The People Who Actually Try To Say They Have "Seen The Glory of God."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word is very clear about what women and wives are to do. I did not write The Bible, but it is very easily the most effective material available to all women who would be healed of their compulsions. Such as earrings and hair fashion.

Regards.

True...as well as Gods Word is very clear about a mans role and husbands role.

God adorns the willing with Salvation...an inner adornment.

On the outside, a woman, wife, should adorn herself modestly for the world to SEE, her inner reflection, rather than fixated on the outer.

A Bride, Wife, does both. For her husband, a wife adorns her Inner self with Gods Salvation and outer self with jewels for her husbands eyes.
A Groom, Husband, does both, For his wife.

Isa 61;10
[10] I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Houston , tenemos un problema . Houston we have a problem ......
The churches are tanking fast . CLING TO JESUS AND OPEN AND READ THOSE BIBLES . Let us learn that JESUS well
and all sound biblical doctrine well . IF the early church did it , WE DO IT . IF JESUS said to do we do and if HE said not to do we do not DO .
If the apostles warned we warn . KEEP the original one true pattern faithful to the end . For many deceivers do abound and have led
many astray unto delusion and destruction and perdition at that end .
Everyone must read his post.

Excellent post.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ken Burns tells how the Catholics would pray for the native American Indians and they would be healed. I don't recall the Catholics ever being against the miraculous. Perhaps to a fault.
God heard my prayers too when I was a "stoner" Catholic in the 70's, but I was not practicing the gifts of the Spirit(since I had not been baptized with it yet).

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
time to throw away your little book that someone ‘sold you’ …

Do you have any idea that all your posts are actually in the spirit of ANTI-Christ?
When you speak about the ‘Holy things’ as glibly as you do here , you are speaking against God Himself .

have you no fear of Gods Holiness… when those who were jealous of Moses and Arron came against them …God saw “the strange fire” which was not His Holy fire…and he smote them dead.

be very careful of what you are saying…

Also Uzza thought that he was ‘helping God’ , when the oxen stumbled and he put out his hand to steady the Arc of God …
God smote him dead for touching the Holy Arc …

you are not helping-God , you are on dangerous ground …

Based upon my observations of Jared42's many threads on this forum and upon his answers and demeanor given in his replies - I have listed the fruit which I believe he has produced:

Highlighted below...

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance(discord), emulations(Jealousy), wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
And let's not forget "he that soweth discord among brethren" (Proverbs 6:19).

He has clearly shown the above highlighted against those that have gifts of the spirit and, as well as against individuals on this forum.

Now let's see if he has any fruit of the spirit...

Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

He has shown faith, but it is negative faith, believing in the fake more than the genuine.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it possible for any human to "end the gifts of the Holy Spirit?" They might deny and oppose the gifts, but God's Will still takes place. Start understanding the difference between action and observation. Today, all observations give that the state of modern Christendom is far from bring like that of the First Century Church, in spite of wishful thinking, mislabeled as "faith."
Easy.

Tell the mind/numb congregants to stay away from the Holy Ghost and they will.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Notice, only those that are exposed to it receive it.

They run from it, but we run at it.

Reactions: user

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Based upon my observations of his many threads on this forum and upon his answers and demeanor given in his replies - I have listed the fruit which I believe he has produced:

Highlighted below...

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance(discord), emulations(Jealousy), wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
And let's not forget "he that soweth discord among brethren" (Proverbs 6:19).

He has clearly shown the above highlighted against those that have gifts of the spirit and, as well as individuals on this forum.

Now let's see if he has any fruit of the spirit...

Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

He has shown faith, but it is negative faith, believing in the fake more than the genuine.
He is a classic example of a "mail thief" that has not been born again per Acts 2:38, yet rummages though the saints' mail(Epistles to the saints), trying to make it partially apply to his life in bits and pieces.

John Mc Arthur, Harrold Camping etc are others like him.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is a classic example of a "mail thief" that has not been born again per Acts 2:38, yet rummages though the saints' mail(Epistles to the saints), trying to make it partially apply to his life in bits and pieces.

John Mc Arthur, Harrold Camping etc are others like him.

He is clearly jealous and filled with hate against many.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is clearly jealous and filled with hate against many.
Sad.

He could be experiencing "joy unspeakable' now.

He traded it for "doubt regrettably miserable".

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easy.

Tell the mind/numb congregants to stay away from the Holy Ghost and they will.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Notice, only those that are exposed to it receive it.

They run from it, but we run at it.

He was with the AOG for 10 years and I suppose many around him were receiving gifts of the spirit, and he became bitter and angry for which himself never received.

Genesis 4:6-7 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was with the AOG for 10 years and I suppose many around him were receiving gifts of the spirit, and he became bitter and angry for which himself never received.

Genesis 4:6-7 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
And she named the boy Ichabod, saying, “The glory has departed from Israel,” because the ark of God had been taken...

That fella needs to obey Acts 2:38, not the AOG.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, these people are around.

