THE NEW JERUSALEM

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JLMichaels

Oct 6, 2007
THE NEW JERUSALEMAt first, the New Jerusalem didn't impress me at all. Just a big square box made of shiney nice stuff sitting on some barron planet in outer space. Than the Hubble pictures came along and changed my cold and sterile viewpoint. Going back to this big square box, the stuff it is made of is not only clear, but of many colors as well. With the blaze of God's glory shining within, one could see a most spectacular light show without. Visible beyound all that shines in the heavens. This thing is mobile as it comes down from the heavens. This planet it comes to rest on is noted as having no seas, which I most enjoy sailing, surfing and diving into, so I was most displeased with no seas. Being mobile, clear and the heavens trillions of light years and beyound in measure, I am sure we all will be in for a most interesting joy ride forever as we enjoy all these wounders of God. Not by Hubble pictures, but by coming into actual contact to view and settle down on to explore the evermore God has out there. God in His glory and all of His heavens to explore forever, that sounds alot more interesting.

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
Yes, the New Heavens and the New Jerusalem will be spectacular. Our job is to be good servants unto Christ that we are given the promise of eternal life with the King. How I long to be in an environment that is God filled and theLord is over me in his fullness. The garden of Eden that will never depart again from the earth's land. God will never let hunger happen again, all tears will be wiped from our eyes. Vickie

Jilli

Feb 23, 2009
:rolleyesJLMichaels I had a little chuckle when I read your post. It's obvious you have done some thinking about what this will be like. I too have an imagination andI like to think about it. I conclude that it will be so different and amazing and far beyond what anyone here on earth has experienced or seen, and so EXCITING. The lighting will be dazzling and changing, the colours will be vivid and beautiful, the presence of God will be everywhere and all-encompassing, the feeling we will have will be extreme well-being and uplifting and maybe even everyone allowed to do their favourite thing (I hope I can take photos!)

JLMichaels

Oct 6, 2007
I don't want to get to personal in the details of the death of my twin brother though I most often woundered about his fate as he died before birth. GOD knowing how heavy this was on my heart and mind drew me up spiritually to see him as he now is with God in heaven. I was very surprised to see that he matured as I have though heaven is not like what we have here at all. One could easily see and know just where the throne of GOD was. There seemed limits to the sky for it lacked what we have here as far as stars and all. Though very large and expansive, yet limited. One could grow and not only interact with GOD but with all others there as well. I was most upset at him having it so well for as Christina mentioned, all was most pleasing, no fear, starvation, war, ect. Though yet understanding he was incomplete, that is awaiting the immortal flesh all will have in the new heaven, earth and the home of GOD, Jerusalem. For what my minds eye can see, to go out from there and explore all that GOD has, an having it as a becon to guide one back by it's outstanding light would be a major thrill. Being all is fixed, tangible so one could see and explore, hands on, without the defilement of sinful man, an in immortal flesh, light years become meaningless. It doesn't hurt to dream, I just hate those that say we just sort of lye there in a state of bliss. That really kills all the joy beyond bliss alone.Since I have gone this far I'll say a little about my mother who pasted away a few years back. She was a devout RCC member. There was no way to get salvation in Christ Jesus alone across to her. She was very set in her ways. Soon after her death, GOD knowing just how I felt about her fate as well, drew me up spiritually once again, that was to show me she was with Him. As I quizzed GOD on how this was possible, being she didn't understand and know the way of Christ Jesus alone. He just told me He was a man of His word, that being, if someone should give one of His so much as a cup of water, their reward would be great. My mother did a little more than that, however she had heaven alone. There was as GOD put it, while there in heaven, needs to be met. As if it cost to be there. I caught on quickly and told GOD, I believe in share and share alike, what ever the cost, put it on my account, that is take it from my store of heavenly treasure. GOD caught on as well, stating you're a little short, I asked Him to explain, He pointed out many more as well, for the very same reason. Keeping it short, there was more GOD is expecting me to do of His will, so, no problem as I am in debt, not only for myself, but for others as well.Keeping this in mind, keeps me busy, that is about the LORD's work.Love in Christ Jesus

gumby

May 29, 2009
It will be very awesome to see how god restores the new heavens and the earth, for those of you that are curious as well you can read of the new jerusalem in revelation 21:10-27.