The "News" Media

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently you do, calling the entire staff of the news media as bound to hell, you nutcase!

Hmmmmmm, I thought Liars didn't go to heaven. -- Or possibly the ACTUAL "nutcases" in this Forum will join them in whatever venue they aspire to.

We all choose.
Bobby Jo

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hmmmmmm, I thought Liars didn't go to heaven. -- Or possibly the ACTUAL "nutcases" in this Forum will join them in whatever venue they aspire to.

We all choose.
Bobby Jo
There is manipulation, sell-outs, biases, and underhanded dealings in every single industry. News is for journalism, which is as noble a vocation as any other worth mentioning. If it has been affected by worldly gains, prejudices, and power struggles, name me an industry that just hasn't. Even Churches today are misguided in countless areas of their ministry.

Reactions: Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... journalism, which is ...

as abused if not more abused than "law enforcement". Seem the difference is that "law enforcement" wears a gang patch; and "journalism" wears a DNC patch.

The only WORSE criminals are those that cover-up and defend them.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as abused if not more abused than "law enforcement". Seem the difference is that "law enforcement" wears a gang patch; and "journalism" wears a DNC patch.

Bobby Jo
Everyone is a sinner...the preachers are the worst! Ha! Those who preach false doctrines....so i would take a lying cop and journalist over a lying preacher any day.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone is a sinner...the preachers are the worst! Ha! Those who preach false doctrines....so i would take a lying cop and journalist over a lying preacher any day.

Personally, if a person is an unrepentant liar I don't care what his or her "profession" is, I won't trust them -- including police, journalists, preachers, politicians, etc. And there is no "degree of trust", -- there is NO trust. :)

Ummmmmm, and police are TRAINED to LIE.
Bobby Jo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, if a person is an unrepentant liar I don't care what his or her "profession" is, I won't trust them -- including police, journalists, preachers, politicians, etc. And there is no "degree of trust", -- there is NO trust. :)

Ummmmmm, and police are TRAINED to LIE.
Bobby Jo
Please...let's not single any profession out....lawyers go to law school and they can defend a guilty criminal with a straight face and get an acquittal....point and case....The illegal who shot and killed Kaitlyn in California and got off scott free. I am still fuming over that.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please...let's not single any profession out....lawyers go to law school and they can defend a guilty criminal with a straight face and get an acquittal....point and case....The illegal who shot and killed Kaitlyn in California and got off scott free. I am still fuming over that.

Amen to that, but I suspect it was more POLITICIANS than Lawyers. -- And they say "Justice" is not designed to be FAIR; but GOD's justice WILL BE FAIR.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Bobby Jo
And law enforcement has been instituted by God.

Romans 13:1-5
13:1. Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. 2. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. 3. For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; 4. for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil. 5. Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience' sake.

Reactions: Nancy

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even to this very day, Mexico is paying their own soldiers to curtail the influx of illegal immigrants into our country. Mexico is spending THEIR money for that protection of our borders... we are not paying a dime of it.
And anyone dumb enough to think Trump ever meant Mexico was going to write us a check for ANYTHING needs to turn in their driver's license... they aren't even bright enough to operate a car.
Mexico (and several other countries) are ALREADY, this very day, "paying" us in much better trade deals our President has negotiated.
Guess what. Trump did talk about having Mexico write a check. I must be super-stupid to believe he said it, but he did.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Introduction: The provision of the Patriot Act, Section 326 -the "know your customer" provision, compelling financial institutions to demand identity documents before opening accounts or conducting financial transactions is a fundamental element of the outline below. That section authorized the executive branch to issue detailed regulations on the subject, found at 31 CFR 130.120-121. It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5- 10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year. There are several ways to compel Mexico to pay for the wall including the following. . . .

He then goes on with ways to compel Mexico to pay if they don't write the check. Interesting stuff.

He got the cost wrong too. If Mexico had coughed up $10 billion, it still wouldn't have been enough to pay for the wall. He has spent $11 billion so far and is not even close to having a wall along the whole border.

$11 Billion And Counting: Trump's Border Wall Would Be The World's Most Costly

The pricetag for President Trump's border wall has topped $11 billion — or nearly $20 million a mile — to become the most expensive wall of its kind anywhere in the world.

In a status report last week, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which is overseeing wall construction, reported that $11 billion has been identified since Trump took office to construct 576 miles of a new "border wall system."

And the Trump administration is on the hunt for funding to build even more. The Department of Homeland Security has asked the Defense Department to come up with money for 270 additional miles of border wall that DHS says is needed to block drug smuggling routes on federal land. The Pentagon is studying the request, which did not come with a dollar figure.

Hey, it's Trump. If you think maybe some cronies were getting rich from this wall, you might be right. How do you spell "corrupt"?

The US Army just gave a contractor with a history of GOP donations $569 million to build parts of Trump's border wall

According to a public notice posted by the Pentagon on Tuesday, the US Army Corps of Engineers announced a $569 million no-bid contract to BFBC, a firm affiliated with Barnard Construction, to build 17.7 miles of the border wall in El Centro and San Diego, California to be completed in June 2021.

The Bozeman, Montana based firm has given hundreds of thousands of dollars to Republican politicians over the years, and been awarded over $1 billion in federal contracts to build sections of the border wall so far.

Notably, the Army is also paying BFBC far above the average rate per mile to build the designated section of the wall, the Daily Beast reported. While the Trump administration pays contractors on average around $20 million per mile of wall, BFBC is receiving $33 million per mile for the latest contract.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... law enforcement has been instituted by God. ...

... and corrupted by man. Just look at the criminality at the nation's PREMIER INVESTIGATIVE AGENCY, the FBI.

And there's no Public Servants at their 7th Floor, -- just criminals.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
... and corrupted by man. Just look at the criminality at the nation's PREMIER INVESTIGATIVE AGENCY, the FBI.

Bobby Jo
again, what institution, academy, university or vocation hasn't been corrupted by man?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are not our President's words. He doesn't speak or write anywhere close to that.
Show me a video.
It's from his website. It doesn't look like something Donald would write personally. It has too many polysyllabic words and thoughts set out logically. It doesn't resemble his infantile style.

I think it safe to assume, however, that views on his own website reflected his views. Now you seem to to be saying we should trust absolutely nothing from Trump and his campaign or administration unless he says it verbally on camera. Talk about paranoia! Do you think maybe Hillary Clinton wrote that piece for Donald's website? Deep state bureaucrats?

I spot a pattern here. Trump is never wrong in his own eyes or in the eyes of his supporters. If something goes wrong, someone around Trump takes the blame if he can't blame a Democrat or member of the media. You do not hold him accountable for his own words, "Mexico will pay for it" or for the position laid out in fuller detail which was probably written by a lawyer or political wonk. You do not hold him accountable for anything. That should tell you something about youself, Willie. It tells me something, but it would not be useful for me to go there. The useful thing would be if you could perceive on your own why you have this attitude. You are willing to take silly positions like trying to maintain there is no difference between concrete and steel.

I say this: If we cannot trust a President to appoint people he knows and trusts to positions, then we have a government that is crippled. They are apt to betray him, and he is apt to betray them. There is no reason to have any faith in such a government since no one in it can be trusted. If Trump was stupid enough to hire a lawyer to write materials for his website that didn't reflect his views, he had no business running for President.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bobby Jo
Poor Donald can't find one honest man to work at the FBI? I wonder why he can't hire anyone who is competent and honest?