The One Baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't like Trump? Are you better off now or when Trump was in office?
How about if you address the questions I asked instead of making something up:
Is it faith alone or grace alone?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about if you address the questions I asked instead of making something up:
Is it faith alone or grace alone?

Address the same thing over and over, naaa!

Trump's more fun, but unfortunately off topic.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Address the same thing over and over, naaa!

Trump's more fun, but unfortunately off topic.
Lol.....how could you have addressed it when this is the first time I asked you for clarification? For you see Charlie, you have said two different things....that is why I asked that question.

Keeping it real...Mary

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.....how could you have addressed it when this is the first time I asked you for clarification? For you see Charlie, you have said two different things....that is why I asked that question.

Keeping it real...Mary

Everyone here knows I have covered the faith and works that James spoke of, how the Catholics have misunderstood it.

And everyone here knows I have covered Acts 2:38 and 1 Peter 3:21 also, several times!

So don't tell me you haven't seen those posts!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone here knows I have covered the faith and works that James spoke of, how the Catholics have misunderstood it.

And everyone here knows I have covered Acts 2:38 and 1 Peter 3:21 also, several times!

So don't tell me you haven't seen those posts!
Lol...Yup, "the Catholics have misunderstood it".....and of course our Protestant brothers who agree with that 2,000 year old Catholic teaching... misunderstood it also.

And a student of the Apostles, Clement of Rom, misunderstood it also: “Let us therefore join with those to whom grace is given by God. Let us clothe ourselves in concord, being humble and self- controlled, keeping ourselves far from all backbiting and slander, being justified by works and not by words....

On the other hand, YOU have not misunderstood it ;)

You asked me not to tell you I haven't seen those posts, so I won't tell you I haven't seen those posts!!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...Yup, "the Catholics have misunderstood it".....and of course our Protestant brothers who agree with that 2,000 year old Catholic teaching... misunderstood it also.

And a student of the Apostles, Clement of Rom, misunderstood it also: “Let us therefore join with those to whom grace is given by God. Let us clothe ourselves in concord, being humble and self- controlled, keeping ourselves far from all backbiting and slander, being justified by works and not by words....

On the other hand, YOU have not misunderstood it ;)

You asked me not to tell you I haven't seen those posts, so I won't tell you I haven't seen those posts!!

Yes, they are playing with fire and they're going to get burned.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol....OK!! A student of the Apostles was wrong and your men, 2,000 years later are right!! :goodj:

Ok, but remember that you are disobeying one apostle (Paul) who makes his stand perfectly clear.

The one you are obeying (James), that's much harder to understand, isn't it?

Better find out why it seems they are opposite of one another, is my advise?

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, but remember that you are disobeying one apostle (Paul) who makes his stand perfectly clear.

The one you are obeying (James), that's much harder to understand, isn't it?

Better find out why it seems they are opposite of one another, is my advise?
The thing is they are NOT OPPOSITE of one another . That is a key many miss my friend .
James knew it was faith in JESUS alone that saves , HE just knew that any faith without the works was a dead faith .
Anyone can lip the name of JESUS , as i once did , and yet WHO WE FOLLOW IS WHOSE WE ARE .
Even paul knew this . If one provides not , IS NOT A DOER , and specially for those of his own household
HIMS DENIED THE FAITH . Anyone can lip the name of JESUS , but those who are HIS both KNOW HE ALONE IS WHY WE ARE SAVED
and THEY FOLLOW AND OBEY HIM . For the SPIRIT works within the true believer of CHRIST .
THE CC is deadly and dangerous , but so is hyper grace , so is seeker friendly , so are most all leaders even within the protestant realm .
So my question is , HOW DOES ONE TRULY KNOW THA JESUS THEY FOLLOW IS THE ONE TRUE JESUS
and not rather the invention of men . THE BIBLE . DO we follow and love THAT JESUS ,
and the next question is , HOW DO WE KNOW WE LOVE CHRIST . WE KEEP AND DO HIS SAYINGS IS HOW ONE KNOWS .
The CC knows not CHRIST , but i must warn us its so very hard and next to almost impossible to find a leader today
amongst the protestants , THAT EVEN FOLLOW AND LOVETH JESUS . I tried to tell us we are in THE VERY LAST OF DAYS
and a massive deception has began which is and shall draw all faiths together along with the other religoins
as the bow the knee to a love so false, to a love that honors and supports the very dragon they all think they dont follow AND YET DO .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a love which cometh not of GOD but rather is of the world and of the dragon .
AND i warn us all that most all of the entire realm of christendom as well as the world IS UNDER that false love .
Its a love that overlooks errors , its a love that focuses on unity and common ground , NOT ON CHRIST and NOT ON DOCTRINE .
AND MOST FOLKS ARE UNDER IT RIGHT NOW . But i have come to wage war against the false love
that so many now embrace and to point us back to the LOVE THAT IS OF GOD and not of the dragon .

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a love which cometh not of GOD but rather is of the world and of the dragon .
AND i warn us all that most all of the entire realm of christendom as well as the world IS UNDER that false love .
Its a love that overlooks errors , its a love that focuses on unity and common ground , NOT ON CHRIST and NOT ON DOCTRINE .
AND MOST FOLKS ARE UNDER IT RIGHT NOW . But i have come to wage war against the false love
that so many now embrace and to point us back to the LOVE THAT IS OF GOD and not of the dragon .

It is the Laodicea Church, the last Church of Rev. 3. They are neither hot nor cold, and will be spued out of His mouth.

