The past and future do not exist, the eternal now is all there is.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
These are merely words, not truth, their only purpose is to point to.

When you think about it, the now is God because the now is not a moment in time. Everything that has happened or will happen, takes place in the now. When you make plans for the future, you are making those plans now. The future never comes as “hey I am the future”, it comes as right now. This is why the abrahamic religions, especially Christianity fall in the face of this. There is no heaven to get to because there is no future, same goes for hell. At best heaven and hell are metaphors.

Location-wise, it is always “here”. There is only one consciousness that is just “here-now”. As such, there are no humans, no animals, no buildings, no planets. There is just what is and what is, is beyond all labels and descriptions.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose a person could think about all this while driving their car and then be hit by another car.

Their undamaged car is a symbol of the past, which no longer exists in the present.

Their future will involve interaction with the other driver and insurance companies. (police, towing company)

If their car is undrivable, their future will involve finding reliable transportation.

More than mere words?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why the abrahamic religions, especially Christianity fall in the face of this. There is no heaven to get to because there is no future, same goes for hell. At best heaven and hell are metaphors.
This doesn't apply to other religions? Why?
Why ONLY Abrahamic religions?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the now, I plant a field of grain with the HOPE of it manifesting at some point later.
At some point, later will be now. But now I want to make some bread and eat it.
My HOPE is that I will eat bread sometime in the future.
Now I sit at the table and eat bread, thankful that I planted grain at some point in the past.
You can't get here from there without passing through time.

All you have at any given time to plan is today, in the HOPE that tomorrow it will be manifested.

Rom 8:24
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25
But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Do you have any hope?
or are you hopeless?

Only God is ever in the now. But his span of NOW is eternal. It encompasses all. Past present and future.
Omnipresent I believe the word is.

Time is one of those mysteries that a lot of people like to contemplate on.
The sun rises and the sun sets and time passes between.
But we only experience the sunrise or the sunset while we're standing in it.

You remember something now that was recorded in the past. Without the past there would be no rememberance.
The thing that you remember isn't in the now. That experience has passed and been recorded in your memory.
The purpose for the past is to remind us now what we should or should not do in the future.
Time is a teacher.
You don't graduate from highschool without first passing through elementary and secondary school.
But all that you learn in the now of elementary is carried forth into now when you eneter secondary.
Which is added to the now when you graduate highschool.

But you won't graduate highschool from elementary without a measure of hope that you will reach that destination in the now.
You only experience Now because you are presently standing in it. But with hope or dread you can picture in your mind what may be in the future.
Expectations.

Now is Today.
Heb 4:7
Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

You may not have a tomorrow.

Have hope.
It will give you something to look forward to.

Hugs

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I suppose a person could think about all this while driving their car and then be hit by another car.

Their undamaged car is a symbol of the past, which no longer exists in the present.

Their future will involve interaction with the other driver and insurance companies. (police, towing company)

If their car is undrivable, their future will involve finding reliable transportation.

More than mere words?
The past and future and human constructs, products of how the mind filters the eternal now. It is impossible to go into the past and the future.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
In the now, I plant a field of grain with the HOPE of it manifesting at some point later.
At some point, later will be now. But now I want to make some bread and eat it.
My HOPE is that I will eat bread sometime in the future.
Now I sit at the table and eat bread, thankful that I planted grain at some point in the past.
You can't get here from there without passing through time.

All you have at any given time to plan is today, in the HOPE that tomorrow it will be manifested.

Rom 8:24
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25
But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Do you have any hope?
or are you hopeless?

Only God is ever in the now. But his span of NOW is eternal. It encompasses all. Past present and future.
Omnipresent I believe the word is.

Time is one of those mysteries that a lot of people like to contemplate on.
The sun rises and the sun sets and time passes between.
But we only experience the sunrise or the sunset while we're standing in it.

You remember something now that was recorded in the past. Without the past there would be no rememberance.
The thing that you remember isn't in the now. That experience has passed and been recorded in your memory.
The purpose for the past is to remind us now what we should or should not do in the future.
Time is a teacher.
You don't graduate from highschool without first passing through elementary and secondary school.
But all that you learn in the now of elementary is carried forth into now when you eneter secondary.
Which is added to the now when you graduate highschool.

But you won't graduate highschool from elementary without a measure of hope that you will reach that destination in the now.
You only experience Now because you are presently standing in it. But with hope or dread you can picture in your mind what may be in the future.
Expectations.

Now is Today.
Heb 4:7
Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

You may not have a tomorrow.

Have hope.
It will give you something to look forward to.

Hugs
“Hope” is a funny thing. Hope too much, and you could be using it as an escape to your current situation. Not hope for anything, and you’re considered to be a hopeless, depressed, person.
All your power lies in the now. Sitting around hoping this, hoping that is more often than not an excuse for not doing what it takes right now.

