The Original 360 Day Calendar of the Torah, New Moons, and the True Appointed Times of Festivals

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, you can challenge, but that does not mean what you say is either a effective or accurate.

But that did not answer my question about your background that actually makes you qualified.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, you can challenge, but that does not mean what you say is either a effective or accurate.

But that did not answer my question about your background that actually makes you qualified.
Now how does a person qualify to participate in a debate on the forum? Have a different view point? Well there is my qualification....I have different views than you do. GEEZ.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@CoreIssue

As a test of your knowledge, what did God promise Abraham in Haran as found in Genesis 12:1-3?

You have claimed, with pride, to be a teacher of God's word, but this simple test question will sift the wheat from the chaff in your case.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue

As a test of your knowledge, what did God promise Abraham in Haran as found in Genesis 12:1-3?

You have claimed, with pride, to be a teacher of God's word, but this simple test question will sift the wheat from the chaff in your case.
A number of things when you dig down. Israel, Christ, Church, salvation, New Jerusalem, other nations and more.

But that requires research, time and dedication. Things some on here have made it clear they're not willing to do.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you to look in the link I have seen people type posts that are longer.
What I saying is that this is the way it is. People may or may not read a long post. I do not read most of them for my own reasons regarding time as well as interest and simply following the lead of the Holy Spirit.
I look to see the author is. Some I will not read simply because of my experience with the writings of that author. For others or for unknown authors if it is long I may read the first few lines or scan to see if it something with which I want to take more time. Unseen links will often remain unseen for me because of what I have seen.

What you're saying is people will not read the bible because it has too many words in it.
For some people this is certainly the case... but you should not conclude that a lack of interest in other writings means a lack of interest in scripture. I have know people who were never readers at all until they met the Master and then they got serious about reading the Bible. This does not mean they also began to read a lot other things.

On many topics you have to quote multiple verses, word definitions, historical facts, etc to actually get a correct answer. When they're already collected in a link why should I copy the contents as a post?
Quite often on the things of God all I do is read the scriptures and talk to God. There are exceptions to this but they are exceptions. Most of my non-scriptural reading about God and the things of God is done on forums like this. But I only read a fraction of all that is written here in detail. If a link from a poster here catches my eye, I may click on it, but again it's length and its subject are factors in whether or not I will read in full what the link contains.
Those who do not have the time or interest should wait until they can do it right.
There is not enough time for anyone to read it all or study it all as you probably already know. When I post I expect that many people won't read my posts at all. That's the way it is. Don't expect too much and you won't be too disappointed due to a seeming lack of interest in what you write or for which you provide links. That's that way it is.

On my jobs a big lesson was you have to get the correct information to arrive at the correct answer. Otherwise you make decisions that hurt, damage or cost people their lives that.

Same here on a spiritual level.
Maybe for you it is the same on the spiritual level, but should it be? Do we really have to look for more than what Jesus said was needed to obtain Life?

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me." John 6:53-57

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What background is needed other than God's calling and a regular surrender to the Holy Ghost? Will not the Holy Ghost lead us into truth if we are willing to follow? Will we not be led first into milk and there to meat if we are obedient?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What background is needed other than God's calling and a regular surrender to the Holy Ghost? Will not the Holy Ghost lead us into truth if we are willing to follow? Will we not be led first into milk and there to meat if we are obedient?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26
2 Timothy 2:15 New International Version (NIV)
15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

What Does the Bible Say About Studying The Bible?

What does the Bible say about teaching? the

Asking questions is far different from declaring what someone else says is false.

And from what you said in other posts, consider maybe you are on too many forums, so you cannot deal with topics in depth.

The Holy Spirit leads you to places you can learn, helps you to study. Nowhere does it say he simply pours spiritual maturity and knowledge into your brain.

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why do you call the breath of God a "ghost". Do you even understand what the set-apart breath is?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a note. Holy Ghost is not an accurate translation.

