The Original 360 Day Calendar of the Torah, New Moons, and the True Appointed Times of Festivals

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The MEASUREMENT of time started on day 4. Time began with the first day of creation. The Year of Man (Anno Hominis) started on day 6, and provides the most accurate Bible chronology.

The six days of creation are embedded in the Ten Commandments:
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. (Exodus 20:11)
yes, I agree and I meant the measurement of time...surely you could see that from my previous post. but thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Reactions: Enoch111

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm not sure myself. That's a valid point about God altering the times to confuse the calendar of man. I know that regardless of what motions there are (e.g. 360 vs 365.2422 and 30 days vs 29.530588), God has a calendar and way to reckon time. Man has his way of interpreting God's calendar and needless to say all sorts of theories I read about on several forums or out on the Internet. But regardless of what has (or hasn't) happened, is it fair to say that the day begins at sundown and the month at the first visible crescent of the moon? At least I find that straightforward and scriptural yet it's amazing how many interpretations mankind has come up with something that precise and simple. What I am saying is that this system does not really require calculation, but observation.... thus, it matters not if there's 365.2422 days in a year or an even 360 or 29.530588 or 30 days to a synodic period. There's still a sundown, and the moon still orbits. I have a hunch that if movement did change, it was before the Exodus as the Lord stated this was the beginning of months, thus correcting the Earth's revolution difference and lunar motion with the agricultural cycle. When the barley was at a certain stage, the year began. Again, if we had a 360 day year and 30 day lunar month, there would be no need for leap months. But with the present system, we need them but observational leap months are various. If the barley came out 12 months later, there would not be a leap month. In other words, what I am saying is that the observational system would work for both but because of the crazy numbers for the orbit and lunation, the observational system would require that extra month. It's a "fit" and "solution" to both ways. So no matter what we have, it requires simple obedience to observing the heavens as giant clock hands for the times and seasons.

It is simple. With simple observation we can know the times. Just look for the crescent moon to know the start of the month, and look at the state of barley to see when spring has arrived.

Reactions: liafailrock

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps my last post was ignored because people did not get the gist of what I had posted.

Yes God did create the heavens and the earth in six days and yes that is what is recorded in Exodus 20:11 but is the English translation conveying the truth of the matter when we consider that for God: -

2 Peter 3:8: - 8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.​

In my previous post I demonstrated that the Hebrew text clearly indicates that the days of creation were totally different from the days that God created for mankind on the fourth day of creation. The first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth "day" of the generations of creation is very different from "the day" God created on the fourth day of creation for mankind to know the years seasons and "days" by.

Genesis 2:1-5: 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their hosts. 2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

4 This is the generations/[account] of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven.

The question that should be asked is how important is the time element of creation in our relationship with God? We either believe that it was good as stated by God or we do not.

From scripture, we know that Satan fractured man's relationship with God and caused creation to groan in despair, but the rest of the Bible tells of God's plan to draw man to return to righteousness and a renewed earth that God will show all of mankind, a place of righteous in which to once again dwell with God.

Shalom

Reactions: Heart2Soul

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, i am stating that a 5k year old earth would not have had enough time to slow down from 360 to 365 day years

Whether one wants to agree with the OP or not, it still pays to read their pov. The premise for the 360 day year according to the study was not based on rotational differences of the earth but orbital around the sun. To debate the rotational drag over the millennium when that's not the issue is like debating about taking your neighbor's so-called dog to a dog show when they have a cat. I asked if the orbital eccentricity (i.e. ellipse vs circular) changed in which they did not know, but the axial tilt was still there to form the seasons. Being into this stuff myself, I do know that a circular orbit would still make an analemma with the sun, so there would still be clock corrections based on sundial time. However, the analemma would be a nice figure 8 instead of a lopsided one. The days would average 24 hours about an even variation. The same can be said of the moon as it would still vary somewhat due to the geometry and not orbital variability. That's why I asked if it would have still had the 5 degree inclination.

When considering the position of celestial bodies and thus times, there are two main factors. One is the motion variability (vs a constant movement like a clock) and the other involves geometry, namely, spherical trigonometry. If time is measured relative to the rotational motion of the earth but the movement of the celestial bodies is skewed relative to our pole/equator's movement, then the movement as measured by our pole/equator (as with a clock) is not uniform even if the bodies themselves moved in a perfectly circular and synchronous orbit like a clock. An excellent example would be a geo-synchronous satellite. They only stay in "one spot" if over the equator. If the orbit is skewed say, 30 degrees, here at 40 N latitude it would bob up and down on the southern meridian in a figure 8 fashion.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
then the movement as measured by our pole/equator (as with a clock) is not uniform even if the bodies themselves moved in a perfectly circular and synchronous orbit like a clock.
the movement is not uniform from a certain perspective, sure, but the timing is; as you are even saying, these are essentially just clocks that we can compare to other clocks to get a pretty high degree of confidence in the correction needed

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Physics and the conservation of energy declare, that as the climate changes by a measured increase in its bulk temperature, it will result in the earth's rotational duration increasing as the melting polar water shifts to the equator. Then as the earth goes into a cooling cycle the water will collect once more at the poles and the duration of the earth's rotation will speed up once more.