It is today's Church. They say they are rich, and in need of nothing, but what does Christ say?

You are wretched, miserable, poor, and naked. They are naked before the judgment of God.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the Laodicea Church, the last Church of Rev. 3. They are neither hot nor cold, and will be spued out of His mouth.

It is today's Church. They say they are rich, and in need of nothing, but what does Christ say?

You are wretched, miserable, poor, and naked. They are naked before the judgment of God.
And notice what CHURCH GOD calls RICH .
I KNOW your POVERTY , tribulations and etc , BUT YE ARE RICH .
Paul also warned the church in thesolonica of a coming STRONG DELUSION that would be sent .
I have never seen a false love that is unifying athiests , witches , the faiths , the other religoins
politics and etc , AND YET its an image and a love of a god that is contrary to THE GOD , THE CHRIST .
SATAN is its father and its mother is the harlot .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lets examine what the LORD tells the church of ephesus that was good .
HE said YE have TRIED THEM which claim to be apostels and are not and you have FOUND them liars .
I bring that up cause , I KNOW OF a CHURCH that claims to be THE CHURCH and THAT ITS APOSTELS are APOSTELS
and guess what , I HAVE FOUND THEM LIARS . TOO many are just going with the flow and NOT TESTING THEIR LEADERS .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets examine what the LORD tells the church of ephesus that was good .

HE said YE have TRIED THEM which claim to be apostels and are not and you have FOUND them liars .
I bring that up cause , I KNOW OF a CHURCH that claims to be THE CHURCH and THAT ITS APOSTELS are APOSTELS
and guess what , I HAVE FOUND THEM LIARS . TOO many are just going with the flow and NOT TESTING THEIR LEADERS .
Jesus built ONE Church (Matt. 16:18) – not tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant factions that ALL teach different doctrines.
The Catholic Church is the ONLY one that fits this bill – whether YOU approve or not.

Those who reject His Church deny HIM and the ONE who sent Him (Luke 10:16).
They will be included with the ones to whom the Lord will say:
“I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.” (Matt. 7:23)

Good luck with that . . .

Mat. 10:33
". . . but whoever denies me before men, I will ALSO DENY before my Father who is in heaven.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus built ONE Church (Matt. 16:18) – not tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant factions that ALL teach different doctrines.
The Catholic Church is the ONLY one that fits this bill – whether YOU approve or not.

". . . but whoever denies me before men, I will ALSO DENY before my Father who is in heaven.
JESUS DID BUILD the CHURCH and i dont follow them splinters either . TOLD YA . ME no follow them either .
YOU NEED to start testing those who claim to be apostels , cause I DID , and found them liars .
JESUS and the original apostels , THEMS I TRUST . ANYONE ELSE gets tested against BIBLE DOCTRINE .
IF you had done that , YOU would have long ago left the RCC . PS , dont go runing to the Protestant realm either
cause about every leader i seen in those churches , they are MEGA FALSE TOO .
WE are in the greatest falling away i have ever seen . MY advice , CRACK OPEN THE BIBLE AND READ IT FOR YOURSELF .
And ps , STOP calling men MOST HOLY FATHER or most HOLY REVERAND . THEM TITLES BELONG TO GOD ALONE , TO CHRIST
and not to men . PS you dont need to kneel before a statue either or hold on to beads .
We can fully worship GOD through CHRIST , the SPIRIT . I am just trying to help you .
OH yeah , stop praying to saints to mary and to angels . CALL HER BLESSED , SHE IS , but stop praying to her .
PRAY TO GOD IN JESUS NAME . You will be prayed for as well . MY desire is only good for the peoples .
EVEN if they cant stand me , STILL my desire is only good for them .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The same Catholic Church that gave us the crusades, the inquisition, sold indulgences and imprisoned, strangled and burned people who translated the Bible into English?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same Catholic Church that gave us the crusades, the inquisition, sold indulgences and imprisoned, strangled and burned people who translated the Bible into English?
If it weren’t for the Crusades and ultimate victory over the later Ottoman Empire at LepantoYOU would be worshipping Allah and steeped in Islam.

You don’t have a CLUE about the Inquisitions. If you DID – we could have an intelligent discussion about them. But that’s impossible until you get educated.

As for killing heretics – not only was this mostly done by governments – it was done against Catholics by Protestants as well.
So, if you wanna point fingers – there is PLENTY of blood on YOUR hands asa well as a Protestant.

Finally – as to the selling of Indulgences – you are at the mercy of your own ignorance.
The Church NEVER sanctioned this practice. It was an ABUSE by a few men like Johann Tetzel, who went about the German countryside selling indulgences to raise money.
This practice was condemned by the Church.

Do your homework . . .

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it weren’t for the Crusades and ultimate victory over the later Ottoman Empire at LepantoYOU would be worshipping Allah and steeped in Islam.

You don’t have a CLUE about the Inquisitions. If you DID – we could have an intelligent discussion about them. But that’s impossible until you get educated.

As for killing heretics – not only was this mostly done by governments – it was done against Catholics by Protestants as well.
So, if you wanna point fingers – there is PLENTY of blood on YOUR hands asa well as a Protestant.

Finally – as to the selling of Indulgences – you are at the mercy of your own ignorance.
The Church NEVER sanctioned this practice. It was an ABUSE by a few men like Johann Tetzel, who went about the German countryside selling indulgences to raise money.
This practice was condemned by the Church.

Do your homework . . .
You don't know what I am. Thanks for the information about indulgences but history is not on your side
Indulgence - Wikipedia