Pneuma

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
4151 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
pneu'ma from (4154)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Pneuma 6:332,876
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
pnyoo'-mah Noun Neuter
Definition
  1. the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son
    1. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his personality and character (the \\Holy\\ Spirit)
    2. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his work and power (the Spirit of \\Truth\\)
    3. never referred to as a depersonalised force
  2. the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated
    1. the rational spirit, the power by which the human being feels, thinks, decides
    2. the soul
  3. a spirit, i.e. a simple essence, devoid of all or at least all grosser matter, and possessed of the power of knowing, desiring, deciding, and acting
    1. a life giving spirit
    2. a human soul that has left the body
    3. a spirit higher than man but lower than God, i.e. an angel
      1. used of demons, or evil spirits, who were conceived as inhabiting the bodies of men
      2. the spiritual nature of Christ, higher than the highest angels and equal to God, the divine nature of Christ
  4. the disposition or influence which fills and governs the soul of any one
    1. the efficient source of any power, affection, emotion, desire, etc.
  5. a movement of air (a gentle blast)
    1. of the wind, hence the wind itself
    2. breath of nostrils or mouth

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 2:15 New International Version (NIV)
15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

What Does the Bible Say About Studying The Bible?

This verse tells us what we get when we study even the Bible for the wrong purpose or n the wrong spirit:

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh."Ecc 12:12

This following verse tells we need to study, but not in order to learn the truth. The study is required to be obedient to God, not to learn the truth:

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Tim 2:15

We learn the truth, if we do by and through the Holy Ghost. This is the "rightly dividing" of which Paul wrote:

The Apostle Paul clarifies that the letter read and studied by our flesh alone [our reasoning with our brain alone] kills and so it does. Without the Life giving Holy Spirit the scripture will provide death. This is why are 'dyed in the wool' atheist will read and study the Bible and remain an atheist:

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:5-6

What does the Bible say about teaching?

Asking questions is far different from declaring what someone else says is false.

And from what you said in other posts, consider maybe you are on too many forums, so you cannot deal with topics in depth.
You should be more careful about jumping to conclusions. I have never formally quit a forum, but presently this forum is the only one where I am regularly active.

I did not say the Holy Spirit pours maturity and knowledge in our brain. What we need is Life. This comes first eating his flesh and then having that flesh quickened in us by the Holy Ghost as God sees that it is needed.

Eating his flesh is simply consuming the raw material. [The carnal body eats the dead meat of a cow.]

Drinking his blood is taking in the Life giving Holy Spirit for without the blood there is no Life. [the dead meat of that cow is digested and the good parts as the body discerns good become living parts of our carnal body.]
Eating the flesh of Jesus can simply be reading the scriptures. Drinking his blood can simply be taking in the Holy Spirit to provide Life to the consumed scriptures.

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." John 6:53

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This verse tells us what we get when we study even the Bible for the wrong purpose or n the wrong spirit:

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh."Ecc 12:12

• That is sure taking the verse out of context. Especially using archaic English KJV

• “Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher.[a]
    8 “Everything is meaningless!”
    The Conclusion of the Matter

9 Not only was the Teacher wise, but he also imparted knowledge to the people. He pondered and searched out and set in order many proverbs. 10 The Teacher searched to find just the right words, and what he wrote was upright and true.

11 The words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails—given by one shepherd. 12 Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.

Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

Now all has been heard;
    here is the conclusion of the matter:
    Fear God and keep his commandments,
    for this is the duty of all mankind.
    For God will bring every deed into judgment,
    including every hidden thing,
    We'll keep an eye on it The problem came up to get out of the water whether it is good or evil..

Five 550 gee

This following verse tells we need to study, but not in order to learn the truth. The study is required to be obedient to God, not to learn the truth:

So we can be approved learning a lie? Your own following verses disagree with you.

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Tim 2:15

We learn the truth, if we do by and through the Holy Ghost. This is the "rightly dividing" of which Paul wrote:

The Apostle Paul clarifies that the letter read and studied by our flesh alone [our reasoning with our brain alone] kills and so it does. Without the Life giving Holy Spirit the scripture will provide death. This is why are 'dyed in the wool' atheist will read and study the Bible and remain an atheist:

I have never said a study by the flash only. Nor does the bible say study by the Holy Spirit only. Holy Ghost is not the correct translation.

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:5-6

Yep, legalism kills.

You should be more careful about jumping to conclusions. I have never formally quit a forum, but presently this forum is the only one where I am regularly active.

Just going by your own words.

I did not say the Holy Spirit pours maturity and knowledge in our brain. What we need is Life. This comes first eating his flesh and then having that flesh quickened in us by the Holy Ghost as God sees that it is needed.

Eating his flesh is simply consuming the raw material. [The carnal body eats the dead meat of a cow.]

Drinking his blood is taking in the Life giving Holy Spirit for without the blood there is no Life. [the dead meat of that cow is digested and the good parts as the body discerns good become living parts of our carnal body.]
Eating the flesh of Jesus can simply be reading the scriptures. Drinking his blood can simply be taking in the Holy Spirit to provide Life to the consumed scriptures.

