The New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit. (Hebrews 5:12-6:3)

Once you see that the Nicolaitans in your church do not want you learning these things, and instead want to keep you from suckling on milk, your only response is to divert to things you know. Your church does not teach the fulness of Christ, it never has and neither have many Protestant denominations grasped this. If the Holy Ghost is an "earnest" a down payment, what does the full payment look like? Is the high calling of Christ Just for the "elect" or the Clergy class, or for all the faithful in Christ Jesus?

Read Philippians 3:12-21.
Read again Romans 8
Read 1John 3:1-3

For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. (Hebrews 2:10-11)

Are you required to submit to proper authority or are you a spiritual anarchist?

Heb 13:17

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you required to submit to proper authority or are you a spiritual anarchist?

Heb 13:17

When The fulness of Christ is come we are all Brethren and equals. Until then we submit to the elders of the church, but more importantly, we must submit our live to Christ who is the head of the Body. The body has only one head Christ Jesus. All other heads are usurpers of His Glory.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are already equal in Christ just not in roles
Husband and wife are equal but not the same roles one is head the other the heart

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Christ is king and Peter is His vicar or personal representative should Peter not look and act like a king?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Christ is king and Peter is His vicar or personal representative should Peter not look and act like a king?

There is no such thing as a Vicar in Scripture. There is no such thing as a "substitute for Christ" that is the title for the Antichrist, the unanointed one, who usurps authority from Christ.
I Have tried now for several weeks to get you to see this using scripture, but it seems like you revert back to the old dogma of the RCC that has led you into bondage. Bondage to Nicolaitan doctrines. I Have shown you how these Nicolaitan doctrines are keeping you and the laity away from the Meat of the Word of God, and how you cannot even grasp these things. It is sad to see this, and this is truly what Christ Jesus hates, which is the stifling of Growth in the Christian who has the earnest of the Holy Ghost in them, on to maturity and fulness.

I Pray one day you will see this and wake up to these doctrines and confront them in your own life, and make your life a Living sacrifice Holy And acceptable unto God, which is our reasonable service... (Romans 12:1)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as a Vicar in Scripture.

Really?
Who said anything about a substitute?

Acting thru or for another person

the apostles act in the person of Christ thru the authority He established

2 cor 2:10 in His person
Jn 15:1-4 apart from me
Matt 28:19 I am with you (together)
Christ is one with His church acts 9
Christ and His church are one

Matt 10:2
First apostle Peter:

Matt 17:27
Jesus and Peter are one:
Jesus even works a miracle to make this point. 27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Mt 16:18 Peter received the keys of the kingdom: (jurisdictional authority of the universal church) and the power to bind and loose:

Lk 22:32
Peter commanded to confirm his breathren:

Lk 22:32
Jesus prays for Peter:

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

Matt 10:2
Peter is the prince of the apostles, head of the universal church on earth!

Jn 20:21-23
Peter and the apostles receive the Holy Spirit and the power to forgive sins:

Acts 1:15 1:17 1:26
Peter declares Judas office of apostle valid and vacant and chooses a successor:

Acts 2:14
Peter preaches the first sermon on Pentecost:

Acts 2:38
Peter requires baptism as the outward sign and initiation into the new covenant!

Acts 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,

Acts 5 authority of the apostles verified by them being stricken dead by God verifying Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 whatsoever you bind on earth is bound in heaven and the apostles have the light of the Holy Spirit!

1 Tim 1 Paul is Timothy’s spiritual father.
1 Jn 2:1 little children are adult Christians, John is their spiritual father.

Apostles have Care for our souls
(Acts 20:28 Jn 21:17 Heb 13:17)

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What??? How Satanic! Did Jesus shed His Blood?

Mark 14:24 (NKJV)
24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.
Did you bother to read the scriptures I presented? They prove that the NC will be made between Jesus and His corporate peoples, when they are living in the holy Land.

Jesus did shed His Blood for the New Covenant, but we have yet to fulfil our part of it, in the same way as ancient Israel did. Exodus 24:3-8. The NC cannot be made with individuals, we have the Promise of it, with our acceptance of Jesus; our Salvation.

