The past and future do not exist, the eternal now is all there is.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Ye shall know them by their fruits.
Hugs
That's a bible verse, and other verses clearly say that Heaven is a separate place to Earth, yet you said:

"Some believe that heaven and hell are seperate from the existence we live in. I'm not one of them.
I believe we experience heaven and hell during our lifetime here and now."

so as I suggested you're a "Pick n Mix" "Christian" choosing the bits you like.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't ask such a question

I simply suggested that you have your own flavour of religion
I don't have a religion. I have a relationship.

What does the Kingdom of God look like?
Many believe it looks like David's kingdom or Solomon's Temple.
The Bible is a book of imagery. It interprets itself in a fashion we can understand on an earthly level.
I don't see it this way.

Here is my flavour, or how I taste God's Truth.

The Kingdom of God is built upon stones, such as the meek, the humble, the peacemakers, see the sermon on the Mount.
Within this Kingdom are all the attributes of God. Love, Joy, Peace, Mercy, Goodness, Righteous Judgment, Truth, and so much more.
You can't see it with your eyes, but you are translated into this Kingdom when you are born again.
The Kingdom of God is within you.

You claim that there is only here and now. And in a spiritual sense this is true.
In the world, we travel through time and experience material things.
There is yesterday, today, and tomorrow. But in God's Kingdom, there is only Today. All the time.
When we are born again of the spirit, we still must live in the world and partake of it's limitations, but when we walk in the Spirit, we are not limited by material things.

We are to BE the Kingdom of God, we dwell in His Kingdom, His Spirit. And God's Spirit is not something you can handle with your hands.
You can experience it with your heart and in your mind.

1Pe 2:5
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
These spiritual sacrifices that we offer are prayers, hopes, confessions, putting others before ourselves.. etc.

When Jesus' disciples aked him concerning the Kingdom of God, Jesus didn't say it was constructed with things we relate as a kingdom.
He didn't mention how many windows and doors, or streets of gold.
What he did talk about was the character of the Kingdom.
The Kingdom of God is as ..... There are many.

Rom 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
1Co 4:20
For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
Luk 13:18
Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?
Luk 13:19
It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Like a grain of mustard seed, doesn't really fit the image of something like Solomon's Temple does it?
It is about the character of the seed.
The seed is sown and it bears shade, or comfort from the heat, which we sit under the branches of it.
It is like finding a cup of cold water in a hot desert. It is compassion, consolation, mercy...
And the seed is the Word of God that is sown in our hearts and minds.
Heaven and hell to me isn't a particular place, it's a state of being.

When you are in the Kingdom of God, You are walking IN the Spirit of God.
And when you walk IN the Spirit of God, you are as a tree planted by still waters, which bares much fruit.
And this is the Fruit that you bare when you walk IN it.
Gal 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Consider the characteristics of the Kingdom of God in Romans chapter 14:17 and the Fruit of that Kingdom in Gal 5:22.
The Kingdom and Spirit of God are one.

We are also told that while we are walking in the Spirit, in the Kingdom of God, we will come under attack by the world around us.
We are told to put on the armour of God. The image in your mind draws a picture of a soldier.
But the weapons and defence are not like any soldier on the earth.
They are your character. Which aligns with God's character.

Eph 6:10
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
IN the Lord, IN the power of his might.
Prepare for battle: Put on this Armour.
Eph 6:11
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Every piece of this armour is made out of the very same substance of which the Kingdom of God is.

Jhn 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

This is the flavour of the Kingdom of God in which I reside IN.
It is not a "religion" , it is a very personal relationship which connects the Spirit in me, with the Spirit in Him. And in this Spirit we reside in the very Kingdom of which it's substance is.

Jhn 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Rev 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I can show you, but I can't make you see.
Hugs

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have a religion. I have a relationship.

Ok so presumably you distinguish between the followers of the religion that is Christianity (aka Christians) and the collective of people who like to call themselves "Christians" on the basis they are followers of Christ but don't follow any specific doctrine or don't follow the doctrine peddled by churches?

What is your view then of the religion that is Christianity? Do you think it's wrong, gone astray, misleading people, unnecessary?

Jhn 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Rev 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I can show you, but I can't make you see.
Hugs
You don't need to try and witness to me. I am not the unbeliever or lost soul or potential Christian you think I am. :)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your view then of the religion that is Christianity? Do you think it's wrong, gone astray, misleading people, unnecessary?
Mar 4:13
And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
Mar 4:14
The sower soweth the word.
Mar 4:15
And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
Mar 4:16
And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
Mar 4:17
And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.
Mar 4:18
And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
Mar 4:19
And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
Mar 4:20
And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

My view is limited by what I can see and what I have witnessed in my lifetime.
I see people who believe they truly are christians but they/we are on different levels of undertsanding on this narrow path to life.

There are those who are christians who are by the wayside. They take in everything they hear as the gospel trurh without really digging and they are in a state of confusion because this denomination teaches this way and another that way, and they don't really know what it is they believe. They want to be good, they want to follow the Lord but they are afraid to take that leap of faith.
They see what they want to see and it's usually mixed with both a Spiritual world and an Earthly world. They are stuck in the middle.

There are those christians who are stony. They hear the Gospel and they believe whole heartedly that the way they heard it is the only way.
They won't grow, they won't move forward to learn all there is to learn concerning God and his Kingdom.
And when they try to, they are told that they should stay right where they are. Believe what we have told you or go somewhere else.
And they are fearful that they will lose their place in the community, their friends, their church because they want to see things differently, deeper, but believe they have to stay where they are and not trouble the waters, not rock the boat.
They have no confidence in themselves, but rather those who are teaching them around them, and not the source itself.