I disagree.

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." John 6:53

Yep.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you call the breath of God a "ghost". Do you even understand what the set-apart breath is?
Must I know all of the detailed Greek or Hebrew or Aramaic words to be properly led by the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit or Holy Breath of God?

I was simply quoting the Bible I read. You also should not jump to conclusions.

I am not a student of the original languages, but I have not always simply ignored them. If a person must be an expert in the original languages in which the scriptures were written to please and understand God we are all in a lot of trouble, aren't we?

We must go with what we have and trust God through the Holy Spirit [Ghost, Breath, etc.]to direct us to truth.

Ghost = Spirit according to the Bibles I read. Breath is translated differently and has different words in the ancient languages, but is it really different? Are we lost to a devil's hell without detailed understanding of these things?

"Mas el Consolador, el Espíritu Santo, a quien el Padre enviará en mi nombre, Él os enseñará todas las cosas, y os recordará todo lo que yo os he dicho."
John 14: 26 [from Spanish Reina Valera Bible]

"Aber der Tröster, der Heilige Geist, welchen mein Vater senden wird in meinem Namen, der wird euch alles lehren und euch erinnern alles des, das ich euch gesagt habe."
John 14:26 [from Luther Bible]

Espíritu Santo from the Spanish Reina Valera Bible has the same origin as the English Holy Spirit both probably derived from the Latin

Heilige Geist from the Luther Bible has the same origin as the English Holy Ghost both having a Germanic language origin.

The two English words (Spirit and Ghost) would like have meant the same thing early in the development of language but as we may see today they have slightly or extremely different meanings at times as people now use them and understand them. That doesn't concern me much except when it causes communication problems.

I guess that I could do the same thing with Gen 2:7, Psalm 51:11 and other verses but what good would that do for me or for you or for anyone reading this thread? Breath of God is the Holy Spirit of God in spite of word origin differences. It is the Spirit or the Breath of God that gives real Life. Can you or the best expert in Bible languages convince anyone of the truth without the Holy Spirit? Can you or anyone be convinced of the truth without the Holy Spirit or Breath?

“Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.” I Cor 3:5-7

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CoreIssue
I would guess that we are finished here then based on your post #73.

May God richly bless you as you walk with Him!
Give God the glory!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Must I know all of the detailed Greek or Hebrew or Aramaic words to be properly led by the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit or Holy Breath of God?

I am not a student of the original languages, but I have not always simply ignored them. If a person must be an expert in the original languages in which the scriptures were written to please and understand God we are all in a lot of trouble, aren't we?

We must go with what we have and trust God through the Holy Spirit [Ghost, Breath, etc.]to direct us to truth.

Ghost = Spirit according to the Bibles I read. Breath is translated differently and has different words in the ancient languages, but is it really different? Are we lost to a devil's hell without detailed understanding of these things?

"Mas el Consolador, el Espíritu Santo, a quien el Padre enviará en mi nombre, Él os enseñará todas las cosas, y os recordará todo lo que yo os he dicho."

"Aber der Tröster, der Heilige Geist, welchen mein Vater senden wird in meinem Namen, der wird euch alles lehren und euch erinnern alles des, das ich euch gesagt habe."

Espíritu Santo from the Spanish Reina Valera Bible has the same origin as the English Holy Spirit both probably derived from the Latin

Heilige Geist from the Luther Bible has the same origin as the English Holy Ghost both having a Germanic language origin.

The two English words (Spirit and Ghost) would like have meant the same thing early in the development of language but as we may see today they have slightly or extremely different meanings at times as people now use them and understand them. That doesn't concern me much except when it causes communication problems.

I guess that I could do the same thing with Gen 2:7, Psalm 51:11 and other verses but what good would that do for me or for you or for anyone reading this thread? Breath of God is the Holy Spirit of God in spite of word origin differences. It is the Spirit or the Breath of God that gives real Life. Can you or the best expert in Bible languages convince anyone of the truth without the Holy Spirit? Can you or anyone be convinced of the truth without the Holy Spirit or Breath?

“Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.” I Cor 3:5-7
Now you don't have to be an expert in Greek are Hebrew. Use an inter linear bible as needed.

As well, get the word definitions. Using a bible that is not a translation, but a compilation of previous bibles written by such as a catholic church, is not wise. Especially when an archaic English that we do not use.

It is an issue of being wise in our choices.

Some plant, some water and some harvest. I'd guess being raised on a farm gives me more depth of understanding and those who were not. Same on the issue of grafting.