Is it you policy to call anyone who presents a Bible truth that conflicts with your beliefs, Satanic? Who are you to judge? James 4:11-12

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you bother to read the scriptures I presented? They prove that the NC will be made between Jesus and His corporate peoples, when they are living in the holy Land.

Jesus did shed His Blood for the New Covenant, but we have yet to fulfil our part of it, in the same way as ancient Israel did. Exodus 24:3-8. The NC cannot be made with individuals, we have the Promise of it, with our acceptance of Jesus; our Salvation.

Is it you policy to call anyone who presents a Bible truth that conflicts with your beliefs, Satanic? Who are you to judge? James 4:11-12
So, the Blood of Jesus doesn't wash away your sins?

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The New Covenant is not made yet. We just have the future Promise of it.
None of the four things listed in Hebrews 8:10-12 have fully happened yet:
1/ I shall set My Laws in their hearts.
2/ I shall be their God and they will be My people.
3/ They will not teach each other, for all will know the Lord.
4/ I shall pardon their sins and remember their wickedness no more.

The New Covenant will be made between the Lord and His corporate Christian peoples, after the Sixth Seal event has cleared and cleansed all of the holy Land, and all the righteous, faithful Christian peoples will migrate to live there: Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 9:26

Ezekiel 34:25 I shall make a Covenant with them for their peace and prosperity....

Isaiah 61:8..... I will grant them a sure reward and make an everlasting Covenant with them.

Isaiah 59:20-21 The Lord will come as a Redeemer to Zion and to those descended from Jacob who repent of their rebellion. This is the Covenant I will make with them: My Spirit will abide with them thru all the following generations.

Jeremiah 32:37-40 I shall gather My people from all the lands where they now live......I will make and everlasting Covenant with them, it will be a joy for Me to do them good.

Ezekiel 37:26 [After the Spiritual regeneration and the rejoining of the tribes] I shall make an everlasting Covenant with them, for their peace and prosperity and their numbers will greatly increase. I will put My Sanctuary in their midst, where it will remain for all time.

Isaiah 33:17-24 Those who live righteously and speak the truth, who do not take bribes, rejecting all evil – they will dwell securely with ample food and water. Psalms 85:12
Your eyes will see a King in his glory and view a Land that stretches into the distance. Numbers 24:15-19, Genesis 15:18
You will call to mind what you once feared. Where are they now? Those barbarous people whose speech you could not understand. Psalms 58:10-11, Psalms 37:8-15, Jeremiah 12:14-16
Look upon Zion, Jerusalem, city of sacred festivals. A secure abode, never again to be moved. Amos 9:13-15
There the Lord will be in His majesty, a peaceful place. A place of broad rivers, but no ships will sail there.
The Lord is our judge and lawgiver. He is our King who will save us
. Zechariah 8:7-8
Your rigging hangs loose, the mast is not secure and your sails are not set. Luke 12:35-36. Then all will take a share in the spoils. Zechariah 9:17

No one living in Zion will get sick and the sins of the people will be pardoned.

Micah 7:18 Who is God like You? You take away our guilt and forgive the sins of the faithful remnant of Your people......

That is in effect saying that the Holy Spirit has not been given or received.

Reactions: Pearl

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So, the Blood of Jesus doesn't wash away your sins?
That is in effect saying that the Holy Spirit has not been given or received.
What unpleasant rubbish!
Can't people understand that the new Covenant that Jesus will make with His faithful Christian peoples after they are living in the holy Land, is a different thing from our Salvation?
Read my posts again and make an effort to see what I really am saying.

Last edited:

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am going to say something here that will probably earn me some 'over-ripe' tomatoes from both sides, but here goes...

It is the interactions in posts like these that cause someone in the world who is searching for truth to then promptly checks Christianity off his list of possible answers to the way to God. The scriptures are used again and again as bludgeoning tools to draw blood from others Christ died for, after, of course, we thoroughly humiliate our opponent, right?

