The One Baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t condemn ANY of the Protestant factions.

Firstly, because it is NOT my call to condemn anybody.
Secondly, because ALL Protestant groups contain some truth, and in some cases, MUCH truth – and are related to the Church.

However, the FULLNESS of Truth can only be found in the ONE Church established by Jesus Christ (Eph. 1:22-23). It is the pillar and foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15). That Church is the Catholic Church.

The Church does not teach that ALL non-Catholics are condemned. Rather, as Scripture teaches – those who, knowing that it is His Church - openly reject Christ and His Church (Matt. 10:33, Mark 3:28–30, Luke 19:16).

No, BreadOfLife, that is not correct! It is not the Catholic Church!

The True Church is made of both Jew and Gentile, from every nation in the world. Whoever they are, wherever they are, if they are in Christ, they are in the One True Church.

The members from the One True Church come from all denominations, whatever they may be!

The Scripture says that it is from lack of knowledge that the people perish! I'm sorry, but I can't think of a more suitable example of this than Catholicism.

Reactions: RLT63

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The True Church is made of both Jew and Gentile, from every nation in the world. Whoever they are, wherever they are, if they are in Christ, they are in the One True Church.

The members from the One True Church come from all denominations, whatever they may be!

The Scripture says that it is from lack of knowledge that the people perish! I'm sorry, but I can't think of a more suitable example of this than Catholicism.
The one true Church is everyone who is saved.

Reactions: Charlie24

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WRONG.

You cannot be “ONE”, as Jesus and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23) when you have thousands of factions teaching all sorts of different doctrines – some as different as night and day.

Some Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the list goes on . . .

This is PRECISELY the type of disunity and factionism that Paul preached against (1 Cor. 1:10-17).
On the contrary, he talked about being of ONE MIND in ALL things:

1 Cor. 1:13
Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Cor. 1:10
I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be PERFECTLY UNITED IN MIND AND THOUGHT.

Phil;. 2:1-4
Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the SAME love, being ONE in spirit and of ONE mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others
NOWHERE, do I see in ANY of these verses the consent to change or twist doctrines based on someone’s own personal views.
NOWHERE, do I see permission for congregations or individuals to break off from each other when someone disagrees.

If you’re NOT united in mind and thought – you’re NOT part of His Church.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marymog

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

You cannot be “ONE”, as Jesus and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23) when you have thousands of factions teaching all sorts of different doctrines – some as different as night and day.

Some Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.

This is PRECISELY the type of disunity and factionism that Paul preached against (1 Cor. 1:10-17).

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be PERFECTLY UNITED IN MIND AND THOUGHT.

Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the SAME love, being ONE in spirit and of ONE mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others
NOWHERE, do I see in ANY of these verses the consent to change or twist doctrines based on someone’s own personal views.
NOWHERE, do I see permission for congregations or individuals to break off from each other when someone disagrees.

These are some of the things a person will believe when they are brainwashed into believing "there is no salvation outside the Church." Man is not saved by a Church, He is saved by hearing and believing the Gospel, which you will not hear in the RCC.

It's rules and regulations that are taught by the RCC, legalism that couldn't save a jaybird.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

Mar 10:42

But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them.
Mar 10:43

“Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, but remember that you are disobeying one apostle (Paul) who makes his stand perfectly clear.

The one you are obeying (James), that's much harder to understand, isn't it?

Better find out why it seems they are opposite of one another, is my advise?
Yup, God pitted James and Paul against each other and gave them conflicting messages. They then wrote what God inspired them to write in an effort to confuse Christianity for eternity....That makes sense :joyful:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You do realize Charlie that your theory makes ZERO sense?

How can members from all denominations that have different teachings on what one must do to be saved with each denomination claiming to have the truth be the ONE true Church? That makes no sense. They are not ONE when they disagree with each other. Your theory is completely OPPOSITE of what Jesus prayed for in John 17:21. What your men have taught you is completely OPPOSITE of Scripture. But at least @RLT63 likes your opposite of Scripture teaching. Maybe the two of you could start a church together?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mar 10:42

But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them.
Mar 10:43

“Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant.
You lost me.....What does that have to do with the subject at hand?

Curious Mary

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup, God pitted James and Paul against each other and gave them conflicting messages. They then wrote what God inspired them to write in an effort to confuse Christianity for eternity....That makes sense :joyful:

My point was that you need to find out "why they SEEM to be opposite of one another," was my statement, if you go back and read it.

I didn't say they were at opposite sides, because they are not at opposite sides!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are some of the things a person will believe when they are brainwashed into believing "there is no salvation outside the Church." Man is not saved by a Church, He is saved by hearing and believing the Gospel, which you will not hear in the RCC.

It's rules and regulations that are taught by the RCC, legalism that couldn't save a jaybird.
Show me in Scripture where it says man is saved ONLY by hearing and believing the Gospel and I will join you in in your fight to spread the truth.

I can quote MULTIPLE passages that tell us what we must do to be saved....none of them say what you just suggested (what your men taught you).

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point was that you need to find out "why they SEEM to be opposite of one another," was my statement, if you go back and read it.

I didn't say they were at opposite sides, because they are not at opposite sides!
Good point.....I apologize....I will get back with you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Okay Charlie....I have reviewed what you wrote and I haven't changed my mind. Here is what you wrote:

Ok, but remember that you are disobeying one apostle (Paul) who makes his stand perfectly clear. The one you are obeying (James), that's much harder to understand, isn't it? Better find out why it seems they are opposite of one another, is my advise?

The words I highlighted in bold clearly indicate to me that I am disobeying Paul and obeying James! Logically, if I am disobeying one person but obeying another ON THE SAME SUBJECT, then that means they are telling me something opposite of each other!!

So maybe you could clarify your statement?

Mary

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture doesn't say that!!

Only you, the men who taught you that nonsense and @Charlie24 say that.
And you, the men who taught you that and the Catholic Church say it is the one true Church. Where does it even say "One true Church" in the Bible?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay Charlie....I have reviewed what you wrote and I haven't changed my mind. Here is what you wrote:

Ok, but remember that you are disobeying one apostle (Paul) who makes his stand perfectly clear. The one you are obeying (James), that's much harder to understand, isn't it? Better find out why it seems they are opposite of one another, is my advise?

The words I highlighted in bold clearly indicate to me that I am disobeying Paul and obeying James! Logically, if I am disobeying one person but obeying another ON THE SAME SUBJECT, then that means they are telling me something opposite of each other!!

So maybe you could clarify your statement?

Mary

I am pointing out that Paul makes his case perfectly clear on faith and works, and you are not following his teaching.

I am telling you that James, who seems to be opposed to Paul is much harder to understand than Paul.

I am hinting to you that maybe you don't understand what James is saying. Just maybe James is agreeing with Paul and the faith + works that you see James teaching is not what you think it is.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are some of the things a person will believe when they are brainwashed into believing "there is no salvation outside the Church." Man is not saved by a Church,

Spoken like a guy who doesn’t have a CLUE as to what the C hurchb is,
Allow me to educate you from the Word of God . . .

- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).
- Jesus said that HE is the Light of the World (John 8:12).
Jesus also said that His Church is the Light of the world (Matt. 5:14).
- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).
- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).
- Jesus told the leaders of His Church that WHATEVER they bound or loosed on earth would ALSO be bound and loosed in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, John 20:21-23).
- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).
-
Jesus gave His Church Supreme earthly Authority, that WHATEVER His Church declared on earth will also be declared in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18).
- Jesus said about his Church: “Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME" (Luke 10:16).
He is saved by hearing and believing the Gospel, which you will not hear in the RCC.

You won’t??

Soooooo – the fact that virtually the ENTIRE Bible is read aloud and preached on from Catholic pulpits around the world in a 3-year cycle is a figment of the imaginations of 1.2 BILLION people???

Why is it that you anti-Catholics ALWAYS resort to lying when you are losing an argument?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Marymog, post: 1448195, member: 7405"]Show me in Scripture where it says man is saved ONLY by hearing and believing the Gospel and I will join you in in your fight to spread the truth.

I can quote MULTIPLE passages that tell us what we must do to be saved....none of them say what you just suggested (what your men taught you).[/QUOTE]
Act 16:30

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Act 16:31

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Reactions: marks