The Original 360 Day Calendar of the Torah, New Moons, and the True Appointed Times of Festivals

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am very glad to hear that you are comfortable with where you are and understand how things work. Of course I learned my beginnings beyond Catholicism with Pentecostals so that may put us at odds on some things, but God understands all things, doesn't He?

God understands it all. He understands us better than we understand ourselves.

Well, when I was very young my parents rented from a Pentecostal preacher. His church was next door to our home. His son lived next to our home.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am very glad to hear that you are comfortable with where you are and understand how things work. Of course I learned my beginnings beyond Catholicism with Pentecostals so that may put us at odds on some things, but God understands all things, doesn't He?
When young my parents rented a house for a Pentecostal Preacher. His church was on the adjoining property and on the other side is where his son lived.

I knew him since I went to school with his granddaughter.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The modern definition of "spirit" no longer means what the original Greek and Hebrews words mean for "pneuma" and "ruach", which today has a similar definition as "ghost", which is incorrect. The original words meant breath, wind, airflow. So again I ask, since you've taken it upon yourself to use the term "holy ghost", what is the set-apart airflow? What exactly is he? If you answer me, then I will know that you know. It only takes one sentence and one scripture to explain his identity, which most do not know and are quick to say, "oh I have the holy spirit", when they obviously don't. They are clueless and do not understand.
I am sorry my friend, but I do not understand your words or your question at least not in the way you want them to be understood.

Definitions that men have which I also had for they were there when I came to God. But... over the many years I have been reading the scriptures and talking to God, some things, including I am certain definitions, have been changed in me even if I may not realize it on the surface. When I am not led I do not have the answer, or at least not answer some people are looking for or expecting.

Whether or not a person can cite the particular verse that is meaningful to you is not the deciding factor for me or for anyone else: God is, and the fruits manifested through a person as the person is led by the Holy Spirit. Throwing out the word, ghost, does not fix a problem if a problem exists.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God understands it all. He understands us better than we understand ourselves.

Well, when I was very young my parents rented from a Pentecostal preacher. His church was next door to our home. His son lived next to our home.
So then perhaps you understand a bit more than I would have thought, but then there a great variety of Pentecostals. I fit probably NOT in with most of them now if they knew where I was with regard to some of their "essentials".

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A number of things when you dig down. Israel, Christ, Church, salvation, New Jerusalem, other nations and more.

But that requires research, time and dedication. Things some on here have made it clear they're not willing to do.

Your name suggests that you know the core issues about the Word of God and what it is all about. Your evasive answer tells us all that we need to know, particularly since the question I asked only required a one word answer according to the scriptures.

Shalom

Reactions: Heart2Soul

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry my friend, but I do not understand your words or your question at least not in the way you want them to be understood.

Definitions that men have which I also had for they were there when I came to God. But... over the many years I have been reading the scriptures and talking to God, some things, including I am certain definitions, have been changed in me even if I may not realize it on the surface. When I am not led I do not have the answer, or at least not answer some people are looking for or expecting.

Whether or not a person can cite the particular verse that is meaningful to you is not the deciding factor for me or for anyone else: God is, and the fruits manifested through a person as the person is led by the Holy Spirit. Throwing out the word, ghost, does not fix a problem if a problem exists.

This scripture reveals the identity of the set-apart breath,

he makes his angels into winds and his ministers a flaming fire. (Psalm 104:4)

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A bit of kindness in Spirit [or Airflow] makes a whole lot of difference in the kind of response if any you get.

I read somewhat more than half and was favorably impressed even though it was not exactly new. It was simply expressed differently with some exceptions. There was too much on which to comment other than to say much of what I saw went along with what I believe. The doubtful things are held in abeyance.

I copied the whole thing to my own program and saved it on my computer for a slower reading/study. You definitely went to a lot of work here and I don't believe it all was wasted. But again don't expect everyone to be on your team all of the way and don't expect that no one to oppose you. Remember how many followed Jesus closely and stood by him as he made his way to his crucifixion. He was the Master and always had the right and best answers. We are not and do not.

Give God the glory!

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A bit of kindness in Spirit [or Airflow] makes a whole lot of difference in the kind of response if any you get.

I read somewhat more than half and was favorably impressed even though it was not exactly new. It was simply expressed differently with some exceptions. There was too much on which to comment other than to say much of what I saw went along with what I believe. The doubtful things are held in abeyance.

I copied the whole thing to my own program and saved it on my computer for a slower reading/study. You definitely went to a lot of work here and I don't believe it all was wasted. But again don't expect everyone to be on your team all of the way and don't expect that no one to oppose you. Remember how many followed Jesus closely and stood by him as he made his way to his crucifixion. He was the Master and always had the right and best answers. We are not and do not.

Give God the glory!

I am glad you read it and hope it helps you grow in the wisdom of our beloved Master and Messiah Yeshuah. Please take the liberty to read throughout the entire blog and message me if there's anything you want to discuss personally. I know there is alot of information on the internet, but I plead with you to at least take a read at my studies to give you a different perspective than what you might have now, you might be surprised to discover what you may or may not know.

Reactions: amadeus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The ancient Hebrew and Greek meanings have never changed.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your name suggests that you know the core issues about the Word of God and what it is all about. Your evasive answer tells us all that we need to know, particularly since the question I asked only required a one word answer according to the scriptures.