Expectations are also a slippery slope. The only thing that should be expected, is the unexpected. Far too often our expectations let us down.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything that has happened or will happen, takes place in the now.
Here, an absolute orientation does not apply. Only a relative orientation has meaning.
The past and future and human constructs,
Absolutely not! Time is a function of motion, which exists independent of man. Just because man is metaphysically aware of time does not mean it is a human construct.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The future never comes as “hey I am the future”, it comes as right now. This is why the abrahamic religions, especially Christianity fall in the face of this.

5 things for you to consider.

1.) Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow is not promised to you, . is a bible verse. Find it in James 4

2.) Death, yours, is not the end of you. The Grave is not the end. DEATH is just a door that leads to where you are going next, after you leave your body.

3.) if you are not prepared to meet your God, you will not enjoy what happens right after you DIE.

4.) Jesus died on the Cross for your sin, so that you can be prepared to me God Almighty.

5.) Believe in Jesus, today, so that Death only leads to a good ETERNAL end result for you, Romanov2488

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Here, an absolute orientation does not apply. Only a relative orientation has meaning.

Absolutely not! Time is a function of motion, which exists independent of man. Just because man is metaphysically aware of time does not mean it is a human construct.
Time is a concept that was taught to you. Even Einstein has said time is an illusion.

Time belongs to the world of ego that thrives on comparison, measurement.

Psychological suffering also cannot exist without time. It needs time.

Last edited:

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
5 things for you to consider.

1.) Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow is not promised to you, . is a bible verse. Find it in James 4

2.) Death, yours, is not the end of you. The Grave is not the end. DEATH is just a door that leads to where you are going next, after you leave your body.

3.) if you are not prepared to meet your God, you will not enjoy what happens right after you DIE.

4.) Jesus died on the Cross for your sin, so that you can be prepared to me God Almighty.

5.) Believe in Jesus, today, so that Death only leads to a good ETERNAL end result for you, Romanov2488
The now is already eternal. Whether I’m on earth or in some heaven or hell, it still right “now”.

Birth & death are illusions.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you be in two places at the same time? or more..
If there is only now, then what is happening in the past and in the future is happening simultameously in the now.
Reminds me of Back to the future.
Then we have dimensions. We could be living in many levels at the same time. De ja vue.
I suppose everyone gets to choose whatever reality appeals to them.
It's the Truth that matters though.
And your life is proof of that Truth.
Apparently we can only be aware of being active in one place at a time. And being conscience of that one place.
And if you have Faith in God then you at least have a destination to move towards.
Sounds to me like your stuck in a rut.
Hugs

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Can you be in two places at the same time? or more..
If there is only now, then what is happening in the past and in the future is happening simultameously in the now.
Reminds me of Back to the future.
Then we have dimensions. We could be living in many levels at the same time. De ja vue.
I suppose everyone gets to choose whatever reality appeals to them.
It's the Truth that matters though.
And your life is proof of that Truth.
Apparently we can only be aware of being active in one place at a time. And being conscience of that one place.
And if you have Faith in God then you at least have a destination to move towards.
Sounds to me like your stuck in a rut.
Hugs
You can’t be in two places at the same time because places do not exist. They are concepts. The only place is “here”. It’s a placeless, place.

Have you ever been anywhere else but “here”?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we live in the Matrix.
Have I ever been anywhere but here?
I believe I was somewhere before I was what I know ais as here.
I also believe I will be somewhere else after I leave this manmade material construct as you call it.

We are spirits living in a material world. This mortal flesh is confined to time and decay. It's not just a concept, it's a law.
Everything around us is run by laws. It has structure. We are conscious of our existence in this place called time.
Purgatory comes to mind. Somewhere between where our consciouness originated and where it goes after we leave this mortal body.
Right now we are here.
During this time here depends on one's own interpretation of what here means to them.
I am here living in Maine just getting over a snowstorm. Typing on a keybourd with mortal fingers what my spirit in me is directing me to convey. This is my reality of here.
I agree that you are never not here at any time in your life span. Your consciousness is always ever presnt in the moment.

The moments are the train that shuttles your consciosness. Time is always moving. And here ia always moving with time.
But that doesn't cancel out memories or the ability to contemplate where that time may lead here to.
Our minds have the ability to move through time. Even though we are ever present in the here.
Time confines our mortal bodies but not our spirit, or our minds.

I think there are a lot of things we don't fully grasp. Because our minds also are made mortal. And as the brain which holds the mind decays and grows old, our minds can lose track of here, or back then or tomorrow. It slows down and it can't catch up to the train of time.

