The Old Testaments Types of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nov 8, 2007
Adam and Eve, Eve was Deceived into partaking of the Sexual Act(Forbidden Fruit). ADAM who was a SON OF GOD, was not deceived, but knowing that Eve had broken the Law of God, he partook of the same act and was exiled with her.Jesus Christ, Partaking and being our sin, Suffered the Penalty of Physical Death for Us, Just like Adam did for eve.Joseph in the Old Testament. A Jew, Sold in Bondage and Slavery, said to be dead. Eventually Sits at the Right hand of Pharaoh(A type of the Majesty of YHWH). Marries a Gentile Bride(The Bride of Jesus Christ is a Gentile Church). His Brothers Come(THE JEWS), They don't know him, But He reveals himself to the Jews and allows them to enter into the Kingdom(Just like Jesus Will do When The Millenium Begins). Then He Takes Benjamin(A Type of the Jewish Servant to the Gentile Church) to Live with him Joseph(Christ) and his Bride(Gentile Church)Joshua and Caleb Typing the Holy Ghost and his Believers Following him.More to come...Add if you like

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(waquinas;55042)
rather orthodox of you to post this
Orthodox? Tell me, which part of it is orthodox?

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
why typing of Christ from the OT of course - and the examples of it given - the title of the thread. How could I have possibly meant anything else, certainly not sex.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;55022)
Adam and Eve, Eve was Deceived into partaking of the Sexual Act(Forbidden Fruit). ADAM who was a SON OF GOD, was not deceived, but knowing that Eve had broken the Law of God, he partook of the same act and was exiled with her.Jesus Christ, Partaking and being our sin, Suffered the Penalty of Physical Death for Us, Just like Adam did for eve.Joseph in the Old Testament. A Jew, Sold in Bondage and Slavery, said to be dead. Eventually Sits at the Right hand of Pharaoh(A type of the Majesty of YHWH). Marries a Gentile Bride(The Bride of Jesus Christ is a Gentile Church). His Brothers Come(THE JEWS), They don't know him, But He reveals himself to the Jews and allows them to enter into the Kingdom(Just like Jesus Will do When The Millenium Begins). Then He Takes Benjamin(A Type of the Jewish Servant to the Gentile Church) to Live with him Joseph(Christ) and his Bride(Gentile Church)Joshua and Caleb Typing the Holy Ghost and his Believers Following him.More to come...Add if you like
I have been shown the type of Christ and Joseph, but have not heard of Joshua and Caleb being the type of Holy Ghost and his believers.....I would love to hear about this one.Not so sure about the forbidden fruit being sex!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Now that I got the topic right
smile.gif
heres one I never heard before ACACIA WOODAcacia (known also as shittim), the wood used in the construction of the tabernacle boards and furniture, is very clearly a type of the sinless humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ.It grows in the desert, reminding us that He Whom it portrays is described as “... a root out of a dry ground,” Isa 53.2. As the acacia grew in the desert and was cut down to furnish an essential material for God’s earthly house, the tabernacle, so did Christ grow up in the spiritual desert of this world, and was “cut down” in death to be the very basis of God’s spiritual house, the Church.In its being virtually impervious to decay or attack by insects, it depicts the Lord’s incorruptible humanity. There was neither sin in Him, nor was there even the possibility of his ever being tempted to commit sin. The testings He endured were not to reveal any possibility of sin, but rather the spotless holiness for which sin held no attraction.The acacia wood was the foundation of all the tabernacle furniture except the laver and the lampstand; and inasmuch as each article consisted of acacia wood and a metal overlay of either brass or gold, the truth being set before us is that He combines in Himself perfect humanity (the wood) and perfect Divinity (the metal).In the boards which formed the walls of the tabernacle, all exactly the same size, each standing on a foundation of silver, we have a picture of believers as the mystical body of which Christ is the head. But since those boards were of the same acacia wood as that which formed the brazen altar, the table, and the golden altar, we are reminded that each believer has the very same nature as the Lord Himself. The new nature obtained at the new birth, is as holy and sinless as that possessed by the Lord, for the simple reason that it is His nature.Whenever therefore we read of acacia wood, let us remember that God is pointing symbolically to some truth relative to the sinless nature of Christ, or to truth relative to the new nature possessed by every believer.James Melough

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
Moses and Christ1.Moses was their sole mediator between them and God. “When all the people witnessed the thunder and lightning, the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking, they were afraid and trembled and stood at a distance, and said to Moses, You speak to us, and we will listen; but do not let God speak to us, or we will die.” (Ex 20;18)Christ is our sole mediator between us and God. "For there is one God; there is also one mediator between God and humankind, Christ Jesus" (1Tim 2:5)2.God made the covenant with the people through Moses and then they entered into that covenant through Moses. "He [God] said: I hereby make a covenant." (Ex 34:10) & "The Lord said to Moses: Write these words; in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel." (Ex 34:27)God made the new covenant with us through Jesus and we enter into it through him. “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.” (Acts 22:20) 3. That is why Paul says that "all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea" (1Cor 10:2)That is why Paul says we are "baptised into Christ" (Rom 6:3 & Gal 3:27)

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(winsome;55260)
Moses and Christ3. That is why Paul says that "all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea" (1Cor 10:2)That is why Paul says we are "baptised into Christ" (Rom 6:3 & Gal 3:27)
Why the cloud and the sea? What do each of them represent...or are they one in the same.

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(setfree;55266)
Why the cloud and the sea? What do each of them represent...or are they one in the same.
That's an interesting question. I hadn't thought about whether they were one and the same or represented different things. I just saw them as a type of baptism. Possibly they could represent water and Spirit. Just a thoughtHave you any suggestions?

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(kriss;55049)
Now that I got the topic right
smile.gif
heres one I never heard before ACACIA WOODAcacia (known also as shittim), the wood used in the construction of the tabernacle boards and furniture, is very clearly a type of the sinless humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ.It grows in the desert, reminding us that He Whom it portrays is described as “... a root out of a dry ground,” Isa 53.2. As the acacia grew in the desert and was cut down to furnish an essential material for God’s earthly house, the tabernacle, so did Christ grow up in the spiritual desert of this world, and was “cut down” in death to be the very basis of God’s spiritual house, the Church.In its being virtually impervious to decay or attack by insects, it depicts the Lord’s incorruptible humanity. There was neither sin in Him, nor was there even the possibility of his ever being tempted to commit sin. The testings He endured were not to reveal any possibility of sin, but rather the spotless holiness for which sin held no attraction.The acacia wood was the foundation of all the tabernacle furniture except the laver and the lampstand; and inasmuch as each article consisted of acacia wood and a metal overlay of either brass or gold, the truth being set before us is that He combines in Himself perfect humanity (the wood) and perfect Divinity (the metal).In the boards which formed the walls of the tabernacle, all exactly the same size, each standing on a foundation of silver, we have a picture of believers as the mystical body of which Christ is the head. But since those boards were of the same acacia wood as that which formed the brazen altar, the table, and the golden altar, we are reminded that each believer has the very same nature as the Lord Himself. The new nature obtained at the new birth, is as holy and sinless as that possessed by the Lord, for the simple reason that it is His nature.Whenever therefore we read of acacia wood, let us remember that God is pointing symbolically to some truth relative to the sinless nature of Christ, or to truth relative to the new nature possessed by every believer.James Melough
I love the meaty spiritual applications from the physical reality that God has hidden in His Word from the OT. For those having eyes to see, and ears to hear... and mouths to eat
biggrin.gif

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Unorthodox Christian;55022)
Mind you... Joseph began his ministry as a missionary (if you will), as servant to pharaoh, at the age of 30 years old (Genesis 41:46). The same age Jesus began His public ministry, fulfilling the duty of a priest who began his work at the age of 30 (Numbers 4:3).
smile.gif
Get your knife and fork if you care.
smile.gif