with that book and I don't think you really read it. If you had you would know that it has nothing new to add to our conversation.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
I am familiar with that book and I don't think you really read it. If you had you would know that it has nothing new to add to our conversation.
Thank you for confirming what I already knew. I'll pray for your deliverance.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Michael V Pardo said:
Thank you for confirming what I already knew. I'll pray for your deliverance.
Thank you....I need all the prayers I can get. I have been delivered. I am becoming Catholic in the spring.

I would recommend you pick real history books instead of the ones you mentioned. It can be quit embarrassing to you and damage your credibility when you quote someone or reference a book that does not back up what you believe.

Tom

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
Thank you....I need all the prayers I can get. I have been delivered. I am becoming Catholic in the spring.

I would recommend you pick real history books instead of the ones you mentioned. It can be quit embarrassing to you and damage your credibility when you quote someone or reference a book that does not back up what you believe.

Tom
Credibility is the very last thing that I'm concerned with. By the way, if you've received the gospel you already are a Catholic. What church you attend is entirely up to you and the Holy Spirit. Oh, and there is no such thing as a real history book with the exception of scripture.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Michael V Pardo said:
Credibility is the very last thing that I'm concerned with.

By the way, if you've received the gospel you already are a Catholic. What church you attend is entirely up to you and the Holy Spirit. Oh, and there is no such thing as a real history book with the exception of scripture.
You should be concerned after you referenced two books that did not back up what you believe.

I have recently received the truth and fullness of the gospel (I was at one time blind like you) which has led me to the Catholic Church...not the Baptist or lutheren or Mormon church. I thank God that the Holy Spirit led me to the Catholic Church.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
You should be concerned after you referenced two books that did not back up what you believe.

I have recently received the truth and fullness of the gospel (I was at one time blind like you) which has led me to the Catholic Church...not the Baptist or lutheren or Mormon church. I thank God that the Holy Spirit led me to the Catholic Church.
Good for you, but be prepared for disappointment. Oh, and the Mormons are not a Christian Church, but a daughter of Free-Masonry.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Michael V Pardo said:
Good for you, but be prepared for disappointment. Oh, and the Mormons are not a Christian Church, but a daughter of Free-Masonry.
I agree with you that they are not a Christian Church. Did I say they are Christians?

I have already been disappointed.....of the last 30 years I have been blinded by anti Catholicism.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
I agree with you that they are not a Christian Church. Did I say they are Christians?

I have already been disappointed.....of the last 30 years I have been blinded by anti Catholicism.
I'm not sure what you mean by anti Catholicism, because all born again Christians are Catholic regardless of the church they attend.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Michael V Pardo said:
I'm not sure what you mean by anti Catholicism, because all born again Christians are Catholic regardless of the church they attend.
What does it mean to be born again?

How do YOU define the word Catholic?

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Michael V Pardo said:
Thank you Stan for your graciousness and I apologize for all the times that I've been discourteous to you. I'm an incredibly sinful man and long for the day when I'm entirely free of this flesh. I also agree with the last comment and really have no great desire to look deeper into the topic, except perhaps to verify some things. I hope to wind up my postings on this site shortly. I hadn't intended to go beyond seven hundred and seventy seven posts (I like the number) and I'm nearly finished with my ministry (if you can call it that.) I'm anticipating a terrible war starting soon and waged upon U.S. soil that will put a complete end to the nation of my birth, and even if this doesn't happen I've been desiring to move to Europe or the middle east so that I can spend my last days investigating ancient places and visit the lands of my ancestors. Take care and may God bless you greatly in your ministry.
Thanks for your kind words Michael, but we are all sinners and Jesus is the difference between those who don't have him and those who are saved by grace. I've always wanted to go to Scotland but I'm pretty sure that will never happen. I pray you have an exciting time discovering things about your ancestors but remember it's not where we come from that counts but where we are going to.