The Only Way We Will Ever Agree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 66:16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.
Love what you shared. Something that has stood out to me is “and the slain of the Lord shall be many.”

is it appropriate to say that it’s holy and good “the slain of the Lord will be many”?

Romans 7:10-12 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. [11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. [12] Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Romans 7:13
Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Christians believe and have in common the essential doctrines:
* God created everything and is sovereign
* Good and evil need to be understood
* Heaven and Hell exist
* Man is body, soul and spirit
* Angels, Satan and Demons exist
* Inerrency of God's Word
* Miracles have taken place and still do
* Our main purpose in life is to be reconciled to God through Christ alone, Who died for our sins, was buried and rose from the dead on the third day
* The wages of sin is death
*All have sinned and need forgiveness and to be baptized by the Holy Spirit
* Prayer is vital to commune with God
* Faith, hope, peace, love, joy, kindness, gentleness, self control, patience are fruit of the Spirit
* We believe, therefore we follow and obey Christ
* Jesus will return in Judgment and separate good from evil, sheep from goats

That's off the top of my head and I'm sure I missed something ...
However, is there anything here you do not agree with?
Thank you for this. Please see my take on your "essential doctrines."

Yahweh created everything and is sovereign
The "understood" word can create various views
* Heaven and Hell exist
Heaven does exist, but it is not our home, Hell is illusive with different names but the Lake of Fire exists
Man is body and spirit which becomes a soul
Good here
The original manuscripts (as illusive as they are) are worthy of trust. What man has done to the manuscripts must be examined.
They have taken place, but their existence is mostly on a personal level and no longer are used to validate who Yeshua is.
* Our main purpose in life is to be reconciled to God through Christ alone, Who died for our sins, was buried and rose from the dead on the third day
Our purpose is to be one of Yahweh's children. We get there through Yeshua His son. He died as a sacrifice to place the New Covenant in effect. That is what was "finished."
Good here, too.
All have sinned, can receive mercy from Yahweh, and are instructed to be baptized. God works in us to bring the change we all require.
As long as "prayer" means speaking with God with our personal thoughts, yes. Public oratory - not so much.
* Faith, hope, peace, love, joy, kindness, gentleness, self control, patience are fruit of the Spirit
That's what the scriptures say
I think we should keep in mind that Christ claimed that all He taught came from His Father, therefore we obey God when we obey Christ.
Yep, I look forward to it.

I also think it is very important to accept the truth of this:

1 Co 8:4–6 Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.” For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”— yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for this. Please see my take on your "essential doctrines."

Yahweh created everything and is sovereign
The "understood" word can create various views
* Heaven and Hell exist
Heaven does exist, but it is not our home, Hell is illusive with different names but the Lake of Fire exists
Man is body and spirit which becomes a soul
Good here
The original manuscripts (as illusive as they are) are worthy of trust. What man has done to the manuscripts must be examined.
They have taken place, but their existence is mostly on a personal level and no longer are used to validate who Yeshua is.
Our purpose is to be one of Yahweh's children. We get there through Yeshua His son. He died as a sacrifice to place the New Covenant in effect. That is what was "finished."
Good here, too.
All have sinned, can receive mercy from Yahweh, and are instructed to be baptized. God works in us to bring the change we all require.
As long as "prayer" means speaking with God with our personal thoughts, yes. Public oratory - not so much.
That's what the scriptures say
I think we should keep in mind that Christ claimed that all He taught came from His Father, therefore we obey God when we obey Christ.
Yep, I look forward to it.

I also think it is very important to accept the truth of this:

1 Co 8:4–6 Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.” For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”— yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.
Spyder, that scripture at the end of your post should be clear to know that the Father is the only true (divine) God and then his Son, as made lord by his Father, Jesus the Christ.

And then inferred from this scripture alone, there is then no Holy Spirit separate for the Holy Spirit of this one person, the one Father God. Paul of course knew all this as he wrote these words and others like it.

There is only one, one person God, not two or three, or many. This deeply blinded and veiled view, the common, the so-called orthodox take on two and especially three or more persons as God has caused more harm, chaos and confusion that anything else within the Body of Christ in understanding the word of God. And it's really is evident even on this site.

And further, this is the sole reason for many wild doctrines conceived and thrown around, and then endlessly battered and argued over, even on this site. Theology and Christology are two key factors that divide and cause much grief amongst brethren!

Folks need to get real and confess that when they read say this scripture of 1 Co 8:4-6 it is clear and means EXACTLY what it says; that God is one and is called the Father. The Son, although of his Father's workmanship is not the same as the unfathomable one God.

And then when some are confronted with this kind of scripture posted here, they attempt to wish it away with some vain or thoughtless excuse, and move on. It's a shame and we want to know why we cannot agree. Really, well, it's staring them in the face and they want to look the other way. The subject and inquiry is a joke and is useless.