Now, water is the mechanism by which the complexity of the earth is stabilised and dampened such that the variation of temperature and time are maintained within reasonable limits for human life to exist within and survive.

Should we not be thankful to God for having the foreknowledge to be able to establish a stable creation for man to live within.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Posting links from your Google search engine is more than likely done in vain where many of us are concerned. I don't take the time to click on them and read them....now if you want to present something significant from it and then provide the link as your source for those interested in reading the whole article that would probably be received and replied to than what you are doing.....we all can web surf.

Reactions: amadeus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Posting links from your Google search engine is more than likely done in vain where many of us are concerned. I don't take the time to click on them and read them....now if you want to present something significant from it and then provide the link as your source for those interested in reading the whole article that would probably be received and replied to than what you are doing.....we all can web surf.
Wow, if you're not interested in clicking the link barely scim reading, you're not really not interested in the truth.

I have dealt with fact sources working naval intelligence, as a councilman, as a mayor, as a state arbitrator, in religious debates for 20 plus years and teaching. So who are you to tell me how to handle material?

By the way, I don't use Google. Too privacy invasive.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, if you're not interested in clicking the link barely scim reading, you're not really not interested in the truth.

I have dealt with fact sources working naval intelligence, as a councilman, as a mayor, as a state arbitrator, in religious debates for 20 plus years and teaching. So who are you to tell me how to handle material?
Why are you so easily offended? I was giving you some pointers on getting others attention to your topic discussion.....but do what you want....don't care.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But she is right in spite of your experience. It is very rare for me to open a link like that. It is not a only a matter of disinterest, but also of time and of priority. For example do we have the time to search for and study the doctrine of the 40,000 denominations to determine which ones are right and which one to join? Should we try?

On your jobs where you had to deal with a lot of material that was you. Most people have insufficient time, or interest or need to delve into every bit of potentially pertinent information. There is too much.

For those who are interested in reading things of biblical or spiritual interest they still must minimize because there is much more available than any one person could read and understand in a lifetime. Best to stick the Bible and then go to references when led to do so by … perhaps the Holy Ghost?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you so easily offended? I was giving you some pointers on getting others attention to your topic discussion.....but do what you want....don't care.

I wasn't offended. I was simply pointing out how far off base what you said was. And that you refuse to lookup proofs someone gives you because you don't like how they did it.

The point was the absurdity of you thinking you are qualified to give me pointers.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't offended. I was simply pointing out how far off base what you said was. And that you refuse to lookup proofs someone gives you because you don't like how they did it.

The point was the absurdity of you thinking you are qualified to give me pointers.
:rolleyes:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But she is right in spite of your experience. It is very rare for me to open a link like that. It is not a only a matter of disinterest, but also of time and of priority. For example do we have the time to search for and study the doctrine of the 40,000 denominations to determine which ones are right and which one to join? Should we try?

On your jobs where you had to deal with a lot of material that was you. Most people have insufficient time, or interest or need to delve into every bit of potentially pertinent information. There is too much.

For those who are interested in reading things of biblical or spiritual interest they still must minimize because there is much more available than any one person could read and understand in a lifetime. Best to stick the Bible and then go to references when led to do so by … perhaps the Holy Ghost?
But if you to look in the link I have seen people type posts that are longer.

What you're saying is people will not read the bible because it has too many words in it.

On many topics you have to quote multiple verses, word definitions, historical facts, etc to actually get a correct answer. When they're already collected in a link why should I copy the contents as a post?

Those who do not have the time or interest should wait until they can do it right.

On my jobs a big lesson was you have to get the correct information to arrive at the correct answer. Otherwise you make decisions that hurt, damage or cost people their lives that.

Same here on a spiritual level.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you to look in the link I have seen people type posts that are longer.

What you're saying is people will not read the bible because it has too many words in it.

On many topics you have to quote multiple verses, word definitions, historical facts, etc to actually get a correct answer. When they're already collected in a link why should I copy the contents as a post?

Those who do not have the time or interest should wait until they can do it right.

On my jobs a big lesson was you have to get the correct information to arrive at the correct answer. Otherwise you make decisions that hurt, damage or cost people their lives that.

Same here on a spiritual level.

Well now I understand why you make so many ill-informed posts about things....you use the internet....try the Bible.
As far as what Amadeus was saying about researching....just because you posted the link claiming it is "correct"....well it doesn't work like that.....I may go to your link but I am going to also research the author of it and compare it with scripture....time consuming.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pretty much stopped responding to your posts because you get so many things wrong.

You're definitely the wrong person to lecture others about getting things correct.

What is your background to challenge my experience in this arena?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pretty much stopped responding to your posts because you get so many things wrong.

You're definitely the wrong person to lecture others about getting things correct.

What is your background to challenge my experience in this arena?
Why can't I challenge? We challenge each other all the time here....but having 20 years experience on forums and teaching you would know that.