The One Baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spoken like a guy who doesn’t have a CLUE as to what the C hurchb is,
Allow me to educate you from the Word of God . . .

- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).
- Jesus said that HE is the Light of the World (John 8:12).
Jesus also said that His Church is the Light of the world (Matt. 5:14).
- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).
- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).
- Jesus told the leaders of His Church that WHATEVER they bound or loosed on earth would ALSO be bound and loosed in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, John 20:21-23).
- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).
-
Jesus gave His Church Supreme earthly Authority, that WHATEVER His Church declared on earth will also be declared in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18).
- Jesus said about his Church: “Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME" (Luke 10:16).

You won’t??

Soooooo – the fact that virtually the ENTIRE Bible is read aloud and preached on from Catholic pulpits around the world in a 3-year cycle is a figment of the imaginations of 1.2 BILLION people???

Why is it that you anti-Catholics ALWAYS resort to lying when you are losing an argument?

I don't need an education on what the RCC teaches, I know what they teach, legalism.

They have the same problem of the Galatians that Paul chewed them out over. Adding laws and regulation to faith in Christ for salvation. Whether it's circumcision that the Galatians added, or water baptism, the sacraments, or Church membership by the RCC, it all makes faith void, as Paul said.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mar 10:42

But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them.
Mar 10:43

“Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant.
Good grief – another ignorant interpretation of Scripture by an angry Church-rejecter.

Jesus was scolding the Apostles for being presumptuous and taking their eyes OFF the ball – similar to situation with the mother of James and John (Matt. 20:20-28). Jesus CLEARLY put the Apostles in charge of His Church – and Peter as the Head Apostle.

And, if Peter WASN'T in charge -
a. Tell me WHY Jesus singled out Peter when He gave him the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19) if did not put him in charge.

b. Tell me WHY Jesus asked Peter and Peter alone to feed His lambs and tend His sheep (John 21:15-19) if did not put him in charge.

c. Tell me WHY Jesus said that He prayed for Peter ALONE to strengthen the others and bring them back to faith (Luke 22:31-32) if did not put him in charge.

d. Tell me WHY Peter called "Protos" (First) in the Gospel (Matt. 10:2) if he was not in charge??

e. Tell me WHY Peter's name occurs first in all lists of apostles (Matt. 10:2; Mk 3:16; Luke 6:14; Acts 1:13) if he was not in charge??

f. Tell me WHY Peter is specified by an angel as the leader and representative of the apostles (Mark 16:7) if he was not in charge??

g. Tell me WHY Peter takes the lead in calling for a successor for Judas (Acts 1:22) if He was not in charge??

h. Tell me WHY Peter is the first person to speak (and only one recorded) after Pentecost, making him the first Christian to preach the Gospel in the Church (Acts 2:14-36) if he was not in charge??

i. Tell me WHY Peter works the first miracle of the Church Age, healing a lame man (Acts 3:6-12) if he was not in charge??

j. Tell me WHY Peter utters the first anathema (Ananias and Sapphira) affirmed by God (Acts 5:2-11) if He was not in charge??

k. Tell me WHY Peter is the first person after Christ to raise the dead (Acts 9:40) if he was not in charge??

l. Tell me WHY Cornelius is told by an angel to seek out Peter for instruction in Christianity (Acts 10:1-6) if he was not in charge??

m. Tell me WHY Peter's name is mentioned more often than all the other disciples put together if He was not in charge??

His name is mentioned 191 times (162 as Peter or Simon Peter, 23 as Simon and 6 as Cephas). John is the next with only 48 mentions, and Peter is present 50 percent of the time we find John in the Bible.

As usual – you don’t know what you’re talking about . . .

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief – another ignorant interpretation of Scripture by an angry Church-rejecter.

Jesus was scolding the Apostles for being presumptuous and taking their eyes OFF the ball – similar to situation with the mother of James and John (Matt. 20:20-28). Jesus CLEARLY put the Apostles in charge of His Church – and Peter as the Head Apostle.

And, if Peter WASN'T in charge -
a. Tell me WHY Jesus singled out Peter when He gave him the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19) if did not put him in charge.

b. Tell me WHY Jesus asked Peter and Peter alone to feed His lambs and tend His sheep (John 21:15-19) if did not put him in charge.

c. Tell me WHY Jesus said that He prayed for Peter ALONE to strengthen the others and bring them back to faith (Luke 22:31-32) if did not put him in charge.

d. Tell me WHY Peter called "Protos" (First) in the Gospel (Matt. 10:2) if he was not in charge??

e. Tell me WHY Peter's name occurs first in all lists of apostles (Matt. 10:2; Mk 3:16; Luke 6:14; Acts 1:13) if he was not in charge??

f. Tell me WHY Peter is specified by an angel as the leader and representative of the apostles (Mark 16:7) if he was not in charge??

g. Tell me WHY Peter takes the lead in calling for a successor for Judas (Acts 1:22) if He was not in charge??

h. Tell me WHY Peter is the first person to speak (and only one recorded) after Pentecost, making him the first Christian to preach the Gospel in the Church (Acts 2:14-36) if he was not in charge??

i. Tell me WHY Peter works the first miracle of the Church Age, healing a lame man (Acts 3:6-12) if he was not in charge??

j. Tell me WHY Peter utters the first anathema (Ananias and Sapphira) affirmed by God (Acts 5:2-11) if He was not in charge??

k. Tell me WHY Peter is the first person after Christ to raise the dead (Acts 9:40) if he was not in charge??

l. Tell me WHY Cornelius is told by an angel to seek out Peter for instruction in Christianity (Acts 10:1-6) if he was not in charge??

m. Tell me WHY Peter's name is mentioned more often than all the other disciples put together if He was not in charge??