---------------

Last edited:
Reactions: Spyder

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not agree with your marriage analogy of the 1st and the last rains as the historical two rain cycles in two seasons of the same year.
Dear APAK,
You said:
I do not agree with your marriage analogy of the 1st and the last rains as the historical two rain cycles in two seasons of the same year.

1Cor 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

The principle that Paul states above applies to more than just a natural body and a spiritual body.

The Old Covenant is natural and the New Testament is spiritual.

The same is true of the Law. Under the Old Covenant, the Law is written on tablets of stone (the natural). Under the New Covenant, it is written in the heart (the spiritual).

Also, all the OT events were natural events but they teach spiritual truths which are spiritually fulfilled within the Elect under the New Covenant (the spiritual).

Paul said this:

1Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened to them as types, and have been written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.

The "ends of the ages" (what Christ was teaching in Mat 24) come upon an Elect believer when they are converted. With their conversion, their spiritual blindness is healed and the OT events come alive to them because they can see how they were spiritually fulfilled within themselves.

The Early and Latter Rains of the OT are natural. But like the other events, they are spiritually fulfilled within the Elect under the New Covenant.

Also, Christ's coming to an unbeliever with the Early Rain is a natural visitation. The new believer is given a measure of faith at that time but they will remain spiritually blind. Because of their blindness, they can only see Christ in the flesh (carnally/Christ and Him crucified). When Christ comes the second time to the same person with the Latter Rain, Christ will heal their blindness and appear to them spiritually.

Do you understand this scripture:

1John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

John is not talking about believers who deny that Christ literally came in the flesh and went to the cross. They would not have ever been believers if they denied Christ's literal physical coming which led Him to the cross. John is talking about believers who deny that Christ ever came to them in the flesh when He first called them out from the world (Early Rain). Nothing as changed in the apostate church even up to today. Apostate believers deny that Christ came to them in the flesh when He first gave them the Holy Spirit (Early Rain). Apostate believers say that when Christ first came to them to call them out, He did so like He did to the Jewish Elect on the Day of Pentecost. They deny the natural coming of Christ to them. This false belief the apostate believers hold comes from the deceptions of the spirit of anti-Christ .

Consider this scripture:

1Cor 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.

When did the Apostles first call Jesus "Lord" and recognize Him as the Christ? Was it after they received the Latter Rain on the Day of Pentecost? Certainly not.

So how were they able to make a confession of faith before that time in light of what 1Cor 12:3 teaches?

The Apostles were able to make a confession of faith before the Day of Pentecost because they had received the Early Rain previously during Christ's ministry. After they received the Early Rain, the Apostles began a time of waiting for Christ to "come again" with the Latter Rain. And as Christ says in Revelation, He came "quickly" to them.

Christ's second coming is not a physically visible coming at the end of this age as is commonly taught.

Christ first comes to a person "in the flesh" after He gives them the Early Rain because they can only see Him carnally at that time. This is the natural. His second coming to the person with the Latter Rain is His spiritual coming. The only event that occurs at the literal end of this age is the bodily resurrection from the grave.

You asked:
I'm curious to know were you might have learned all this..

I was converted at age 44 on Oct 8th, 2005. It was a day like no other. My world was turned upside down. Spiritually speaking, there was thunder, lightning, earthquakes and trumpets. The sun was darkened and the moon turned to blood. My life has never been the same since that day and I had been in the "church" my entire life (mostly in the Church of Christ/Baptist/non-denomination).

My conversion testimony is presented on my website which is shown under my member name.

After my conversion, the Word of God opened up to my understanding. I learned a few basic truths from a teacher named Ray Smith but it was very limited. I quickly moved onto my own studies and over next few years I learned most of what I have been presenting to you here.

This scripture applies to how I learned from Christ:

Prov 2:1 My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, 2 making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; 3 yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, 4 if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, 5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.

Since I was converted, I have not associated with any church or denomination because they are all apostate. Light does not fellowship with darkness. I was blessed to have my wife converted at the same time that I was. We both understand God's truth in the same way. I have met a few converted believers online during the years who also understand the truth as I do, but I have no teachers and no one to fellowship with locally.

The work that the Lord gave me to do is the work of Elijah. I make the call of repentance to people in the apostate church (who dwell in the wilderness) so as to make the pathway "straight" for the Lord to come to them a second time with the Latter Rain.

This scripture applies:

James 5:17 Elijah was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit. 19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one turns him back; 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Elijah's 3 1/2 years of natural drought is now occurring spiritually within a person between the time they receive the Early Rain of the Spirit and the time they receive Latter Rain of the Spirit. It is not literal time. This 3 1/2 year period is also the last 3 1/2 years of Daniel's Seventy Weeks prophecy. The OT is natural, so the first 69 1/2 years were fulfilled by literal time. But when Christ was "cut off" at the cross, the spiritual New Covenant began. With this change, the last 3 1/2 years of the prophecy are now being fulfilled spiritually within the Elect. After the last Elect person is converted in this age, Daniel's Seventy Weeks prophecy will be fulfilled.

