THE NEW COVENANT FOR ISRAEL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Mary was never a sinner! She was preserved from all sin by God thru the merits of Jesus Christ! Still saved but saved from sin by being preserved! The ark of the covenant was a type of Mary made of incorruptible wood and covered with pure gold, showing Her immaculate purity as the dwelling place of God and God dwelt in Mary.
Gen 3:15 enmity none of Satans works are found in Her! Rev 12 clothed with the sun immaculate purity
We can’t have Satan accusing Jesus of being the son of a sinner?

Fo you believe the perpetual Virginity of Mary?

DaChaser

Sep 10, 2020
Macomb Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Mary was never a sinner! She was preserved from all sin by God thru the merits of Jesus Christ! Still saved but saved from sin by being preserved! The ark of the covenant was a type of Mary made of incorruptible wood and covered with pure gold, showing Her immaculate purity as the dwelling place of God and God dwelt in Mary.
Gen 3:15 enmity none of Satans works are found in Her! Rev 12 clothed with the sun immaculate purity

Mary has natural children after the birth of jesus, as that was the reason for the Virgin Birth, as mary was a sinner, but jesus bypassed the Fall and was nor getting a sin nature!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new covenant church received the kingdom

Mary is a perpetual Virgin that’s an article of “thee faith”

no one in scripture is Her biological child accept Jesus!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s got questions? Just tell me who or ask them then tell me who and where.

the Bible never says anyone is a child of Mary accept Jesus by the HS

Mary says I do not know a man, (sex) she knew and was betrothed to Joseph, this verse makes no sense unless she is a perpetual Virgin and made a vow to God Lk 1:34

DaChaser

Sep 10, 2020
Macomb Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s got questions? Just tell me who or ask them then tell me who and where.

the Bible never says anyone is a child of Mary accept Jesus by the HS

Mary says I do not know a man, (sex) she knew and was betrothed to Joseph, this verse makes no sense unless she is a perpetual Virgin and made a vow to God Lk 1:34
She and Joseph had children's, James was one!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The new covenant for Israel.

Hebrews 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

That was in reference to the prophecy in Jer.31:31-34.

Some here and to whom others agree, say that the new covenant is for all, even while it is clearly stated the new covenant is with, that is, "
with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah". How does the house of Israel and the house of Judah, refer to all? This begs for an explanation.

@Mungo @Davy @Prayer Warrior @justbyfaith

Tong
R1227

Last edited:
Reactions: Doug

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The new covenant for Israel.

Hebrews 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

That was in reference to the prophecy in Jer.31:31-34.

Some here and to whom others agree, say that the new covenant is for all, even while it is clearly stated the new covenant is with, that is, "
with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah". How does the house of Israel and the house of Judah, refer to all? This begs for an explanation.

@Mungo @Davy @Prayer Warrior @justbyfaith

Tong
R1226

And here is an explanation.

Note that both of these quotes refer to the HOUSE of Israel and the HOUSE of Judah.
What, or who, is the house of Israel and the house of Judah?

I think the answer is the king.
In 2Sam 12:8 the Lord (via Nathan) says to David "I..... gave you the house of Israel and of Judah..."
The king represents in himself the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Another example of the king personifying the whole house is given in Isaiah 7:13 where Isaiah calls king Ahaz the house of David.

Now who became the King?
Who was promised the throne of David?
Answer: Jesus: "He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High;
and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David,
and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever;
and of his kingdom there will be no end.” (Lk 1:32-33).

Jesus is the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah; he embodies the Covenant in himself.
In Isaiah, God speaks about the coming Messiah in several "Servant" passages

Is 42:6-7 I have given you as a covenant to the people, a light to the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. This is very similar to what Jesus says about himself in Lk 4:18

Is 49:8 I have kept you and given you as a covenant to the people,
The implications are that Jesus is a living embodiment of the Covenant

The Messiah is given as a Covenant to the people, an embodiment of the covenant. And note he is to be a "light to the nations". He is not just for the Jews.

3. The Mosaic/Sinai Covenant could be, and was, broken. But if Jesus is the embodiment of the Covenant it can never be broken. That is why it is an everlasting covenant .

God says to Ezekial (and note this is long after David is dead)
My servant David shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall follow my ordinances and be careful to observe my statutes. They shall dwell in the land where your fathers dwelt that I gave to my servant Jacob; they and their children and their children’s children shall dwell there for ever; and David my servant shall be their prince for ever. I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them (Ez 37:24-26).

Anyone can come into this Covenant. Since the Covenant is Christ, if we are "in Christ", a phrase Paul used often, we are in the Covenant.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Replacement theology tries to apply the new covenant to the church today, the body of Christ.
Yes they apply the promises given to isreal to the church and states God is done with Israel all their prophesies are fulfilled in the church

which is nonsensical and cause ya to have to spiritualist prophecy which should never be done

Reactions: Doug

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Mary was never a sinner she could have died in Christ’s place because she would have kept the law

For all have sinned and fall short

Mary is included in that all

as Jesus said. No one is good but God (of course he is God so He was making a point )