When the Apostles and Prophets of Scripture underwent a valid vision, dream, or some sort of first hand experience of God's immediate presence, they made a faithful and accurate witness of what they saw, heard, and felt. And, their experienced served purposes intended by God.

Today, people who claim to have had such an experience of the Glory of God are one of two levels of authenticity:

1.) They are false. That is, they are deluded by a lying spirit, they are willfully fabricating a story, or they are exaggerating something strange they experienced in their mind. They try to call their imagination their "spee-ritt!"

2.) Or, they are brainwashed into expecting some sort of duplicate experience of an account in Scripture. This is what happens when a "Pentecostal" claims to have experienced "glory from God," but in fact they are unable to duplicate any part of Acts ch. 2. They just imagine they can in "faith." Often it is hidden in churchy sounding jargon.

Both of these kinds of claims 1.) and 2.) can be dismissed because the information contained in the accounts serve no material purpose in God's Kingdom. The whole thing is soon forgotten, because it is just a lot of emotional words.
Why do you insist on doxing yourself?
o_O

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In all honesty ( and I'm not defending or justifying Jared), his points in that answer are pretty solid and valid

"Today, people who claim to have had such an experience of the Glory of God are one of two levels of authenticity:

1.) They are false. That is, they are deluded by a lying spirit, they are willfully fabricating a story, or they are exaggerating something strange they experienced in their mind. They try to call their imagination their "spee-ritt!"

2.) Or, they are brainwashed into expecting some sort of duplicate experience of an account in Scripture. This is what happens when a "Pentecostal" claims to have experienced "glory from God," but in fact they are unable to duplicate any part of Acts ch. 2. They just imagine they can in "faith." Often it is hidden in churchy sounding jargon. "

which points?

Which people? All people or just some people?
To claim that people who have had such an experience are either one of two things..?
False or brainwashed.

I see the Glory of God all the time. He works through people right here in this forum.
But now, if I make that claim, I must be either lying or brainwashed.

So which points are valid?

I'm trying to understand where Jared is coming from, but all I keep hearing is, negative, negative, negative.
I hear nothing positive in his posts.
Is it just me?

Thank You
Hugs

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm trying to understand where Jared is coming from, but all I keep hearing is, negative, negative, negative.
I hear nothing positive in his posts.
Is it just me?

Its not you (I have some reservations myself) and I make no attempt to define where he is coming from- just an outside observers opinion and assessment. "Positive" is really not a scriptural requirement because its a subjective emotional requirement. MUCH of what Jesus said and did was not "positive" to the audience of the day. ( not to mention he was crucified for it as were most prophets and apostles too)

Which people? All people or just some people?
To claim that people who have had such an experience are either one of two things..?
False or brainwashed.

I took that to mean in general ( my read) but without following the scriptural requirements of discernment ( not mans percepton) then I must say the conclusions he offered are most likely. We are warned about false prophets and christs doing great signs to FOOL even the elect so there will certainly be 'false miracles" and the only way we are given from scripture is to discern every one of them.

I see the Glory of God all the time. He works through people right here in this forum.
But now, if I make that claim, I must be either lying or brainwashed.

That's not what he said Ziggy.

I just got finished here myself on another person for this same discussion so there certainly is a case for deluded people believing false things.

Reactions: Ziggy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dr. Jack Hayford at Church On the Way back in the 60's went into the church on a Saturday to turn on the heat for Sunday services and saw a glowing silvery mist form in the middle of the sanctuary. He left the room momentarily and rubbed his eyes, then walked back in and it was still there. And out of the mist came a voice that said, "I will fill this place with My glory."

At the time that he came to that small Foursquare church there were 18 senior citizens who were prayer warriors. After Pastor Jack heard God's voice, each week the number of people attending doubled. In 1976 I joined. In 1977 I was filled with the Holy Spirit to overflowing. What a difference a new nature filled with God makes!

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not you (I have some reservations myself) and I make no attempt to define where he is coming from- just an outside observers opinion and assessment. "Positive" is really not a scriptural requirement because its a subjective emotional requirement. MUCH of what Jesus said and did was not "positive" to the audience of the day. ( not to mention he was crucified for it as were most prophets and apostles too)

I took that to mean in general ( my read) but without following the scriptural requirements of discernment ( not mans percepton) then I must say the conclusions he offered are most likely. We are warned about false prophets and christs doing great signs to FOOL even the elect so there will certainly be 'false miracles" and the only way we are given from scripture is to discern every one of them.

That's not what he said Ziggy.

I just got finished here myself on another person for this same discussion so there certainly is a case for deluded people believing false things.
I guess I just don't see what he sees, and that's ok...
I believe there is a #3, and that it is authentic to those who claim they have seen the Glory of God.
You know why?
Because all things are possible with God.

I don't mean "positive" as good versus evil. I mean "positive" in actually receiving a benefit from what is posted.
I don't find that it benefits to call people false and brainwashed, unless and until they know the person making the claim.
These "generalizations" , I don't agree with.

You think attacking deluded people with truth is going to help?
And who is to judge which is the deluded.. lol
Ahhh so many questions not enough hours in the day..
Thank You for your comment
Hugs