But even then you would only be here in that moment.
I guess the question is, what do you do with that moment of here you're in.
You can't get them back, and you can't steal them from the future.
The only here you have is right now.
So what are you going to do with it?
Hugs

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time is a concept that was taught to you. Even Einstein has said time is an illusion.
No. Time is an observable fact. Einstein did not say it was an illusion; he said time is not fixed but relative.

If you study astronomy, an interesting fact about Mercury is that its day is longer than its year. It revolves around the sun faster than it spins one rotation about it's axis.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So we live in the Matrix.
Have I ever been anywhere but here?
I believe I was somewhere before I was what I know ais as here.
I also believe I will be somewhere else after I leave this manmade material construct as you call it.

We are spirits living in a material world. This mortal flesh is confined to time and decay. It's not just a concept, it's a law.
Everything around us is run by laws. It has structure. We are conscious of our existence in this place called time.
Purgatory comes to mind. Somewhere between where our consciouness originated and where it goes after we leave this mortal body.
Right now we are here.
During this time here depends on one's own interpretation of what here means to them.
I am here living in Maine just getting over a snowstorm. Typing on a keybourd with mortal fingers what my spirit in me is directing me to convey. This is my reality of here.
I agree that you are never not here at any time in your life span. Your consciousness is always ever presnt in the moment.

The moments are the train that shuttles your consciosness. Time is always moving. And here ia always moving with time.
But that doesn't cancel out memories or the ability to contemplate where that time may lead here to.
Our minds have the ability to move through time. Even though we are ever present in the here.
Time confines our mortal bodies but not our spirit, or our minds.

I think there are a lot of things we don't fully grasp. Because our minds also are made mortal. And as the brain which holds the mind decays and grows old, our minds can lose track of here, or back then or tomorrow. It slows down and it can't catch up to the train of time.

But even then you would only be here in that moment.
I guess the question is, what do you do with that moment of here you're in.
You can't get them back, and you can't steal them from the future.
The only here you have is right now.
So what are you going to do with it?
Hugs
The matrix is just a good metaphor for how people become slaves of society. Whether you are in a material world or on some spiritual place, will it still not be “here”? Whether you are in Maine or Hawaii, your consciousness is always just “here”. Everything else is just an appearance we get caught up in like a child with a severe case of ADHD.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No. Time is an observable fact. Einstein did not say it was an illusion; he said time is not fixed but relative.

If you study astronomy, an interesting fact about Mercury is that its day is longer than its year. It revolves around the sun faster than it spins one rotation about it's axis.
No, Einstein also said time is an illusion. Also all appearances come and go within something. What part of your experience never changes?

1678212540847.jpeg

Last edited:

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When you think about it, the now is God because the now is not a moment in time. Everything that has happened or will happen, takes place in the now. When you make plans for the future, you are making those plans now. The future never comes as “hey I am the future”, it comes as right now. This is why the abrahamic religions, especially Christianity fall in the face of this. There is no heaven to get to because there is no future, same goes for hell. At best heaven and hell are metaphors.

Location-wise, it is always “here”. There is only one consciousness that is just “here-now”. As such, there are no humans, no animals, no buildings, no planets. There is just what is and what is, is beyond all labels and descriptions.
Even ghost encounters prove there's something after physical death.

Reactions: Wrangler

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The matrix is just a good metaphor for how people become slaves of society. Whether you are in a material world or on some spiritual place, will it still not be “here”? Whether you are in Maine or Hawaii, your consciousness is always just “here”. Everything else is just an appearance we get caught up in like a child with a severe case of ADHD.
I don't know after here where here will be. Two ways this can go. There is either no here here anymore, or there is another here somwhere in another time.
Whether I am here or you are there, we each have a unique experience. We don't share the same here. If that was the case we could read eachothers minds.
I know you like to keep things simple, but this is a very complicated world we live in.
Some rules make sense and others don't.
Nothing about Life is simple. Where does it come from? Does it have a purpose or is it just random?
If it's random why do so many people have it? What does it look like? You can't hold it in your hands.
You can't prevent it's coming or going.
But it is here. Now.
What do you believe these "appearances" are? Like shadows?
How is it that everyone can share the same images of these appearances?
What connects us?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The now is already eternal. Whether I’m on earth or in some heaven or hell, it still right “now”.

Birth & death are illusions.

Do you sell what you are smoking, or do you just share your pipe dreams online?

Listen up...
Have your parents passed away yet?
On that day, in both cases..... you wont think its an illusion then..as you'll have to deal with what you think is an "illusion". 2x.
And when your TIME comes to stop breathing, it'll be a fact you can't escape, just like God who is waiting for you on the other side.

And regarding einstein...

Have you noticed that you keep getting older?
That is AGE, and AGE proves that TIME exists., as you age....over time.