Note: Anytime you see "time, times and half a time, 3 1/2 years, 42 months or 1260 days" in scripture, it is referring to the time a believer spends in between receiving the Early and Latter Rains (the time of drought). After a believer becomes apostate, they are experiencing their Day of Evil. This is the time of "great tribulation" that all believers will experience after receiving the Early Rain. The great tribulation is spiritual and does not happen out in the world at the end of this literal age as is commonly taught.

Joe

• Love
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love what you shared. Something that has stood out to me is “and the slain of the Lord shall be many.”

is it appropriate to say that it’s holy and good “the slain of the Lord will be many”?

Romans 7:10-12 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. [11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. [12] Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Romans 7:13
Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Dear VictoryinJesus,
It's good to hear from you again.

You asked:
Is it appropriate to say that it’s holy and good “the slain of the Lord will be many”?

Yes, it is holy and good.

The scripture you quoted from Romans does not apply to the verse I quoted:

Isa 66:16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

In Romans, Paul is talking about the death that comes to all mankind because of our sin (violation of God's Law). The verse in Isaiah is talking about the death that comes to the child of the Devil (all mankind) during the conversion process.

Conversion begins for an Elect believer when they receive the Latter Rain of the Spirit (what the Apostles received on the Day of Pentecost). With the Latter Rain, the person is "born again" and is spiritually gathered to heaven (not literally). Now the person is ready for judgment. During that judgment, the person's carnality will be destroyed. It is destroyed (slain) by "fire" and by the "Sword". The believer's carnality is symbolized by Mystery Babylon the Great Harlot. Her destruction is shown in Revelation chapter 18.

The Great Harlot is the woman who bears the penalty of sin and is who Eve "typed":

1Tim 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

Adam is a type for the carnal mind (head). Since the man (mind) wants to please the woman (carnal nature), the man does what pleases the woman.

Now back to the verse in Isaiah; it says that the Lord will plead with "all flesh". This is all mankind. In other words, all mankind will be slain by the Lord with fire (judgment) and with His Sword (God's Word). This death will complete a person's conversion into a child of God. The child of the Devil will be slain.

And since all mankind will be judged by Christ, all mankind will be saved.

1Tim 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; 4 who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

This is good and holy.

Joe

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans, Paul is talking about the death that comes to all mankind because of our sin (violation of God's Law).
I’ll go with it doesn’t relate. But then that only confuses me. Paul to me is speaking personally of his own conversation (I thought) when death came to “the child of the devil” …his carnality …during the (his) conversation process. Or that is what I read.
The verse in Isaiah is talking about the death that comes to the child of the Devil (all mankind) during the conversion process.

Now the person is ready for judgment. During that judgment, the person's carnality will be destroyed. It is destroyed (slain) by "fire" and by the "Sword"
Where then Paul speaks of the Law came and was good for had the Law not come, then he would not have known sin. (In him) But the Law was made manifest so “sin became exceedingly sinful” …I read it as a personal testimony. So now I’m confused that Paul isn’t talking about his own seeing who is the destroyer of the body of Christ, saying “you know how I was a waster” are you saying Paul wasn’t ‘ready for judgment. During that judgment, the person's carnality will be destroyed. It is destroyed (slain) by "fire" and by the "Sword"’
Because again I get confused at when Paul says he lost all things …all things destroyed…personally I think Paul fits “a mans work burned (tested)by fire who suffered loss (of all things): YET saved By fire.
1 Corinthians 3:15
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss(I suffered the loss of all things for Christs sake): but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your question.

But, does it matter? Suppose 99% of the people on Earth practiced Love Thy Neighbor (and the remaining 1% were neutralized: might FOR right). Would any other disagreements be significant? Isn’t God pleased when people live in harmony with each other and are serious stewards of our planet?