Shalom
I don't avoid answers. But I can't help but if you don't like the answers.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't avoid answers. But I can't help but if you don't like the answers.
Thanks for continuing to confirm what I had already come to know about you and that you deserve to be ignored as irrelevant to any serious discussion.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad you read it and hope it helps you grow in the wisdom of our beloved Master and Messiah Yeshuah. Please take the liberty to read throughout the entire blog and message me if there's anything you want to discuss personally. I know there is alot of information on the internet, but I plead with you to at least take a read at my studies to give you a different perspective than what you might have now, you might be surprised to discover what you may or may not know.
This AM is busy for me. I will spend a while longer on the forum and then off I go. God willing I will look at this again later today. Thank you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ancient Hebrew and Greek meanings have never changed.
Of course they haven't but man's understanding or interpretation of them most certainly has from person to person or even within the same person as God has opened understanding.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course they haven't but man's understanding or interpretation of them most certainly has from person to person or even within the same person as God has opened understanding.
I agree.

Also was changed are those transmitting and interpreting the bible.

Such as the King James Version is not a translation, but a revision of prior bibles, all containing alterations and additions made by catholic scribes to fit catholic doctrine, in example Passover became Easter, originally contained the apocrypha and changed repentance to penance.

As well 1611 English is pretty non intelligible to people today. So that did update that later, but still archaic today. As well as corrections in the New King James Version.

Such as the NIV and NASB ditched the Textus Receptus, not a manuscript, but a document created from pieces of five other documents. They went with much older manuscripts and did fresh translations.

Just saying things have indeed changed, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Getting rid of the catholic influence was for the better.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.

Also was changed are those transmitting and interpreting the bible.
The true interpretation, if we have one, comes from God within us. We need to be His sheep:

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice." John 10:4

Such as the King James Version is not a translation, but a revision of prior bibles, all containing alterations and additions made by catholic scribes to fit catholic doctrine, in example Passover became Easter, originally contained the apocrypha and changed repentance to penance.
But for some of us it simply where we have been for so many years in spite of any errors or contradictions that may be seen. I started reading the Bible for first time in my life in 1976. It was the KJV. Do I hold to it because it is flawless? No, but which one translated by man is better? You or others will have an opinion in favor of this or that one but even the experts will disagree and likely some of those ancient language experts are biased by their own beliefs.
As well 1611 English is pretty non intelligible to people today. So that did update that later, but still archaic today. As well as corrections in the New King James Version.

Such as the NIV and NASB ditched the Textus Receptus, not a manuscript, but a document created from pieces of five other documents. They went with much older manuscripts and did fresh translations.
To me the KJV is not unintelligible but I don't speak for anyone but me, do I? I have read it and studied and compared it with the Valera and the Luther for many years as well as praying for God's guidance in my understanding. Manuscripts used mean nothing if we are only dependent on the translators anyway. I used to translate documents as part of my secular employment so I understand the problems of trusting in a translator, even a good one. We need to trust in God perhaps especially in our used translations and interpretations of the scriptures. I do not believe that changing a person's primary Bible is going to make he difference between being finally saved or not.

Just saying things have indeed changed, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Getting rid of the catholic influence was for the better.
The Catholic influence on what many people among those called Protestants and other non-Catholic followers of Christ is not gone. This influence could or would be good when it was correct or it could or would be bad when it was in error. If you have participated in or read any portion of the large number of threads and posts on this forum about these things you may know what I mean.

Who is already an overcomer as Jesus was? Who already has within himself the whole message of God to man based on the scriptures? Anyone who does is always able to speak the truth, but where is even one like that? It may be easy to point a finger at someone in error, but who can correctly point a finger at an overcomer?

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true interpretation, if we have one, comes from God within us. We need to be His sheep:

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice." John 10:4

But for some of us it simply where we have been for so many years in spite of any errors or contradictions that may be seen. I started reading the Bible for first time in my life in 1976. It was the KJV. Do I hold to it because it is flawless? No, but which one translated by man is better? You or others will have an opinion in favor of this or that one but even the experts will disagree and likely some of those ancient language experts are biased by their own beliefs.

To me the KJV is not unintelligible but I don't speak for anyone but me, do I? I have read it and studied and compared it with the Valera and the Luther for many years as well as praying for God's guidance in my understanding. Manuscripts used mean nothing if we are only dependent on the translators anyway. I used to translate documents as part of my secular employment so I understand the problems of trusting in a translator, even a good one. We need to trust in God perhaps especially in our used translations and interpretations of the scriptures. I do not believe that changing a person's primary Bible is going to make he difference between being finally saved or not.

The Catholic influence on what many people among those called Protestants and other non-Catholic followers of Christ is not gone. This influence could or would be good when it was correct or it could or would be bad when it was in error. If you have participated in or read any portion of the large number of threads and posts on this forum about these things you may know what I mean.

Who is already an overcomer as Jesus was? Who already has within himself the whole message of God to man based on the scriptures? Anyone who does is always able to speak the truth, but where is even one like that? It may be easy to point a finger at someone in error, but who can correctly point a finger at an overcomer?
I think you're misunderstanding a lot of what I'm saying. Time will tell.

Salvation vs. Sanctification.

I began reading the bible in 1961. The NIV came out in 1965. The NASB 1971.

There was times of debate and I listened very close to a lot of Biblical linguists and all agree the King James Version was not a good choice for serious bible study, of the others were.

I understand where you're coming from and I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you're misunderstanding a lot of what I'm saying. Time will tell.

Salvation vs. Sanctification.

I began reading the bible in 1961. The NIV came out in 1965. The NASB 1971.

There was times of debate and I listened very close to a lot of Biblical linguists and all agree the King James Version was not a good choice for serious bible study, of the others were.

I understand where you're coming from and I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

I believe that I do understand where you are coming from and I am not criticizing your position. Hopefully you understand where I am coming from.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: CoreIssue