Where is the lowliness, the patience, the love, the soft answer that turns away wrath? Does it ever bother any here that on both sides of our sad spiritual battlefields, people think their head knowledge of the Word gives them the upper hand over those 'handicapped' individuals who think they have wisdom but do not, at least compared to ours?

Head knowledge without love is simply an old creaking rusty gate, is worth nothing, and will lead no one to Jesus. The world looks upon us as hypocrites and why should they not? What good is head knowledge of doctrines and truths when hearts are withered, pride abounds and the sweet meekness of a man who spends time with Christ abiding in the vine is nowhere to be found?

And yet, on both sides, no one questions this, saying 'These things ought not be so." Contentment with head knowledge is simply vines with lots of leaves, yet barren of fruit. Everyone is quite content with their understanding of a thousand petty, debatable stances on scriptures, saying, in essence, "I have need of nothing."

Shakings are coming and their purpose is that those mindsets are shaken out of us, but how pleasing it is to our Father when we willingly break before Him and cry out for Him to deliver us from our old natures so we can not only be light, but walk as children of light.

Revival IS coming, but a whole lot of tears are going to be shed before that happens. May God awaken us all to the HOW of abiding in Him with our old nature reckoned dead and put off by an act of desperate faith. Truly, the world will sit up and take notice when we display Jesus in our hearts, thoughts and actions. Not before.

"...and the Heathen shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall be sanctified IN YOU before their very eyes."

Ezekiel 36

blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It is posts like these that someone in the world who is searching for truth reads and then promptly checks Christianity off his list of possible answers to the purpose of life.
What I point out from the Prophetic Word, is the fantastic way the Lord will protect and bless all the people who stand firm in their faith and trust Him during the forthcoming terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath.

It will be our test of faith, 1 Peter 4:12, for all who have accepted Jesus as their Savior.
The logical sequence for people alive today is: become Christian, Keep the Commandments, do good works; evangelize, prove our faith thru fire, 1 Corinthians 3:13-15 and then be the people God always wanted in His holy Land.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I point out from the Prophetic Word, is the fantastic way the Lord will protect and bless all the people who stand firm in their faith and trust Him during the forthcoming terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath.

It will be our test of faith, 1 Peter 4:12, for all who have accepted Jesus as their Savior.
The logical sequence for people alive today is: become Christian, Keep the Commandments, do good works; evangelize, prove our faith thru fire, 1 Corinthians 3:13-15 and then be the people God always wanted in His holy Land.
Do we not see? We cannot keep His commandments with pure hearts. We cannot do good works. CANNOT.

It is when we finally break before God and admit we cannot love Him with all of our hearts, we cannot love others as we love ourselves that we are finally ready to be transformed into overcomers.

How hard this is for us to see. It is when we finally come to Him with no strength, no goodness, that we are prepared to do the one thing.... the only thing.... we can do to please Him. Yield fully and believe He will actually do as He promised to do for us..... cause us to walk in full obedience.

We are taught to think we need to be stronger to be good Christians, but the truth id we need desperately to see we cannot improve our natures. We need to become weaker, for it is to him who has NO strength that He increases might.

And it is that crisis point where our eyes are opened to see the narrow way to abiding in the vine. And what is that glorious path to get our feet planted n the highway of holiness, and off that rocky, never-ending road TO it?

We can put off our old nature by faith alone, and yield ourselves to God as those who are alive from the dead, owing the flesh nothing, for we are no longer in the flesh, no longer old natured people.

blessings,

Gids

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Gids,
Be good to hear some encouragement from you: 'We CANNOT do good works' just leads to hopelessness.

We DO look forward to an incredible future, from what the Prophets tell us.
Hold up your heads, for our liberation is near! Like 21:28

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Gids,
Be good to hear some encouragement from you: 'We CANNOT do good works' just leads to hopelessness.

We DO look forward to an incredible future, from what the Prophets tell us.
Hold up your heads, for our liberation is near! Like 21:28
Brother, we are far closer in our outlook than you see. What Ogod has shown me is that it is when we get to that point of hopelessness... in us, in our abilities to walk as He desires.... it is then we finally truly look away from us and seek God for the answer as to how to walk in true holiness.

The answer is to put on our new nature, our armor, for then we discover the fullness of grace, where God fulfills His new covenant promise in Ezekiel 36 and causes us to walk in holiness and true obedience. But... and this is key.... in order to see this and climb out of our leaky rowboat of self and walk on the water with eyes fixed on Jesus alone, we must first come to HATE our old nature, for everything it does, including walking as children of God, is tainted with self as its true ruler.

God will indeed shower us.... drench us... with a final outpouring of His Spirit and amazingly, it will be greater than the one on the day of Pentecost. His bride WILL be prepared to meet Him, glorious in her beauty, but in order for this to happen, brokenness must precede it. Remember, those who sow in tears will reap in joy.

The shakings we are beginning to experience are not meant to hurt us, but to humble us, to get us to look away from us for our answer. They are to be our 'snakes in the wilderness' and praise God, whoever looks away from themselves for the answer as to how to walk holy before Him, pleasing Him alone, will be healed.

Thank you for your graciousness in your answers to me. That is God in you. Many hear my words that God has asked me to share and hear simply criticism or judgment. But I speak as I do motivated by love and mercy, and deep concern.

Hard things must be stated plainly so people can truly be brought to a place of looking within themselves as to whether or not them can stand up against the darkness filling the horizon. We cannot. But, praise God, Christ IN US, which is our new man, can not only survive, but can cause us to walk as true overcomers, victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil. Glory!

blessings to you, dear brother

Gideon

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What unpleasant rubbish!
Can't people understand that the new Covenant that Jesus will make with His faithful Christian peoples after they are living in the holy Land, is a different thing from our Salvation?

where is this “in the holy land in scripture “?

maybe you simply misunderstood those teachings about the new covenant
Write his laws in our hearts refers to a conscience

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What unpleasant rubbish!

Jesus said at the supper concerning the cup "this is the cup of the new covenant in My blood take every one of you and drink ..."

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What unpleasant rubbish!
Jesus told Peter when He was about to return to the Father " where I am going ye cannot come now but you will follow me later" The church is promised the heavenly reign, The Jews are promised the earthly reign.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
blessings to you, dear brother

Gideon
Blessings to you and be sure you keep you beliefs about what the Lord has planned for His faithful people, to what the Bible says.
where is this “in the holy land in scripture “?
The holy Land God watches over; Deuteronomy 11:11-12, all the area from the Nile to the Euphrates. Genesis 15:18
After the Lord's terrible Day of fiery wrath has cleared and cleansed it, Deuteronomy 32:34-43, Zephaniah 1:1-18, we Christians will migrate to and live there. Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 9:24-26, +
maybe you simply misunderstood those teachings about the new covenant
Write his laws in our hearts refers to a conscience
Even the wicked ungodly have a conscience.
No; none of the tenets of Hebrews 8:10-12 have been fully implemented. The New Covenant will not be made with individuals, it is a corporate agreement between Jesus and His people.
Jesus said at the supper concerning the cup "this is the cup of the new covenant in My blood take every one of you and drink ..."
Jesus has fulfilled His part of the NC. He awaits the time when we can fulfil ours, as a nation; just as it was for ancient Israel.
Jesus told Peter when He was about to return to the Father " where I am going ye cannot come now but you will follow me later" The church is promised the heavenly reign, The Jews are promised the earthly reign.
What the Jews are promised is judgment/punishment and their virtual demise. Isaiah 6:11-13, Jeremiah 10:18, Jeremiah 12:14,+

Going to heaven for anyone, other than the 2 Witnesses, Enoch and Elijah, is never stated in the Bible. The 'rapture to heaven' of the Church is a Satanic lie.
'you will follow Me later', is a Billy addition to scripture. Nowhere in John 8 or anywhere else, is that said.
Humans never leave the earth. Eventually God come to us and dwells with mankind forever. Revelation 21:1-7