Peace and Blessings.
budda and the social gospel would agree .
But you missed a huge fact and factor .
GOD doesnt want the world in agreement with one another .
HECK THEY HAD THAT AT THE BUILDING OF THE TOWER OF NIMROD .
What GOD wants is AGREEMENT WITH HIM < HIS WORD .
oops . guess many seem to forget THAT .
HECK they had unity , they had agreement , they had WE ARE ONE
all at the building of the tower of nimrod .
THE PROBLEM WAS , their agreeement , unity , love , what they praticed
DIDNT AGREE WITH GOD , it was all about HUMANITY .
AS IS THE SOCIAL ALL INCLUSIVE GOSPEL.
YOU SEE many preach a unity , a love , a finding common ground
, a relationship , a harmony , THAT JUST AINT IN AGREEMENT WITH GOD OR HIS WORDS OR HIS WORD .
THAT WONT BODE WELL ON THE DAY OF THE LORD EITHER . Now you too , will soon see why so many
have zero love for me . ME POINTS TO GOD , HIS GLORY, HIS LOVE , HIS HARMONY , HIS FAITH
HIS TRUTH . not to what makes man pleased , but to that which pleases GOD . GO on now
let the accusations begin . FOR MY LOVE i be hated . But my LOVE points to GOD , TO CHRIST
and that love points to the death of what pleases man . TIME WE OPEN US SOME BIBLE . do be encouraged now
ya hear .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I declare all out war against the all inclusive social gospel , its love , its harmony , its unity
its building bridges , its everything .
Hey mark and all , have i really become the enemy of all just cause i wont budge from the truth and the love FOR TRUTH .
GOD determins truth , not man .

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD determins truth , not man .
Sure. But many disagree on what God's truth actually is (which is why sites like this one get so contentious). Sometimes it's because they don't see Scripture as the sole source of God's truth. Sometimes it's because they disagree on Scripture's proper interpretation. Sometimes it's even disagreement on what counts as Scripture. And sometimes it's just ignorance -- seasoned with a dose of confirmation bias for entrenched propositions staked out without due consideration of alternative possibilities.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. But many disagree on what God's truth actually is (which is why sites like this one get so contentious). Sometimes it's because they don't see Scripture as the sole source of God's truth. Sometimes it's because they disagree on Scripture's proper interpretation. Sometimes it's even disagreement on what counts as Scripture. And sometimes it's just ignorance -- seasoned with a dose of confirmation bias for entrenched propositions staked out without due consideration of alternative possibilities.
thus TRUTH AINT WHAT ONES DENOMINATION CLAIMED IT .
ITS WHAT IS SIMPLY WRITTEN IN SCRIPTURE . WE BETTER ALL WATCH OUT
FOR MANY WOLVES IN WOOL HAVE COME WITHIN TO DECIEVE US .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I DELCARE ALL OUT WAR AGAINST THE SOCIAL ALL INCLUSIVE GO SPELL .
NOW EXPLAIN TO ME WHERE I MIGHT BE WRONG . LETS BEGIN WITH THAT MY FRIEND .

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I DELCARE ALL OUT WAR AGAINST THE SOCIAL ALL INCLUSIVE GO SPELL .
NOW EXPLAIN TO ME WHERE I MIGHT BE WRONG . LETS BEGIN WITH THAT MY FRIEND .
I've already answered this. You MIGHT BE WRONG because you see Scripture as the sole source of God's truth; or because you and they disagree on Scripture's proper interpretation; or on what counts as Scripture; or due to ignorance -- seasoned with a dose of confirmation bias for entrenched propositions staked out without due consideration of alternative possibilities.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've already answered this. You MIGHT BE WRONG because you see Scripture as the sole source of God's truth; or because you and they disagree on Scripture's proper interpretation; or on what counts as Scripture; or due to ignorance -- seasoned with a dose of confirmation bias for entrenched propositions staked out without due consideration of alternative possibilities.
scripture aint too difficult to comprehend . Often men who make it so have done so to fit their own ideals
of what it ought to say or to imply . Keep that in mind my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually you did not answer it . HOW do you SEE the social justice or social inclusive gospel .
lets start with that .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give me a succinct definition of "the social justice or social inclusive gospel," and I'll do my best to answer.
the gospel that overlooks sins and even accepts certain sins as love . example . HOMOSEXUALITY
the gospel that gives the idea that muslims and others serve the same GOD we do .
the gospel that wont correct sin and error within the church and rather accuses those who do so as being judgmental .
The idea that our duty is to somehow shut about about preaching THE DIRE NEED to BELIEVE ON JESUS
and rather try and just get along and find common ground with false religoins and others .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give me a succinct definition of "the social justice or social inclusive gospel," and I'll do my best to answer.
the gospel or idea that somehow GOD is more concerned with us agreeing with each other .
WHEN IN TRUTH , HIS CONCERN IS WE AGREE WITH HIM . this list can go on .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather odd indeed . IF THE DESIRE OF GOD was that HUMANITY FIND COMMON GROUND
and just get along and agree with one another , THEN WHY DID HE DESTROY THE TOWER OF BABEL .
exactly . GOD , HIS DESIRE IS NOT that humanity just get along
with one another , try and agree and find common ground with one another .
HIS DESIRE IS for man to AGREE WITH HIM . TO FOLLOW HIM . TO EMBRACE HIS TRUTH , HIS GOSPEL
HIS WORDS . oops i just exposed the social inclusive lets get along sorry crap pile dung lie
for the LIE IT IS . BIBLE TIME my dear and dearest friends . BIBLE TIME is all i can say .