There are those christians who are among thorns. These thorns are people in that church or denomination that put their cares on what other people think of them. These thorns are those in the church that gossip about you, that judge you by your looks or the way you live your life. So you try to conform to what pleases them so you won't be made a spectacle in the church. The Lord is calling the to go this way, but they are afraid to come out from among them. They are stuck in the brambles. Whether it be your family

There are those on good ground, and they forsake everything they have heard from other people, and they branch out on their own adventure seeking truth. They're not concerned about how the world sees them or whether they are accepted by the worlds, standards.
And they seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness. And go wherever His Spirit leads them.
And when they focus solely on the Lord and His Spirit, your life begins to change. Not as the world sees change. I am not wealthy, I am not very healthy, I don't have a large family, I have a couple aqauintences that help me with yardwork. I am not educated as the world counts educated. But the spirit in me is rich. I have more patience, more kindness, thankfulness... things I missed before.
A sense of calmness and peace even when things get crazy. Even though all of these characteristics get tried daily.
And the more you are tried, the stronger these charateristics become if you put the full weight of them on the Lord. He helps you carry the burdens. And knowing you have someone 24/7/365 to call on and talk about the good things and the bad things and everything in between is much easier than trying to tackle the world alone.

Christianity is a living, growing way of life. Not all will remain by the wayside, not all will remain on stony ground, not all remain among the thorns, and not all remain on good ground...sad to say for the last.
What it does take is a change of heart, a repentance from doing things or believing things the way you did before.

And we all are put to the test, we all are tried.
I have been in all of these conditions, and leaving each one behind is a new step forward. It's not easy. But it is necessary,

Christianity today in all it's forms and denominations, have to start taking that step forward.
Until then.. we are on a learning curve. Not one denomoniation vs denomination. It's more personal. One individual heart at a time.
Rev 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5
For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

This is not only global or universal, it is also private and personal.
For ALL have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.
What is God's Glory? It's his very character that we should attain to.

Hugs.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Ah the parables.

For me, many of the parables are actually outlining the processes of alchemy and the Great Work. This is the secret knowledge that Jesus gave to his disciples.

Matt 13:11
"And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: 12That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them"

In other words the great secret of alchemy, immortality was kept hidden from the masses by giving allegorical parables about it. The parables (many of them anyway) describe the key processes of alchemy (separation, decomposition, multiplication etc) but the knowledge is hidden in plain sight, visible only to those with eyes to see, ears to hear. In many ways it's pointless me telling people this because they still won't see it until and unless they become versed in the cryptic language of alchemy. They will continue taking the defacto interpretation of the parables as peddled by the church. The church will never tell them the true meaning likely because they don't know themselves and are just passing down the same incorrect interpretation down the generations.

I didn't know myself until I gained the eyes to see and ears to hear around 2010. At that point everything changed. The Bible transformed from a book full of errors and contradictions to being a cryptic crossword book full of secrets to be deciphered.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah Parables, Proverbs, and Prophecies. My Favorites.
That's why I always carry my pick and shovel. I love looking for buried treasure.
:D
Hugs

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Proverbs 3:13-20:
Happy is the man that findeth "wisdom", and the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is
better than the merchandise of
silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou
canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. Her ways are
ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a
tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that
retaineth her. The LORD by wisdom hath founded the
earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens. By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.

Reactions: Ziggy

brendagray

May 4, 2023
Atlanta
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
I think it's an interesting concept that the past and future do not exist and that the only reality is the present moment. As human beings, we often find ourselves dwelling on the past or worrying about the future, which can cause us to miss out on the beauty and opportunities of the present moment.

In the Christian faith, there is a sense of timelessness and eternal presence that is often emphasized, particularly in the idea of God's eternal nature. I think that this can be a comforting thought, as it suggests that God is always present with us, no matter what time or place we find ourselves in.

However, I also believe that our past experiences and future aspirations play an important role in shaping who we are and guiding us towards our goals. While it's important not to get too caught up in the past or future, I think that reflecting on our experiences and setting goals for ourselves can be a valuable part of personal growth and development.

Ultimately, I think that finding a balance between being present in the moment and reflecting on the past and future is key to living a fulfilling and meaningful life. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this topic and encouraging us to reflect on the nature of time and existence.

FlySwatter

Apr 28, 2023
Somewhere
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's an interesting concept that the past and future do not exist and that the only reality is the present moment.

An interesting concept but not one you believe going by your post there.

I think the thread topic is far deeper than people realise.

For example if indeed there is no past and no future, then what exactly is it we are thinking is the past? It would surely mean that our brains are receiving implanted memories and that would have to be a constant stream of changing memory implants. Thus all the things you THINK you've done in the past would be artificial memories, not real at all. It's a mind bending thing to consider and actually posting about it on a forum is even weirder!

The incredible and brilliant film "The Matrix" explored the notion that humans are actually imprisoned in tanks, completely unaware
of it, and their brains, being plugged into an artificial computer generated world (the Matrix) make them believe they are walking and talking and conducting a normal human life. This film ranks in my top 3 all time best films because of it's deep concepts. It suggests that what we think is life, is in fact just a computer generated dream. In the film however it is possible to wake up from that dream, to get unplugged from that computer input, but doing so leaves you in that awful reality, waking inside the cocoon in which you've been haplessly living for years, your muscles all atrophied (because they've never been used), your eyes strained (again because they've never been used) and the world around you an alien environment and a dangerous one as you now have to escape and evade the clutches of the beings that had previously imprisoned you and your mind. It's a must watch.