His name is mentioned 191 times (162 as Peter or Simon Peter, 23 as Simon and 6 as Cephas). John is the next with only 48 mentions, and Peter is present 50 percent of the time we find John in the Bible.

As usual – you don’t know what you’re talking about . . .
Then why bother to convert Paul and have him write most of the New Testament? Why would Paul rebuke Peter if he was the head of the Church?
Gal 2:11

But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
Gal 2:12

For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
Gal 2:13

And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
Gal 2:14

But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't need an education on what the RCC teaches,
I know what they teach, legalism.
Ummmmm, the I information I gave you came straight out of the BIBLEnot from the Catechism.

So, what YOU are rejecting is the Word opf Almighty GOD . . .
They have the same problem of the Galatians that Paul chewed them out over. Adding laws and regulation to faith in Christ for salvation. Whether it's circumcision that the Galatians added, or water baptism, the sacraments, or Church membership by the RCC, it all makes faith void, as Paul said.
NONSENSE.

Water BAPTISM is required for salvation by Jesus and the Apostles (John 3:5, Mark 16:16, Acts 2:37-38).

Not ONLY did Jesus give His Apostles and their successors the power to forgive sins in His name – He gave them the power to hold them bound (John 20:21-23, Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18) through CONFESSION.
Pail himself preached about this Ministry of Reconciliation (2 Cor. 2:10, 2 Cor. 5:18-20).

EUCHARIST - Unless you eat of the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood – you have NO LIFE in you (John 6:33).

Sick and dying people are to be prayed over and ANOINTED by the Presbyters (Priests) – and if they have committed any sins – they will be forgiven (James 5:16).

Acts 2:4, Acts 8:14-17, 19:1-6, Eph. 4:30 describe the laying of hands and being sealed in the Holy Spirit in CONFIRMATION.

Gee – by MY count – that’s FIVE “man-made” Sacraments right there . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why bother to convert Paul and have him write most of the New Testament? Why would Paul rebuke Peter if he was the head of the Church?
Gal 2:11

But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
Gal 2:12
For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
Gal 2:13

And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
Gal 2:14

But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
Sooooo, YOUR argument is that because Paul had to scold Peter for his behavior – Peter couldn’t have been the leader??
That’s weak – even for YOU . . .

When the Pope had moved the headquarters of the Church from Rome to Avignon, France after running for his life St. Catherine of Sienna confronted the last Avignon Pope, Gregory X, and convinced return the papacy to Rome.

Does that mean that Catherine of Siena was actually in charge – or does it dimply mean that the Pope needed some correction?

It was Peter’s BEHAVIOR that needed correction – NOT his teachings or leadership.
The Pope is just another fallen, flawed human being like EVERYONE else.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm, the I information I gave you came straight out of the BIBLEnot from the Catechism.

So, what YOU are rejecting is the Word opf Almighty GOD . . .

NONSENSE.

Water BAPTISM is required for salvation by Jesus and the Apostles (John 3:5, Mark 16:16, Acts 2:37-38).

Not ONLY did Jesus give His Apostles and their successors the power to forgive sins in His name – He gave them the power to hold them bound (John 20:21-23, Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18) through CONFESSION.
Pail himself preached about this Ministry of Reconciliation (2 Cor. 2:10, 2 Cor. 5:18-20).

EUCHARIST - Unless you eat of the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood – you have NO LIFE in you (John 6:33).

Sick and dying people are to be prayed over and ANOINTED by the Presbyters (Priests) – and if they have committed any sins – they will be forgiven (James 5:16).

Acts 2:4, Acts 8:14-17, 19:1-6, Eph. 4:30 describe the laying of hands and being sealed in the Holy Spirit in CONFIRMATION.

Gee – by MY count – that’s FIVE “man-made” Sacraments right there . . .

I know, I'm going to hell because I'm not a legalist as the Catholics.

My faith is totally in the finished work of Christ + nothing, so that disqualifies me.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo, YOUR argument is that because Paul had to scold Peter for his behavior – Peter couldn’t have been the leader??
That’s weak – even for YOU . . .

When the Pope had moved the headquarters of the Church from Rome to Avignon, France after running for his life St. Catherine of Sienna confronted the last Avignon Pope, Gregory X, and convinced return the papacy to Rome.

Does that mean that Catherine of Siena was actually in charge – or does it dimply mean that the Pope needed some correction?