I do not understand why you have a problem with seeking deeper understanding or those who do so.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you don't have to be an expert in Greek are Hebrew. Use an inter linear bible as needed.
I am reminded on an illiterate follower of Christ I met once who loved the Lord sincerely but was unable to read the Bible in his own language.
As well, get the word definitions. Using a bible that is not a translation, but a compilation of previous bibles written by such as a catholic church, is not wise. Especially when an archaic English that we do not use.
Do you lean too much on the power of the brain to understand the things of God?The brain is one of those excellent gifts gave to us, but depending too much on it will cause problems for us.

Even a poor Bible translation can yield good fruit in a person who is led by the Holy Spirit.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Prov 3:5-6

It is an issue of being wise in our choices.
Directing our own way too much is not wisdom, is it?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

Some plant, some water and some harvest. I'd guess being raised on a farm gives me more depth of understanding and those who were not. Same on the issue of grafting.

I do not understand why you have a problem with seeking deeper understanding or those who do so.
I do not have a problem with seeking deeper understanding as God directs. Rather I lean heavily on the Lord in my daily talks with Him in and through the written scriptures. From there He directs me when I am paying attention. We'll never get deeper understanding of the things of God by study alone. We really need to understand that. It's is not in the mind but in the heart.

In school or on the secular job is one thing. With God it is quite another.

I also went to college and learned many things, which when I came to God I had to unlearn. Similarly I learned things on the job that were very useful on that job, but they got in God's way when after I met Him.

Education is good in the world of men, but when walking with God, while He may and indeed does at times use our education, sometimes we use it to shut Him out. It teaches us to quench the Holy Spirit which is the worst thing perhaps that men do.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am reminded on an illiterate follower of Christ I met once who loved the Lord sincerely but was unable to read the Bible in his own language.

Do you lean too much on the power of the brain to understand the things of God?The brain is one of those excellent gifts gave to us, but depending too much on it will cause problems for us.

Even a poor Bible translation can yield good fruit in a person who is led by the Holy Spirit.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Prov 3:5-6

Directing our own way too much is not wisdom, is it?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

I do not have a problem with seeking deeper understanding as God directs. Rather I lean heavily on the Lord in my daily talks with Him in and through the written scriptures. From there He directs me when I am paying attention. We'll never get deeper understanding of the things of God by study alone. We really need to understand that. It's is not in the mind but in the heart.

In school or on the secular job is one thing. With God it is quite another.

I also went to college and learned many things, which when I came to God I had to unlearn. Similarly I learned things on the job that were very useful on that job, but they got in God's way when after I met Him.

Education is good in the world of men, but when walking with God, while He may and indeed does at times use our education, sometimes we use it to shut Him out. It teaches us to quench the Holy Spirit which is the worst thing perhaps that men do.
Some of the most spiritually secure people with wisdom that I have met cannot even read. I admired them.

But that isn't the issue here. We are talking about debate, teaching and correction of others. They'd never presumed to lecture others in these areas.

You have never heard me say sanctification comes by study alone.

As well, God makes it clear he is not going to spoon feed you everything you need to know.

Being one who has gifts of the Holy Spirit, not as a Pentecostals teach, I understand how it works. I listen to the Holy Spirit and study, just as the Bible teaches me to do.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of the most spiritually secure people with wisdom that I have met cannot even read. I admired them.

But that isn't the issue here. We are talking about debate, teaching and correction of others. They'd never presumed to lecture others in these areas.

You have never heard me say sanctification comes by study alone.

As well, God makes it clear he is not going to spoon feed you everything you need to know.

Being one who has gifts of the Holy Spirit, not as a Pentecostals teach, I understand how it works. I listen to the Holy Spirit and study, just as the Bible teaches me to do.
I am very glad to hear that you are comfortable with where you are and understand how things work. Of course I learned my beginnings beyond Catholicism with Pentecostals so that may put us at odds on some things, but God understands all things, doesn't He?

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The modern definition of "spirit" no longer means what the original Greek and Hebrews words mean for "pneuma" and "ruach", which today has a similar definition as "ghost", which is incorrect. The original words meant breath, wind, airflow. So again I ask, since you've taken it upon yourself to use the term "holy ghost", what is the set-apart airflow? What exactly is he? If you answer me, then I will know that you know. It only takes one sentence and one scripture to explain his identity, which most do not know and are quick to say, "oh I have the holy spirit", when they obviously don't. They are clueless and do not understand.