It was Peter’s BEHAVIOR that needed correction – NOT his teachings or leadership.
The Pope is just another fallen, flawed human being like EVERYONE else.
Isn't he infallible in certain issues? Seems odd that someone who is infallible would need such correction, especially concerning an issue like the one Paul was addressing. Was Saint Peter the first pope? | GotQuestions.org

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, I'm going to hell because I'm not a legalist as the Catholics.

My faith is totally in the finished work of Christ + nothing, so that disqualifies me.
Legalistic?
It’s called being obedient to Christ by submitting to Him and His Church – which He equates with His very SELF (Acts 29:4-5) and wjich the Scriptures call the pillar and foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15) and the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).

NO Church, NO Christ on earth.
Know His Church, Know Christ.

On, and MY Trust and the trust most of Catholics around the world is ALSO in the finished work of Christ.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Legalistic?
It’s called being obedient to Christ by submitting to Him and His Church – which He equates with His very SELF (Acts 29:4-5) and wjich the Scriptures call the pillar and foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15) and the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).

NO Church, NO Christ on earth.
Know His Church, Know Christ.

On, and MY Trust and the trust most of Catholics around the world is ALSO in the finished work of Christ.
Can you point me to the scripture that says "One true Church"? I can't seem to find it in the Bible.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't he infallible in certain issues? Seems odd that someone who is infallible would need such correction, especially concerning an issue like the one Paul was addressing. Was Saint Peter the first pope? | GotQuestions.org
He is only Infallible in matters of teaching faith and morals because he is guided by the Holy Spirit.

The Pope isn’t impeccable or flawless in every thought or decision. If he were – I would ask him who was going to win the next 10 Super Bowls and Kentucky Derbies.

As for it being “odd” that Peter needed correction - I can give you a litany of Protestant leaders who were caught misbehaving – but it doesn’t negate the fact that they are still the LEADERS of their factions.
Do you find that to be “odd”?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you point me to the scripture that says "One true Church"? I can't seem to find it in the Bible.
In John 17:29-23, Jesus prays for His ONE Church – that they remain ONE as He and the Father are ONE.

Can YOU show me a verse that advises His Church or even suggests that they break up into tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering factions that all teach different doctrines based on the interpretational whims of their founders?

Can y YOU ou show me where it says that millions of others should simply abandon the assembling of the Body and worship on their own terms like so many Lone Ranger Christians do today?

I’ll wait righ here for your well-researched response.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 17:29-23, Jesus prays for His ONE Church – that they remain ONE as He and the Father are ONE.

Can YOU show me a verse that advises His Church or even suggests that they break up into tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering factions that all teach different doctrines based on the interpretational whims of their founders?

Can y YOU ou show me where it says that millions of others should simply abandon the assembling of the Body and worship on their own terms like so many Lone Ranger Christians do today?

I’ll wait righ here for your well-researched response.
So one true Church is not in the Bible? What was the first / original church? Is the original / first church the true church? | GotQuestions.org

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s more Biblical support for ONE true Church (John 17:20-21, Phi. 2:2) ( than tens of thousands of splintered sects and millions of Lone Rangers
As a matter of fact, as I showed you – this idea is CONDEMNED in Scripture (1 Cor. 1:13-17).

The language in Acts 9:31 describes the Catholic Church:
“Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

According to Strong’s Greek Concordance which is used by Protestants AND Catholics alike – the verse is rendered as:
“The true Church throughout all Judea . . .”

Here is the phrase in Greek:
η μεν ουν εκκλησια καθ ολης της ιουδαιας

The Catholic Church gets its name from the GREEK for “according to the whole” and “universal” - εκκλησια καθ ολης, which is pronounced “katah-holos”.
Εκκλησια (ekklesia) - A gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly; CHURCH
καθ (katah) - Through out, according to
ολης (holos) - All, whole, completely
"ekklesia Kata-holos"
= CATHOLIC CHURCH.

So – “Catholic Church” and “One, TRUE Church” ate synonymous.
STILL waiting for YOU Biblical support for the splintered mess that is Protestantism . . .

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s more Biblical support for ONE true Church (John 17:20-21, Phi. 2:2) ( than tens of thousands of splintered sects and millions of Lone Rangers
As a matter of fact, as I showed you – this idea is CONDEMNED in Scripture (1 Cor. 1:13-17).

“Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

According to Strong’s Greek Concordance which is used by Protestants AND Catholics alike – the verse is rendered as:

The Catholic Church gets its name from the GREEK for “according to the whole” and “universal” - εκκλησια καθ ολης, which is pronounced “katah-holos”.
Εκκλησια (ekklesia) - A gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly; CHURCH
"ekklesia Kata-holos"
= CATHOLIC CHURCH.

STILL waiting for YOU Biblical support for the splintered mess that is Protestantism . . .
What is the origin of the Roman Catholic Church? | GotQuestions.org

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"ekklesia Kata-holos"
= CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Catholic or Roman Catholic.? They all think they were the first Church Catholic (term) - Wikipedia

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada